HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

tor-nyi-njd

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-16-2010, 02:11 PM
  #1
The Rochester Rocket
Registered User
 
The Rochester Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Strong Island, NY
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
tor-nyi-njd

To Toronto:
Jamie Langenbrunner
Alexander Vasyunov
NYI 3rd round pick

To NJ:
Tomas Kaberle

To NYI:
Brian Rolston

Toronto and New Jersey save cap room and Islanders get a veteran leader and goal scorer.

The Rochester Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:15 PM
  #2
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
Devils send a 1st or 2nd to Toronto.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:18 PM
  #3
kasper11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 6,752
vCash: 500
So, the Isles give up a 3rd round pick for a terrible contract?

Ummm....somehow I think they have to pass.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:18 PM
  #4
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,129
vCash: 500
So Leafs fans say we're not interested in Langenbrunner as the centrepiece to to a Kaberle trade; so you add a crappy prospect adn 3rd round pick???

Leafs need a top line LW w/ size to add to their core or aren't trading Kaberle.... simple as that. Unless the Devils are willing to part with one of their core players, there is no sense in discussing Tomas Kaberle. We can discuss Jeff Finger if you wish. He's available for a contract smaller than his or free.

BTW, what on earth makes you think the Isles would take on Brian Rolston? nevermind give up a draft pick for the privilige of paying that dumb contract.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:18 PM
  #5
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rochester Rocket View Post
To Toronto:
Jamie Langenbrunner
Alexander Vasyunov
NYI 3rd round pick

To NJ:
Tomas Kaberle

To NYI:
Brian Rolston

Toronto and New Jersey save cap room and Islanders get a veteran leader and goal scorer.
There is risk attached to Vasyunov. Why can't you guys just give us Adam Henrique ?

Jamie Langenbrunner
Adam Henrique
2nd '11

for

Tomas Kaberle

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19868&dateline=128642  9216
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:21 PM
  #6
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slave View Post
There is risk attached to Vasyunov. Why can't you guys just give us Adam Henrique ?

Jamie Langenbrunner
Adam Henrique
2nd '11

for

Tomas Kaberle
This doesn't make any more sense.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:38 PM
  #7
denkiteki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,267
vCash: 500
Can't see Roloson waiving his NTC to go to NYI... nor the NYI trading a 3rd round pick for him... 10mil/2 is a lot to pay for someone who seems to be going downhill (37 years old and scored less than or equal to his age the last 2 years). If anything, to move Roloson, i think the NYI would want assets back (don't even talk about cap floor because Souray would cost less $$ and give a bigger cap hit for the same period of time).

As for Tor vs NJ part of the deal... doesn't seem to make sense for the Leafs unless they think they can make the playoffs soon (next year). There's almost no guarantee Langenbrunner will resign with them (even if he waives his NTC)... plus Langenbrunner cap friendly deal is one that NJ probably shouldn't move at this point. They probably want younger/locked up return for Kabs.

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:39 PM
  #8
All Day*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Just when I thought the return to the Leafs was bad, apparently the Islanders get Rolston for a 3rd round pick?

All Day* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:41 PM
  #9
EucaLEAFtys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the Underdark
Posts: 2,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slave View Post
There is risk attached to Vasyunov. Why can't you guys just give us Adam Henrique ?

Jamie Langenbrunner
Adam Henrique
2nd '11

for

Tomas Kaberle
Not a bad proposal as it would help both sides, but Langenbrunner would have to waive his NTC and I'm not sure he would do that to go to Toronto.

Considering that he's won the Stanley Cup a few times already, he might be willing to help improve another team.

But who knows? Stranger things have happened..

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:46 PM
  #10
gonnaneedsomewine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
This doesn't make any more sense.
Clarkson, conditional 3rd rounder that turns into a 2nd rounder if Kaberle signs an extension/re-signs at the end of the year.

gonnaneedsomewine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:47 PM
  #11
EucaLEAFtys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the Underdark
Posts: 2,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by denkiteki View Post
Can't see Roloson waiving his NTC to go to NYI... nor the NYI trading a 3rd round pick for him... 10mil/2 is a lot to pay for someone who seems to be going downhill (37 years old and scored less than or equal to his age the last 2 years). If anything, to move Roloson, i think the NYI would want assets back (don't even talk about cap floor because Souray would cost less $$ and give a bigger cap hit for the same period of time).

As for Tor vs NJ part of the deal... doesn't seem to make sense for the Leafs unless they think they can make the playoffs soon (next year). There's almost no guarantee Langenbrunner will resign with them (even if he waives his NTC)... plus Langenbrunner cap friendly deal is one that NJ probably shouldn't move at this point. They probably want younger/locked up return for Kabs.
I take it you meant Rolston?

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:52 PM
  #12
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMagglio View Post
Clarkson, conditional 3rd rounder that turns into a 2nd rounder if Kaberle signs an extension/re-signs at the end of the year.
Leafs have 0 interesst in Clarkson... we signed Armstrong and there's no room for both.

There are only 4 players on the Devils that the Leafs are interested in (Zajac, Parise, Elias & Brodeur), if you're not willing to part with one of them, there's 0 reason to discuss any trade involving a defenceman other than Jeff Finger.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:55 PM
  #13
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 25,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slave View Post
There is risk attached to Vasyunov. Why can't you guys just give us Adam Henrique ?

Jamie Langenbrunner
Adam Henrique
2nd '11

for

Tomas Kaberle
I think you've have to understand the Devil perfer not to move any center prospects -- Both Henrique and Josefson are probably in the Devils immediate short-term plans

I think the Leafs will be able to get more at the Deadline, that is very different trade market than the summer trade market --- but then his NTC kicks agains right?

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:57 PM
  #14
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Leafs have 0 interesst in Clarkson... we signed Armstrong and there's no room for both.

There are only 4 players on the Devils that the Leafs are interested in (Zajac, Parise, Elias & Brodeur), if you're not willing to part with one of them, there's 0 reason to discuss any trade involving a defenceman other than Jeff Finger.
you mean the devils giving the Isles a 3rd to take Rolston right, Why would we pay to take on an over 35 salary dump candidate ?

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 02:59 PM
  #15
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
you mean the devils giving the Isles a 3rd to take Rolston right, Why would we pay to take on an over 35 salary dump candidate ?
That's obviously another problem too. Rolston has massive negative value. Infact, based on the information we know about Kovalchuk, I wouldn't be suprised to find out that the Devils did infact have a deal in place, but then found that they couldn't move Rolston to make room.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:01 PM
  #16
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 25,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Leafs have 0 interesst in Clarkson... we signed Armstrong and there's no room for both.

There are only 4 players on the Devils that the Leafs are interested in (Zajac, Parise, Elias & Brodeur), if you're not willing to part with one of them, there's 0 reason to discuss any trade involving a defenceman other than Jeff Finger.
Does this mean you expect 1 of another teams best players to be coming back in a Kaberle trade?

Is that what you are saying? Or was that for shock value?

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:02 PM
  #17
hatterson
Global Moderator
 
hatterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Tonawanda, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,442
vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMagglio View Post
Clarkson, conditional 3rd rounder that turns into a 2nd rounder if Kaberle signs an extension/re-signs at the end of the year.
So you value an extension for Kaberle as the difference between a 2nd and a 3rd round pick? Interesting.

hatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:03 PM
  #18
EucaLEAFtys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the Underdark
Posts: 2,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMagglio View Post
Clarkson, conditional 3rd rounder that turns into a 2nd rounder if Kaberle signs an extension/re-signs at the end of the year.
Why would NJ trade Clarkson when he's probably the only guy they have with any sandpaper to his game?

Langenbrunner is the better option for Toronto as he has the winning experience the young Leaf players can learn from so that they can improve their own games andswapping Langenbrunner for Kaberle also works from a contract perspective as both will be UFA next summer, thus providing both teams with some added cap flexibility going forward.

Plus, Langenbrunner is a top-6 forward which is what the Leafs are currently looking for, even though he's a right winger. He could easily slot in behind Kessel as 2nd line right winger with Versteeg on the 2nd line left wing.

It could easily work provided Langenbrunner waives his NTC to go to Toronto.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:04 PM
  #19
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Does this mean you expect 1 of another teams best players to be coming back in a Kaberle trade?

Is that what you are saying? Or was that for shock value?
Not at all. For the Leafs to trade Kaberle (considering the fact that he wants to resign with Toronto), one of another team's top players has to be coming back. The Leafs 2nd best defenceman for a teams 2nd or 3rd best forward.

If that doesn't happen, he won't be traded. Gotta realize that the Leafs value him as if he had a long term extension signed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
Why would NJ trade Clarkson when he probably the only guy they have with any sandpaper to his game?

Langenbrunner is the better option for Toronto as he has the winning experience the young Leaf players can learn from so that they can improve their own games andswapping Langenbrunner for Kaberle also works from a contract perspective as both will be UFA next summer, thus providing both teams with some added cap flexibility going forward.

Plus, Langenbrunner is a top-6 forward which is what the Leafs are currently looking for, even though he's a right winger. He could easily slot in behind Kessel as 2nd line right winger with Versteeg on the 2nd line left wing.

It could easily work provided Langenbrunner waives his NTC to go to Toronto.
Toronto needs size and a player who has a future with the Leafs...Langenbrunner posseses neither.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:06 PM
  #20
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Leafs have 0 interesst in Clarkson... we signed Armstrong and there's no room for both.

There are only 4 players on the Devils that the Leafs are interested in (Zajac, Parise, Elias & Brodeur), if you're not willing to part with one of them, there's 0 reason to discuss any trade involving a defenceman other than Jeff Finger.


classic jfried post

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:10 PM
  #21
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 25,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Not at all. For the Leafs to trade Kaberle (considering the fact that he wants to resign with Toronto), one of another team's top players has to be coming back. The Leafs 2nd best defenceman for a teams 2nd or 3rd best forward.

If that doesn't happen, he won't be traded.
See the thing is, anyone who is going to want to deal assets for 1 year of Kaberle is going to be a contender.

A contender isn't going to break apart one of their top 2 lines for some offense from the backend....It just isn't going to happen. Unless you find one of those special cases where a team needs to clear salary or get rid of a disgruntled player I just don't understand why anyone would do this.

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:12 PM
  #22
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Devils View Post


classic jfried post
Would you be happy if we offered Komisarek, Stefanovich and a 2nd round pick for Elias???

That's essentially the same as what all these Devils fans proposals are.... throw out a couple of assets you don't really need / want, get team's 3rd best player in deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
See the thing is, anyone who is going to want to deal assets for 1 year of Kaberle is going to be a contender.

A contender isn't going to break apart one of their top 2 lines for some offense from the backend....It just isn't going to happen. Unless you find one of those special cases where a team needs to clear salary or get rid of a disgruntled player I just don't understand why anyone would do this.
I'm fully aware of that, but so do the Leafs!!!

A team that wants to be a contender isn't going to break up the transition game from their blueline just for a 2nd line winger (when there are guys in free agency) and prospects. Unless the Leafs find one of those special cases where a team is desparate for puckmovement and has a top liner they can afford to lose, Kaberle wont be traded.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:20 PM
  #23
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 25,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Would you be happy if we offered Komisarek, Stefanovich and a 2nd round pick for Elias???

That's essentially the same as what all these Devils fans proposals are.... throw out a couple of assets you don't really need / want, get team's 3rd best player in deal.



I'm fully aware of that, but so do the Leafs!!!

A team that wants to be a contender isn't going to break up the transition game from their blueline just for a 2nd line winger (when there are guys in free agency) and prospects. Unless the Leafs find one of those special cases where a team is desparate for puckmovement and has a top liner they can afford to lose, Kaberle wont be traded.
Well with that said, I think you are telling me Kaberle isn't on the trading block and that his transition game is more important to the Leafs.

I wish someone would have said that earlier so we wouldn't have had to go through 3 years of this

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:26 PM
  #24
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Well with that said, I think you are telling me Kaberle isn't on the trading block and that his transition game is more important to the Leafs.

I wish someone would have said that earlier so we wouldn't have had to go through 3 years of this
Oh he is on the trading block, for a top line forward. It's this 2nd part that people seem to have a problem understanding.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:33 PM
  #25
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 25,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Oh he is on the trading block, for a top line forward. It's this 2nd part that people seem to have a problem understanding.
I think if he gets traded you are going to be incredibly disappointed.

Either that, or you will simply call whatever player you receive a “Top line forward”

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.