HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalchuk re-signs! No terms released.

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

vCash: 500
Great write up, Northwood. Totally agree and that's pretty cool that you work for The Maven.

Old
07-16-2010, 10:12 PM
northwood09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashing Lights View Post
Great write up, Northwood. Totally agree and that's pretty cool that you work for The Maven.
Has its ups and downs. He's a dick to most of the interns ha, and a tough character to crack, but deep down he's a nice guy and always has a joke to tell. His bathroom is filled with Dirty Joke books--spines all very well broken in.

I have a brief interview from Camp with Palmieri I've yet to transcribe. Tell me if you guys want it.

Old
07-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Hey man, what ever happened with that thing you PM'ed me asking for permission to quote me for his newsletter? Did it ever make it's way into it?

Old
07-16-2010, 10:16 PM
northwood09

Quote:
Hey man, what ever happened with that thing you PM'ed me asking for permission to quote me for his newsletter? Did it ever make it's way into it?
Thought I sent it to you (gmail); guess it never came through. Any idea ~what date that was? I have all of the prior newsletters on my computer. I'll send it to you again.

Old
07-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

You probably did send me an email, I just never check it because of all the spam.

I just checked and you sent me it. Pretty cool, thanks!

Old
07-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Just washed,dried and packed my kovy t-shirt away. I'm ready to move on

Old
07-16-2010, 10:44 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post

Old
07-16-2010, 10:46 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Ugh. This feels like Kovalchuk Watch, Part 443,532,627,523,523...

Someone end this madness!

Old
07-17-2010, 12:04 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Only 32 posts in a Kovalchuk thread? This is insanity!!!!!!! They should have never gave you ******* money!

Old
07-17-2010, 12:29 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

I have changed my Avatar. I think Status Quo Power is better than Kovy Power.

Old
07-17-2010, 12:40 AM
Devils Mike*

Send a message via MSN to Devils Mike*
I know he's basically a King, I really wonder if Lou says what he offered to Kovy after this. I really doubt it though.

Old
07-17-2010, 12:50 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Maybe in the next few months Kovalchuk will finally sign on the dotted line for that team he's "dying to play for."

Cant wait to see what this contract looks like. Wake me up when we extend Zach Parise, I have had enough pining over this guy.

Old
07-17-2010, 12:51 AM
MrHockey80

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwood09 View Post
Has its ups and downs. He's a dick to most of the interns ha, and a tough character to crack, but deep down he's a nice guy and always has a joke to tell. His bathroom is filled with Dirty Joke books--spines all very well broken in.

I have a brief interview from Camp with Palmieri I've yet to transcribe. Tell me if you guys want it.
Would like to read your interview with Palmieri and any other prospects you talked with

Old
07-17-2010, 01:15 AM
Tretyak 20

I'm kind of curious why a PMD has become all the rage around here. Guys, a PMD is a total luxury - not even close to a need. You're talking about a player who's role is all of 5-6 minutes per game. And many PMD's pretty well suck the other 15+ minutes they're on the ice! Where did Toronto and Pittsburgh finish, after all, if guys like Kaberle and Gonchar are so important?

Goals can always be scored at even strength - most goals are anyways. What's REALLY important is the other side of that coin - the PK. If you have an excellent PK then your PP isn't really an issue. Players can play aggressively and not worry, they can generate more scoring chances, and if they take a penalty it's far from a guarranteed goal against.

Lou has DRASTICALLY improved our PK (which was freakin' terrible against Philly) by adding Volchenkov and Tallinder. Both of those guys were 1st unit PK players on their previous teams. So what if our PP doesn't score much, the other teams PP won't either!

I would take a 40-50 goal scorer who can change the flow of a game any day over two PMD's.

...PS - Kovy will sign in New Jersey.

Old
07-17-2010, 01:19 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretyak 20 View Post
I'm kind of curious why a PMD has become all the rage around here. Guys, a PMD is a total luxury - not even close to a need. You're talking about a player who's role is all of 5-6 minutes per game. And many PMD's pretty well suck the other 15+ minutes they're on the ice! Where did Toronto and Pittsburgh finish, after all, if guys like Kaberle and Gonchar are so important?

Goals can always be scored at even strength - most goals are anyways. What's REALLY important is the other side of that coin - the PK. If you have an excellent PK then your PP isn't really an issue. Players can play aggressively and not worry, they can generate more scoring chances, and if they take a penalty it's far from a guarranteed goal against.

Lou has DRASTICALLY improved our PK (which was freakin' terrible against Philly) by adding Volchenkov and Tallinder. Both of those guys were 1st unit PK players on their previous teams. So what if our PP doesn't score much, the other teams PP won't either!

I would take a 40-50 goal scorer who can change the flow of a game any day over two PMD's.
PMD....a Luxury??? Considering that the Devils don't have ANY LEGIT PMD's on their team currently, I highly think it would be more of a NECESSITY to have than anything else.

Old
07-17-2010, 01:26 AM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Funny thing is, we had two puck movers on the blue line in Martin and Oduya.

Now we got Anssi....whatever

We didnt do dick with those puck movers, we got bigger and stronger on the blueline, fine by me. If we have a threat like Kovy to make our top two lines lethal, that's just as good

Old
07-17-2010, 01:27 AM
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

By looking at the roman numerals, I wonder what number will be higher - the number of Super Bowls, or Kovalchuk threads.

Old
07-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Game Breaker

Send a message via AIM to Game Breaker
I've accepted that he will sign with LA. I'm actually happy that we addressed team needs, but I still am a bit of a sad panda.

"...then they take their retard 7 foot Chara, who sticks out like a ***** in sweatpants..."- Devs4thCup
Old
07-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Tretyak 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
PMD....a Luxury??? Considering that the Devils don't have ANY LEGIT PMD's on their team currently, I highly think it would be more of a NECESSITY to have than anything else.
Please read all of my post, before condemning it. And again, where did Pittsburgh and Toronto (who have legit PMD's) finish? Last place in the East and a 1st round exit is what I recall. And BTW, Chicago had (count 'em) 1 power play goal scored by a Defenseman in this year's playoffs! 1!!!

...Of course, that stat looks much better once you consider they had a whopping 5 power play assists by defensemen. In 22 games.

So yes, a PMD is ABSOLUTELY a luxury.

Old
07-17-2010, 01:42 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Mike View Post
I know he's basically a King, I really wonder if Lou says what he offered to Kovy after this. I really doubt it though.
Not a chance. The only way we find out what Lou's offer was is if Kovy signs it. And even then we won't get all the details.

Old
07-17-2010, 01:43 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
By looking at the roman numerals, I wonder what number will be higher - the number of Super Bowls, or Kovalchuk threads.
I can't see this going another 32 threads. It would October by then.

And for the record, Dallas beat Denver 27-10 in SB XII

Old
07-17-2010, 01:54 AM
VaxjoDevil

Make some good moves now Lou to make us forget all this Kovalcrap. I'm sick of him, his agent's slimy tactics and his talentless wife thinking she will have a singing career in LAla-land. Not big of me, but this has all been a charade, to sign with Kings was his objective all the time. Devils were just not sexy enough to stroke his ego enough. That's fine, he doesn't owe us anything, but nevertheless I will glee a little when it becomes glaringly clear that he is no Ovechkin or Crosby.

Sour grapes? Absolutely. But really, **** this ****.

Old
07-17-2010, 01:57 AM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

I really soured on him when he couldn't even return one measly text message from Patty.

Beat it, Kovy.

Old
07-17-2010, 02:08 AM
VaxjoDevil

Quote:
I really soured on him when he couldn't even return one measly text message from Patty.

Beat it, Kovy.
He didn't return it because he never had the intention to come here. But yeah, it was not exactly Joe ******* texting.

Old
07-17-2010, 02:11 AM
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso

I'm so over Kovalchuk. I'll just wait for a text from TSN. Peace out y'all!

Closed Thread