HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

U-18 WC: Roster Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-04-2015, 05:24 AM
  #1
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 826
vCash: 1600
U-18 WC: Roster Talk

I just read an article on Zacha and how he'll try to come for the U-18 WC if he can make it (PO dependent). It got me thinking about the team we could build this year and how strong it would be compared to last year's team.

So here's a possible roster:

Goalies

Daniel Vladar '97
Ales Stezka '97
Jan Ruzicka '97

Defensemen

Jakub Zboril '97
Lukas Doudera '98
Libor Hajek '98
Petr Kalina '97
Daniel Krenzelok '97
Martin Weinhold '97
Vojtech Budik '98
Rostislav Snajnar '97
Ondrej Vala '98
Filip Hronek '97

Forwards

David Kase '97
Pavel Zacha '97
Michael Spacek '97
Filip Chlapik '97
Filip Suchy '97
Jan Dufek '97
Simon Stransky '97
Lukas Jasek '97
Lukas Andel '97
Tomas Soustal '97
Roman Dymacek '97
Radek Koblizek '97
Matous Belohorsky '98
Filip Dvorak '97
Filip Zadina '99


Possible lines (my first attempt lol, so apologies if I put players in their wrong position )

Koblizek-Zacha-Spacek
Dufek-Kase-Suchy
Stransky-Chlapik-Jasek
Andel-Soustal-Dymacek
Zadina

Zboril-Weinhold
Krenzelok-Kanak
Hajek-Doudera
Budik

Looks like a pretty good team to me, good goalies, decent defence and nice centre depth.

Comments/criticisms?


Last edited by Swipes: 02-13-2015 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Updating Roster
Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2015, 09:17 AM
  #2
Vogel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
The Czech team will be very strong with a good shot at medal (gold medal). Also we have a lot of players in CHL (Chlapik, Krenzelok, Soustal, Stransky, Zacha, Zboril) so the question is their availability (contract with CSLH).
I predict pretty similar roster (if all players are available and healthy). I am not sure that Budik will make it. He was injured a long time. And I think Kalina will be there (maybe instead of Kanak). I would switch Koblizek with Stransky, add Filip Dvorak – Filip Zadina won’t make the team. And the 4th line has a lot of options.

Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2015, 09:19 AM
  #3
joey16
Registered User
 
joey16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
If all players are available then it looks like a solid team. Maybe little worry about our defense (what else ) since we don't have many good '97 defensemen except for Zboril (and he may not be available). On the other hand there are quite good D players in '98 group. Also I think Rostislav Snajnar has a good chance to make it.

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2015, 03:19 PM
  #4
Vogel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogel View Post
The Czech team will be very strong with a good shot at medal (gold medal). Also we have a lot of players in CHL (Chlapik, Krenzelok, Soustal, Stransky, Zacha, Zboril) so the question is their availability (contract with CSLH).
I predict pretty similar roster (if all players are available and healthy). I am not sure that Budik will make it. He was injured a long time. And I think Kalina will be there (maybe instead of Kanak). I would switch Koblizek with Stransky, add Filip Dvorak – Filip Zadina won’t make the team. And the 4th line has a lot of options.
I have to change my opinion. Budik was our best defenseman at the U18 Five Nations Tournament

Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2015, 03:41 PM
  #5
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 826
vCash: 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogel View Post
I have to change my opinion. Budik was our best defenseman at the U18 Five Nations Tournament
Haha, there is still some time until the tournament starts though!

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2015, 03:07 PM
  #6
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogel View Post
I have to change my opinion. Budik was our best defenseman at the U18 Five Nations Tournament
I´m convinced that Ondrej Vala will make the team, he isn´t much worse than Budik who was one of the top D in entire tournament.
Filip Hronek is almost lock to be on team, he is the best PP defenseman and improved his defensive game a lot. On the other hand Doudera is too slow, unable to catch the pace of international game. Those games are faster than Czech Extraleague.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2015, 03:27 PM
  #7
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
I just read an article on Zacha and how he'll try to come for the U-18 WC if he can make it (PO dependent). It got me thinking about the team we could build this year and how strong it would be compared to last year's team.

So here's a possible roster:

Goalies

Daniel Vladar '97
Ales Stezka '97
Jan Ruzicka '97

Defensemen

Jakub Zboril '97
Lukas Doudera '98
Libor Hajek '98
Petr Kalina '97
Lukas Kanak '97
Daniel Krenzelok '97
Martin Weinhold '97
Josef Zajic '97
Vojtech Budik '98
Daniel Klimecky '97
Rostislav Snajnar '97

Forwards

David Kase '97
Pavel Zacha '97
Michael Spacek '97
Filip Chlapik '97
Filip Suchy '97
Jan Dufek '97
Simon Stransky '97
Lukas Jasek '97
Lukas Andel '97
Tomas Soustal '97
Roman Dymacek '97
Radek Koblizek '97
Matous Belohorsky '98
Filip Dvorak '97
Filip Zadina '99


Possible lines (my first attempt lol, so apologies if I put players in their wrong position )

Koblizek-Zacha-Spacek
Dufek-Kase-Suchy
Stransky-Chlapik-Jasek
Andel-Soustal-Dymacek
Zadina

Zboril-Weinhold
Krenzelok-Kanak
Hajek-Doudera
Budik

Looks like a pretty good team to me, good goalies, decent defence and nice centre depth.

Comments/criticisms?
Defense could be like this:

Weinhold - Hajek
Budík - Zboril
Hronek - Vala
Krenzelok/Snajnar/Kalina

It would be the best d-corp in years

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2015, 04:12 PM
  #8
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 826
vCash: 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Defense could be like this:

Weinhold - Hajek
Budík - Zboril
Hronek - Vala
Krenzelok/Snajnar/Kalina

It would be the best d-corp in years
I can't wait to see the '98 guys with the '97's at the WJC.....

EDIT: Roster updated to include Hronek and Vala.


Last edited by Swipes: 02-13-2015 at 04:17 PM.
Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2015, 04:31 PM
  #9
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
I can't wait to see the '98 guys with the '97's at the WJC.....

EDIT: Roster updated to include Hronek and Vala.
Scratch Kanak, Zajic and Klinecky, they have basically zero chance to make it.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2015, 04:37 AM
  #10
Vogel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
I´m convinced that Ondrej Vala will make the team, he isn´t much worse than Budik who was one of the top D in entire tournament.
Filip Hronek is almost lock to be on team, he is the best PP defenseman and improved his defensive game a lot. On the other hand Doudera is too slow, unable to catch the pace of international game. Those games are faster than Czech Extraleague.
I agree with you. Vala should make the team instead of Doudera (I was very disappointed with him). I think Hronek needs to improve his shooting but he deserves a spot.

Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2015, 04:22 PM
  #11
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogel View Post
I agree with you. Vala should make the team instead of Doudera (I was very disappointed with him). I think Hronek needs to improve his shooting but he deserves a spot.
I actually think that Hronek can shoot puck, he didn´t show it much at Five nation but I saw him shoot the puck well in domestic competition.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.