HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Kyle Beach+ Brian Campbell to ATL

Old
07-16-2010, 07:03 PM
AintLifeGrand

vCash: 500
Kyle Beach+ Brian Campbell to ATL

to ATL: Brian Campbell, Kyle Beach
to Chi: Carl Klingberg, Boris Valabik (maybe Johnny Oduya), Todd White,

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 07:06 PM
timekeep

Atlanta does this in a heartbeat. They would be one the toughest teams in the league. But can't see Chi getting rid of Beach with the amount of vets having to leave.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Finnish your Czech
Puljujärvi2Leafs pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Campbell has negative value. Nobeay that package is even worth atlantas top prospect.

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 07:10 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
At least you go off the wall a bit sometimes.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 07:10 PM
AintLifeGrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs4stanley View Post
Campbell has negative value. Nobeay that package is even worth atlantas top prospect.
I would consider Klingberg for Beach to be a lateral move while taking into consideration Beach is more NHL ready than Klingberg.

So its basically Klingberg for Beach- I'd like to see Beach in our top 6, because I would rather have Buff and Ladd on the 3rd line together. I think Beach could do well with Peverley and Bergfors/little

and Valabik and White for Campbell. Gives Chicago 4 millionish dollars to work with.

Old
07-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Why would we ever want Campbell?

Telfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 07:16 PM
AintLifeGrand

Because he's totally underrated on HF due to his contract...which sucks, but isn't really worse than going out and signing a FA for 5-6 mil. He would solid on our 2nd pairing- probably with Hainsey. It gives us depth and leaddership, plus playmaking abilities which should help our very ordinary top 6 produce at a higher rate.

I would also like to see Beach as our 2nd line LW. Ladd and Byfuglien and Slater makes for one of the best 3rd lines in the league.

Old
07-16-2010, 07:21 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

I would rather let Kulda have some room to prove himself in the big league. He's that good.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 07:22 PM
aBurmistrov

I would never want Campbell and his salary here.

aBurmistrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 07:26 PM
brevard*

Quote:
Because he's totally underrated on HF due to his contract...which sucks, but isn't really worse than going out and signing a FA for 5-6 mil. He would solid on our 2nd pairing- probably with Hainsey. It gives us depth and leaddership, plus playmaking abilities which should help our very ordinary top 6 produce at a higher rate.

I would also like to see Beach as our 2nd line LW. Ladd and Byfuglien and Slater makes for one of the best 3rd lines in the league.
I'm no expert but have seen pretty every televised hawk game the last ... 40 years or so.

Why would you play Byfuglien and Ladd together? They do the same thing. If you do not play Buff with a playmaker and a sniper he will be wasted (read posts about his regular season play, which per coach Q was done for a reason)
He is no longer on the team I root for but will still say that Byfuglien is fully capable of 40 or 50 goals. He is no star but matched with guys who create and get the puck to the net he has a chance to be the best garbage man since Phil Esposito. many teams put a big body in front to create traffic ... and while few are as big NONE comes close to having his hands or scoring touch.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 07:30 PM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
Why would we ever want Campbell?
There is a cap minimum which Atl is at $36.6M and the minimum is $43.4M. And Brian Campbell isn't that bad of an offensive dman. And Beach is a tough goal scorer, him and Cormier on the same line.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 07:30 PM
brevard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaze View Post
I would never want Campbell and his salary here.

Why is this thread still open? Campbell turned down more money from Atlanta and chose Chicago. he has a limited NTC and I do not see a scenario where Atlanta is on that list.

Guys who want to win don't go to Atlanta, Thrasher players are either overpaid, drafted by or traded to the Thrashers.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 07:39 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
There is a cap minimum which Atl is at $36.6M and the minimum is $43.4M. And Brian Campbell isn't that bad of an offensive dman. And Beach is a tough goal scorer, him and Cormier on the same line.
Taking on cap space can be done in a way that doesn't add more d-men.

we already have a glut of d-men and d-men prospects. oduya, enstrom, bogosian, hainsey, valabik, kulda, postma, so it goes. if we're trying to do this, i'd rather take Sharp.

And it's improbable that Kyle Beach and Cormier play on the same line. I like cormier but most guys have him pegged as a 4th liner to start the year.

Old
07-16-2010, 07:41 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
Guys who want to win don't go to Atlanta, Thrasher players are either overpaid, drafted by or traded to the Thrashers.

Old
07-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Sabreality

no campbell. there is absolutely no reason for him here. enstrom and bogosians (upside) cover the PMD position..and Hainsey/Oduya are no slouches at it from the 2nd pairing either (along with playing very well together once Oduya came here)...i'd argue that theyre both better in their own end taboot..that has the makings of a fine top 4..and Postma is on the way too (i'd rather give him a look in 3 years, than STILL be stuck with Soupys deal).

its not happening, nor should it

Sabreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 07:46 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

You know, just because Campbell is overpaid, it doesn't make him a bad player. He's a solid 3-4 on nearly any team. If a team needs to reach the floor and can swallow extra few million in overpayment they should be very interested in him. I don't agree with those who say he's untradeable.

mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 07:49 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
You know, just because Campbell is overpaid, it doesn't make him a bad player. He's a solid 3-4 on nearly any team. If a team needs to reach the floor and can swallow extra few million in overpayment they should be very interested in him. I don't agree with those who say he's untradeable.
like i said, it's not salary being the issue, it's organizational/positional need.

We don't need another d-man unless it's a top name one.

Old
07-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
There is this thing called RFA's that havent been signed yet

Telfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
then you keep him, you say that in every thread but yet you keep trying to get someone to take him. if you need cap space move Hossa or Kane or Toews. I guarantee someone will take them..... the only reason you keep wanting to move Campbell is that hes not really as good as you say he is

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Finnish your Czech
Puljujärvi2Leafs pls

Quote:
Little, bergfors and pavelec say hi.

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 08:00 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
Why is this thread still open? Campbell turned down more money from Atlanta and chose Chicago. he has a limited NTC and I do not see a scenario where Atlanta is on that list.

There is maybe 1 player on the team that is overpaid. Don't get what your trying to say about being drafted of traded to us? We got Kubina cheap last year. Picked up Jesus off waivers. That has worked out well for us.

Oh and Antropov wanted to play here, so

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 08:02 PM
denkiteki

Quote:

The problem with Campbell isn't his contract next year but rather the length of it. You're looking at SIX more years at 7mil per... basically 31-37. The contract will look much much worst in say 4 years when he's 35.

If he were to sign for say 5-6 mil for 4 seasons now, he would be a great deal but we are not talking about 4 years nor 5-6 mil, its rather 7 mil for 6 years so over payment of say 2 mil/yr for 4 years and massively (say 3mil) for 2 more years. Thats a total overpayment of 14 mil over 6 years unless you figure he's worth a lot more than 5 mil the next 4 years and more than 4 mil when he's 36/37.

So basically you're getting someone you need to overpay (even by your opinion of his market value) for 6 years. Basically paying top pairing money to a #3/4 dman. That pretty much means negative value in a cap world. As a player, he has high value, his contract just gets rid of that value and then some. Its just like Crosby has unbelievable value but his contract would lower his trade value a bit (still very very positive or as high as it comes but he would be much more attractive in the trade market if he made say 1mil than 9mil).

Salary cap era value of a player = value of player's skill - the contract he has, the more money/term, the bigger the subtraction.

That's the main reason players like Souray have negative value. There is no doubt he's a top 4 dman on quite a few teams but his contract makes him a negative value right now. That's why Gomez was moved for virtually nothing last off season.

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 08:02 PM
markisonfire

Brian Campbell is still a very good offensive defenseman. With a team like Atlanta that is UNDER the cap floor, his contract won't mean a whole lot. Brian Campbell would be a good defenseman if he was signed to about 4-4.5.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 08:19 PM
aBurmistrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Brian Campbell is still a very good offensive defenseman. With a team like Atlanta that is UNDER the cap floor, his contract won't mean a whole lot. Brian Campbell would be a good defenseman if he was signed to about 4-4.5.
We still have to sign our RFAs so we will be above the cap floor, and no one said Campbell's a bad defenseman. He just has a cap hit of 7.1mil with 6 years left.

aBurmistrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Campbell is criminally underrated.

That said, this trade is awful for both teams. Atlanta has plenty of puck-movers already and I don't see Beach leaving Chicago anytime soon - too much promise.

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote