HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger fan here...

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2010, 10:06 PM
CaptainCallahan*

vCash: 500
Ranger fan here...

Hey guys, I've always enjoyed watching the Lightning when they come to town, but unfortunately I only get to check them out a few times a year and I had a few questions.

Is Stamkos the real deal? He had one helluva second half to his rookie year, and then followed that up with an outstanding sophomore season with 51 goals and 95 points. What is the ceiling on this kid? Is he a bonafide star, or did he benefit from playing with the age defying wonder St. Louis? My friend said if he were a free agent right now, he would offer him an $8 million per season contract, do you think that is too much or accurate?

How was Hedman's rookie year, and what do you think his potential is?

And finally......I always tell the mass idiots of Ranger fans who want to trade for Lecavalier that he is a shell of his former self. I knew he had a major wrist and shoulder surgery, and his numbers have been in steady decline since his career year of 52 goals. Watching him on a nightly basis, what is your evaluation of him? Is it age or injuries that have lowered his point totals, and is there any chance he returns to his former elite form?

Old
07-15-2010, 11:24 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCallahan View Post
Is Stamkos the real deal? He had one helluva second half to his rookie year, and then followed that up with an outstanding sophomore season with 51 goals and 95 points. What is the ceiling on this kid? Is he a bonafide star, or did he benefit from playing with the age defying wonder St. Louis? My friend said if he were a free agent right now, he would offer him an $8 million per season contract, do you think that is too much or accurate?
Don't think he'll be a consistent 50 goal scorer, but I think he'll hit 40+ on a regular basis. Having St. Louis helps, but the kid has plenty of talent to be a star in the league. His ceiling is 60 goals, 120 points....don't think he'll reach that but that's what I would say his ceiling is as far as best season goes. If he were a UFA, yeah he'd get a huge payday.

Quote:
How was Hedman's rookie year, and what do you think his potential is?
Up and down, what was to be expected from an 18 year old making the trek over from Europe. His potential is a #1 defenseman.

Quote:
And finally......I always tell the mass idiots of Ranger fans who want to trade for Lecavalier that he is a shell of his former self. I knew he had a major wrist and shoulder surgery, and his numbers have been in steady decline since his career year of 52 goals. Watching him on a nightly basis, what is your evaluation of him? Is it age or injuries that have lowered his point totals, and is there any chance he returns to his former elite form?
It's more injuries than age that are a reason for his low point totals. Linemates are a bit of it, but at this point he shouldn't need an elite winger. Having Tanguay suck last year and a musical chairs game on the other wing didn't help tho. There's definitely a chance he returns to elite form, I'd put it at about 20% of him getting to 06-07 form. I think he'll be more comfortable with the new regime than the old one, but he needs to bring his best effort more. That's always been his problem.

Old
07-16-2010, 10:47 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Someone said it best and I have to credit boltprospects for it - Stamkos is the most NHL ready shot, all around, since Kovalchuk. His defensive awareness is fantastic, great speed, great shot. I think he'll touch 50 a few times in his career, but be more of a 45 goal guy that gives you great two way play as well.

Hedman was used rather poorly, then again I say that about all our defenders last year. Oh, and the year before. With a more open offense, you'll see Boucher use Hedman in the same way he used Subban in Hamilton. He will be all over the ice.

Vinny is Vinny... theres a lot of **** going on there like HF02 said.

Old
07-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Razzmatazz

Stamkos is the real deal, Hedman, like Bobsled said, was put in the wrong role, at least it helped Foster make his mark.

Vinny's problems are all psychological, I think. He's still great with the puck, still creates the same chances, but it's moments like these you have to shake your head

Closed Thread