HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

HC Lev Poprad

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2011, 12:05 PM
  #76
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
That is interesting...
not....

cska78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 02:53 PM
  #77
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
not....
You did not understand me. I can imagine how Poprad could play in MHL. From my point of view it is imposible. I can not imagine it. Not real for me.

Interesting means (in context) how the hell they want to do this?

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 07:11 AM
  #78
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
i can much easier imagine poprad in MHL than KHL.

cska78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 12:56 PM
  #79
Krotak
is the Legend
 
Krotak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 582
vCash: 500
Quote:
not....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
i can much easier imagine poprad in MHL than KHL.
What, schizophrenia issues?

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 01:07 PM
  #80
Krotak
is the Legend
 
Krotak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 582
vCash: 500
Welcome to Poprad

Welcome to Poprad


KHL celebrities' support for HC Lev Poprad


Interview with Július Šupler (head coach of Dinamo Riga) created in Poprad

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 03:34 PM
  #81
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
i can much easier imagine poprad in MHL than KHL.
VHL actually. Bratislava should have been granted the franchise; Poprad is more suited for VHL or MHL hockey.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 04:07 PM
  #82
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
VHL actually. Bratislava should have been granted the franchise; Poprad is more suited for VHL or MHL hockey.
I will try to explain it... my point of view

1 IMHO Lev management is in close relationship with a guy who owns Aquacity Poprad - Mr Telensky. According to official register of body corporations LEV Poprad sro is succesor of Rádio Tatry International, s.r.o. which owner was Mr Telensky. LEV Poprad had to do this to get permition from Slovak federation to play KHL. LEV had to be registered in Slovakia as body corporation. When we remembered LEV Hradec Kralove and last summer, main problem why Slovak federation did not allow LEV to play KHL was, that they were not registered in Slovakia. Now, they are. I hope I explain good enough you to understand.

2 So, Aqaucity Poprad is sponsor of Lev. I think that Aqaucity considers that its hotels will be used by KHL teams. Plus russian fans will visit Aqaucity. It is more money for them.

3IMHO Lev´s future sponsors are financing HC Poprad, team in Slovak senior league. They are 2nd right now. There is very good foreigner for our conditions (Emil Lundberg)
There played Bartecko, Nagy until december. And most important, HC Poprad had financial problems in last summer, so it is suprised that HC Poprad is so good, with so good players. Or it is not suprise? Guys, it is just my opinion, I dont know it for sure.

4 Consider all connections mentioned above. Bratislava cant be a place where HC LEV will play. I know there is new arena in Bratislava but all Lev´s sponsors (or main people in background) are connected with Poprad. And next problem, Slovan Bratislava would not allow LEV Poprad to play in Bratislava, I am confident about it. It is like Maple Leafs play home matches in Ottawa or so. :c098: But there is Siroky... rumours.. who knows the truth?

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 04:15 PM
  #83
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,979
vCash: 500
Considering all of the above, Lev Poprad would be like another Yugra, finance-wise.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:09 PM
  #84
yunost
Registered User
 
yunost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Personally I dont see the problem.

The Slovakian club had expressed interest, and consistently for two years took all necessary steps.
They are a well organized club with financial backing and a strong desire to compete at a high level.

They seem to be in a nice city and a good place for hockey players and fans to be.
Poprad is 50-60 km away from Bratislava and Slovakia is a fairly small country so anyone who desires can come to this location by car.
It is not necessary to be a megapolis or capital to sustain a club. Many nordic clubs have similar populations.

Also, it is not important to try to sign Slovan up right now. If they like the progress and performance of Poprad, they are welcome to follow the same steps and join, as I honestly believe some Slovakian and Czech teams will.

Over time there will also be better and more interesting competition.
For example if there will be 2 teams from SK and 2 from CZ, they could make up a substantial portion of a division and it will be more relevant end exciting for the home fans to watch.

I think this is a positive step in the KHL

yunost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:18 PM
  #85
Krotak
is the Legend
 
Krotak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunost View Post
Personally I dont see the problem.

The Slovakian club had expressed interest, and consistently for two years took all necessary steps.
They are a well organized club with financial backing and a strong desire to compete at a high level.

They seem to be in a nice city and a good place for hockey players and fans to be.
Poprad is 50-60 km away from Bratislava and Slovakia is a fairly small country so anyone who desires can come to this location by car.
It is not necessary to be a megapolis or capital to sustain a club. Many nordic clubs have similar populations.

Also, it is not important to try to sign Slovan up right now. If they like the progress and performance of Poprad, they are welcome to follow the same steps and join, as I honestly believe some Slovakian and Czech teams will.

Over time there will also be better and more interesting competition.
For example if there will be 2 teams from SK and 2 from CZ, they could make up a substantial portion of a division and it will be more relevant end exciting for the home fans to watch.

I think this is a positive step in the KHL
Sorry man, but we aren't so small country Exact distance of Poprad away from Bratislava is 327 km.

Anyway, I agree with you ...

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:47 PM
  #86
yunost
Registered User
 
yunost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak View Post
Sorry man, but we aren't so small country Exact distance of Poprad away from Bratislava is 327 km.

Anyway, I agree with you ...
Thats embarassing
I havent actually looked at the geography and my guesstimate is way off.

I just looked at the map though, and thats seems to be the farthest possible city anyway, Im sure lots of other fans could arrange to go there.

I spent a significant time in the Netherlands and that country seems to have a similar size range to Slovakia. Im not sure if the transportation is as sophisticated, but in NL, it is absolutely no problem to travel 50 or 25% of the country to go somewhere. They use trains.
Bratislava is like 75% of the country away, so yes thats pushing it. But still, there should be some acceptable radius for fans.

yunost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:02 PM
  #87
ozo
Moderator
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunost View Post
Thats embarassing
I havent actually looked at the geography and my guesstimate is way off.

I just looked at the map though, and thats seems to be the farthest possible city anyway, Im sure lots of other fans could arrange to go there.

I spent a significant time in the Netherlands and that country seems to have a similar size range to Slovakia. Im not sure if the transportation is as sophisticated, but in NL, it is absolutely no problem to travel 50 or 25% of the country to go somewhere. They use trains.
Bratislava is like 75% of the country away, so yes thats pushing it. But still, there should be some acceptable radius for fans.
Hard to imagine usual rival city hockey fans watching Lev playing. Easier to think some neutrals would turn the TV on if there's a game on. Will Lev's games have any TV coverage?

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:53 PM
  #88
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,979
vCash: 500
Then, can Poprad use its Slovak Extraliga team as a farm team for its KHL team?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 12:57 AM
  #89
SvenskaRiga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Then, can Poprad use its Slovak Extraliga team as a farm team for its KHL team?
If they so wish to set up an agreement with each other, I am sure their Extraliga counterpart would want restrictions much like Liepājas Metalurgs does with Dinamo Riga.

SvenskaRiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 02:57 AM
  #90
Krotak
is the Legend
 
Krotak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunost View Post
Thats embarassing
I havent actually looked at the geography and my guesstimate is way off.

I just looked at the map though, and thats seems to be the farthest possible city anyway, Im sure lots of other fans could arrange to go there.

I spent a significant time in the Netherlands and that country seems to have a similar size range to Slovakia. Im not sure if the transportation is as sophisticated, but in NL, it is absolutely no problem to travel 50 or 25% of the country to go somewhere. They use trains.
Bratislava is like 75% of the country away, so yes thats pushing it. But still, there should be some acceptable radius for fans.
You know, maybe the size of Netherlands and Slovakia is similar, but in fact you can't compare this 2 countries. Slovakia is mountainous country and Bratislava is situated eccentrically.

By the way, I wrote a transport distance of Poprad from Bratislava, so on the map it can look closer.

Don't worry. Even today there's acceptable radius for fans of Poprad. E.g. I'm an old fan of HC ŠKP Poprad (today HK Poprad) and I live 47 km away from Poprad.

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 03:12 AM
  #91
Krotak
is the Legend
 
Krotak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Hard to imagine usual rival city hockey fans watching Lev playing. Easier to think some neutrals would turn the TV on if there's a game on. Will Lev's games have any TV coverage?
I don't think it's hard to imagine rival fans to support Lev. It's a new club, not an old Poprad. A lot of people from different parts of Slovakia and even from Czech republic will support Lev, they proclaim it on Slovak hockey forums. You know, people just wanna see the best players from Europe - especially Slovaks and Czechs.

I don't think TV coverage would be a problem. There's a public STV (Although nowadays is indebted), Sport 1, Sport 2, and Digi Sport channels in Slovakia and next clearly Czech channels like ČT 4 and Nova Sport. No doubt some TV will broadcast the games of Lev ...

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 03:23 AM
  #92
Krotak
is the Legend
 
Krotak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Then, can Poprad use its Slovak Extraliga team as a farm team for its KHL team?
I think, it already happens at present.
E.g. Radoslav Suchý, former NHL player and winner of Victoria cup with Zurich ZSC Lions play for HK Poprad and he stated he would play for Lev Poprad a few days ago. And there are next players, that could play for Lev - Emil Lundberg, maybe (at the moment he's not the best ) Kyle Wanvig, Brandon Rogers, at the beginning of the season Luboš Bartečko and Ladislav Nagy played for HK Poprad ...

Lev is one of the HK Poprad sponsors this season ...

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 05:09 AM
  #93
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,318
vCash: 500
I prefere some private TV to broadcast Lev´s matches. It is all Tv which Krotak wrote, except STV and CT4.

I dont think that it will be problem to sell out a game. There should be an euphoria at the beginning of season (september, october). So people shoul come from everywhere as Krotak wrote. I would add Poland... maybe, who knows? When we look at november and especially december - time of holiday, skiing - I suppose that there are some people from abroad (Russian etc) in Poprad/ Tatra´s - so some of them may visit a game.
My russian friend give me an info that many people from his town (Petersbourg) would come to Poprad. And you know Poprad and SKA should be at the same division, so most matches. Then january/february - january is time of holiday. February is time when regular season ends. So people should come. And maybe play-off.. who would not see play-off?

I am not afraid about attendance.


Last edited by vorky: 02-17-2011 at 05:16 AM.
vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 11:16 AM
  #94
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak View Post
I think, it already happens at present.
E.g. Radoslav Suchý, former NHL player and winner of Victoria cup with Zurich ZSC Lions play for HK Poprad and he stated he would play for Lev Poprad a few days ago. And there are next players, that could play for Lev - Emil Lundberg, maybe (at the moment he's not the best ) Kyle Wanvig, Brandon Rogers, at the beginning of the season Luboš Bartečko and Ladislav Nagy played for HK Poprad ...

Lev is one of the HK Poprad sponsors this season ...
Good, Poprad already has a set of players willing to play. Maybe, to see players play at the highest level of hockey right there in their backyard would help motivate young players who would, one day, play for Poprad!

But I think Vityaz can be relegated to the VHL so Poprad can play. (Kiev will play as well)

On the topic of farm teams for Poprad. Yes, I know Liepaja Metalurgs can only have 5 players that are Riga call-downs. But the Belarusian Extraleague is not even at the level of the VHL, while the Slovak Extraliga is roughly at a VHL level.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 12:31 PM
  #95
ozo
Moderator
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Good, Poprad already has a set of players willing to play. Maybe, to see players play at the highest level of hockey right there in their backyard would help motivate young players who would, one day, play for Poprad!

But I think Vityaz can be relegated to the VHL so Poprad can play. (Kiev will play as well)

On the topic of farm teams for Poprad. Yes, I know Liepaja Metalurgs can only have 5 players that are Riga call-downs. But the Belarusian Extraleague is not even at the level of the VHL, while the Slovak Extraliga is roughly at a VHL level.
You are quite clearly overrating VHL.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 12:44 PM
  #96
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Good, Poprad already has a set of players willing to play. Maybe, to see players play at the highest level of hockey right there in their backyard would help motivate young players who would, one day, play for Poprad!

But I think Vityaz can be relegated to the VHL so Poprad can play. (Kiev will play as well)

On the topic of farm teams for Poprad. Yes, I know Liepaja Metalurgs can only have 5 players that are Riga call-downs. But the Belarusian Extraleague is not even at the level of the VHL, while the Slovak Extraliga is roughly at a VHL level.
I don't think there will be a team in Kiev...why are u so s ure?

cska78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 06:37 PM
  #97
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I don't think there will be a team in Kiev...why are u so s ure?
1. Kiev postponed its KHL debut because of rink work (but they appear to have scraped the money together to start playing next season)

2. The VHL is supposed to be at a similar level to the AHL

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 06:41 PM
  #98
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
2. The VHL is supposed to be at a similar level to the AHL
are you sure?

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:52 PM
  #99
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
are you sure?
Lower-half AHL to be honest.

I think Poprad (in Slovak Extraliga) would be competitive in the VHL, with the current roster.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 10:50 AM
  #100
Krotak
is the Legend
 
Krotak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 582
vCash: 500
The city of Poprad leased The Poprad hockey stadium for HC Lev. However there are conditions, HC Lev has to fulfill:
1. to 15. May 2011 - the club HC Lev has to be registrated as KHL club.
2. to 31. December 2011 - the club HC Lev has to build a new ice rink (traning hall) at their own expense, that will be situated next to The Poprad hockey stadium.

http://translate.google.sk/translate...hliadnite_ZLTE

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Š2014 All Rights Reserved.