HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tml-Chi-Sjs

Old
07-16-2010, 12:48 PM
brevard*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps88 View Post
Its rather hilarious when hawks fans come on here and start blasting people on why they are to get screwed.

Noone is screwing you but Dale Tallon when he was there. Sure you won the cup which I definately being a Leaf fan envy but you aren't going to be able to sustain it for future years as your team is in salary hell.

If someone offers Niemi a contract you guys are down craps creek without a paddle. Yes I know bury Huet and do this that and the other thing but lets face it to replace Sharp with Setoguchi would definately not be that big of a loss and depending on what Seto signs for would save $$$$$ perhaps.
So you are a new fan to the game of hockey?

Nobody can offer Niemi a contract. Learn the rules.

I never heard of replacing a center with a forward. Setoguchi is good but Chicago has young forwards in abundance (per THN last fall) 2 just agreed to great cap hit deals this week.

Sharp makes 3.9 M and fills an actual need. Setoguchi expects to get paid and while very good will not displace either Kane (1st line) or Hossa (2nd line) as sniper type winger.

Trades involve more than fairly even value. Take a minute and consider the needs of teams involved.
If you were San Jose would you move Setoguchi AND a 1st rd pick for one year of Kaberle and a 2nd? San Jose can use a D-man but looking at the roster really would prefer one (Like Hjalmarsson) who can play defense.
If you are Chicago with Kane and Hossa (and guys in the pipeline) do you trade for a young promising Setoguchi and leave yourself without a 2nd line center great PKer and PP pointman?

The trade is fail for all involved expect Toronto. The OP tried to make it reasonable value (with the clear edge to the Leafs) but again had no clue of the needs of the other teams involved.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Turk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanVT395 View Post
I'm still troubled by this, why the hell are Leafs fans still allowed to make proposals on HFB. Seriously every single one is so bad.

also, what the hell is TML? it's TO

Toronto Maple Leafs......see shoulder patch. What's TO stand for?

Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 12:56 PM
StanJonathan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
So you are a new fan to the game of hockey?

Nobody can offer Niemi a contract. Learn the rules.

I never heard of replacing a center with a forward. Setoguchi is good but Chicago has young forwards in abundance (per THN last fall) 2 just agreed to great cap hit deals this week.

Sharp makes 3.9 M and fills an actual need. Setoguchi expects to get paid and while very good will not displace either Kane (1st line) or Hossa (2nd line) as sniper type winger.

Trades involve more than fairly even value. Take a minute and consider the needs of teams involved.
If you were San Jose would you move Setoguchi AND a 1st rd pick for one year of Kaberle and a 2nd? San Jose can use a D-man but looking at the roster really would prefer one (Like Hjalmarsson) who can play defense.
If you are Chicago with Kane and Hossa (and guys in the pipeline) do you trade for a young promising Setoguchi and leave yourself without a 2nd line center great PKer and PP pointman?

The trade is fail for all involved expect Toronto. The OP tried to make it reasonable value (with the clear edge to the Leafs) but again had no clue of the needs of the other teams involved.
A post of reason in a fantasy hockey trade.

StanJonathan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Happyhary9

Quote:
Its rather hilarious when hawks fans come on here and start blasting people on why they are to get screwed.

Noone is screwing you but Dale Tallon when he was there. Sure you won the cup which I definately being a Leaf fan envy but you aren't going to be able to sustain it for future years as your team is in salary hell.

If someone offers Niemi a contract you guys are down craps creek without a paddle. Yes I know bury Huet and do this that and the other thing but lets face it to replace Sharp with Setoguchi would definately not be that big of a loss and depending on what Seto signs for would save $$$$$ perhaps.
I know what the hell are Hawks fans thinking? When are they just going to accept what HF has been telling them and that they will not get good value for their players because of their cap problems. I mean what are they thinking they will be lucking if they get an offer of a second for guys like Buff, Ladd, and Versteeg. Better just throw in Sharp to get rid of guys like that so they can at least get a solid prospect.

Oh wait I have been living under a rock for the last month. I just found out the Hawks got very good value for these guys. Tell me I was lied to I mean can't be anyway they got value for these guys cause HF told me many times it won't happen.

For the love of everyone with half a brain can we just stop with crap like well the Hawks are in a bad situation and thus is why the trade makes scene because they have to take less value. How many times do you people need to be proven wrong about this. Its a trade market and supply and demand sets players value its just that plain and simple.

You know whats even more hilarious, its you laughing at Hawks fans for saying they will only trade for fair value. So far they have been right 4 friggin times (Barker, Buff, Versteeg, and Ladd) and your theory has been wrong four times. How many times do you have to be proven wrong before you can maybe just man up and admit that you were wrong?

Now if Sharp is traded (which I don't think he will be) and he bring back bad value I will easily admit that I was wrong about him not bring back very good value. I have been wrong many times so I really have no problems admitting that I can be wrong.

Happyhary9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 12:57 PM
sheps88

actually im not new to the rules. A team can offer Niemi a contract as he is a RFA. The Hawks can match but like Hjalmarsson a team can overpay for Niemi and cause the Hawks to be in more cap hell.

As for the trade I dont care for it either but I was getting more of a crack from the hawks fans who seem to think that the cap will not come into play at some point. You've already lost what 6 or 7 players from this team and now that Hjalmarsson has signed a contract it appears they might not be able to keep Sharp. As much as im sure the Hawks would love to keep Sharp who wouldn't the way he is playing they just might not be able to thats all im sayin.

sheps88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Zim

Quote:
actually im not new to the rules. A team can offer Niemi a contract as he is a RFA. The Hawks can match but like Hjalmarsson a team can overpay for Niemi and cause the Hawks to be in more cap hell.
No they can't, Niemi filed for arbitration and as such no team other than the Hawks can offer him a contract.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:

no they can't

Niemi goes to arbitration... so he can't get an offer sheet

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Serpico4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wayner View Post
Take out the first to TO, and I don't think its THAT bad...Assuming: This is a salary dump-ish deal for CHI, if not, doubt they're down with this.
I do.

Why is Sharp a salary dump again? I would think there's a few guys they'd rather and would get rid of before a winner on a not so bad contract.

Setoguchi had a 30 and 20 goal year and plays more physical than Kill the Thrill Phessel, and still rfa on a good contract, but apparently Kaberle for a year is worth that? What does Kaberle bring to a team that needs more toughness and less finnesse, other than finesse?

Kaberle didn't look too good for long stretches of last year, so I can see why the Leafs are trying to trade him, but its a waste of time, fun to argue sort of, but still waste of time to post these crazy trades. One year of Kaberle is not gonna get you these players never mind an upgrade in the draft. This is why you still have the Kabs, because no one wants him for the asking price.

Last edited by Serpico4ever: 07-16-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 01:05 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
Yup.....now you're sad........over 'there'.... I guess.
I misplaced my decoder ring...what does this post mean?

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 01:15 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

too much coming to us it should be more like

Seto
Leafs 2nd

Sharp

Kabs
Hawks 3rd

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Serpico4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post

Seto
Leafs 2nd

Sharp

Kabs
Hawks 3rd
The voice of reason has arrived, that's much better..

Old
07-16-2010, 01:21 PM
TheBrokenRib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipee View Post
This is quite possibly the most atrocious deal I've ever seen on these boards. And there's been a lot of them lately.
It's bad lol, but it's not Caputi, Sweatt and Mitchell for Gagne bad.

TheBrokenRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

As a fellow Leafs fan, Leafs fan should just stop creating proposals.

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Happyhary9

Quote:

Seto
Leafs 2nd

Sharp

Kabs
Hawks 3rd
I can see the value being close for the Hawks. Its just not a good need based trade for the Hawks. Sharp can play everywhere and do so many things. While Seto is a scoring winger and we already have Kane and Hossa for those roles in the top six. Plus I think Seto wants 3 mil+ so we don't really save any cap at all.

Put it this way Sharp is to the Hawks as to what Pavs is to the Sharks. As they are very very = players and play very similar roles on there teams. And I bet if you ask Sharks fans if they had to lose one of Seto/Pavs the answer will be Seto.

Happyhary9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Deal makes no sense for Hawks
Sharks get bent over
Leafs make out like bandits

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Hold the Pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
I misplaced my decoder ring...what does this post mean?
Should have been they're sad not over "there" sad.

Hold the Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:15 PM
madgoat33

Why would the hawks dump Sharp for Seto? They are going to be paid similarly and Sharp is a better player. It makes 0 sense for the Hawks, they need to shed salary if anything, not trade a great second line center for a good second line winger and pay almost the same amount.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Serpico4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold the Pickles View Post
Should have been they're sad not over "there" sad.
That still doens't make sense

Old
07-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Hold the Pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico4ever View Post
That still doens't make sense
lol, I didn't even notice... I think he just replied to the wrong post. I'm pretty sure he meant to quote the following post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barsam View Post
If someone says this is unfair then there really sad.
Edit = Now I guess all 3 of us are over "there" sad (Barsam, Turk and Me)

Last edited by Hold the Pickles: 07-16-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Hold the Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:

Seto
Leafs 2nd

Sharp

Kabs
Hawks 3rd
better but still NO

if you want our #2 Center... that opens a hole. We would need another Center instead of Seto

Hawks have a deep prospect pool and 3 2nd Rounders in 2011 (Cal, Atl and Chi)

give SJ the 2nd and change Seto to Pavelski... the Hawks say yes... but SJ would say no...

this whole proposal makes no sense for the Teams... ok, TO wins it

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf junkie View Post

Setoguchi
Leafs 2nd 2011

Sharp
Sharks 1st 2011

Kaberle
Leafs 3rd (believe chicago owns it. if not then chicago's 3rd)

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Schenn
In Rod We Trust

vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanVT395 View Post
I'm still troubled by this, why the hell are Leafs fans still allowed to make proposals on HFB. Seriously every single one is so bad.

also, what the hell is TML? it's TO
You don't know what TML stands for? Seriously? I will give you a hint. The L is Leafs.

Anyways its not that bad. IMO, just need some B level prospect tweaks through out the whole deal.

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 05:53 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
You don't know what TML stands for? Seriously? I will give you a hint. The L is Leafs.

Anyways its not that bad. IMO, just need some B level prospect tweaks through out the whole deal.
And for the Sharks to have any need or desire for Kaberle. Small issue.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Turk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold the Pickles View Post
lol, I didn't even notice... I think he just replied to the wrong post. I'm pretty sure he meant to quote the following post.

Edit = Now I guess all 3 of us are over "there" sad (Barsam, Turk and Me)
Sorry - just found it funny how easily people pass judgment on others with zero introspective ability.

Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 05:58 PM
JPavs8Clutchy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
Why are the Hawks in this? Oh yeah, I remember because we are supposed to lose trades that make the Maple Leafs stronger.

Lets go through this.
A) Setoguchi is good but he is not Patrick Sharp. Gaining a 2nd for a 3rd in a weak draft doesn't make up the difference so the trade is a fail from Chicago's stand point.
B) Kaberle wants to play in the east and is 1 year from being a UFA yet you think San Jose should give up Setoguchi AND a 1st round pick for him and a 2nd? So it's fail from San Jose's stand point.
C) Leafs give up
1) A very good but aging offense only D-man from their 20 something million defense who will be a UFA at years end and looking for a raise.
2) A 2nd rd pick
Leafs get
1) Patrick Sharp who is a top level 2nd line center (still on the climb) that plays both PP and PK.
2) A 1st round draft pick.

Can't you even pretend to make these sort of close to fair?
Gooch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sharp

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote