HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blake Wheeler to Minny

Old
07-15-2010, 02:14 AM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

vCash: 500
Blake Wheeler to Minny

It is a very good possibility that Wheeler will become a cap casualty in Boston. What would it take to get him to the wild?

Wild: Wheeler

Boston: Harding + prospect and/or 2011 pick?

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 02:22 AM
End of Line
Human After All

I don't see Boston trading for a goalie, unless Thomas is going the other way.

End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 04:32 AM
Serpico4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
It is a very good possibility that Wheeler will become a cap casualty in Boston. What would it take to get him to the wild?

Although fans were riding him hard last year, the front office and Neely in particular, are really high on him. The team has been more than accomodating towards Wheeler's playing time and development. I think they'd actually just get rid of someone like Paille or something before they just toss Wheeler for a pick. Maybe something centered around Burns and Wheeler+, but Burns gets Kaberle love from Wild fans, so there's no need to get into that.

I don't think there's much in the Minnesota system and another goalie isn't what the Bruins would want.

Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 05:57 AM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico4ever View Post
Although fans were riding him hard last year, the front office and Neely in particular, are really high on him. The team has been more than accomodating towards Wheeler's playing time and development. I think they'd actually just get rid of someone like Paille or something before they just toss Wheeler for a pick. Maybe something centered around Burns and Wheeler+, but Burns gets Kaberle love from Wild fans, so there's no need to get into that.

I don't think there's much in the Minnesota system and another goalie isn't what the Bruins would want.
I agree with you. Wheeler is a good player who shouldn't be tossed aside.

The team has some good prospects on the wing coming along, so if they decided to trade Wheeler the return would need to be a good, young defenseman with upside like Burns or Cam Barker.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:37 AM
denkiteki

Quote:

What will Boston do with 3 goalies that need to clear waivers? I guess this works if Boston decides they want to (for whatever reason) bury Thomas (doubt he'll clear waivers).

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:39 AM
Ruzicka38
Oh man

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkiteki View Post
What will Boston do with 3 goalies that need to clear waivers? I guess this works if Boston decides they want to (for whatever reason) bury Thomas (doubt he'll clear waivers).
They can't bury Thomas. TT has a no movement clause. That means no moving him to the minors.
Any chance Minnesota would to Wheeler for a 2nd round pick?

Ruzicka38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:57 AM
grN1g

Quote:

LOL i found that pretty funny, but i wont get into that..

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 07:04 AM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

I wish Phoenix could trade you Wheeler for Harding.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 07:31 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:

Yeah, how unreasonable for us to ask for Bergeron or Krejci for Burns.

We should just trade Burns for whatever just to get him off the team as fast as possible.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Yeah, how unreasonable for us to ask for Bergeron or Krejci for Burns.

We should just trade Burns for whatever just to get him off the team as fast as possible.

Because he clearly wants a trade and the Wild clearly wants to trade him!

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularTheory View Post
Because he clearly wants a trade and the Wild clearly wants to trade him!

And he's not from Minnesota!

Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzicka38 View Post
They can't bury Thomas. TT has a no movement clause. That means no moving him to the minors.
Any chance Minnesota would to Wheeler for a 2nd round pick?
You already have our 2nd rounder, from the Kobasew deal

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I think Wheeler is a bad seed. He held out in Phoenix and then went to Boston, and now he's filed for arbitration, he's all about Blake Wheeler, and he's very money hungry. At least that's how it comes across, I really have no idea.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
I think Wheeler is a bad seed. He held out in Phoenix and then went to Boston, and now he's filed for arbitration, he's all about Blake Wheeler, and he's very money hungry. At least that's how it comes across, I really have no idea.
I'm sure it's just business. He's not the first player to file for arbitration.

Old
07-15-2010, 10:51 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:
I love the anti-Blake Wheeler guys. He chose to be a UFA and signed with Boston over PHX (who was a total grease fire at the time), and now he chose to go to Arbitration...and he's just a bad seed. 90% of the posters here would have done exactly the same thing that Wheeler did 3 years ago if they were in his situation, but it's so much easier to throw stones because it makes us feel better.

As for Wheeler to Minny, it makes a ton of sense to be honest. Not sure, at all, what fair value is going back to Boston though. Given the dearth of prospects in Minny's system I could see Wheeler+ for Burns, but that + would have to be a pretty decent prospect or pick.

With the draft being in Minny next season, how do Wild fans feel about:

Wheeler+Bos 2011 1st+Hunwick
for
Burns.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Fire Julien

Quote:
It could very well be the Bruins low-balling him too. Skilled players who don't hit aren't on top of the front office's priority list.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:56 AM
ALinsky

Quote:
Your way off here, no offense. WHeeler is a complete team first/hardworking guy.

ALinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALinsky View Post
Your way off here, no offense. WHeeler is a complete team first/hardworking guy.
None taken. Just seems like a player who hasn't accomplished anything is demanding a lot. First it was Phoenix who he screwed after they went off the board to take him, and now Boston. Like I said, it's just the way it comes across to an outsider with no real knowledge.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:58 AM
UConn126
Bass Player.

Quote:

This is a fair value trade, but completely illogical from Boston's perspective. If a Thomas/ Gagne or similar move were made, then a Wheeler for Harding trade would be nice, but as long as Rask and Thomas are both on the team, they have no need to bring in a goalie.

If Burns is available, I don't know how youre team values him so excuse me if this is out of line, but a Burns to the Bruins trade would be nice from my perspective. I think Bruins would ship over Savard or Wheeler+ for him.

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
I love the anti-Blake Wheeler guys. He chose to be a UFA and signed with Boston over PHX (who was a total grease fire at the time), and now he chose to go to Arbitration...and he's just a bad seed. 90% of the posters here would have done exactly the same thing that Wheeler did 3 years ago if they were in his situation, but it's so much easier to throw stones because it makes us feel better.
Believe that if it makes you feel better.

However I don't agree that 90% of HF would stick two fingers up at Wayne Gretzky, especially when there was no financial gain to it.

If Cam Neely drafted you top 5, encouraged you to get a college degree, stuck by you for four years, despite some of the harshest criticism you'll ever see, you'd honestly say "F U, the CBA screwed you and now I'm gonna play in California instead" ? I think I know what you'd do.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:03 PM
EverettMike

Blake Wheeler: "That dog don't hunt."

Still a ton of upside, but at this point the feeling is the front office is much higher on him than a lot of the fanbase. Seems like a worse player now than the first four months of his rookie season.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:20 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Minnesota has to be careful with how much money they take on or spend. Koivu is a UFA in 11/12.

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:30 PM
StanJonathan*

Quote:

As you have found out the Bruins wouldn't be trading for a goalie unless Timmy goes the other way.
So if you want Wheeler in a Wild uniform I'd say that the other central piece
would be a defenseman let's say some one like Cam Baker.

StanJonathan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:38 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Depending on if Boston walks from Wheeler or if they decide to deal him, I could still see the kid ending up in Toronto (depending on the price tag)

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Dr Jan Itor

I'm not sure when or where I heard this, and I may be confusing him with another former Golden Gopher, but I thought he said he had no interest playing for the Wild.

However, if I'm wrong, maybe Wheeler + our 2nd rounder back for Barker + 4th or 5th? Am I close?