HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

HC Lev Poprad

Old
07-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

vCash: 500
HC Lev Poprad

What do you (Russians, Latvians, Byelorussians, Kazakhs) think about this project. I am a supporter of club HC ŠKP Poprad that is playing in slovak Extraliga (Krotak is captain of this team ) and now i will watch on KHL games here . However it is czech team with international capital that will play (we can say) russian league in slovak town . And it is sure only for one season in Poprad . It is really nice example of globalization .

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 04:14 PM
IJKPrinciple

I, as a Russian currently residing in Prague and a big fan of KHL, RFPL and so on, can only say that it's great and exciting that the KHL managed to finally get beyond the borders of the former USSR, although I'm really disappointed at the Czech Ice Hockey Association's decision to not allow the club to play in Hradec this season. Poprad is a bit farther from Prague than Hradec, although if I really wanted to see some great teams like Ak Bars, SKA and mainly CSKA, a way to get there could be found.
Although I still hope they settle their differences after this season and move back to Hradec in 2011.
Good luck to KHL in the future concerning further expansion. If the IIHF can't get it right (Champions Hockey League), then this is the way to go.

IJKPrinciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 01:09 AM
Purple hippo

Agree with IJK, a little disappointed in Czech Federation but very happy that Slovakia approve and they have their club. I love the idea about the league going outside the former USSR but I do not want to see the league try and stretch any more than the Czech Republic. I am so interested to see how they put together this roster (assuming most Slovak/Czechs) and so interested to see how well the fans take to the KHL.

The only thing I really hope for is that Poland and Ukraine get national club in league and that Sweden, Finland, Germany set up their own European League. I would love to see these two European superpower leagues do battle, Finalists of KHL vs. Finalists of EHL.

Purple hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 02:28 AM
ModryJazyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenskaRiga View Post
Agree with IJK, a little disappointed in Czech Federation but very happy that Slovakia approve and they have their club. I love the idea about the league going outside the former USSR but I do not want to see the league try and stretch any more than the Czech Republic. I am so interested to see how they put together this roster (assuming most Slovak/Czechs) and so interested to see how well the fans take to the KHL.

The only thing I really hope for is that Poland and Ukraine get national club in league and that Sweden, Finland, Germany set up their own European League. I would love to see these two European superpower leagues do battle, Finalists of KHL vs. Finalists of EHL.
If Russia manage that KHL will be playing in EU in future, there will be no room for EHL existence.

ModryJazyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 03:03 AM
Purple hippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModryJazyk View Post
If Russia manage that KHL will be playing in EU in future, there will be no room for EHL existence.
I know but this is why I said I do not want to see KHL go any deeper into Europe and I hope they do not. I really hope that EHL is set up so the top two leagues can make for some interesting matches.

Purple hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 07:48 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

you can read articles about Lev at best slovak hockey web - www.webhokej24.sk

ice rink can be a reason why Poprad was chosen, more about it and slovak fans and their reactions
http://webhokej24.sk/index.php?optio...tare&Itemid=49

You can read also a prediction of webhokej24 about possible roster of Lev. Just prediction...analysis of market all around the world
http://webhokej24.sk/index.php?optio...alne&Itemid=47

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 01:10 PM
IJKPrinciple

Quote:

I might sound megalomaniac, but I have the opposite wish: So that KHL rules Europe
Although a European League would be nice, I'm too sceptical about it after the failure of the Champions League and the uncertainty of the European Trophy ever becoming a functional pan-European league.
Also KHL has to hurry before the NHL decides to create a foothold in Europe. After Poprad the main markets where new franchises are to be founded are obviously Sweden, Finland and also the Czech rep.

Old
07-19-2010, 04:27 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

Possible Roster

Although it is still not sure Lev will have permission of Slovak Ice Hockey Federation to join KHL i try to complete rumors from Slovakia :
In Slovakia and in Czech republic are a lot of players still without contract and in my opinion (according to rumors in Slovakia) Lev Poprad lines could be like this for 2010/2011 KHL season:

Forwards:
Satan - Vampola - Bartecko
Nagy - Petrovicky - Palffy
Kvapil - Bulik - Brendl
XXX - Pavlikovsky - Bednar
XXX

Defenders:
Suchy - Lintner
Platil - Kudelka
XXX - XXX
XXX

Goalkeepers:
Krizan
XXX

XXX = according to statements are canadians, russians or finns

Old
07-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post

ice rink can be a reason why Poprad was chosen, more about it and slovak fans and their reactions
http://webhokej24.sk/index.php?optio...tare&Itemid=49

You can read also a prediction of webhokej24 about possible roster of Lev. Just prediction...analysis of market all around the world
http://webhokej24.sk/index.php?optio...alne&Itemid=47
Thanks,
i heard about this web. Now i found there really good articles about Lev .

Old
07-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJKPrinciple View Post
I, as a Russian currently residing in Prague and a big fan of KHL, RFPL and so on, can only say that it's great and exciting that the KHL managed to finally get beyond the borders of the former USSR, although I'm really disappointed at the Czech Ice Hockey Association's decision to not allow the club to play in Hradec this season. Poprad is a bit farther from Prague than Hradec, although if I really wanted to see some great teams like Ak Bars, SKA and mainly CSKA, a way to get there could be found.
Although I still hope they settle their differences after this season and move back to Hradec in 2011.
Good luck to KHL in the future concerning further expansion. If the IIHF can't get it right (Champions Hockey League), then this is the way to go.
You know, in that case i do not want this project in Poprad. This is not good for us .

Old
07-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

Quote:

And this could be crossing for slovak club hockey: East or West. Lev is important point for the future of slovak hockey, because if northern europe (Sweden, Finland ...) and central europe (Czech republic, Germany, Switzerland, ...) will join together in the future, then Slovakia can be out of this.

Old
07-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

And here we have what a people from IIHF may think about this. It is not really optimistic .

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...ash=444f83fa9a

Old
07-20-2010, 03:55 AM
alko

Quote:
ajajaj, to say, that is the best ice hockey web in Slovakia....

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
I hate this move, as it will only dilute the Extraliga, and Lev will do nothing to improve the youth facilities for young players in Slovakia.

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 10:03 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak fan View Post
And this could be crossing for slovak club hockey: East or West. Lev is important point for the future of slovak hockey, because if northern europe (Sweden, Finland ...) and central europe (Czech republic, Germany, Switzerland, ...) will join together in the future, then Slovakia can be out of this.
I doubt that Lev will play longer than one season in SVK. But yeah, this is one of the main reasons why I´d prefer they´d stay behind our eastern borders.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
ajajaj, to say, that is the best ice hockey web in Slovakia....
Even more so when it´s comming from someone who actually writes articles for webhokej.....

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:01 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak fan View Post
Thanks,
i heard about this web. Now i found there really good articles about Lev .

Old
07-20-2010, 03:39 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Even more so when it´s comming from someone who actually writes articles for webhokej.....
your fantasy is very well I am a fan not reporter, and I will never be a reporter so funny statement from you

Old
07-20-2010, 03:57 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
your fantasy is very well I am a fan not reporter, and I will never be a reporter so funny statement from you
So, you want to claim that you´ve NEVER written even one article for that website? Not even about the KHL? That´s even funnier in my opinion.

However the fact is that the majority of Slovak hockey fans wouldn´t agree about webhokej being the best. Last time I checked that the criteria for that still is the popularity between fans. Sure they bring interesting articles and about some things that other websites don´t cover, but they´re still a minor website compared to hokejportal.sk for example.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:03 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
So, you want to claim that you´ve NEVER written even one article for that website? Not even about the KHL? That´s even funnier in my opinion.
NEVER, right

Quote:
However the fact is that the majority of Slovak hockey fans wouldn´t agree about webhokej being the best. Last time I checked that the criteria for that still is the popularity between fans. Sure they bring interesting articles and about some things that other websites don´t cover, but they´re still a minor website compared to hokejportal.sk for example.

Old
07-21-2010, 07:46 AM
Morp7eus

Morp7eus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 08:47 AM
zorz

What do you think will happen if slovakian clubs will reject this project tomorrow? Lev will play against will of SZLH? KHL already released it's schedule, so it could be interesting next few days.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:48 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
What do you think will happen if slovakian clubs will reject this project tomorrow? Lev will play against will of SZLH? KHL already released it's schedule, so it could be interesting next few days.
lol, at this point it'd be humorous

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
God knows!
However at the moment it is 1:1, because Poprad is for it and Slovan is against. Who knows, what decision will make next 8 teams of Extraliga???

Old
07-22-2010, 12:18 PM
IJKPrinciple

New developments regarding Lev:
Today, 22 July, the representatives of the Slovak extraliga had a meeting regarding Lev, however they couldn't reach a consensus regarding the issue of the Lev Poprad team. A written statement regarding Lev will be published by the extraliga representatives tomorrow, on Friday.

A reminder: Representatives of extraliga and the Slovak Hockey Federation is not the same thing, representatives of extraliga cannot decide whether Lev will have the permission to play KHL or not, they don't have the authority for that, however they can persuade the Slovak Federation, which has to give permission to Lev to play.

There's an alleged leakage of info regarding the Slovak Ice Hockey Federation's opinion on giving Lev a green light or not:
According to Jaroslav Veverka, the chairman of the board of directors of KLH Chomutov (a Czech ice hockey club currently playing in the second tier Czech league) he had seen a written permission signed by the Slovak Federation for the Lev team, he said this during an interview to the web portal hokej.cz
However this cannot be verified and we have to wait until Monday when the Slovak Federation has an urgent meeting and gives a verdict about the Lev team.
Also how come Veverka of Chomutov team (allegedly) has insider info on the issue? Because the current Chomutov team's coach might become the coach of Lev in the upcoming season.

Old
07-23-2010, 09:09 AM
IJKPrinciple

Pro-Hokej (alias extraliga representatives), the company that controls the Slovak Extraliga, announced today that they agree with Lev to participate in the KHL, although only for one year.

The Slovak Hockey Federation will announce their decision regarding Lev on Monday and IMHO in the current situation it's unimaginable they wouldn't give Lev a green light, since everyone else agrees: Pro-Hokej, IIHF, KHL, Russian Hockey Federation