Notices

Brad Boyes-TOP PROSPECT

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2004, 02:15 PM
kash

vCash: 500
Brad Boyes-TOP PROSPECT

All of you seem not to have Brad Boyes as a highly touted prospect. But I believe you guys are wrong, he finished near the top in the AHL scoring this season and his offensive potential is huge. I believe that a line where he and Bergeron are on would be a perfect line. He'll be an amazing player.

Old
05-24-2004, 02:36 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kash
All of you seem not to have Brad Boyes as a highly touted prospect. But I believe you guys are wrong, he finished near the top in the AHL scoring this season and his offensive potential is huge. I believe that a line where he and Bergeron are on would be a perfect line. He'll be an amazing player.
Thanks for your input Mrs. Boyes..!

Old
05-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Jeff from Maine

Welcome kash

But I would tell you this...

Anyone of us here could compile a list a couple 100 names long of guys who were great and dominant AHLers....only to show that they were not suited for the NHL.

Being an AHL great isnt anyones ticket to the NHL.

Look beyond the stats kash.

He doesnt skate all that well...
His shot isnt great, although it isnt awful...
He isnt a guy who is known for grit...
He isnt good in his own end...

The guy simply needs a break or 2 to go his way before he can be considered a legit shot at being an NHLer.

He may well turn into a solid 50 point 2nd line center. But he has a LOT of things to imprve upon before he can even think of becoming one.

I am a huge fan of his....as, I was and still am a fan of Jeff Jillson. But Boyes has his work cut out for him if he hopes to be a NHLer.

Good thing he has going for him....given his draft status, he will be given plenty of opportunity to fail.

Later

Old
05-24-2004, 03:01 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
But I would tell you this...

Anyone of us here could compile a list a couple 100 names long of guys who were great and dominant AHLers....only to show that they were not suited for the NHL.

Being an AHL great isnt anyones ticket to the NHL.

Look beyond the stats kash.

He doesnt skate all that well...
His shot isnt great, although it isnt awful...
He isnt a guy who is known for grit...
He isnt good in his own end...

The guy simply needs a break or 2 to go his way before he can be considered a legit shot at being an NHLer.

He may well turn into a solid 50 point 2nd line center. But he has a LOT of things to imprve upon before he can even think of becoming one.

I am a huge fan of his....as, I was and still am a fan of Jeff Jillson. But Boyes has his work cut out for him if he hopes to be a NHLer.

Good thing he has going for him....given his draft status, he will be given plenty of opportunity to fail.

Later
Terrific last sentence. Seems like a first round NHL pick has more lives than Freddy Kreuger.

Old
05-24-2004, 03:19 PM
Jeff from Maine

Thing That Scares Me A Bit Wham

O`C hit the home run with Bergeron this year.

I worry that he thinks that he can repeat this magic, and opt to fill the #2 center slot with Brad Boyes.

Nylander may prove to be expensive, and a replacement WILL cost us bucks.

Boyes would certainly be cost-efficient....thats a BIG appeal to a team that needs to pare off salary.

And if we end up giving 32-35 to our top 9 guys, then we will have to skimp in some other areas.

Boyes isnt at all ready for the NHL right now....but I could certainly see management giving he and Hilbert opportunities to crack the top 9 before they look outside of the organization.

Problem with that is that you lose out on the prime FA`s and are left taking a CHANCE on a guy who may be turn into a great catch, but has just as good odds of being a bust signing.

But I could easily envision something like:

Thornton- Samsonov- Lapointe
Boyes- Bergeron- Knuble
Hilbert- Axelsson- Samuelsson

And to me, thats NOT a winning combination....unless you want to keep a playoff qualification streak alive

Later

Old
05-24-2004, 05:57 PM
Mike B.

Quote:

I worry that he thinks that he can repeat this magic, and opt to fill the #2 center slot with Brad Boyes.
I think O'Connell would sooner opt to fill that slot with Bergeron than Boyes.

I am still hoping we see the return of Michael Nylander.

Old
05-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Mizral

Boyes is a good player, but I must disagree with Jeff - I think Boyes is ready for the NHL right now.

As do I think Mark Stuart and Hannu Toivinen are as well. I think you'll see all three of those guys have rookie seasons on the B's next year.

Old
05-24-2004, 06:23 PM
misterjaggers

Boyes would have played in the NHL this season if he had a quicker first step.

Old
05-24-2004, 07:00 PM
WBC8

Quote:

Nylander may prove to be expensive, and a replacement WILL cost us bucks.

Boyes would certainly be cost-efficient....thats a BIG appeal to a team that needs to pare off salary.

And if we end up giving 32-35 to our top 9 guys, then we will have to skimp in some other areas.

Boyes isnt at all ready for the NHL right now....but I could certainly see management giving he and Hilbert opportunities to crack the top 9 before they look outside of the organization.

Problem with that is that you lose out on the prime FA`s and are left taking a CHANCE on a guy who may be turn into a great catch, but has just as good odds of being a bust signing.

But I could easily envision something like:

Thornton- Samsonov- Lapointe
Boyes- Bergeron- Knuble
Hilbert- Axelsson- Samuelsson

And to me, thats NOT a winning combination....unless you want to keep a playoff qualification streak alive

Later
Meh. I may bust a blood vessel if that's the team we're given when we suit up. Even if we don't resign Nylander, there should be a decent #2 pivot that will want to prove himself in the post CBA.

I hope OC knows that Bergeron is the exception. I honestly can't remember a second round pick in the past 15 years that has made a difference like the Count has.

Old
05-24-2004, 07:34 PM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kash
All of you seem not to have Brad Boyes as a highly touted prospect.
Speak for yourself. You probably missed the conversations, but several here think Boyes is a fine prospect.

Old
05-24-2004, 08:11 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker
Speak for yourself. You probably missed the conversations, but several here think Boyes is a fine prospect.
Always gotta remember that tools arent everything. The guy has a nose for the net and is always on the scoreboard. I think he will be just fine.

Old
05-26-2004, 11:25 AM
neg marron

oh boyes!!!!1

when will he make the club give a fair prediction

i say 2 yrs

i'd love to see him play with bergeron and lapointe

Old
05-26-2004, 12:37 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

We should go for three scoring lines, and a fourth line that we can put out as an energy/defensive situation line. Boyes centering the third line would be fine with me.

Sammy Thornton Knuble
Green Nylander Bergeron
Hilbert Boyes Lapointe
Axe Donato Saumelsson

Closed Thread