Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

Hopp Schwiiz!!!

Old
03-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Fleuryfan29

vCash: 500
Hopp Schwiiz!!!

I'm not swiss by any means but I can make out a few things. With that being said this November, My Girlfriend (who was born in Switzerland) and I are going to Koelliken, Switzerland to visit her parents.
She knows nothing about the SEL but would like to see either Davos or Lugano (SP?).
Is there any good teams around where I'm heading that I should check out, and how much are tickets going to run me?

Thanks

P.S. Look for me in the Team Canada Jersey next November!!

Fleuryfan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 10:59 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleuryfan29 View Post
I'm not swiss by any means but I can make out a few things. With that being said this November, My Girlfriend (who was born in Switzerland) and I are going to Koelliken, Switzerland to visit her parents.
She knows nothing about the SEL but would like to see either Davos or Lugano (SP?).
Is there any good teams around where I'm heading that I should check out, and how much are tickets going to run me?

Thanks

P.S. Look for me in the Team Canada Jersey next November!!
Welcome.

You made a very serious mistake : SEL is the Swedish League ... you may be diped in tar and then subsequently in a buck of feathers after this mistake ... remember it !

It is the National League A, in short LNA or NLA or ... we have 4 official languages + english thererfore remember that any 3 word letters conaining the letters L N & A in different combination is about the swiss hockey league. (i am exagerating for the sake of fun ... )

Then about the opportunities you may encouter for good games ... it is playoff time so you may have some exciting games going on ... but i leave others answer this part as i do not live on this side of the country.

Enjoy your stay ! and don't worry for the SEL, we'll say it to nobody.

Last edited by torero: 03-13-2010 at 11:06 PM.
torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:59 AM
ExE

It's playoff time Lugano is playing against Berne but there's 3-0 for Berne in the series so you should hurry up if you want to see Lugano.

Davos is playing against Kloten 2-1 in the series and Davos will play at least one time at home the 18 march

ExE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Vodka_Tonic

he said in november. so no playoffs then.

kölliken, home of this mastermind.

Olten and Langenthal are pretty nearby. National League B, but those are always entertaining games, especially if they play each other. Pretty heated rivalry there.
Make sure to stop by at the El Mosquito in Langenthal for some chicken wings.

EHC Olten
SC Langenthal

Vodka_Tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Fleuryfan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
Welcome.

You made a very serious mistake : SEL is the Swedish League ... you may be diped in tar and then subsequently in a buck of feathers after this mistake ... remember it !
Iam So very, I know that the swiss do not like germans too much. I hear it from my girlfriends family all the time.
I wasn't thinking when I put down SEL, I was thinking Swiss Elite League.
I hope you can forgive and forget

Quote:
Then about the opportunities you may encouter for good games ... it is playoff time so you may have some exciting games going on ... but i leave others answer this part as i do not live on this side of the country.
Like I said above, I'll be heading there this November (8 Months). She is making me buy me a Swiss rail pass. So I think were going to be touring around (Oh God, Help me!!!! )

Old
03-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Fleuryfan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodka_Tonic View Post
he said in november. so no playoffs then.

kölliken, home of this mastermind.

Olten and Langenthal are pretty nearby. National League B, but those are always entertaining games, especially if they play each other. Pretty heated rivalry there.
Make sure to stop by at the El Mosquito in Langenthal for some chicken wings.

EHC Olten
SC Langenthal
Thanks for the idea's. I showed my other half the Dj BoBo video and she said he was big over there back in the day, but than again so was david Haselhoff.
Her parents live down the street from his parents.

Anyways thanks for the hockey club suggestions, I can't wait to see a game over there. As I'm taking Swiss Lessons now I hope to be interacting with people while I'm there.

Old
03-14-2010, 04:53 PM
torero

Some comments on your posts :

Quote:
Iam So very, I know that the swiss do not like germans too much. I hear it from my girlfriends family all the time.
I wasn't thinking when I put down SEL, I was thinking Swiss Elite League.
I hope you can forgive and forget
Swedes aren't Germans neither !
Men, to avoid ending up in tar and feathers ... learn European geography

In reality we all love each other, but it is also normal to have a good old healthy rivalry with your beloved neighbors.

Quote:
Like I said above, I'll be heading there this November (8 Months). She is making me buy me a Swiss rail pass. So I think were going to be touring around (Oh God, Help me!!!! )

= no playoffs ! = no luck !

Sorry i misread you article ... i guess the SEL = Switzerland hockey league made me loose my sense of detail and objectivity

Quote:
Thanks for the idea's. I showed my other half the Dj BoBo video and she said he was big over there back in the day, but than again so was david Haselhoff.
Her parents live down the street from his parents.

Anyways thanks for the hockey club suggestions, I can't wait to see a game over there. As I'm taking Swiss Lessons now I hope to be interacting with people while I'm there.
if your Swiss lessons are Swiss German, then i wish you good luck. Actually 2 weeks ago i met an Australian in a plane who could speak perfectly Swiss German. He learned it in 2 years. It was the first foreigner who could speak so well Swiss German. Generally it is an impossible mission. so good luck.

As per the hockey club, go For Bern. The greatest Swiss experience ... the biggest arena in Europe with around 19'000 places. The atmosphere is electric ... then if you choose a Bern - Fribourg game ... both cities are neighbors and while generally Bern is among the leaders and Fribourg is in the middle of the standings at best , when they meet it is each time war. And even regular season games with these two teams have playoff atmosphere.

Vodka_tonic may have some good tips for a hockey game ... yet second league (LNB/NLB National Liga B) is a bit better than an ECHL level.

Old
03-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Fleuryfan29

Thanks for the update

I've been learning swiss german for about 3 months now with a Lady in here in my hometown because my girlfriend dosen't have the patientce.
All I've managed to learn so far was "I have a car" and "Where is the bathroom"

I agree its a very tough language to learn.

Old
03-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Froznpond

Hello Fleuryfan29

Infrequent poster, but I've lurked on the board for a while. I live in SoCal but so far have been able to visit Switzerland twice to see several hockey games (I have relatives there). I do hope you get to see some games, they are definately different but very enjoyable. The atmosphere is more electric(the fans) but the games are less physical. I agree with Torero, a game in Bern is definately an experience you won't soon forget. The schedule for the league should be available several months before you go so you should be able to find a game close to your travels - Kloten, ZSC, Zug, Rapperswil and Bern are within comfortable driving distance of Koellikon(Kanton Aarau right?). The tickets are cheap (relative to NHL games) and so is the food. I suggest you leave early for the games (travel times, parking - or lack thereof) and other factors could delay you. Regardless, I hope you enjoy your time in Switzerland even if you don't get to any games . . .

Froznpond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Fleuryfan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froznpond View Post
Hello Fleuryfan29

Infrequent poster, but I've lurked on the board for a while. I live in SoCal but so far have been able to visit Switzerland twice to see several hockey games (I have relatives there). I do hope you get to see some games, they are definately different but very enjoyable. The atmosphere is more electric(the fans) but the games are less physical. I agree with Torero, a game in Bern is definately an experience you won't soon forget. The schedule for the league should be available several months before you go so you should be able to find a game close to your travels - Kloten, ZSC, Zug, Rapperswil and Bern are within comfortable driving distance of Koellikon(Kanton Aarau right?). The tickets are cheap (relative to NHL games) and so is the food. I suggest you leave early for the games (travel times, parking - or lack thereof) and other factors could delay you. Regardless, I hope you enjoy your time in Switzerland even if you don't get to any games . . .
Thanks Froznpond, and welcome to Hfboards (visit me in the Penguins board ).
I'm definately looking forward to my trip. As for leaving early and getting a good parking space.... I hope to be taking the train to wherever I'm watching the game and staying the night in a hotel or hostel the night before.

Old
03-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Fleuryfan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froznpond View Post
Koellikon (Kanton Aarau right?) .
The girlfriend says yes!

Old
03-25-2010, 06:58 AM
The Angry Teatowel
@AngryTeatowel

How's the Swiss German going? I expect it's better than mine and I've been living here for over 2 years now

Most stadiums seem to be relatively near public transport and I'd recommend heading out EV Zug, my local team, will be in their new arena by the time you come over, could be worth checking out! Only gonna be a small arena by NHL standards but it'll be far noisier

If you head to a Zug game and fancy a beer when you're over, give me a shout Would be more than happy to show you around and get ya to the arena.

The Angry Teatowel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Shadowthrone
Harken the Hammer

Quote:
Some comments on your posts :

Swedes aren't Germans neither !
Men, to avoid ending up in tar and feathers ... learn European geography

In reality we all love each other, but it is also normal to have a good old healthy rivalry with your beloved neighbors.

= no playoffs ! = no luck !

Sorry i misread you article ... i guess the SEL = Switzerland hockey league made me loose my sense of detail and objectivity

if your Swiss lessons are Swiss German, then i wish you good luck. Actually 2 weeks ago i met an Australian in a plane who could speak perfectly Swiss German. He learned it in 2 years. It was the first foreigner who could speak so well Swiss German. Generally it is an impossible mission. so good luck.

As per the hockey club, go For Bern. The greatest Swiss experience ... the biggest arena in Europe with around 19'000 places. The atmosphere is electric ... then if you choose a Bern - Fribourg game ... both cities are neighbors and while generally Bern is among the leaders and Fribourg is in the middle of the standings at best , when they meet it is each time war. And even regular season games with these two teams have playoff atmosphere.

Vodka_tonic may have some good tips for a hockey game ... yet second league (LNB/NLB National Liga B) is a bit better than an ECHL level.
Biggest arena in Europe? Come on...

Shadowthrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 02:45 AM
swissexpert

not biggest arena, but highest spectators average.
It's better to have 15'000 in a 17'000 arena than 12'000 in an 20'000 arena, right?

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 08:46 PM
torero

Zuschauerstatistik Clubs1.
1. (1) SC Bern (SUI)..................15709
2. (2) Eisbären Berlin (DEU).........14060
3. (4) Frölunda Indians (SWE)......11399
4. (3) Adler Mannheim (DEU)........11094
5. (5) Kölner Haie (DEU)..............10076
6. (18)SKA St. Petersburg (RUS)....9400
7. (6) Avangard Omsk (RUS).........9202
8. (7) HC Pardubice (CZE)............8682
9. (8) Lokomotiv Jaroslawl (RUS)....8594
10. (10)Salawat Julajew Ufa (RUS)...8241
11. (9)Jokerit Helsinki (FIN)...........8233
12. (12)ZSC Lions (SUI).................7749
13. (16)Dinamo Riga (LET)..............7500
14. (-)Kometa Brno (CZE).............7158
15. (14)Amur Chabarowsk (RUS)......7100
16. (28)Djurgården Stockholm (SWE).7034

a more complete list is on

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=753850

Yet i am surprised ... i thought it was the biggest as well. Anyone knows which one is the biggest ?

Berlin's O2 is 18'500. didn't check the followers.

Old
03-30-2010, 01:18 AM
swissexpert

Quote:
Berlin's O2 is 18'500. didn't check the followers.
mhm... the capacity of the O2 arena is 14'200 for hockey.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/O%E2%82%82_World

Postfinance-Arena in Bern has 17'131.

oh, now i got it: even 2 british arenas are bigger than bern`s. Winner is St. petersburg with 25'000.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_d...adien_der_Welt

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Fleuryfan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBroomers View Post
How's the Swiss German going? I expect it's better than mine and I've been living here for over 2 years now

Most stadiums seem to be relatively near public transport and I'd recommend heading out EV Zug, my local team, will be in their new arena by the time you come over, could be worth checking out! Only gonna be a small arena by NHL standards but it'll be far noisier

If you head to a Zug game and fancy a beer when you're over, give me a shout Would be more than happy to show you around and get ya to the arena.
My Swiss german is going well. I can speak it... but can't write it
But I can't wait till my 2 week vacation over there!
I may take you up on that offer as well, I have a feeling I'm gonna get lost driving or using the rail pass LoL

Old
04-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Fleuryfan29

Also a little off topic........

But do any of you know where I can get a Official Swiss jersey? The ones that were used in the olympics for my girlfriend.
don't worry if the website link is in Swiss (I can get her to translate )

Old
08-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Fleuryfan29

So.... Tickets are booked and were heading to Zurich on November 12th - 26th. Can someone give me some prices and info on how to get tickets here in Canada?

Were thinking of watching Bern, Zurich, or Davos.

Old
08-10-2010, 02:32 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

Games in Zurich and Davos are unlikely to be sold out, and even in Bern you should still be able to get tickets at the arena if you show up early.

Tickets can be bought in advance on www.ticketcorner.ch (though they are not available yet), but I'm not sure if they sell abroad. If they don't, mabe your best chance is to contact the home team through their website.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Fleuryfan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
Games in Zurich and Davos are unlikely to be sold out, and even in Bern you should still be able to get tickets at the arena if you show up early.

Tickets can be bought in advance on www.ticketcorner.ch (though they are not available yet), but I'm not sure if they sell abroad. If they don't, mabe your best chance is to contact the home team through their website.
Thanks stv11, we were worried that games are sold out before we get there.

Old
08-11-2010, 02:38 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

Unless the game is Bern-Langnau, Bern-Fribourg or Zurich-Kloten, tickets should be available on game day. Just be careful if you want to attend one of these matchup.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 10:56 AM
peachy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
Unless the game is Bern-Langnau, Bern-Fribourg or Zurich-Kloten, tickets should be available on game day. Just be careful if you want to attend one of these matchup.
games in Bern:last year, only the games between bern-fribourg and bern-davos were sold out.

peachy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Fleuryfan29

So the Airline Tickets are bought and paid for, We have the scheduale of Visits my Girlfriend has to do during out 2 week stay.
And now we finally found out what game we are heading to: Nov 16, 2010 EV ZUG V.S. HC DAVOS @ the Bossard Arena in Zug.

Anyone up for meeting and joining a fellow hockey fan who speaks broken swiss? LoL

Old
10-17-2010, 09:54 PM
torero

Quote:
So the Airline Tickets are bought and paid for, We have the scheduale of Visits my Girlfriend has to do during out 2 week stay.
And now we finally found out what game we are heading to: Nov 16, 2010 EV ZUG V.S. HC DAVOS @ the Bossard Arena in Zug.

Anyone up for meeting and joining a fellow hockey fan who speaks broken swiss? LoL
Tks a lot ... but i am really not in this region ...

Enjoy the game. The Bossard arena is new and Zug is a team en vogue, while Davos is always spectacular to watch.

Enjoy the game and the country.