HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Czech National Team (A, U20, U18, U17, U16)

Old
01-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Swipes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Zamorsky is too slow skater for higher level, he is basically copy of Martin Hamrlik.
Once again I liked Tomas Nosek at World juniors. Lacks strength right now and not a good finisher but love his hockey sense and playmaking skills. Radek Faksa played well in his limited role too.
Yes, it's a pity he didn't get more ice time. I guess it'll increase in next year's tournament.

Btw, what do you think of Adam Zbořil? He's currently slightly above PPG in the ELJ as a 16 year old, which isn't too shabby.
I know you said a while back you didn't think he'd be a player but you never said why.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Czechexpert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Yes, it's a pity he didn't get more ice time. I guess it'll increase in next year's tournament.

Btw, what do you think of Adam Zbořil? He's currently slightly above PPG in the ELJ as a 16 year old, which isn't too shabby.
I know you said a while back you didn't think he'd be a player but you never said why.
Zboril has midget height(about 5´6) but already built like adult men, very strong and physically finished. So he won´t be taller and won´t be much stronger than he is now. He is not great skater, has some but not excellent skills and hockey sense, he doesn´t work hard without puck, has very questionable attitude and character(as well as his talented brother). Many other guys of his age will overtake him in the future.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Swipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Zboril has midget height(about 5´6) but already built like adult men, very strong and physically finished. So he won´t be taller and won´t be much stronger than he is now. He is not great skater, has some but not excellent skills and hockey sense, he doesn´t work hard without puck, has very questionable attitude and character(as well as his talented brother). Many other guys of his age will overtake him in the future.
Shame about his height, hopefully his character and attitude will improve as he gets older. Thanks for the info!

Old
01-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Rogalo

Czech U17 in Final

Hi guys / zdravím:-)

Just wandering what is the quality of this tourney in Drummondville.

The Czech U17 reached the final there. What is the quality of the tournament - I´m wandering if it is significant that our boys got to the final...and what do you think about the Czech U17? Any standout potential there? Thanx for your input and opinion guys!

Rogalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 09:12 AM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogalo View Post

The Czech U17 reached the final there. What is the quality of the tournament - I´m wandering if it is significant that our boys got to the final...and what do you think about the Czech U17? Any standout potential there? Thanx for your input and opinion guys!
Would be good to see the teams in the tournament to get an accurate assesment.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Swipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogalo View Post

We actually won it! We beat Phoenix College Esther Blondin 4-1 in the final. From the names of the teams in the tournament it sounds like we just played college teams with older players, so I wouldn't think the level is that high, but I would guess that it would be pretty decent.

Old
01-16-2012, 05:15 PM
zorz

I wouldn't make a big deal out of that they won the tournament, definitely nothing to be crazy about. The main thing these travels are good for is they can try some games on NA ice, which is great for them.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Swipes

Here are Bukac's thoughts on the tournament: http://www.cslh.cz/clanek/563-l-buka...mondville.html

Old
02-11-2012, 03:34 PM
zorz

I know there will be proper time after 2012 WHC for this topic, but I'm for it to start now. Do you guys think Hadamczik should stay as head coach with NT after this season? His contract expires as far as I know. I have not defined opinion, that's why I'd like to hear some more.

Old
02-12-2012, 09:02 AM
zorz

All games that happened past couple of days. I obviously didn't see their games, but the worst news probably is that U18 keeps sucking so far. They will hardly reach playoffs at U18 WHC as per usual.

Adults
09.02. 2012: CZE-SWE 2-1 SO
11.02. 2012: CZE-FIN 0-7
12.02. 2012: CZE-RUS 4-0

U19
08.02. 2012: CZE-SWE 2-5
09.02. 2012: CZE-GER 4-2
10.02. 2012: CZE-FIN 0-3
11.02. 2012: CZE-SUI 5-2

U18
08.02. 2012: CZE-FIN 3-8
09.02. 2012: CZE-USA 2-5
10.02. 2012: CZE-RUS 3-6
11.02. 2012: CZE-SWE 2-4

U17
09.02. 2012: CZE-FIN 3-4 OT
10.02. 2012: CZE-SWE 1-4
11.02. 2012: CZE-RUS 5-3

U16
10.02. 2012: CZE-SWE 1-6
11.02. 2012: CZE-RUS 1-8
12.02. 2012: CZE-FIN 0-2

Old
02-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Swipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
I know there will be proper time after 2012 WHC for this topic, but I'm for it to start now. Do you guys think Hadamczik should stay as head coach with NT after this season? His contract expires as far as I know. I have not defined opinion, that's why I'd like to hear some more.
Hmmm. Good question. Tbh, I'm a bit indifferent about him right now. Firstly, whilst I quite like the style that we play under him sometimes, I just don't believe in him. I don't believe he can lead us to a gold medal in any tournament, he just doesn't instill me with that level of confidence.

Secondly, we tend to be a bit disorganized under him, there are times when you wonder whether we're playing with any strategy or plan what so ever (what many fans call "hra na nahodu".)

Thirdly, for the last 7 years, the only two people who have coached the national team have been Ruzicka and Hadamczik. I think it's time we saw someone different on the bench who can bring something 'fresh' to the table. Perhaps have them tied up in a 3/4 year contract so they have time to work on the national team by systematically building in new players. Hadamczik has a tendency to lean on the same players and ignore others (as coaches do, but I just want to see more fresh faces for once, especially for the euro hockey tour tournaments where we regularly see the same faces, some of which IMO shouldn't be there, e.g. Barinka)

Finally, I feel it's important that the new coach (not Hadamczik) just coaches the national team and not a club team as well.

That's my view.

Old
03-08-2012, 06:33 AM
Swipes

Preliminary Roster for U-18 WC was released yesterday.

Goaltenders:
Marek Langhamer (Pardubice), Patrik Polívka (Plzeň), Daniel Dolejš (H. Brod), Dominik Hrachovina (Tappara Tampere, Finsko), Josef Sobotka (Liberec).

D-men:
Lukáš Buchta (Zlín), Tomáš Prokop, Karel Plášil (oba Č. Budějovice), Ronald Knot (Slavia Praha), Jan Košťálek (Sparta Praha), Martin Kokeš (Litvínov), Jakub Houfek (Plzeň), Dominik Tejnor, Radek Havel (oba Chomutov), Marek Bail, Adam Hawlik, Jan Štencel (všichni Vítkovice), Jiří Běhal (Třinec), Jan Sedlák (Kometa Brno), Libor Šulák (Tatranští vlci, MHL), Petr Šidlík (Victoriaville, QMJHL), Michal Plutnar (Tri-City, WHL).

Forwards:
Dominik Kubalík, Roman Přikryl, Jan Schleiss (všichni Plzeň), Jan Hudeček, Ondřej Slováček, Patrik Zdráhal (všichni Vítkovice), Dominik Simon, Martin Procházka, Martin Matějček (všichni Sparta Praha), Richard Nejezchleb (Slavia Praha), Pavel Sedláček (Zlín), Matěj Zadražil, Vojtěch Tomeček (oba K. Vary), Matěj Psota, Adam Dlouhý (oba Liberec), Ladislav Marek (Ml. Boleslav), Tomáš Franek (Třinec), Jiří Fronk (Chomutov), Jakub Vrána (Linköping, Švédsko), Eustathios Soumelidis (Vaasa, Finsko), Radek Faksa (Kitchener, OHL), Patrik Machač (Brampton, OHL), Dominik Volek (Regina, WHL), Adam Chlapík (Muskegon, USHL).

Thoughts?

Old
04-05-2012, 09:06 AM
zorz

Plekanec and Pavelec confirmed for the WHC, nice start! But I want more :-) Preferably Tlustý, Hejda, Vincour, Hemský, Šmíd, Kaberle + 1 more vet. We could also get some good reinforcements from BOS/OTT and STL/PHX series.

Old
04-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Swipes

+ Tlusty (http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-...nt-tlusty.html)

EDIT: Holik scores his first goal for the national team. Playing well. Czechs 2-0 up against Latvia.

Last edited by Swipes: 04-06-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old
04-06-2012, 09:55 AM
smitty10

Outside of Tlusty, Plekanec and Pavelec, it looks like the following should be available:

Spacek
Hejda
Dvorak
Vincour
Martinek (injured?)
Prospal
Hemsky
Smid
Kaberle

Seems like almost all the NHL's Czech's are on good teams heading to the playoffs.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Swipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Outside of Tlusty, Plekanec and Pavelec, it looks like the following should be available:

Spacek
Hejda
Dvorak
Vincour
Martinek (injured?)
Prospal
Hemsky
Smid
Kaberle

Seems like almost all the NHL's Czech's are on good teams heading to the playoffs.
Indeed. But I reckon we have a pretty strong crop of euros so we should be alright. Plus Prospal has declined for family reasons, Hemsky and Smid are injured (I think) and Spacek will probably decline due to age/long season/family etc.

Old
04-09-2012, 12:14 PM
smitty10

Vincour has been assigned to the Texas Stars (AHL) today according to eliteprospects.com. I guess this means he's unavailable for the WC until they're out.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:44 PM
zorz

Because of some talk on the int. board I noticed there is less than 2 years until Sochi and also I haven't made any pointless list for a while, so here we go. Players who might be in discussion when 2014 team will be formed. Above the line are those I think will have pretty good chance to make the team (some of them 100%). Below the line are guys who might squeeze in because of some injuries when having a great season or something. These are either young players or ageing vets or solid complementary guys based in Europe. Looking at the competition on D, personally I think one of Krajíček/Nakládal/Němec has the best chance to make the team out of guys below the line.

(number) = age in 2014

LW
Tomáš Fleischmann (29)
Milan Michálek (29)
Vladimír Sobotka (26)
Jiří Tlustý (25)
---
Michael Frolík (25)
Lukáš Kašpar (28)
Jakub Klepiš (29)
Rostislav Olesz (28) - I put him in, because he still has NHL contract until 13/14 and you never know what happens next season.
Petr Průcha (31)
Tomáš Rolinek (33)

C
Roman Červenka (28)
Patrik Eliáš (37)
Martin Hanzal (26)
David Krejčí (27)
Tomáš Plekanec (31)
---
Roman Horák (22)
Kamil Kreps (29)
Jiří Novotný (30)
Tomáš Vincour (23)
Petr Vrána (28)

RW
Martin Erat (32)
Martin Havlát (32)
Aleš Hemský (30)
Jiří Hudler (30)
Jakub Voráček (24)
Radim Vrbata (32)
---
Radek Dvořák (36)
Tomáš Kubalík (23)
Marek Kvapil (29)
Jakub Petružálek (28)

LHD
Miroslav Blaťák (31)
Jakub Kindl (26)
Rostislav Klesla (31)
Ladislav Šmíd (28)
---
Jan Hejda (35)
Michal Jordán (23)
Tomáš Kaberle (35)
Lukáš Krajíček (30)

RHD
Zbyněk Michálek (31)
Roman Polák (27)
---
Radko Gudas (23)
Tomáš Kundrátek (24)
Jakub Nakládal (26)
Ondřej Němec (29)
Michal Rozsíval (35)
Marek Židlický (37)

G
Michal Neuvirth (25)
Ondřej Pavelec (26)
Jakub Štěpánek (27)
---
Jakub Kovář (25)
Petr Mrázek (21)
Alexander Salák (27)

Last edited by zorz: 04-19-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old
04-20-2012, 12:55 PM
zorz

reminder

All games are already listed in post 246 as well as the results. Only 2 games of U17 are to be played yet + "A" team's games.

Old
04-21-2012, 12:19 AM
wings5

So what have been the results of their new development model early on, too early to tell?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 04:01 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
So what have been the results of their new development model early on, too early to tell?
Sadly it's still too early. We started about 2 years ago, when you look at Swedes, they made their reform in 2000 (roughly) and their draft results started to slowly improve not earlier than 5 years after that (btw. even in their "bad years" their drafts were much better than the Czech ones now). Today, we don't even know if the changes made in CZE will be as effective as were the Swedish ones. IMO it would be miracle if the effect was equally strong and quick. I think the goal for U18 and U20 for the following years stays to fight and keep their top 8 position with a chance to get into top 6 in a good year.

Old
04-21-2012, 07:44 AM
zorz

U18

interview with the coach Veber: http://hokej.idnes.cz/trener-hokejis...prezentace_elv

Old
04-21-2012, 08:43 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
What is going on Czech hockey? What development model changes, can anyone enlighten me?

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 03:44 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
What is going on Czech hockey? What development model changes, can anyone enlighten me?
There were some actions taken by ČSLH (Czech Ice Hockey Association) to change the trend. First they created new position in their structure in the summer 2010, a "director of youth development" and hired Slavomir Lener to do that. In 10/11 they focused on improving youth NT's schedule to give them chance to be more prepared for major tournaments. Beside of that, they were mainly planning what they really want to do next. Since 11/12 season, the project of hockey academies was started. It means some clubs which meet the standards can become hockey academy. They get some extra money but they are supervised by ČSLH to do everything about development on the level as high as possible - training, coaching, international tournament for their teams etc.

Beside the hockey academies they are also trying to resolve the problem with youth coaches in all other clubs too. As far as I know not good enough and not educated enough coaches are one of the problems, so they are pushing these coaches to get their proper education done. Other things like various educating seminars for coaches are common everywhere, that existed already before 2010.

Another step should be to create more space for young players in the Czech top league according to what I heard, but that was not resolved yet and I'm not sure what they are going to do. The only obstackle for these changes that appeared recently is that Slavomir Lener will likely leave ČSLH now after 2 years for a better job in Sparta Praha. My hope is they hire somebody else for this job and stay on this way.

Last edited by zorz: 04-22-2012 at 03:52 AM.
Old
04-26-2012, 02:14 PM
zorz

At least the Czech young NT's end the season on a good note

U17
25.04. 2012: CZE-RUS 2-1 (Patrňák, Slánský)
26.04. 2012: CZE-RUS 5-4 OT (Kaše, Pastrňák, Rob, Zbořil 2x)