HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalchuk re-signs! No terms released.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-16-2010, 10:05 PM
  #26
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
Great write up, Northwood. Totally agree and that's pretty cool that you work for The Maven.

Oroku Saki* is offline  
Old
07-16-2010, 10:12 PM
  #27
northwood09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashing Lights View Post
Great write up, Northwood. Totally agree and that's pretty cool that you work for The Maven.
Has its ups and downs. He's a dick to most of the interns ha, and a tough character to crack, but deep down he's a nice guy and always has a joke to tell. His bathroom is filled with Dirty Joke books--spines all very well broken in.


I have a brief interview from Camp with Palmieri I've yet to transcribe. Tell me if you guys want it.

northwood09 is offline  
Old
07-16-2010, 10:14 PM
  #28
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
Hey man, what ever happened with that thing you PM'ed me asking for permission to quote me for his newsletter? Did it ever make it's way into it?

Oroku Saki* is offline  
Old
07-16-2010, 10:16 PM
  #29
northwood09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashing Lights View Post
Hey man, what ever happened with that thing you PM'ed me asking for permission to quote me for his newsletter? Did it ever make it's way into it?
Thought I sent it to you (gmail); guess it never came through. Any idea ~what date that was? I have all of the prior newsletters on my computer. I'll send it to you again.

northwood09 is offline  
Old
07-16-2010, 10:20 PM
  #30
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
You probably did send me an email, I just never check it because of all the spam.

I just checked and you sent me it. Pretty cool, thanks!

Oroku Saki* is offline  
Old
07-16-2010, 10:27 PM
  #31
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 25,656
vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Just washed,dried and packed my kovy t-shirt away. I'm ready to move on

Scottyk9 is offline  
Old
07-16-2010, 10:44 PM
  #32
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
07-16-2010, 10:46 PM
  #33
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.
 
PacManNJD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: North Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,656
vCash: 500
Ugh. This feels like Kovalchuk Watch, Part 443,532,627,523,523...

Someone end this madness!

PacManNJD is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 12:04 AM
  #34
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 63,968
vCash: 500
Only 32 posts in a Kovalchuk thread? This is insanity!!!!!!! They should have never gave you ******* money!

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 12:29 AM
  #35
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!
 
glenwo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Country: United States
Posts: 22,477
vCash: 500
I have changed my Avatar. I think Status Quo Power is better than Kovy Power.

glenwo2 is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 12:40 AM
  #36
Devils Mike*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,989
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Devils Mike*
I know he's basically a King, I really wonder if Lou says what he offered to Kovy after this. I really doubt it though.

Devils Mike* is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 12:50 AM
  #37
ILikeItVeryMuch*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 36,073
vCash: 500
Maybe in the next few months Kovalchuk will finally sign on the dotted line for that team he's "dying to play for."

Cant wait to see what this contract looks like. Wake me up when we extend Zach Parise, I have had enough pining over this guy.

ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 12:51 AM
  #38
MrHockey80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwood09 View Post
Has its ups and downs. He's a dick to most of the interns ha, and a tough character to crack, but deep down he's a nice guy and always has a joke to tell. His bathroom is filled with Dirty Joke books--spines all very well broken in.


I have a brief interview from Camp with Palmieri I've yet to transcribe. Tell me if you guys want it.
Would like to read your interview with Palmieri and any other prospects you talked with

MrHockey80 is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 01:15 AM
  #39
Tretyak 20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
I'm kind of curious why a PMD has become all the rage around here. Guys, a PMD is a total luxury - not even close to a need. You're talking about a player who's role is all of 5-6 minutes per game. And many PMD's pretty well suck the other 15+ minutes they're on the ice! Where did Toronto and Pittsburgh finish, after all, if guys like Kaberle and Gonchar are so important?

Goals can always be scored at even strength - most goals are anyways. What's REALLY important is the other side of that coin - the PK. If you have an excellent PK then your PP isn't really an issue. Players can play aggressively and not worry, they can generate more scoring chances, and if they take a penalty it's far from a guarranteed goal against.

Lou has DRASTICALLY improved our PK (which was freakin' terrible against Philly) by adding Volchenkov and Tallinder. Both of those guys were 1st unit PK players on their previous teams. So what if our PP doesn't score much, the other teams PP won't either!

I would take a 40-50 goal scorer who can change the flow of a game any day over two PMD's.


...PS - Kovy will sign in New Jersey.

Tretyak 20 is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 01:19 AM
  #40
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!
 
glenwo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Country: United States
Posts: 22,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretyak 20 View Post
I'm kind of curious why a PMD has become all the rage around here. Guys, a PMD is a total luxury - not even close to a need. You're talking about a player who's role is all of 5-6 minutes per game. And many PMD's pretty well suck the other 15+ minutes they're on the ice! Where did Toronto and Pittsburgh finish, after all, if guys like Kaberle and Gonchar are so important?

Goals can always be scored at even strength - most goals are anyways. What's REALLY important is the other side of that coin - the PK. If you have an excellent PK then your PP isn't really an issue. Players can play aggressively and not worry, they can generate more scoring chances, and if they take a penalty it's far from a guarranteed goal against.

Lou has DRASTICALLY improved our PK (which was freakin' terrible against Philly) by adding Volchenkov and Tallinder. Both of those guys were 1st unit PK players on their previous teams. So what if our PP doesn't score much, the other teams PP won't either!

I would take a 40-50 goal scorer who can change the flow of a game any day over two PMD's.
PMD....a Luxury??? Considering that the Devils don't have ANY LEGIT PMD's on their team currently, I highly think it would be more of a NECESSITY to have than anything else.

glenwo2 is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 01:26 AM
  #41
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks
 
Mr.Krinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ - Sec. 229
Country: United States
Posts: 13,719
vCash: 500
Funny thing is, we had two puck movers on the blue line in Martin and Oduya.

Now we got Anssi....whatever

We didnt do dick with those puck movers, we got bigger and stronger on the blueline, fine by me. If we have a threat like Kovy to make our top two lines lethal, that's just as good

Mr.Krinkle is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 01:27 AM
  #42
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
CFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,087
vCash: 500
By looking at the roman numerals, I wonder what number will be higher - the number of Super Bowls, or Kovalchuk threads.

CFD is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 01:41 AM
  #43
Game Breaker
Registered User
 
Game Breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Yonkers, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,689
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Game Breaker
I've accepted that he will sign with LA. I'm actually happy that we addressed team needs, but I still am a bit of a sad panda.

__________________
Heroes get remembered, but legends never die...


"...then they take their retard 7 foot Chara, who sticks out like a ***** in sweatpants..."- Devs4thCup
Game Breaker is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 01:41 AM
  #44
Tretyak 20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
PMD....a Luxury??? Considering that the Devils don't have ANY LEGIT PMD's on their team currently, I highly think it would be more of a NECESSITY to have than anything else.
Please read all of my post, before condemning it. And again, where did Pittsburgh and Toronto (who have legit PMD's) finish? Last place in the East and a 1st round exit is what I recall. And BTW, Chicago had (count 'em) 1 power play goal scored by a Defenseman in this year's playoffs! 1!!!

...Of course, that stat looks much better once you consider they had a whopping 5 power play assists by defensemen. In 22 games.

So yes, a PMD is ABSOLUTELY a luxury.

Tretyak 20 is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 01:42 AM
  #45
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Mike View Post
I know he's basically a King, I really wonder if Lou says what he offered to Kovy after this. I really doubt it though.
Not a chance. The only way we find out what Lou's offer was is if Kovy signs it. And even then we won't get all the details.

Saugus is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 01:43 AM
  #46
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
By looking at the roman numerals, I wonder what number will be higher - the number of Super Bowls, or Kovalchuk threads.
I can't see this going another 32 threads. It would October by then.

And for the record, Dallas beat Denver 27-10 in SB XII

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 01:54 AM
  #47
VaxjoDevil
Registered User
 
VaxjoDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Princeton, NJ
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,177
vCash: 500
Make some good moves now Lou to make us forget all this Kovalcrap. I'm sick of him, his agent's slimy tactics and his talentless wife thinking she will have a singing career in LAla-land. Not big of me, but this has all been a charade, to sign with Kings was his objective all the time. Devils were just not sexy enough to stroke his ego enough. That's fine, he doesn't owe us anything, but nevertheless I will glee a little when it becomes glaringly clear that he is no Ovechkin or Crosby.

Sour grapes? Absolutely. But really, **** this ****.

VaxjoDevil is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 01:57 AM
  #48
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
I really soured on him when he couldn't even return one measly text message from Patty.

Beat it, Kovy.

Oroku Saki* is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 02:08 AM
  #49
VaxjoDevil
Registered User
 
VaxjoDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Princeton, NJ
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashing Lights View Post
I really soured on him when he couldn't even return one measly text message from Patty.

Beat it, Kovy.
He didn't return it because he never had the intention to come here. But yeah, it was not exactly Joe ******* texting.

VaxjoDevil is offline  
Old
07-17-2010, 02:11 AM
  #50
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso
 
ZadorovNJD*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Umm al-Qaiwan
Posts: 10,199
vCash: 500


I'm so over Kovalchuk. I'll just wait for a text from TSN. Peace out y'all!

ZadorovNJD* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.