HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver - New Jersey

Old
07-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
I think Bieksa would compliment the Devils current defense very well.

What would Vancouver want? I mean in general terms...Could a pick and prospect get it done? A roster player?
Ideally we want a strong, cheap, bottom sixer and if possible a pick/prospect pick to go with that. Personally I'd be happy with just the strong cheap bottom sixer, provided that it's the right guy.

This is our roster:

Sedin - Sedin - Samuelsson/Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Hodgson/Samuelsson
Burrows/Hodgson - Malhotra - [X]/Hansen
Hansen/Bolduc - [X]/Bolduc - Oreskovich
Glass, Rypien, Hordichuk

Ballard - Ehrhoff
Edler - Hamhuis
O'Brien - Salo
Rome

Luongo
Schneider

We MIGHT be able to get by without anything else, but ideally, we want to upgrade at least one of the [X]s with good players for those roles. Basically an upgrade on Hansen or Bolduc. If it's a 4th line center, we want a guy who's gritty and defensively strong enough that the line isn't a liability. We can only afford to give the guy in the offer around 1-1.5 mil.

I don't think we're asking for a lot for a #4 defenseman, to be honest.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 07-18-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Here's a better and more realistic scenario, IMO.

Lou walks away from Fraser at arbitration. Guy is eminently replacable and besides, NJD has a boatload of dmen (of all varieties: good, mediocre and rookies) who will be competing for spots, as is.

Salvador, I'm guessing, is going to be a situation that does not play itself out for months. Why is any team on July 18th going to take on a multi (2) year deal of more than $2 mil, for a highly ordinary dman? Perhaps coming out of camp, or into the season, a contender (LA? SJ?) might want to add experienced depth to its 5-7 D spots (a la Sopel on the Hawks) and take on Salvador. But even then, it's very iffy.

Unless he retains his roster spot on NJD, Salvador may be a contract that Lou has to eat.

Last edited by Trottier: 07-18-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 03:13 PM
gonnaneedsomewine

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Devils View Post
good for you
Herb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I would not. Langenbrunner is a 60 point forward who makes $2.8 M (a bargain), and he's our captain. He's also our only real top 6 RW (unless Tedenby makes the team as a RW), because Clarkson and Zubrus really aren't top 6 guys, although they can play there effectively sometimes.
Parise, Elias, Clarkson, Rolston, Zubrus, Zharkov, Tedenby, Pelley, Palmieri, Davis, etc. The Devils have a ton of people who can play winger. Parise, Elias, Clarkson, Zubrus are all capable of playing in the top 6. Tedenby could be too. I don't believe that all these guys are limited to one side of the ice either. I think a lot of them could play either wing if asked to. He's not a good leader and I hope he isn't re-signed after his contract is up. That's why I'd deal him for defensive help.

gonnaneedsomewine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 03:20 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
Ideally we want a strong, cheap, bottom sixer and if possible a pick/prospect pick to go with that. Personally I'd be happy with just the strong cheap bottom sixer, provided that it's the right guy.

This is our roster:

Sedin - Sedin - Samuelsson/Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Hodgson/Samuelsson
Burrows/Hodgson - Malhotra - [X]/Hansen
Hansen/Bolduc - [X]/Bolduc - Oreskovich
Glass, Rypien, Hordichuk

Ballard - Ehrhoff
Edler - Hamhuis
O'Brien - Salo
Rome

Luongo
Schneider

We MIGHT be able to get by without anything else, but ideally, we want to upgrade at least one of the [X]s with good players for those roles. Basically an upgrade on Hansen or Bolduc. If it's a 4th line center, we want a guy who's gritty and defensively strong enough that the line isn't a liability. We can only afford to give the guy in the offer around 1-1.5 mil.

I don't think we're asking for a lot for a #4 defenseman, to be honest.
Since when has Hansen become the odd man out for the Bottom 6?
The guy has great wheels, the tools, n the lunch pail mentality. I understand not being signed hurts his roster spot chances, but still, he won't get over 1 million. N can still improve to a 20 20 guy.
Given a full opperntunity to play an impact role on the Canucks, I think Hansen has a great chance at being a shut down forward with offensive potential.

But back to the trade, if we could get Fraser n a 2nd, conditional 5th is Fraser ends up out of our price range n walks away after arbitration?

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Gorge Canuck

Quote:

What would Vancouver want? I mean in general terms...Could a pick and prospect get it done? A roster player?
I think his value is very hard for us to predict, I think that is why there have been constant proposals and rumours around him.

Gorge Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 04:35 PM
arsmaster

at the very least a 2nd rounder and a "B+" prospect....Eric Gelinas, Jon Merrill, or something like that.

I dont really seen much more in the prospect pool on NJ that Vancouver would want other than the supposed untouchable of Josefson, Tedenby etc.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 04:43 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
at the very least a 2nd rounder and a "B+" prospect....Eric Gelinas, Jon Merrill, or something like that.

I dont really seen much more in the prospect pool on NJ that Vancouver would want other than the supposed untouchable of Josefson, Tedenby etc.
Most of us Nuck fans are trying to be realistic in our Bieksa demands, but if you'd be willing to give
Nah you've basically got it down pat, a 2nd n E Gelinas wouldn't be something I balk at.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:

My guess is that Gillis is looking for a top 9 forward making less than $1.5M. Many of the Canucks' forwards had career offensive seasons last year and it would be foolish IMO for Gillis to go into the season expecting them to match or better those seasons. Adding a gritty winger capable of 35+ points should be a priority at this point.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 09:12 PM
denkiteki

Quote:

Bieksa's market value and actual value seems to be 2 different thing. Its no secret that there's a shortage of top 4 PMD on the market right now, which makes Bieksa's market value higher than his actual value.

As a min, i think all 'nucks fan are expecting at least 2 things:
a) a 2nd round pick or a prospect that is roughly equal to a 2nd round pick
b) a proven bottom 6 player that still has something left to offer or a very solid bottom 6 prospect who has little NHL experience or at the very least looks likely ready to be in the NHL next year

Also note the return salary is expected to be less than 2 mil if the package is just for Bieksa as it serves the 'nucks no good to trade Bieksa without clearing enough cap space to sign Raymond. The 'nucks might be willing to take on some salary to bury depending on the deal but not a crazy contract to bury.

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 01:31 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
The guy has great wheels, the tools, n the lunch pail mentality. I understand not being signed hurts his roster spot chances, but still, he won't get over 1 million. N can still improve to a 20 20 guy.
Given a full opperntunity to play an impact role on the Canucks, I think Hansen has a great chance at being a shut down forward with offensive potential.

But back to the trade, if we could get Fraser n a 2nd, conditional 5th is Fraser ends up out of our price range n walks away after arbitration?
Where in my post did you get that I didn't like what Hansen brought? The problem is the 4th line. You could either replace the 4th line center directly, or have enough strong 3rd line guys to drop Hansen down and have him carry it into respectability.

But now that you did mention it, it WOULD be a bit risky to play both Hodgson AND Hansen on a 3rd line full-time. I would be okay with Burrows-Malhotra-Hansen and Raymond-Kesler-Hodgson, though, but there's no guarantee Hodgson jumps that high up the roster.

We're also a bit greedy and want Hansen down there to turn it into an absolutely awesome 4th line, too.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Here's a better and more realistic scenario, IMO.

Lou walks away from Fraser at arbitration. Guy is eminently replacable and besides, NJD has a boatload of dmen (of all varieties: good, mediocre and rookies) who will be competing for spots, as is.

Salvador, I'm guessing, is going to be a situation that does not play itself out for months. Why is any team on July 18th going to take on a multi (2) year deal of more than $2 mil, for a highly ordinary dman? Perhaps coming out of camp, or into the season, a contender (LA? SJ?) might want to add experienced depth to its 5-7 D spots (a la Sopel on the Hawks) and take on Salvador. But even then, it's very iffy.

Unless he retains his roster spot on NJD, Salvador may be a contract that Lou has to eat.
If Salvador does get traded, it probably won't be until January. I doubt Lou trades him before knowing what he's got on an NHL level with the kids.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 02:16 PM
LostMyGlasses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post

Are you Hansen's mother? My god any word of realism used in reference to Hansen is immediately followed by people's overreactions.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 02:21 PM
IKEA

Quote:

if i was MG, i'd ask for a 3L/4L player, prospect + pick
i really like the washington proposal on here

IKEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Wildcarder

This is impractical now with the Kovalchuk signing. Both teams need to shed salary.

Wildcarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 02:47 PM
ronthecivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcarder View Post
This is impractical now with the Kovalchuk signing. Both teams need to shed salary.
Depending on what they send our way we can take some salary back and simply pay it play in Manitoba. For a premium of course. My expensive as hell tickets can certainly afford it.

ronthecivil is offline   Reply With Quote