HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buying single game tickets - any advice?

Old
07-13-2010, 05:36 PM
kurt
the last emperor

vCash: 500
Buying single game tickets - any advice?

Hey, I used to post on here regularly back when my cousin Jared got flipped to LA in the Deadmarsh/Blake deal, but haven't been around much since. I'm guessing Kovy is the topic du jour 'round here.

I'm looking into heading down to California in March to catch the Canucks/Kings, then Canucks/Ducks with a few friends. Do Kings tickets sell out, typically? Where are the best bang/buck areas to sit? We'd probably be looking for lower bowl seats if possible... how much do they go for?

Also, if they don't sell out, is it easy to pick up tickets at or below face value from scalpers, the night of the game?

Thanks all. Thanks a bunch.

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 05:38 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

This year they will likely sellout quite a few. But i'm sure you can go to stubhub.com and get them cheap.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 05:45 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
This year they will likely sellout quite a few. But i'm sure you can go to stubhub.com and get them cheap.
Thanks. Cheap, as in cheaper than face value, buying them online via ticketmaster?

Old
07-13-2010, 06:27 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Thanks. Cheap, as in cheaper than face value, buying them online via ticketmaster?
Cheaper than face value if you buy in "certain" sections where they don't allow the riff raff.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Nicholls9

Send a message via AIM to Nicholls9
Definitely StubHub. I've regularly picked up lower bowl (ends/corners) for cheaper than upper bowl prices.

Nicholls9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

I've gotten $4 tickets on Stubhub for lesser games. The Nucks game will likely sell out, but you should be able to pick up something around or slightly less than face unless you wait til the last week (or you wait til the last day).

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 07:10 PM
glovesave42

Another vote for Stubhub. I've gotten 13th row behind the visiting net for $20 before. Looking forward to a bunch more games this year

glovesave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 08:23 PM
GoKings57

Another vote for StubHub. I picked up Premiere section seats for the last home game of the season for $30 under face value.

And even though my work uses a TicketMaster software for our Admissions Desk, I still think they're the worst company in America. I refuse to do business with them in my personal life.

GoKings57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 08:30 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I have already purchase tickets for 2nd home game vs Vancouver, New Jersey, and the Chicago game the Saturday after Thanksgiving for well below face value.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Yeah, I used stubhub last year for a Kings-Dallas game for well below face value.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 09:30 PM
2faded

From the Ducks board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Hey, I used to post on here regularly back when my friend Andrew first cracked into the NHL, but haven't been around much since he was waived.

I'm looking into heading down to California in March to catch the Canucks/Ducks, as well as Canucks/Kings with a few friends. Do Ducks tickets sell out, typically? Where are the best bang/buck areas to sit? We'd probably be looking for lower bowl seats if possible... how much do they go for?

Also, if they don't sell out, is it easy to pick up tickets at or below face value from scalpers, the night of the game?

Thanks all. Thanks a bunch.

2faded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 01:10 AM
kurt
the last emperor

Alright, we're getting serious about getting these weekend plans together... lots of votes for Stubhub, and a few votes over on the Ducks board for eBay. Thanks a lot for the input. Ducks fans seem to buy their tickets for below face from some restaurant across the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
From the Ducks board:
Haha, yeah, I posted on both boards. We're going to both games. I got a little lazy with my message. Can you blame me? It is true, though, I did used to post fairly regularly on the Kings forum back when Jared Aulin was in the system, and occasionally on the Ducks board when Andrew Ebbett cracked their roster. Give a guy a break.