HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston-Ottawa

Old
07-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Dougie Seguin
2011 Cup Champs

vCash: 500
Boston-Ottawa

According to Eklund Ottawa is interested in both Savard and Thomas. So maybe we could ship them both to Ottawa for Spezza and a mid prospect or a 3rd or 4th Pick or Maybe we could ship them for a D Prospect and another piece maybe Leclaire.

Offer 1:
To Boston:
Jason Spezza, C (7 Million a year for the next 5 years)
Mark Borowiecki, D (Prospect)

To Ottawa:
Marc Savard, C (4 Million for the next 7 years)
Tim Thomas, G (5 Million for the next 3 years)

Offer 2:
To Boston:
Jared Cowen, D (1.295 Million for the next 2 years) Top 2 Prospect
Pascal Leclaire, G (3.8 Million for the next year)

Would any of these work?

Dougie Seguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:04 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
at this point why would Ottawa take in more salary after giving Spezza a $4m bonus? No thanks. I'll be happier with Spezza and Leclaire.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:05 PM
PJ StockBB

not for ottawa they dont.

and we dont need spezza

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Derian Hatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrads3 View Post
According to Eklund Ottawa is interested in both Savard and Thomas. So maybe we could ship them both to Ottawa for Spezza and a mid prospect or a 3rd or 4th Pick or Maybe we could ship them for a D Prospect and another piece maybe Leclaire.

Offer 1:
To Boston:

To Ottawa:

Offer 2:
To Boston:

Would any of these work?
I don't know if Ottawa is ready to deal Cowen , he is the only big defencemen we have coming up. Especially since it seems as though he had a great rookie camp. Also I don't see Brian Murray being all that interested in taking on Tim Thomas and his massive salary.

Derian Hatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:10 PM
denkiteki

Quote:

Offer 1:
To Boston:

To Ottawa:

Offer 2:
To Boston:

Would any of these work?
Offer #1, Spezza is probably worth more due to how good he can and has been. He's still in the prime of his career. That said, he's NOT the type of return Boston needs for Savard... if they are trading him, its not for a more expensive center but rather someone playing another position (namely D).

Offer 2... The Sens need massive salary dump after this deal... say at least 3m dump. Value wise, this is closer than offer 1.

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:12 PM
SpezDispenser

The Spezza proposals can stop now. One of the major cogs in the attack the Sens will have will be Spezza being fed up ice by Gonchar.

IMO Gonchar has made Spezza untouchable for at least this upcoming year - and probably for the duration of his contract.

It's intriguing, don't get me wrong, the OP's proposal isn't pure BS with Savard and Thomas coming to the Sens, it's just that I'm sure 99% of people in Ottawa would prefer to see what Spezza will do with Gonchar.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Leave Spezza Alone
melnyk pls

vCash: 50
1. No way Ottawa trades their number one center, Spezza.
2. No way Ottawa trades their number one prospect, Cowen.

I could see a Leclaire for Thomas deal, but no way do we trade Spezza and only get Savard.

Leave Spezza Alone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Mach 9*

No for both.

He is being dealt for cap space, not good assets.

More than likely, a first and Lee/campoli and Foligno

Mach 9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:22 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Foligno/1st
LeClaire
Kuba

For

Savard
Thomas

Boston said they will be welcoming a "Soft" deal for Savard and Thomas is not even needed any more by them and is a huge waste of salary cap especially since they have Rask.

Is that a little too much? Little?

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Serpico4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Foligno/1st
LeClaire
Kuba

For

Savard
Thomas

Boston said they will be welcoming a "Soft" deal for Savard and Thomas is not even needed any more by them and is a huge waste of salary cap especially since they have Rask.

Little. Thomas' trade value will go up marginally by the trade deadline as he'll obstensibly only have a couple years left and there will be some team floundering around with a crappy G tandem. Savard is far from a cap dump, we have other guys for that without NTC's. Also, its been said a million times but the B's have options and don't need to trade Savard, which would suit me fine.

I'm not a Spezza fan even at less than his contract so I wouldn't do the OP's first trade either. The second trade is fine, if there's a couple of picks coming back from Ottawa. There team would significantly be enhanced, so its not a bad trade off.

Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 04:01 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Foligno/1st
LeClaire
Kuba

For

Savard
Thomas

i promise you they won't trade savard for a soft deal. i know it was rumored by a reliable source but it simply wont happen so you can forget about it. thomas can be traded for such a deal, but not savard.

if thats what it comes to with savard they will just have to deal with having one of the top 3 play makers in the league at a 4 million dollar cap hit................i know i know, sounds terrible.

Old
07-15-2010, 04:31 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
i promise you they won't trade savard for a soft deal. i know it was rumored by a reliable source but it simply wont happen so you can forget about it. thomas can be traded for such a deal, but not savard.

if thats what it comes to with savard they will just have to deal with having one of the top 3 play makers in the league at a 4 million dollar cap hit................i know i know, sounds terrible.
Except any owner that takes on Savard will actually be paying him 7 million dollars per year in real money till like he is 40. And that is besides his head injury issues combined with his age.

Consider this, when Spezza's current long term deal expires he will still be younger than Savard is now.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 04:35 PM
StanJonathan*

Who is Mark Borowiecki ?

StanJonathan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 05:08 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
Except any owner that takes on Savard will actually be paying him 7 million dollars per year in real money till like he is 40. And that is besides his head injury issues combined with his age.

Consider this, when Spezza's current long term deal expires he will still be younger than Savard is now.
7 million until he is 40, thats wrong. the first two years he get 7 milion, the next 6.5 after that 5. then his NTC lifts and he gets 1.5, .5 and .5 to close out the contract. so really his contract is not nearly as bad as most make it out to be. not to mention this was his first concussion in like six years or something.

like i said, a top 3 play maker in the league at 4 million a season cap hit, fine by me.

Old
07-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Afro Thunder*

There has to be a 3rd team with cap space for these 2 teams to make a trade since they are both really tight against the cap space.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Mach 9*

Quote:
7 million until he is 40, thats wrong. the first two years he get 7 milion, the next 6.5 after that 5. then his NTC lifts and he gets 1.5, .5 and .5 to close out the contract. so really his contract is not nearly as bad as most make it out to be. not to mention this was his first concussion in like six years or something.

like i said, a top 3 play maker in the league at 4 million a season cap hit, fine by me.
Id Take Spezza over Savard, and JT and Crosby are the top 2 playmakers.

Mach 9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:06 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Alan View Post
Id Take Spezza over Savard, and JT and Crosby are the top 2 playmakers.
well your a senators fan so you would take spezza, i take savard as far as play making goes. not saying he is a better all around player, but he is a better play maker imo.

Old
07-15-2010, 07:30 PM
TMONT

Quote:
well your a senators fan so you would take spezza, i take savard as far as play making goes. not saying he is a better all around player, but he is a better play maker imo.
I know it's only your opinion, but it's definitely arguable. I know Savard as known primarily as a play maker but so is Spezza. The average point production is similar, and Spezza is much younger and has had no major injuries. To say you would prefer Savard at their current cap hits is one thing, but to say you would still take Savard if Spezza's cap hit was lower is very bias. I know it's your opinion, but it's not one shared by the rest of the league and its fans.

As an additional note, aside from Spezza, I would also prefer the list of the following playmaking centres over Savard:

-Crosby
-Toews
-N.Backstrom
-H.Sedin
-Kopitar
-Thorton

to name a few... (top 3 is a stretch by any biased opinion)

TMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 07:33 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:

Offer 1:
To Boston:

To Ottawa:

Offer 2:
To Boston:

Would any of these work?
I stopped reading after the bolded part.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 07:34 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMONT View Post
I know it's only your opinion, but it's definitely arguable. I know Savard as known primarily as a play maker but so is Spezza. The average point production is similar, and Spezza is much younger and has had no major injuries. To say you would prefer Savard at their current cap hits is one thing, but to say you would still take Savard if Spezza's cap hit was lower is very bias. I know it's your opinion, but it's not one shared by the rest of the league and its fans.

As an additional note, aside from Spezza, I would also prefer the list of the following playmaking centres over Savard:

-Crosby
-Toews
-N.Backstrom
-H.Sedin
-Kopitar
-Thorton

to name a few... (top 3 is a stretch by any biased opinion)
i know it is all opinion, but i stand by that play making alone, he is a top 3, especially considering the wingers he has played with in Boston. he had one year with Kessel when he was elite, but every year besides this past because of injuries he put up big numbers with average wingers in Boston.

i know he also had kovalchuk in atlanta, and look what he did there. not saying overall player, i would take all the guys you listed over him as a complete player. just saying play making i stand by top 3.

Old
07-15-2010, 07:43 PM
kyle747

Savard is a great player...but he's had so many concussions. I think a lot of GM's are going to be very hesitant about that combined with his long term contract.

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 07:45 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:

Offer 1:
To Boston:

To Ottawa:

Offer 2:
To Boston:

Would any of these work?
eklund is gay E5

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 07:52 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
eklund is gay E5

I snickered.

The Waffler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 08:12 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Savard has positive value and Thomas has negative value. Their respective values cancel each other

If Ottawa acquires them both, they'd give up nothing of value (ie. Leclaire, Shannon, Kelly, etc).

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 08:22 PM
KrugLife
Registered Champion

Quote:
According to Eklund

/ thread

KrugLife is offline   Reply With Quote