Notices

Which three would you pick?

Closed Thread

Old
05-25-2004, 08:28 AM
glenjackson

vCash: 500
Which three would you pick?

Let's say our world is nothing more than a snow globe and a child shakes it up occasionally and things change, including June 26, 2004 when the child gives us a good shake. As a result, the Entry Draft is affected and the Wild end up with the 4th through 6th picks in the opening round, and DR and you switch lives...

The draft begins and the first three picks are:
1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Tukonen (that's the top 3 according to ISS)
Wild are on the clock now, and you're the GM.

What names do you fill in next, and why?

and a bonus question for those that want to play along, another quick jolt suddenly gives the Wild 7th and 8th too (no way they can mess this draft up now
Who do you pick?

Last edited by glenjackson: 05-25-2004 at 12:29 PM.
Old
05-25-2004, 09:54 AM
ceber

I think I'd take Barker, Olesz, and Radulov.

Barker because everyone seems to have him way up there (), and I wouldn't mind seeing a top-end D prospect.
Olesz because he seems like a safer-bet offensive talent, plus I like getting a center.
And Radulov because he sounds like a gamble. Possible attitude issues with big offensive upside? With so many top picks I have to have at least one lottery-ticket style pick.

7th and 8th I'd probably go Ladd, because he sounds like a good, big forward, and the homer pick, Thelen. Just can't resist a good homer pick.

'Course, that's almost random guessing on my part, since I can't remember really seeing any of those guys.

Old
05-25-2004, 03:50 PM
glenjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
I think I'd take Barker, Olesz, and Radulov.
7th and 8th I'd probably go Ladd, because he sounds like a good, big forward, and the homer pick, Thelen. Just can't resist a good homer pick.

'Course, that's almost random guessing on my part, since I can't remember really seeing any of those guys.
Well, might be guessing to you but they all look good to me.

Mine would be:
4. Olesz - for sure, he's looked impressive at the tournaments I've seen on TV and with his high rankings seems like a no brainer to go between 4th and 8th
5. Ladd - I haven't seen him play but going based on what's been said about him, and that he's the #1 NA skater by CSS, and he's LW, seems like a safe pick.
6. Barker - Sure wouldn't hurt to have another defensive prospect with good upside.
7. Schremp - reunite Sully and Schremp as teamates, two of the most skilled young American players around IMO. He has the potential to be a star.
8. Even though the Wild don't need a goalie, since we had five picks I'd be tempted to take Schwarz or Montoya and then reshuffle the goaltending depth, maybe trade Kettles away or something. If not, trade down 6 or 7 spots and then try for Bolland, Stafford, Wolski, Meszaros, Radulov or heck, even trade down then take one of those goalies, probably in that order.

I guess what I was trying to get what with this question was to find out what you guys would like to see the Wild make a priority in this draft. Maybe should have done it from 10th-14th

Old
05-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Wild Bill

I think it is a two man race between Olesz and Barker, with Barker being the favorite. You can never have too many scoring forwards with top 6 potential that Olesz possesses, but I'd say that we are way too thin defensively, prospect-wise and Barker has PP-QB written all over him. His offense would be a welcome sight on our blue-line.

Probably still too early for Ladd or Schremp with the afformentioned still available IMO.

Old
05-26-2004, 12:00 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Barker, Olesz, Ladd, Stafford, Radulov, Schremp

Old
05-26-2004, 04:31 PM
DW

Olesz, Barker, Ladd, Thelen, and Schwarz. I'd rather have Tukonen then the last 3 on my list. I'm not sure about taking him ahead of Olesz and Barker. Geez, look at that list, the first line is set for the next ten years. Not that one of those guys will not fail, but certainly not all of them.

It's kind of hard to really have any clue on how some of these guys can actually play being I live outside of first hand knowledge of all of them.

Barker and Thelen seem destined to be top flight Dmen, maybe not HOF'ers but better then more then a few. I've seen Montoya and Schwarz, and I think I'd rather have Schwarz (very limited viewing by the way) Olesz is getting a rep from fans that he will drop, but he's been rated highly for more then part of a season.(wouldn't mind that drop to #12) Ladd is strictly on rep from posters/stories and the like.

Old
05-27-2004, 11:20 AM
jt2004

4. Barker
5. Ladd
6. Olesz

Closed Thread