HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I get a very very bad feeling about this...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-08-2010, 09:16 AM
  #101
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyPanther85 View Post
I'm not a big fan of the new jerseys either but not because it "copies" a particular team. But rather because the jersey is supposed to be a symbol of who the Panthers are as a franchise which seems to have been lost over the past ten years. I remember someone posting the Florida flag on one of the forums that discussed this topic (it might've even been this one I'd have to look back), but when you compare the jersey to the flag you see the influence the flag had in making that original jerseys. Personally, I think those colors truly represent the Panthers as a Florida hockey team. These new monochromatic blue jerseys just don't have the same kind of symbolism that one should expect of a team seeking an identity.
It IS a representation of what the Panthers currently are.

It's ugly, the two blues....we're more blue than the St.Louis Blues. Sucks, went from one of the most colorful awesome jerseys(why isn't it spelled jersies?) in the history of sports to the most bland next to all the solid two-colored vintage/no logo NFL schemes.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 10:13 AM
  #102
panthersfan751
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyPanther85 View Post
I'm not a big fan of the new jerseys either but not because it "copies" a particular team. But rather because the jersey is supposed to be a symbol of who the Panthers are as a franchise which seems to have been lost over the past ten years. I remember someone posting the Florida flag on one of the forums that discussed this topic (it might've even been this one I'd have to look back), but when you compare the jersey to the flag you see the influence the flag had in making that original jerseys. Personally, I think those colors truly represent the Panthers as a Florida hockey team. These new monochromatic blue jerseys just don't have the same kind of symbolism that one should expect of a team seeking an identity.
+1

The new baby blue was never a team color, it's a ripoff of other jerseys, it ignores our history, and it looks weak and not at all intimidating.

The organization needs to bring back the red jerseys.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:19 AM
  #103
pb1300
#CatsAreComing
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,502
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Alternate jerseys do not have to represent teams pasts, their history, or colors. The concept, IMO, is to be different from what the home and away jerseys are. Going by how similar a lot of alternates are, Im thinking the league has a certain amount of templates teams can go by, which could possibly limit teams creativity. Regardless, I like the new home jerseys, and from my understanding, they have received a more positive review, than negative, so that is why they will be our new homes. The reds will be back as our alternatives, as per everyone from Bill Torrey to GR, so I wouldnt get that upset.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 02:00 PM
  #104
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,184
vCash: 540
first of all, this is a matter of taste and taste is subjective. as a musician (though this applies across the board), i'll repeat a phrase i've heard uttered quite often: "you'll never go broke underestimating the taste of the american public". you could probably replace american with whatever (except maybe french ). twist that however you wish but i'm ok with them, even if they are a ripoff.

point? this thread (above and beyond all others) is sorta pointless. i do tho agree with pb above. they don't have to represent anything.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 04:11 PM
  #105
Southern Hockey
Registered User
 
Southern Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Does anyone have a link or pic? Im a bit confused as to which jerseys are becoming our 1st/2nd, and which is becoming the 3rd.

Can someone clear this up for me?

Southern Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 04:23 PM
  #106
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Hockey View Post
Does anyone have a link or pic? Im a bit confused as to which jerseys are becoming our 1st/2nd, and which is becoming the 3rd.

Can someone clear this up for me?
It's still up in the air, but they're looking at making our 3rds the main, but with the original logo and not the circle deal. Take it for what it's worth, but I have it on good authority that Tallon does not like the 3rd logo, at all. I agree with him!

__________________
Future now!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 06:03 PM
  #107
Southern Hockey
Registered User
 
Southern Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Can someone perhaps provide a link to the article from which this rumor came?

Southern Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 03:12 AM
  #108
Gudbranson44
#44
 
Gudbranson44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Hockey View Post
Can someone perhaps provide a link to the article from which this rumor came?
for everyone who keeps asking for a link.. its on page two in this thread, you lazy bunch

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...oing-blue.html

there i made it easy for you

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 06:48 AM
  #109
Sunshinehockey
 
Sunshinehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Well, maybe this will make our panthers some money for a shorter period of time... But in the long run i know this will only come back to hunt us. Some kids will get a new BLUE panthers jersey, way to go marketing staff. They are saying that we need to reconnect with our past, building a panthers museum, panthers den etc... But while they are doing this, wich is great, they are planning to change the whole look and feeling of the team.

Money cannot buy the spirit of the team, but it surely can destroy it.

Quote:
You are not gaining any new fans...just alienating the few remaining (and dwindling) hardcore fans.
THIS is the truth. Ive been a fan since i was 8years old... 8 years, i got my first panthers jersey that year... and i remember i framed it and hang it on the wall next to my panthers puck and some special hockey cards... Special moment in a kids life. Listen to the real fans that care, its feelings attached to this topic, at least it is for me.



This...



Or this....


Last edited by Sunshinehockey: 11-10-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Sunshinehockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 07:20 AM
  #110
pb1300
#CatsAreComing
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,502
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinehockey View Post
Well, maybe this will make our panthers some money for a shorter period of time... But in the long run i know this will only come back to hunt us. Some kids will get a new BLUE panthers jersey, way to go marketing staff. They are saying that we need to reconnect with our past, building a panthers museum, panthers den etc... But while they are doing this, wich is great, they are planning to change the whole look and feeling of the team.

Money cannot buy the spirit of the team, but it surely can destroy it.



THIS is the truth. Ive been a fan since i was 8years old... 8 years, i got my first panthers jersey that year... and i remember i framed it and hang it on the wall next to my panthers puck and some special hockey cards... Special moment in a kids life. Listen to the real fans that care, its feelings attached to this topic, at least it is for me.



This...



Or this....
THEY ARE ALTERNATE JERSEYS!!! What dont you understand about that? Or what dont you understand about the fact that the reds will return? They are going to get rid of the dark blue jersey, and go with the baby blue, white, and red. Alternates do not have meanings for most teams, they are just different.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 09:41 AM
  #111
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
THEY ARE ALTERNATE JERSEYS!!! What dont you understand about that? Or what dont you understand about the fact that the reds will return? They are going to get rid of the dark blue jersey, and go with the baby blue, white, and red. Alternates do not have meanings for most teams, they are just different.
The issue is, the intensity they are pushing the blue...with all my season tickets, with the "blue out" etc. It looks silly..

I wish they went more retro for the 3rd jersey....

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 11:08 AM
  #112
Sunshinehockey
 
Sunshinehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
THEY ARE ALTERNATE JERSEYS!!! What dont you understand about that? Or what dont you understand about the fact that the reds will return? They are going to get rid of the dark blue jersey, and go with the baby blue, white, and red. Alternates do not have meanings for most teams, they are just different.
Hey, no need to scream and shout.

Listen, they are alternate for the moment, but many guys in here, including myself are a little afraid that they might become our regular jerseys, because of all the rumours that they might. Thats what this thread is about.

Sunshinehockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 11:19 AM
  #113
Sunshinehockey
 
Sunshinehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
The issue is, the intensity they are pushing the blue...with all my season tickets, with the "blue out" etc. It looks silly..

I wish they went more retro for the 3rd jersey....
'

Me to, but the indications from the start did not point in that direction so i hoped for the second best, a even tougher and more competitive jersey.

I remember when they first announced they were coming up with the alternates... They had this "walk alone in the dark" stuff on the homepage, with sneakpeaks of the new jersey etc...

I thought they had come up with some really sinister dark ****, with a panther claw or an even more angry pantherhead or something... But then they went with this babyblue stuff wich is maybe the least frightning color on earth.

Sunshinehockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 01:34 PM
  #114
panthersfan751
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinehockey View Post
Well, maybe this will make our panthers some money for a shorter period of time... But in the long run i know this will only come back to hunt us. Some kids will get a new BLUE panthers jersey, way to go marketing staff. They are saying that we need to reconnect with our past, building a panthers museum, panthers den etc... But while they are doing this, wich is great, they are planning to change the whole look and feeling of the team.

Money cannot buy the spirit of the team, but it surely can destroy it.
So true. This whole 3rd jersey and redesign has become a joke and just another lame attempt to get more support for this team. A lot of it comes back to the marketing staff. They're extremely foolish if they think they will raise the organization's profile by redesigning colors and logos. They've tried to remake their image with new colors like baby blue and a new logo while if they understood the fanbase at all, they'd first figure out that if they want ANY new fan support and to keep what fans remain, the first priority is winning. They should also have realized that as was said earlier, the only thing they're doing is alienating fans who grew up with the red jerseys.

The whole process was botched from the start.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 02:10 PM
  #115
pb1300
#CatsAreComing
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,502
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
So true. This whole 3rd jersey and redesign has become a joke and just another lame attempt to get more support for this team. A lot of it comes back to the marketing staff. They're extremely foolish if they think they will raise the organization's profile by redesigning colors and logos. They've tried to remake their image with new colors like baby blue and a new logo while if they understood the fanbase at all, they'd first figure out that if they want ANY new fan support and to keep what fans remain, the first priority is winning. They should also have realized that as was said earlier, the only thing they're doing is alienating fans who grew up with the red jerseys.

The whole process was botched from the start.
How do you know they are alienating the fans? How does anyone know anything about what goes on in the organization? Maybe the overall judgment of the baby blues are positive. Has anyone ever thought that? A handful of people on a board that do not like the jerseys, does NOT speak for the fans. Going by how many baby blues I see in the stands, the reaction seems to be more positive than negative. The people in the organization make some idiotic mistakes sometimes, but they still run a multi-million dollar corporation. I would think that some type of fan interaction was done before they decided to be more blue this season.

Regardless, these, for the moment, are alternate jerseys. They have three jerseys at the moment. From what has been typed/said so far, they want to keep the whites as they are, revamp the baby blues a little, and bring back the red ones. I dont understand why some are so upset about a current alternate jersey. Like I said earlier, there is NO rule that says alternates have to showcase a teams history.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 02:17 PM
  #116
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,184
vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
So true. This whole 3rd jersey and redesign has become a joke and just another lame attempt to get more support for this team. A lot of it comes back to the marketing staff. They're extremely foolish if they think they will raise the organization's profile by redesigning colors and logos. They've tried to remake their image with new colors like baby blue and a new logo while if they understood the fanbase at all, they'd first figure out that if they want ANY new fan support and to keep what fans remain, the first priority is winning. They should also have realized that as was said earlier, the only thing they're doing is alienating fans who grew up with the red jerseys.

The whole process was botched from the start.
what are you smoking man?

whether you agree with the design or not, they're simply trying to spice things up a bit. sheez. any time or effort spent on the jerseys isn't time taken away from building a winner.

also, based on the number of people i see wearing the new jerseys, the fanbase seems to be ok with them. so don't presume to speak for the fanbase because it seems to me that you don't.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 02:37 PM
  #117
EmersonBeatemEtem
Watcha gonna do!!!!
 
EmersonBeatemEtem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hollywood, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
I really hope that the 3rds become the primaries. But what I'm really hoping for is that they make a white version of the 3rd as the away jersey like what the Flyers and Islanders recently did with theirs. I'd like to see the dysmorphic panther and the red/blue/yellow color scheme phased out altogether.

EmersonBeatemEtem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 02:57 PM
  #118
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marillion-fan View Post
I really hope that the 3rds become the primaries. But what I'm really hoping for is that they make a white version of the 3rd as the away jersey like what the Flyers and Islanders recently did with theirs. I'd like to see the dysmorphic panther and the red/blue/yellow color scheme phased out altogether.
Panther primary logo is awesome, I realize some don't like it, but that 3rd logo thing is incredibly lame, imo.

I hate the Flyers jerseys, tbh. Their whites look like their road workers.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 04:40 PM
  #119
Lampshade85
Registered User
 
Lampshade85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
THEY ARE ALTERNATE JERSEYS!!! What dont you understand about that? Or what dont you understand about the fact that the reds will return? They are going to get rid of the dark blue jersey, and go with the baby blue, white, and red. Alternates do not have meanings for most teams, they are just different.
No need to freak out...peace and tranquility be upon you.

Anyways, I think alot of the concern comes from the fact that every home game (at least as far as I've seen) they've been using the alternates, and there hasn't been a whole lot of noticeable (sp?) evidence that they're bringing back the red jerseys just alot of speculation and rumors. When I made my original comment about why I didn't like the alternates it was the fact that they'd been using them as home jerseys and I was simply stating why I disagreed with doing that and when you look at all of their advertising and their main website people can't help but think that those jerseys are going to be the new home jerseys. Alternates may not have to mean anything but the home and the away jersey should.

Lampshade85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 05:29 PM
  #120
Bystander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
So true. This whole 3rd jersey and redesign has become a joke and just another lame attempt to get more support for this team. A lot of it comes back to the marketing staff. They're extremely foolish if they think they will raise the organization's profile by redesigning colors and logos. They've tried to remake their image with new colors like baby blue and a new logo while if they understood the fanbase at all, they'd first figure out that if they want ANY new fan support and to keep what fans remain, the first priority is winning. They should also have realized that as was said earlier, the only thing they're doing is alienating fans who grew up with the red jerseys.

The whole process was botched from the start.
Pure genius. Until then I say they do absolutely nothing on the marketing side.

Bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 05:29 PM
  #121
Sunshinehockey
 
Sunshinehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
How do you know they are alienating the fans? How does anyone know anything about what goes on in the organization? Maybe the overall judgment of the baby blues are positive. Has anyone ever thought that? A handful of people on a board that do not like the jerseys, does NOT speak for the fans. Going by how many baby blues I see in the stands, the reaction seems to be more positive than negative. The people in the organization make some idiotic mistakes sometimes, but they still run a multi-million dollar corporation. I would think that some type of fan interaction was done before they decided to be more blue this season.

Regardless, these, for the moment, are alternate jerseys. They have three jerseys at the moment. From what has been typed/said so far, they want to keep the whites as they are, revamp the baby blues a little, and bring back the red ones. I dont understand why some are so upset about a current alternate jersey. Like I said earlier, there is NO rule that says alternates have to showcase a teams history.
Im not out to speek the voice of the fans, but i will for sure speek my own voice, as do you.

YEAH sure people will buy them, people will buy everything they are told to buy... Thats what commercials and marketig are for. And since theese jerseys are pushed to the insane its no wonder that some people will buy them. But still, alot of people are walking around in the old vintage jerseys as well. I dont think whats todays fashion should decide wich jersey we should use...

Hockey jerseys should have a meaning to em, and since we arent the oldest franchise out there its just insane to talk about changing a jersey design and logo that are this young.

What will become of us? Haha, im not sure if im about to laugh or cry. But our logo was once the symbol of the Eastern conference champs and stanley cup finalist, this, in only three years of existence. I was a fan back then too, and maybe thats why all this is hard for guys like me to take.

But, i would like for you to tell me whats wrong with our past jerseys and logo? And WHY this new jet blue idea are so much better? And why you are in so much support of this idea.

Sunshinehockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 05:32 PM
  #122
Bystander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
How do you know they are alienating the fans? How does anyone know anything about what goes on in the organization? Maybe the overall judgment of the baby blues are positive. Has anyone ever thought that? A handful of people on a board that do not like the jerseys, does NOT speak for the fans. Going by how many baby blues I see in the stands, the reaction seems to be more positive than negative. The people in the organization make some idiotic mistakes sometimes, but they still run a multi-million dollar corporation. I would think that some type of fan interaction was done before they decided to be more blue this season.

Regardless, these, for the moment, are alternate jerseys. They have three jerseys at the moment. From what has been typed/said so far, they want to keep the whites as they are, revamp the baby blues a little, and bring back the red ones. I dont understand why some are so upset about a current alternate jersey. Like I said earlier, there is NO rule that says alternates have to showcase a teams history.
Now there's a thought... it also could possibly be (from what I have heard) the top selling Panthers jersey the since it was introduced. Shame "Panthers" fans don't like them...

Bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 05:36 PM
  #123
Sunshinehockey
 
Sunshinehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Quote:
I'd like to see the dysmorphic panther and the red/blue/yellow color scheme phased out altogether.
Show some pride i our history will ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO0_A...eature=recentf

Sunshinehockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.