HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avtsin signed

Old
08-29-2010, 01:32 PM
guest1467

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
You never know what could happen but i can't see the management puting Avtsyn in the NHL for a long span this upcoming reason. Even Subban had to play for an entire season in the AHL.
I don't think it is comparable for a number of reasons: Subban was coming from junior, not a professional hockey league. And most importantly, forwards have a much easier time breaking into the league than a defensemen, no matter what the talent levels.

But I tend to agree with you, I think he will play a lot in Hamilton this season, unless there are injuries again.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

We all know that the defensive size of his game won't be enough for Martin to make him a regular from the spot. My prediction? 1 full year and not even a callup. Though others would have to keep producing and play good, but I see a couple of guys ahead of him.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Shutdown

Tidbits from the Team 990's Amanda Stein

Useless info:
Quote:
It just took #Habs Avtsin 7 strides- pushing off on the same skate - to go from one end of the rink to the other. #uselessfact
Good to hear:
Quote:
#Habs Avtsin pulled an amazing move- I'd say his wrist looks fine to me. Incredible ability to handle the puck. Hope for promising future...

Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 03:31 PM
CDNMarty

I just hope they get tempted to Latendresse this guy. Let him get seasoned to the North American game in Hamilton for awhile and go from there.

CDNMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNMarty View Post
I just hope they get tempted to Latendresse this guy. Let him get seasoned to the North American game in Hamilton for awhile and go from there.
Latendresse couldn't go in the AHL when he turned pro. Avtsin doesn't has this problem cause he wasn't drafted out of the CHL, so they can put him in the AHL as long as they want.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 03:56 PM
CDNMarty

Forgive my ignorance but why couldn't Latendresse go from Drummondville to Hamilton upon signing his entry-level deal?

Old
08-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Forgive my ignorance but why couldn't Latendresse go from Drummondville to Hamilton upon signing his entry-level deal?
Because he was drafted out of the CHL and that's how it works. Leblanc/Tinordi can play in the AHL, as well as Avtsin because they weren't drafted out of the CHL.

Old
08-30-2010, 04:43 PM
CDNMarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazz Wagon View Post
Because he was drafted out of the CHL and that's how it works. Leblanc/Tinordi can play in the AHL, as well as Avtsin because they weren't drafted out of the CHL.
So why was Subban able to go to Hamilton after being drafted out of Belleville?

Old
08-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
He played a full OHL season in between...

Old
08-30-2010, 04:47 PM
CDNMarty

So is it something like if he still has CHL eligibility then he can't play in the AHL?

Old
08-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
So is it something like if he still has CHL eligibility then he can't play in the AHL?
Until a certain age, maybe 19? NHL or CHL. (some exceptions apply: Spezza)

Old
08-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
There's a deal between the CHL and the AHL that says a player must have played a certain number of games or be of a certain age before playing in the AHL (he can play in the NHL anytime). That deal exists to protect the CHL, by alowing them to retain good players longer.

Latendresse wasn't learning anything anymore in the Q (he was too physically mature and dominating compared to his peers), so after two seasons and two very good training camps the habs brass decided to bring him early - straight in the NHL. That's why he never played in the AHL.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 04:56 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
Both Avstin and Gionta are RW no ? If Avstin is ready for nhl , I think a spot on the tird line with Eller is perfect......He will play against others 3-4th line.

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cam-Plekanec-AK
Boyd/Pyatt-Eller-Avsin
Moen-Boyd/Pyatt-Lapierre
Darche

or

Ak-Gomez-Gionta
Cam-Plekanec-Avstin
Pouliot-Eller-Lapierre
Moen-Boyd-Pyatt
Darche
As I recall , Avstin likes to play off-wing ( la OV)

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 04:57 PM
stanley25

Quote:
Because you have to be atleast 20 yearsold if you were drafted in the chl and want to play in the ahl.

stanley25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Mue

Quote:
Thread explaining AHL Age and Eligibility Rules

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=403429

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 05:04 PM
CDNMarty

I appreciate the clarification. Thanks!

Old
08-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazz Wagon View Post
He played a full OHL season in between...
Two full seasons at 18 and 19 actually.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 05:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
That only applies to players drafted FROM THE CHL. Those players cannot go play AHL at 18 or 19. Players drafted from non CHL leagues(KHL USHL NCAA Euro leagues etc) can play AHL at 18 or 19...like AK, Kalinin, Voynov, Filatov, Carlson etc

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 05:59 PM
FeelsLike93

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cam-Plekanec-AK
Boyd/Pyatt-Eller-Avsin
Moen-Boyd/Pyatt-Lapierre
Darche

I think these are perfect lines if Avtsin was to play with the Habs. I don't think putting Pouliot on the 3rd line is the best idea because it would lower his confidence and he needs confidence to perform to his highest potential. Putting Eller-Avtsin together with Pyatt would be an unreal 3rd line imo because you got 2 good skilled players on the 3rd line playing with an awesome hustler/defensive player. And then on the 4th have Moen Boyd Lapierre, the bottom 6 would be fantastic

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cam-Plekanec-AK
Boyd/Pyatt-Eller-Avsin
Moen-Boyd/Pyatt-Lapierre
Darche

I think these are perfect lines if Avtsin was to play with the Habs. I don't think putting Pouliot on the 3rd line is the best idea because it would lower his confidence and he needs confidence to perform to his highest potential. Putting Eller-Avtsin together with Pyatt would be an unreal 3rd line imo because you got 2 good skilled players on the 3rd line playing with an awesome hustler/defensive player. And then on the 4th have Moen Boyd Lapierre, the bottom 6 would be fantastic
The problem with your lines is that the 3rd line you propose is terribly young, too young imo. That's one of the reasons why i want Avstyn with Cammy, he's one of our best players to motivate others and he talks a lot on the bench, you can see that Avstyn, compared to Kostitsyn, is a very aware person and seems like a bright kid that can take advise and apply it.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 07:40 PM
le_sean

He's not going to make the team. **** this kid is getting way too much hype. I can't wait to see everyone jump off a bridge when he starts to struggle.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 08:01 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
He's not going to make the team. **** this kid is getting way too much hype. I can't wait to see everyone jump off a bridge when he starts to struggle.
he really isn't
maybe on hfboards but outside of that, not many people know about him that much.

If he could be a 20 goal scorer i would be stoked-not to say i don't think he can be better but considering where he was drafted, that would be great

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 08:07 PM
FeelsLike93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
The problem with your lines is that the 3rd line you propose is terribly young, too young imo. That's one of the reasons why i want Avstyn with Cammy, he's one of our best players to motivate others and he talks a lot on the bench, you can see that Avstyn, compared to Kostitsyn, is a very aware person and seems like a bright kid that can take advise and apply it.
Yeah I get what your saying youkre right but our whole bottom 6 is particularly young I mean unless you plug Darche in. Our most experienced
Player is Moen but what can you do? PG seems to be going with a faster grittier and younger bottom 6, no matter what
Lines you make either the 3rd of 4th will be young/inexperienced and its certainly no better if you plug Pouliot and Kostitsyn
On the 3rd line because they both may be skilled but aren't consistent enough or good have strong enough character to mentor the other players.

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
You mean when he plays his first AHL game and doesn't score 5 goals ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

I hope he gets a shot at playing because he has great potential especially that he was drafted late . I really think that he can contribute alot more then most of our Hamilton prospects right now .

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote