HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

SJS-Toronto & Philly-Toronto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-16-2010, 09:40 AM
  #26
ThorntonFan19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
But they are trading for one year of Kaberle...Why is that so hard for Leaf fans to understand?

B..b...b..bbut he can sign an extension.
b...bbb....but Kaberle is going to be out of our price range.

seriously. We wont be able to afford north of 5 million.

ThorntonFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 09:42 AM
  #27
BruinsNeedaRussian
Registered User
 
BruinsNeedaRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,810
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorntonFan19 View Post
b...bbb....but Kaberle is going to be out of our price range.

seriously. We wont be able to afford north of 5 million.
Which is what he will want at the minimum. Leaf fans keep trying to sell the idea that he isn't a rental and won't be demanding any raise.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 09:45 AM
  #28
All Day*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Which is what he will want at the minimum. Leaf fans keep trying to sell the idea that he isn't a rental and won't be demanding any raise.
Of course he isn't a rental. He has a year left on his contract. Why are you selling the idea that he's a rental, unless the definition of a rental has changed since last year?

Who knows what he will be demanding. You are acting just like them except assuming that he will in fact demand a raise. Term can play a large role in determining his overall cap hit.

All Day* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 09:52 AM
  #29
BruinsNeedaRussian
Registered User
 
BruinsNeedaRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,810
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
Of course he isn't a rental. He has a year left on his contract. Why are you selling the idea that he's a rental, unless the definition of a rental has changed since last year?

Who knows what he will be demanding. You are acting just like them except assuming that he will in fact demand a raise. Term can play a large role in determining his overall cap hit.
He is a one year rental. That is it.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 09:54 AM
  #30
All Day*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
He is a one year rental. That is it.
Then Savard is a 7 year rental. What's your point?

A rental is a player that is an impending UFA that joins a team for the post-trade deadline regular season games and the playoffs.

All Day* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:05 AM
  #31
Rickety Cricket
Registered User
 
Rickety Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not Kent Huskins
Country: United States
Posts: 28,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuts View Post
first deal is very fair as seto is an rfa people, last time i checked a year of someone is worth more then zero years. both teams have expressed interest in the others assets as well.

Second deal couldnt be done as the leafs would be over the cap but value wise is decent. toronto needs top 6 forwards and philly needs to shed salary, im sure they'd rather ditch scotty over simon anyday too
Using that logic, would a Bobby Ryan for Tomas Kaberle trade be fair?

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:08 AM
  #32
TheLaughsWeKnow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
Using that logic, would a Bobby Ryan for Tomas Kaberle trade be fair?
You can't possibly think Marc Savard is as good as Bobby Ryan.

TheLaughsWeKnow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:11 AM
  #33
Rickety Cricket
Registered User
 
Rickety Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not Kent Huskins
Country: United States
Posts: 28,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barsam View Post
You can't possibly think Marc Savard is as good as Bobby Ryan.
How in the world did you get that out of my post lol?

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:13 AM
  #34
BruinsNeedaRussian
Registered User
 
BruinsNeedaRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,810
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
Then Savard is a 7 year rental. What's your point?

A rental is a player that is an impending UFA that joins a team for the post-trade deadline regular season games and the playoffs.
My point is he will play on that contract for one season and one playoff. Does it really upset you that much for someone to call a player with one year left on their contract a one year rental?

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:13 AM
  #35
TheLaughsWeKnow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
How in the world did you get that out of my post lol?
Because Kaberle is just as good as Savard or near Savard. :O

TheLaughsWeKnow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:15 AM
  #36
Rickety Cricket
Registered User
 
Rickety Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not Kent Huskins
Country: United States
Posts: 28,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barsam View Post
Because Kaberle is just as good as Savard or near Savard. :O
…Ok. The words "Marc" or "Savard" didn't enter my mind when I was posting.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:24 AM
  #37
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 6,787
vCash: 500
Toronto fans think Kaberle is going to get them a top 3 forward.. He's not as valuable as they seem to think. His offense is good but he's weak in his own end, & he fears contact. San Jose has Dan Boyle to QB the pp, & he's not afraid to bang bodies. I see no need for Kaberle in SJ. They need a Volchenkov type just a heck of alot cheaper.. Schenn for Setoguchi makes more sense. Kaberle will remain a Leaf unless Burke scales down his asking price.

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:24 AM
  #38
All Day*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
My point is he will play on that contract for one season and one playoff. Does it really upset you that much for someone to call a player with one year left on their contract a one year rental?
It doesn't upset me as much as it saddens me that some people reach like that, in order to judge someones trade value.

It's pretty obvious people are using that term as a negative against Kaberle. Sure it applies if he's being traded to the Western Conference but I don't see why a deal wouldn't be done in the East where he would probably agree to an extension beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Toronto fans think Kaberle is going to get them a top 3 forward
Wrong.

All Day* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:26 AM
  #39
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barsam View Post
Because Kaberle is just as good as Savard or near Savard. :O
wtf? I seriously laughed out load on that one.

1 year of a great player is wort a hell of a lot less than 7 years (or whatever) of a great player.

Please stop trying to convince us to take Kaberle, who we don't need or want, while simultaneously degrading our players, ok?

Let me paraphrase every one of these threads:

Leafs fans: Seto for Kaberle

Sharks fans: We don't want Kaberle, so it's not worth Seto

Leafs fans: Kaberle is awesome, he's easily worth Seto, you guys
are lolomgroflcopter

Sharks fans: But we don't WANT Kaberle, especially for only one year, so he isn't worth Seto to us.

Leafs Fans: Seto sucks!

Sharks fans: Then why do you want him so damn bad?


I'm not going to equivacilly state that DW isn't going to do something as horrifically stupid as trade for Kaberle, but if he does, the Sharks fan base will pretty much unanimously

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:30 AM
  #40
BruinsNeedaRussian
Registered User
 
BruinsNeedaRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,810
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
It doesn't upset me as much as it saddens me that some people reach like that, in order to judge someones trade value.

It's pretty obvious people are using that term as a negative against Kaberle. Sure it applies if he's being traded to the Western Conference but I don't see why a deal wouldn't be done in the East where he would probably agree to an extension beforehand.
People say it because it does lower his value. Until he signs an extension, his value is lowered. If he does sign an extension without demanding a huge raise from 4.25 (which seems very likely) then the Leafs will be able to garner more in return for him. But, until that happens his value is lowered.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:30 AM
  #41
TheLaughsWeKnow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
wtf? I seriously laughed out load on that one.
Well it looks like you can't handle the truth.

TheLaughsWeKnow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:31 AM
  #42
BruinsNeedaRussian
Registered User
 
BruinsNeedaRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,810
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barsam View Post
Well it looks like you can't handle the truth.
irony.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:32 AM
  #43
NewEraGM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftTings View Post
To SJS:
D Tomas Kaberle- 1 Year ($4,250,000)

To Toronto:
RW Devin Setoguchi- (RFA)

&

To Philly:
C/RW Christian Hanson
RW Mikhail Stefanovich
& Or
LW Luca Caputi- 2 years ($833,333)

To Toronto:
LW Scotty Hartnell- 3 Years ($4,200,000)

Toronto's Lineup:
Hartnell- Versteeg- Kessel
Kulemin- Bozak- Setoguchi
Grabo- Kadri- Army
Brown- Sjostrom- Orr
Mueller

Callups:
Johny Mitchell
Joey Crabb
Dale Mitchell

Beauchemin- Phanuef
Komi-Gunnarsson
Schenn-Lebda
Finger

Callups:
Keith Aulie
Danny Richmond

G.S Giguere
Jonas Gustavsson

What Do you guys think?
For the Philly trade, you cannot just package a bunch bottom 6 forwards and expect to get something out of it. Especially, those so called prospects, they are not even highly regarded around the league. And just stop trying, you are getting your hopes up....

NewEraGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:38 AM
  #44
All Day*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
People say it because it does lower his value. Until he signs an extension, his value is lowered. If he does sign an extension without demanding a huge raise from 4.25 (which seems very likely) then the Leafs will be able to garner more in return for him. But, until that happens his value is lowered.
How are we selling that he isn't a rental, it's a fact. Again, you are assuming he demands a huge raise. A possible long term contract (like Savard coincidentally) usually lowers a cap hit so I don't know where you get a huge raise is "very likely" from.

All Day* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:39 AM
  #45
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barsam View Post
Well it looks like you can't handle the truth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur

^ give that a read through.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:45 AM
  #46
BruinsNeedaRussian
Registered User
 
BruinsNeedaRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,810
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
How are we selling that he isn't a rental, it's a fact. Again, you are assuming he demands a huge raise. A possible long term contract (like Savard coincidentally) usually lowers a cap hit so I don't know where you get a huge raise is "very likely" from.
Because almost every Kaberle proposal Leafs fans say that he will sign an extension so the trade is worth it. I never said huge raise, but unless it is a "Savard-like" contract, he is more than likely to get more than 4.25.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:52 AM
  #47
All Day*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Because almost every Kaberle proposal Leafs fans say that he will sign an extension so the trade is worth it. I never said huge raise, but unless it is a "Savard-like" contract, he is more than likely to get more than 4.25.
This what I don't get about HF. Posters take a few Leaf fans thoughts as gospel and apply it to the whole fan base. You know that there are realistic Leaf fans right? You can find all the general feelings on the Leafs board.

But we are in agreement that Kaberle's value is lower if he doesn't sign an extension and that SJ has no need for Kaberle. You did say huge raise though...

All Day* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:56 AM
  #48
BruinsNeedaRussian
Registered User
 
BruinsNeedaRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,810
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
This what I don't get about HF. Posters take a few Leaf fans thoughts as gospel and apply it to the whole fan base. You know that there are realistic Leaf fans right? You can find all the general feelings on the Leafs board.

But we are in agreement that Kaberle's value is lower if he doesn't sign an extension and that SJ has no need for Kaberle. You did say huge raise though...
Yes there are good knowledgeable Leaf fans, but most Kaberle proposals will say that Kaberle is going to sign an extension so the value is even. I said if he demands a huge raise that will lower his value. But anyways, we find out his value when he gets traded. This is the year right .

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 11:36 AM
  #49
The Wayner
Registered User
 
The Wayner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mrs. Sauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur

^ give that a read through.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derailm...ought_disorder)

Back atcha.

The Wayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 11:49 AM
  #50
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patizzie View Post
Leaf fans make my head hurt
And fans like you are cool and unique.




johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.