Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia

Mikhailov

Closed Thread

Old
05-25-2004, 02:17 AM
Slick Nick

vCash: 500
Mikhailov

I was told he's still alive, and I'm wondering why he isin't playing any role in the Russian Federation. He's by far my favorite CCCP player, an incredible goal scorer, a superbe passer and most definitly the biggest leader in russian hockey history. A real warrior!

Where is he??

Last edited by Slick Nick: 05-25-2004 at 02:22 AM.
Old
05-25-2004, 09:15 AM
Soyuz

He is most definitely still alive.

He was the head coach of CSKA Moscow for a while, and is currently the head coach of SKA St. Petersburg - a team that he coached for a long time in the 90s. He was also Team Russia's at the 2002 World Championships where they won silver for the first time in a while. He is not active now largely because of politics and because his approach doesn't work all too well with the new breed of rich players who don't have to hear him screaming all the time.

Old
05-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyuz
He is most definitely still alive.

He was the head coach of CSKA Moscow for a while, and is currently the head coach of SKA St. Petersburg - a team that he coached for a long time in the 90s. He was also Team Russia's at the 2002 World Championships where they won silver for the first time in a while. He is not active now largely because of politics and because his approach doesn't work all too well with the new breed of rich players who don't have to hear him screaming all the time.
Thanks Soyuz, this was an interesting read. I think I'd still like to see him behing the bench instead of Tikhonov.

Old
05-25-2004, 07:42 PM
MOGiLNY

Send a message via MSN to MOGiLNY
If Mikhailov has any dignity left, he's not gonna coach team Russia again unless Steblin is gone. The ****ing FHR embarassed him at the salt lake city and that wasn't nice.

Old
05-26-2004, 11:01 AM
wilka91*

Boris Mikhailov is the head coach of SKA St. Petersburg, a team that finished 14th out of 16 in the Russian superleague this season.

Closed Thread