HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#6 Montreal Canadiens prospects

View Poll Results: who's #6?
Cedrick Desjardins, G 0 0%
Joonas Nattinen, C 1 0.40%
Ben Maxwell, C 9 3.61%
Yannick Weber, D 25 10.04%
Gabriel Dumont, C 1 0.40%
Aaron Palushaj, RW 1 0.40%
Andreas Engqvist, C 0 0%
Ryan White, C 2 0.80%
Mathieu Carle, D 2 0.80%
Tom Pyatt, C 7 2.81%
Alexander Avtsin, RW 44 17.67%
David Desharnais, C 7 2.81%
Jarred Tinordi, D 149 59.84%
Mac Bennett, D 1 0.40%
Brock Trotter, C 0 0%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2010, 09:03 AM
  #1
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!
 
didouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
#6 Montreal Canadiens prospects

I'm proud to announce that our #1, #2, #3,#4,#5 prospects

1. P. K Subban
2. Lars Eller
3. Max Pacioretty
4. Danny Kristo
5. Louis Leblanc

Please vote for #6. The poll will be opened for 48h.

I've added Andreas Engqvist, C

Please make sure to add other prospects to replace the elected ones and add stats to help convince us foe your vote.

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 09:08 AM
  #2
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio
 
subbanged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4,446
vCash: 500
Tinordiiiiiii

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 09:43 AM
  #3
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,986
vCash: 500
Same here. I was sure Maxwell would have been selected before Max but awell, snoose and u loose

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 09:43 AM
  #4
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
People underate Weber. 16 goals in his rookie season in the AHL. Him and Subban will be a threat together on the PP. They're both righties, both have good shots and can pass well.

It's not because he hit a snag that his potential is less than what it was. He's just not NHL-ready yet. But he will be, don't be mistaken.

I voted Weber

HM to Maxwell

Let Tinordi play men instead of kids before we put him too high.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 09:51 AM
  #5
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,654
vCash: 567
Tinordi for me

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 09:56 AM
  #6
loadie
Official Beer Taster
 
loadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,113
vCash: 500
Went with Weber.

__________________

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 10:08 AM
  #7
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
People underate Weber. 16 goals in his rookie season in the AHL. Him and Subban will be a threat together on the PP. They're both righties, both have good shots and can pass well.

It's not because he hit a snag that his potential is less than what it was. He's just not NHL-ready yet. But he will be, don't be mistaken.

I voted Weber

HM to Maxwell

Let Tinordi play men instead of kids before we put him too high.
The US development team play against older players. Not all the games, but still...and they aren't men, but they are tougher competition. It's a pretty good program.

I voted Tinordi...but because I like what he brings to the table. I think he can be more valuable than a Yannick Weber or a Mathieu Carle.

As for Weber, I didn't really liked what I saw from him at the NHL level. I hope he'll prove many of us wrong though. He got the tools to be a good player...let's see if he can put it all together...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 10:47 AM
  #8
Tribu
Registered User
 
Tribu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 518
vCash: 500
Tinordi. He is what we need on the blueline and is potential is great.

Tribu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 10:53 AM
  #9
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
The US development team play against older players. Not all the games, but still...and they aren't men, but they are tougher competition. It's a pretty good program.

I voted Tinordi...but because I like what he brings to the table. I think he can be more valuable than a Yannick Weber or a Mathieu Carle.

As for Weber, I didn't really liked what I saw from him at the NHL level. I hope he'll prove many of us wrong though. He got the tools to be a good player...let's see if he can put it all together...
At the age of 20-21 years old. You really think you can make up your mind about a D when he's 20-21??? What will be your opinion if Tinordi hits a snag, or his development takes a lot of time? You'll take the new hype of the month, the new prospect who is still ALL potential and nothing more, and you will put Tinordi below him.

As for value... offensive Ds are the backbones of a majority of NHL teams, while Defensive Ds come in second.

You also do realize that the 6'6 guys of the world are rarely Prongers or Charas. They usually have a harder time adapting. Case in point, Ryan O'Byrne. (please don't respond with the typical foolish "oh don't compare Tinordi to OB!!!" I'm talking about development and the shortcomings of really tall hockey players 6'5+).

The reason I will always take a guy like Weber over a guy like Tinordi, is that you can always teach defense to an offensively talented player, but you can't teach skills to a defensive player.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 11:00 AM
  #10
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Nordzy!

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 11:12 AM
  #11
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,432
vCash: 500
Stweve Quailer should be there and belongs in our top 10, even though he missed last year due to injury, he had a very strong rookie year in Hockey East and plays a pro game.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 11:29 AM
  #12
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Nordzy!
Remove Pyatt.

I know he is 6 NHL games short of HF standards but those 19 playoff games should count as 25 easily considering he was a key part of them and also considering that the Habs thought enough of him to gie him a 1-way contract and also considering his age of 23.

The HF rules say that their guidlines are not to be taken literally in every case.

Remove Tom Pyatt. He is no longer a prospect and should be considered graduated.

Just like you added back Pacioretty, who is NOT graduated in reality.


Last edited by BaseballCoach: 07-18-2010 at 11:34 AM.
BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 12:00 PM
  #13
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
At the age of 20-21 years old. You really think you can make up your mind about a D when he's 20-21??? What will be your opinion if Tinordi hits a snag, or his development takes a lot of time? You'll take the new hype of the month, the new prospect who is still ALL potential and nothing more, and you will put Tinordi below him.

As for value... offensive Ds are the backbones of a majority of NHL teams, while Defensive Ds come in second.

You also do realize that the 6'6 guys of the world are rarely Prongers or Charas. They usually have a harder time adapting. Case in point, Ryan O'Byrne. (please don't respond with the typical foolish "oh don't compare Tinordi to OB!!!" I'm talking about development and the shortcomings of really tall hockey players 6'5+).

The reason I will always take a guy like Weber over a guy like Tinordi, is that you can always teach defense to an offensively talented player, but you can't teach skills to a defensive player.
I think you make a very solid case here Ozy. Truthfully.

That being said, I still went with Tinordi as my #6 pick (Weber will be my next one, fyi, and it was a tough call). When I picture our blueline 5 years from now, I think we are all in agreeance that barring some sort of bizarre situation Subban will be the core-piece of our defense. I think Tinordi ends up being the perfect complimental defensive partner to Subby if his development curve continues in the same direction.

If he becomes a more physical/nasty version of Josh Gorges (no one can take away how effective he actually is defensively) then I think it's mission accomplished in terms of what we think is a realistic expectation for Tinordi. He should be to Subban what Komisarek was to Markov (pre-Lucic pounding).

I know what your saying about Weber and I agree with you, I think a lot of people's perception of Weber have changed Subban had his massive WJC/OHL year and then followed it up with an absolute unbelievable AHL regular season/playoff/NHL playoff. He completely destroyed anyone else on our prospect list by miles.

It shouldn't change the fact that Weber is a world-class offensive defenseman prospect for us. I think many people are concerned with his "down" year. Many people don't take into consideration that he lost his #1 defenseman tag to Subban in the AHL in terms of 5-on-5, as well as PP time. I think he has a lot to prove this year and that's really a good thing given that we are going to likely let 2 veteran defenseman walk at the end of 2011 in Hamrlik and Gill. He should by all means get his chance by then..

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 12:33 PM
  #14
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!
 
didouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Remove Pyatt.

I know he is 6 NHL games short of HF standards but those 19 playoff games should count as 25 easily considering he was a key part of them and also considering that the Habs thought enough of him to gie him a 1-way contract and also considering his age of 23.

The HF rules say that their guidlines are not to be taken literally in every case.

Remove Tom Pyatt. He is no longer a prospect and should be considered graduated.

Just like you added back Pacioretty, who is NOT graduated in reality.
After many requests U'll be happy to know that I'll remove Pyatt in the next poll

PLEASE ADD 2 NAMES TO BE ADDED

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 01:51 PM
  #15
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,806
vCash: 500
Weber

then

Maxwell

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 01:56 PM
  #16
Brisebois
Registered User
 
Brisebois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Feeding Johan Sedin
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Weber.

Add Qualier and Pateryn

Brisebois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 01:56 PM
  #17
ruski17
Registered User
 
ruski17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Oups... Too late to change my vote.
I voted Desharnais. Tinordi is higher but Desharnais is ready now.

In two years: Subban, Markov, Tinordi and Gorges is not a bad start.
We need two more.
How about Carle and Weber???

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 02:09 PM
  #18
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,309
vCash: 500
lol @ pacman 3rd best prospect.....wtf ? AT BEST he's a 3rd liner...even if he is closer to nhl than kristo how can he be in front of him.

Leblanc and Avstin were drafted the same year and Avstin have show more things than Leblanc......and he is closer to the NHL.

anyway voted Tinordi for this one.

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 02:46 PM
  #19
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
After many requests U'll be happy to know that I'll remove Pyatt in the next poll

PLEASE ADD 2 NAMES TO BE ADDED
Add:
Pateryn
Klubertanz

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 02:48 PM
  #20
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,534
vCash: 500
Voted for Maxwell.

Add Quailer and Trunev

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 02:54 PM
  #21
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
I voted Tinordi. He, Weber, and Avstin are the next three no doubt. After that, I'll be most interested to see which smilies are put beside the players name.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 02:57 PM
  #22
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Add:
Quailer
Pateryn

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 03:02 PM
  #23
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
add quailer ffs.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 03:10 PM
  #24
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,713
vCash: 500
Tinordi,
then Weber


Add Qualier and Walsh

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 03:18 PM
  #25
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,356
vCash: 500
Tinordi, then Avtsin, then Weber...

Add Quailer and Trunev

Vasculio is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.