HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avtsin signed

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-17-2010, 10:56 AM
  #126
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
this guy could be a 60/70 goal scorer in the nhl
3 goals in 30 games is a good indicator of that imo

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 11:05 AM
  #127
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,472
vCash: 500

You might also want to suggest one of the Ivan Vishnevskiys.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 11:27 AM
  #128
shamrun
Registered User
 
shamrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
3 goals in 30 games is a good indicator of that imo
i dont know why but its hard to score in that league, for a fourth liner playing little minutes he put up good numbers IMHO. But he is along shot from scoring 60 goals in nhl. Ib be happy with him going to the ahl and developing into a solid nhl player. He seems to want it real bad.

shamrun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 11:47 AM
  #129
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
i dont know why but its hard to score in that league, for a fourth liner playing little minutes he put up good numbers IMHO. But he is along shot from scoring 60 goals in nhl.
That was my point. Being stuck on the 4th line of a drop out league isn't exactly signs of a 60 goal scorer. The highest profile players in the KHL are at the end of their NHL careers. The fact that he's on the 4th line there tells you his place in development.


That being said, I'm looking forward to him coming to NA and getting adjusted to the game. I hope to see him in a Habs uniform, pop 20+ goals and crash the net in a year or two.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 12:25 PM
  #130
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,583
vCash: 500
If he can become a 2nd liner winger and get 40-50 points in the future I'd be thrilled.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 12:51 PM
  #131
3hirty6ix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
If he can become a 2nd liner winger and get 40-50 points in the future I'd be thrilled.
But then he would be considered a bust (see Andrei Kostitsyn).

3hirty6ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 12:55 PM
  #132
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hirty6ix View Post
But then he would be considered a bust (see Andrei Kostitsyn).
I hate how AK is a bust when he's one of our best goal scorers.

I'll be a bit a little disappointed deep down if Avtsin doesn't become Ovechkin, because of all the hype, and because of all the skill, but that's not to say that I won't be super happy if he ends up being a more consisten version of AK (25G-50P, but scores slower, but constantly)

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 01:02 PM
  #133
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund
 
Lars The GOAT Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,553
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I hate how AK is a bust when he's one of our best goal scorers.

I'll be a bit a little disappointed deep down if Avtsin doesn't become Ovechkin, because of all the hype, and because of all the skill, but that's not to say that I won't be super happy if he ends up being a more consisten version of AK (25G-50P, but scores slower, but constantly)
THIS, how a 2nd liner is a bust is beyond me..

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 01:08 PM
  #134
Fire Brunet*
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: .-.
Posts: 5,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard4u2win View Post
THIS, how a 2nd liner is a bust is beyond me..
if his name was André Constantin he wouldnt be considered a bust by most of the people considering him a bust

when giving 100% he is a beast, remember the time before he was injured...
and even if he doesnt give 100% he still scores 20 to 25 goals per season which is not bust

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 01:14 PM
  #135
Locks
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
That was my point. Being stuck on the 4th line of a drop out league isn't exactly signs of a 60 goal scorer. The highest profile players in the KHL are at the end of their NHL careers. The fact that he's on the 4th line there tells you his place in development.
While the 60 goal suggestion might not even be worthy of a discussion, the fact that he's on the 4th line should tell you very little of where he is in his development. Dynamo was one of the most stacked teams in the KHL, built to win now. Omark and Hariu were key member for team Sweden at WC and are joining Edmonton and Tampa for this season. Weinhandl is a top 5 scorer in the KHL and member of the Sweden Olimpic team. Hudler had just won the Stanley cup before signing there. Leo Komarov plays for team Finland internationally, and he was mostly a third-line player for Dynamo. And Pavel Valentenko, at 23, just could not crack that lineup - he played 7 games and avaraged BGL-like 6 mins. a game. Avtsin would have gotten more ice time on most other teams in that league.
And his situation is somewhat remenicent of Ribeiro in 2002-03 when he was stuck on the fourth line behind Koivu, Gilmour and Perrault. He following season Ribs ended on top of the habs scoring, underlining the fact that his fourth line duty in 02-03 was not an indication of where he was in his development but rather a reality of having a higher paid veteran tallent on the team.
What I am saying here is that we really have no idea where Avtsin is in his development right now. It is nearly impossible to evaluate an offensive player based on his stats when he played 7-8 min on the fourth line and did not play against his peers at WJC.
But we should get a better idea as soon as september provided he is fully healthy by then.


Last edited by Locks: 07-17-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: error
Locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 01:14 PM
  #136
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosss View Post
if his name was André Constantin he wouldnt be considered a bust by most of the people considering him a bust

when giving 100% he is a beast, remember the time before he was injured...
and even if he doesnt give 100% he still scores 20 to 25 goals per season which is not bust
They call him a bust because he's a floater, but to be 25 goals is 25 goals if you score them at an even pace, or in bunches.

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 01:40 PM
  #137
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
While the 60 goal suggestion might not even be worthy of a discussion, the fact that he's on the 4th line should tell you very little of where he is in his development. Dynamo was one of the most stacked teams in the KHL, built to win now.

Omark
Hariu
Weinhandl
Hudler
Leo Komarov
You proved my point. All of the above players are ahead of him in their depth chart. These players aren't exactly contenders to be NHL All Stars this year. Playing for a national team doesn't mean jack **** in the NHL. Omark and Hariu are just cracking the NHL and he was beneath them. That is where his development is.

That is very far from 60 goals imo.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 02:02 PM
  #138
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
You proved my point. All of the above players are ahead of him in their depth chart. These players aren't exactly contenders to be NHL All Stars this year. Playing for a national team doesn't mean jack **** in the NHL. Omark and Hariu are just cracking the NHL and he was beneath them. That is where his development is.

That is very far from 60 goals imo.
He's also 18.

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 02:25 PM
  #139
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1
 
HarlemsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
AK should be induced into a coma. then woken up, and told it's october so he can get a move on his 30 game warm up period. that way, by real october, he should be able to score the season opening goal and more (because he thinks it's december). that will give him enough time to get injured and then have another 25 game warm up period. at least we'd be one step ahead of his cycle. just wait for those playoffs baby.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 02:45 PM
  #140
Locks
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
You proved my point. All of the above players are ahead of him in their depth chart. These players aren't exactly contenders to be NHL All Stars this year. Playing for a national team doesn't mean jack **** in the NHL. Omark and Hariu are just cracking the NHL and he was beneath them. That is where his development is.

That is very far from 60 goals imo.
I think I explained why they are ahead of him on the roster - they are highly paid national team level player vs 18 year old rookie on an entry level contract. We have no idea where he would've been on that roster based on his skill level at that time - he never got the opportunity they got. And whether playing on the national team means something to the NHL is beyond the point - we are not talking about their potential as NHL players here, it is how they are regarded, and paid, by Dynamo as national team level players as opposed to an 18 year old rookie who played Jr the year before.

Locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 04:48 PM
  #141
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I hate how AK is a bust when he's one of our best goal scorers.

I'll be a bit a little disappointed deep down if Avtsin doesn't become Ovechkin, because of all the hype, and because of all the skill, but that's not to say that I won't be super happy if he ends up being a more consisten version of AK (25G-50P, but scores slower, but constantly)
Am I in the twilight zone? You'll be a little disappointed if Avtsin doesn't become Ovechkin? I don't even know what to say to that.

Do some people really have no ability to make decisions for themselves lol? No offence dude but I hope for your sake you're not oblivious in real life.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 04:53 PM
  #142
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
You might also want to suggest one of the Ivan Vishnevskiys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Number 18!
I manually went through all the teams in the AHL site.
I might have missed some but not the ones you mentioned.
No, no, the OTHER Ivan Vishnevskiy. Oh never mind, he was at number 4.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 05:11 PM
  #143
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
They call him a bust because he's a floater, but to be 25 goals is 25 goals if you score them at an even pace, or in bunches.
I'm pretty sure people call him a bust out of disappointment that he didn't turn out better than the players drafted below him in the first round.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 05:36 PM
  #144
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
I think I explained why they are ahead of him on the roster -
Your explanation is irrelevant. They were simply better than him at the time. If he had miles more talent / productivity than them, do you think a coach that is paid to win in a for profit league would purposely play ****tier players?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 06:25 PM
  #145
Ubercron9000
Registered User
 
Ubercron9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Your explanation is irrelevant. They were simply better than him at the time. If he had miles more talent / productivity than them, do you think a coach that is paid to win in a for profit league would purposely play ****tier players?
You are short sighted. He got injured! He would have probably been put on the 3rd line if he continued to impress. Its like saying Versteeg sucks because he couldn't crack chicago's top 6 *facepalm*.

Ubercron9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 11:22 PM
  #146
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I'm pretty sure people call him a bust out of disappointment that he didn't turn out better than the players drafted below him in the first round.
As it stands right now, I think it's either Ovechkin or bust (at least to a lot of people).

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 11:24 PM
  #147
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Am I in the twilight zone? You'll be a little disappointed if Avtsin doesn't become Ovechkin? I don't even know what to say to that.

Do some people really have no ability to make decisions for themselves lol? No offence dude but I hope for your sake you're not oblivious in real life.
Or we can take time to read posts. I'll be a little disappointed if he doesn't live up to all the hype, because we've never really had an offensive prospect (in the recent future) who's put up insane numbers like he has. I'll still be happy if he can match AK's point total. Hell, he's a 4th rounder, if he doesn't make the league it's no biggie.

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 12:44 AM
  #148
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Or we can take time to read posts. I'll be a little disappointed if he doesn't live up to all the hype, because we've never really had an offensive prospect (in the recent future) who's put up insane numbers like he has. I'll still be happy if he can match AK's point total. Hell, he's a 4th rounder, if he doesn't make the league it's no biggie.
Bringing up Ovechkin in the Avtsin conversation is a little nuts if you ask me no matter what the hype is

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 01:04 AM
  #149
Riggins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Or we can take time to read posts. I'll be a little disappointed if he doesn't live up to all the hype, because we've never really had an offensive prospect (in the recent future) who's put up insane numbers like he has. I'll still be happy if he can match AK's point total. Hell, he's a 4th rounder, if he doesn't make the league it's no biggie.
Insane numbers? What on earth are you talking about, his 08/09 season in tier 3 in Russia, even below the MHL?

It will be a big success if Avtsin turns into a solid 50 point player. Calm the hype for crying out loud. How Ovechkin's name is being brought up is nothing short of insanity.

Riggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 02:31 AM
  #150
Destoker
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Tell me when was the last time we had a prospect with a right handed shot, 6 deuce frame with an above average skating who likes to dangle,crash the net and have a sick wristler??

Add the fact he's a russian who dreams of making the nhl... sounds like a hell of a prospect ! No wonder where all the hype comes from...

Destoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.