HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge VIII

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Defgarden

vCash: 500
When I got my tonsils taken out at age 3, the doctor told me he was going to turn me into one of those ginger roots that look like people. I cried.

Old
08-13-2010, 06:25 PM
The Hegemony Consul
Serial Ruminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Almost, I have 10 internal HD, I overclock my Quad 2.4 GHz processor to 3.0 GHz and I started to have some issues when running video intensive applications.

Now everything is running much cooler with no issues.

Plus I wanted to make sure that everything will run smoothly when Civilization V comes out.
Wow, 10 hard drives in one (overclocked) system; going to at least 1000W definately makes sense for a setup like that.

And btw, I can empathize: a (I'd like to think, "small") part of why I put new guts in my rig a few months back was so that I could play "Dawn of War II" with no hiccups...oh, and Windows 2011/Office 2010, of course...

Old
08-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

I think we should try and acquire some Oiler or Leaf players. Apparently, they're the best players that you could possibly find, if you're not worried about finishing in the bottom on the league.

The **** cracks me up. Most Leaf fans are so deluded that they think Bozak, Grabvoski, and Kadri can lead them to the playoffs next year. Seriously, that's like the worst starting group of centers that I've seen in a long time. Like, expansion team bad.

Old
08-14-2010, 02:52 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Why is Heidi Androl on Strikeforce? Did the Kings fire her or does she need some offseason work?

Old
08-14-2010, 04:50 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Beautiful contemporary dance, about being stabbed in the back by a "best friend."

Last edited by Cruel11: 08-14-2010 at 04:57 AM.
Old
08-14-2010, 10:42 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
yup I think im actually more worried about the recovery, I just gotta be careful because I have heard horror stories about dry socket.
Just remember Vicodin and a shot or two of alcohol are your friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
Ok, teeth pulling stories. I had one of my wisdom teeth pulled earlier this year. The novacaine did not take, but he had already started. Because of the the anistesioligist (sp) had already gone home they could not gas me. And because he had already started he coulded stop until Monday. So the dentist pulled my tooth with no pain killers. He would struggle a bit with it until I needed a rest from the pain and then start up again. The longest 15 minutes of my life. My heart would start racing every time he was working on it. I told the dentist afterward that I was a hockey fan and that I remembered Marty McSorley pulling his own tooth between periods one game. I am not that tough.

Do you really want to get me started on this topic. I've had teeth knocked out from sticks and pucks, and the roots then pulled while I had my mouth all stitched up inside. Teeth pulled, impacted bicuspids and wisdom teeth sawed out, more teeth removedand a lovely procedure (IIRC its an apectotomy) where they remove old silverpoints (which caused an abcess) from old root canals by going thru the gums. That is by far the worst. No amount of novocaine would help. The infection counteracts the effectiveness of the anestetic and they kept shooting me, 19, yes nineteen seperate shots, and it is still to this day the most pain I have ever experienced in my life.

Quote:
There is a limit on how much they can give a person. I was a little numb at first but it wore off quickly. Since they had already started pulling the denist felt that if they did not finish it could get bad if left until Monday. He said afterward that that was the most pain he had ever given anyone. I would like to say I was tough but it hurt as much as when I broke my leg, but not for as long. The root was very long and he basicly just broke it to pieces as he pulled. The sound was almost as bad as the pain. Every time it got too much I raised my hand to make him stop. He gave me vicadin after and the pain was mostly gone by the time I went to sleep that night. That was over a year ago and I have not been back to the dentist since. I am going to go 6 month lol visit soon.
Well, thats not really true. I dont know why they didnt give you more. Maybe he was trying to save on his costs. They can shoot into the nerve and do whats called a nerve block. the only thing that really imp[acts the effectiveness of the novocaine is an infection (the infection is acidic and the novocaine is basic, or vice versa, and they tend to counteract each other) which is why teeth that have to be worked on in the presence of an abcess are so ******* painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Thanks for all of the wisdom teeth horror stories...I've got all four plus four teeth to be removed. Yay!
No problem. Call anytime, I've got lots more stories like those.

Old
08-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Had a nightmare that we re-signed Jones. He looked heavy and wasn't able to skate at all. It was really scary.

Old
08-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Reaper45

My friend posted this on facebook. How long until it's an Olympic sport?

Old
08-16-2010, 11:51 PM
Shellz

I watched my best friends house get demolished today. We had so many memories in that house when we were younger. To see it come down so fast was unbelievable. It's just a pile of crap now.

They had to take it down because they are expanding highway 46.

Old
08-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Defgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post

I'm still waiting for the IOC to indoctrinate horseshoes as a sport. Each country could sport their national beer as a counter-weight.

Old
08-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Defgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I watched my best friends house get demolished today. We had so many memories in that house when we were younger. To see it come down so fast was unbelievable. It's just a pile of crap now.

Eminent domain? Did they at least get a fair price for it? Seems like cities and counties are ramping up their ED efforts (uh huh huh) now that property values took a dump.

Last edited by Defgarden: 08-17-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: I can't spell
Old
08-17-2010, 10:44 AM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post

I believe, James Dean died on route 46 in the area known as Blood Alley.
Many of these East/ West two lane hwys in Calif have many deaths.

Old
08-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Where are the cat people at??

Found a kitten in my backyard last night. I heard it crying for about a day, thinking it was just nothing. I fed him and made him a bed in a shoe box, and I put him outside on the table in the gazebo. He was on the ground in the morning. I thought he died, until he started crying. I think his mom put him there. He seems like a couple of days old because his eyes are closed (not a cat expert) Should I still take him to the animal shelter, even if he might have a mom or not?

Old
08-17-2010, 01:40 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
I believe, James Dean died on route 46 in the area known as Blood Alley.
Many of these East/ West two lane hwys in Calif have many deaths.
Its was called US Highway 466 then (and it became State Route 46 sometime after)
and the accident, which was NOT HIS FAULT happened right where it intersects with Hwy 41.

Old
08-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Its was called US Highway 466 then (and it became State Route 46 sometime after)
and the accident, which was NOT HIS FAULT happened right where it intersects with Hwy 41.
I travel through there all the time on my way to Paso Robles for my WWII re-enacting. It's fine during the day but it can get scary at night.

Old
08-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I just came back from Mammoth down the 395. Some people got killed on that about a week ago.

I too woke up during my wisdom teeth pulling. I had all 4 removed at the same time as all of them were impacted. None of them were even out of the skin. I was glad to get that over. I was getting massive headaches for about 6 months until I finally had them pulled (this was about 10 years ago).

On a sidenote, I came up with a name for a cosmetic dentists office while on my long drive this past weekend. West Coast Chompers! I also came up with the idea of putting a Putt Putt golf course in the middle of the desert and building a housing tract around it like a country club. I'm pulling the capital together right now.

Old
08-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I just came back from Mammoth down the 395. Some people got killed on that about a week ago.

I too woke up during my wisdom teeth pulling. I had all 4 removed at the same time as all of them were impacted. None of them were even out of the skin. I was glad to get that over. I was getting massive headaches for about 6 months until I finally had them pulled (this was about 10 years ago).

On a sidenote, I came up with a name for a cosmetic dentists office. West Coast Chompers!
Could I get a custom grill?

Old
08-17-2010, 03:38 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
I travel through there all the time on my way to Paso Robles for my WWII re-enacting. It's fine during the day but it can get scary at night.
I work off Hwy 74, Ortega Hwy, and when I started here the road was closed often for a mojor accident. And same thing. During the day when it is too crowded for people to be stupid it is pretty safe. It gets dangerous when people try and pass. Many a Monday there is a motorcycle wedged in a guardrail.

Old
08-17-2010, 03:38 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
For those of you that remember Laugh-In, (in my best comedic German accent): Very interesting!!!

Old
08-17-2010, 03:42 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Could I get a custom grill?
No problem, just come over when Jr. and I are practicing our wrist and snap shots in the back yard. Play goalie, without the helmet, mask and cage and it shouldn't take more than a couple of shots!

Old
08-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
I work off Hwy 74, Ortega Hwy, and when I started here the road was closed often for a mojor accident. And same thing. During the day when it is too crowded for people to be stupid it is pretty safe. It gets dangerous when people try and pass. Many a Monday there is a motorcycle wedged in a guardrail.
It's a beautiful ride during the day, I don't think I want to try it at night though.

Old
08-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
No problem, just come over when Jr. and I are practicing our wrist and snap shots in the back yard. Play goalie, without the helmet, mask and cage and it shouldn't take more than a couple of shots!

I asked for a custom grill, not a box of chicklets.

I do need to get those other teeth out though. Hmmm.

Old
08-18-2010, 09:38 AM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
upgraded to the iphone 4 on monday. chyea this things bad ass!

Old
08-18-2010, 04:34 PM
redcard

Quote:

Eh...not that impressed, my Mom's been doing that since she was 18.

....still pays all the bills in singles....

Old
08-19-2010, 09:06 AM
fyrescorp

Last night I saw Ted Nugent at the Canyon Club. The Motor City Madman is still incredible.

Closed Thread