HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tor-Phi-Bos

Old
07-17-2010, 12:02 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico4ever View Post
He certainly isn't the sexy pick. As for Turco, he is horrible. Good luck with him, you might just be better with Leighton and Boucher, or Alex freaking Auld or something.
Rather have Turco at $2.00m than Leighton at $1.55m.

Rather have Turco at $2.00m than Thomas at $5.00m.

Rather have Turco at $2.00m than Vokoun at $5.70m.

You get the idea. You have to balance talent with cap hit.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 07:45 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico4ever View Post
Uh.. doesn't that mean that a better goalie would look amazing then, and wouldn't you want such a goalie? I know you guys don't want Thomas at $5 million, but if you got rid of Briere or something it could only make your team better to have a good strong mobile D corp with a goalie like Thomas. Personally, I think we trade him mid-season, for a halfway decent return, unless the unspeakable happens and Rask gets hurt.
I was all for trading Briere because I hated that cap hit, but the guy thrives in the playoffs and that is exactly what we need at this juncture. A better goalie would look great behind our D, but we also wouldn't need him to be that much better. If the focus is on having an amazing defense, the necessity of a top-tier goalie is diminished. Why pay a goalie that much money if his job is made easier by his defense?

The problem is when you make Leighton look good by protecting him. The Flyers don't need a Thomas or a Vokoun, but they definitely need someone better than Michael Freakin' Leighton.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote