HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What now?

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2010, 01:22 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Your posts don't read like they normally do...this has shaken you up a bit hasn't it? Still not sure how to respond if at all? Internalizing it and searching for an answer that will help you make sense of it?
I dunno, I do not usually read my posts, you tell me I am just tired of the crying. We are Kings fans, these feelings should be nothing new. This thread is about what's next, Kovalchuk is in the rear-view mirror.

I am holding my breath still hoping for an offensive addition this offseason. Without one, I question whether we have the overall offense to get passed the first round and would suffer the same result as last season. I count three and a half top 6 forwards on this team and none who are solidly expected to become a top 6 anytime soon within our depth charts... We have one of the best developing defensive and goaltending units, but our forwards groups are abysmal compared to competing teams across the board.

Something needs to happen or we are in for a long season. I am all for keeping the core and carrying on with the development, but I am also not too keen with throwing another season in the bucket. I am hoping for progress grouped with our improvement, and as we sit right now, we are a worse overall team on paper than we were last season, in an even tougher and more improved conference.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
07-20-2010, 01:23 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Life does go on. Well said.

And, to sjmay, sorry if I came across a little hard. It wasn't my intention. We're all Kings fans at the end.
I think we're all a bit bent right now. We just want to friggin win.......We saw the mighty ****s do it. I've been following since 86 and just want to see this team do well....even Gretzky's Autobiography said every other sports team in LA has won but hockey....I think we're all passionate enough. Just want to see something come from this.....but yeah...life does go one when we take a step back..anyway..have a good night everyone.....

Old
07-20-2010, 01:45 AM
nikolai19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I would trade Stoll for Souray, and pair him with Johnson or Doughty.

Re-sign Frolov.

Pencil in Schenn for the #2 center spot.

Let Hickey, Muzzin, and Voinov battle for the #6 D spot.
How quickly we forget? Let's wind the clocks back 9 or 10 months ago...Davis Drewiske made the starting lineup and was excellent until he got hurt.

I'm calling it right now...he'll be the 3rd pairing defenseman.

You still need another but Drewiske is going to beat out those three for that spot. Watch.

Old
07-20-2010, 02:41 AM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Calling it now. DL's mega deal that will put him back in our good graces:

To LA:

Hemsky and Souray

To EDM:

Moller, Zatkoff, Hickey, 2nd in '11, 5th in '12

Kings starting lineup, 2011/2012

Hemsky-Kopitar-Williams, aka, the "Zombie in-between Two Panes of Glass" Line
Smyth-Stoll-Brown, aka, the "Hey, At Least We Try Hard" Line
Parse-Handzus-Simmonds, aka, the "Thank God for Slovaks and Black People" Line
Clune-Lewis-Westgarth, aka, the "Why the **** Not?" Line

Scuderi-Doughty, aka, the "Crafty Vet and 'Please Don't Look at Kovalchuk's Contract' Kid"
Johnson-Souray, aka, the "Plus Minus is a Meaningless Stat, Anyway" Pairing
Greene-Voinov, aka, the "Still Gotta' Have a Russian in the Lineup so we can put Igor Larionov on TV once a season and pretend like he has anything to do with hockey in LA......and a Ginger" Pairing!!11

Quick, aka, "I'm Tired"
Bernier, aka, "Help me Obi Wan Kenobi you're my only hope"

Ladies and gentlemen, your Los Angeles Kings!

Old
07-20-2010, 02:48 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
Calling it now. DL's mega deal that will put him back in our good graces:

To LA:

Hemsky and Souray

To EDM:

Moller, Zatkoff, Hickey, 2nd in '11, 5th in '12

Kings starting lineup, 2011/2012

Hemsky-Kopitar-Williams, aka, the "Zombie in-between Two Panes of Glass" Line
Smyth-Stoll-Brown, aka, the "Hey, At Least We Try Hard" Line
Parse-Handzus-Simmonds, aka, the "Thank God for Slovaks and Black People" Line
Clune-Lewis-Westgarth, aka, the "Why the **** Not?" Line

Scuderi-Doughty, aka, the "Crafty Vet and 'Please Don't Look at Kovalchuk's Contract' Kid"
Johnson-Souray, aka, the "Plus Minus is a Meaningless Stat, Anyway" Pairing
Greene-Voinov, aka, the "Still Gotta' Have a Russian in the Lineup so we can put Igor Larionov on TV once a season and pretend like he has anything to do with hockey in LA......and a Ginger" Pairing!!11

Quick, aka, "I'm Tired"
Bernier, aka, "Help me Obi Wan Kenobi you're my only hope"

Ladies and gentlemen, your Los Angeles Kings!
We are paying too much there. Souray has negative value, and Hemsky is a great playmaker and a top 6 winger, but doesn't warrant that kind of return. I wouldn't mind having both Souray and Hemsky on board for a couple of years, but it has to be for a good price. Replace Hickey with someone less valuable and lower on the prospect chart and you have a deal.

Old
07-20-2010, 03:18 AM
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks

What now is we look to avoid a possible bidding war next season and lock up our most prized pending free agent... John Zeiler.

Old
07-20-2010, 03:18 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Now we get the ****ing pitchforks.

If we get Carle out of all of this, I'm gonna overturn my OWN car and set it on fire.

I'm sure DL's got something up his sleeve (?), but wow, what a crazy morning.
You sound like Kurrilino. Are you thinking about destroying your girlfriend's furniture?

Old
07-20-2010, 03:29 AM
dabeechman

I don't mind Dean not matching that NJ offer. That is just insanity...sadly, it is contracts like that which will more than likely cost all of us a year of quality hockey during the next lock out.

What I am a little peeved about is that we couldn't offer cashews (instead of peanuts) for Gagne.

Old
07-20-2010, 04:08 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingOmatic View Post
Maybe that's the biggest problem is the Kings are owned by a cooperation that runs in sport teams like a cooperation. And the Kings plays in a city in which they play behind the NFL, Lakers, Dodgers, Angels, USC Football, and UCLA Basketball. Lets face it. LA isn't a hockey town.

EDIT: History has shown if a big name hockey player comes here and the Kings win. The interest spikes! (ie: Gretzky) Although Kovy is no Gretzky. The Kings would had to lad Crosby or Ovie to pull that kind of draw.
Of course with the media the way it is...they wouldn't even cover us if we had a team with the first line of Elvis...Jimmy Hoffa...and Bigfoot...with Amelia Earhart and D. B. Cooper on D and the Loch Ness Monster in goal...

Old
07-20-2010, 05:10 AM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
Of course with the media the way it is...they wouldn't even cover us if we had a team with the first line of Elvis...Jimmy Hoffa...and Bigfoot...with Amelia Earhart and D. B. Cooper on D and the Loch Ness Monster in goal...
Best team ever.

Old
07-20-2010, 05:19 AM
SuperAlmeida

via Sportsnet Ticker

Quote:
Report: Salavat Yulaev (KHL) begins negotiations with LW Alexander Frolov
Quote:
Report: SKA St. Petersburg (KHL) signs C Alexei Yashin to 1 year deal

Old
07-20-2010, 05:31 AM
SuperAlmeida

What do you think about adding one of Afinogenov, Hudler, (Marcel) Hossa or Radulov?

Old
07-20-2010, 07:31 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Ryan Smyth ($6.250m) / Anze Kopitar ($6.800m) / Justin Williams ($3.500m)
Dustin Penner ($4.250m) / Marc Savard ($4.007m) / Dustin Brown ($3.175m)
Brad Richardson ($0.900m) / Michal Handzus ($4.000m) / Wayne Simmonds ($0.821m)
Kyle Clifford ($0.870m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.140m) / Kevin Westgarth ($0.525m)
Scott Parse ($0.900m) / Richard Clune ($0.522m)

DEFENSEMEN
Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m) / Drew Doughty ($3.475m)
Jack Johnson ($1.425m) / Rob Scuderi ($3.400m)
Thomas Hickey ($1.316m) / Matt Greene ($2.950m)
Davis Drewiske ($0.616m)

GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick ($1.800m) /Jonathan Bernier ($0.843m)

BUYOUTS: Alyn McCauley ($0.666m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,404,644; BONUSES: $5,670,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,450,356

Not very realistic but it's nice to have dreams

Old
07-20-2010, 08:13 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
We look like the amateur hour over here. IMO if we don't start addressing some of our issues some of our "core" guys are going to be looking to leave. Lombardi is known to be a stiff negotiator, and his tactics frighten me when it comes to Doughty's contract.
Wasnt the same thing said before Kopitar came up for extension?

Old
07-20-2010, 08:36 AM
goforit

Hi guys! Habs/Kings fan here.

I didn't read all the thread, so I don't know if it's been said, but I read something yesterday on these boards and I found it interresting.

Dallas really, really need a quality Dman. A PM one. You have Doughty and JJ. DOughty is untouchable. In fact, if I had to choose, I'm not sure I would take Crosby over him! But JJ has a lot of value. He is a great asset for the Kings, but they also have other needs... like offense.

So, my deal would be something like:

To LA: James Neal + Ribeiro

To DALLAS: Jack Johnson + Loktionov + 1st 2011

I'm not sure about value, so don't flame on. Adjust the trade.

LA gets two quality forwards. Ribeiro is paid $5M per for the next 3 years and Neal will certainly get around $3.5-4/M and with the right players, he could reach 65pts this year.

Dallas has financial issues, so they get rid of $8.5-9M in salaries and get around $5M (Johnson) (realistic?) and Loktionov on his ELC.

Then, DL could move Handzus or Stoll to open a spot for Schenn or he could play another year in the CHL/AHL (is he eligible for the AHL?). I think that, if LA's 4th Cman is Stoll, you're in good position to make the playoffs..

Old
07-20-2010, 08:44 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforit View Post

I didn't read all the thread, so I don't know if it's been said, but I read something yesterday on these boards and I found it interresting.

Dallas really, really need a quality Dman. A PM one. You have Doughty and JJ. DOughty is untouchable. In fact, if I had to choose, I'm not sure I would take Crosby over him! But JJ has a lot of value. He is a great asset for the Kings, but they also have other needs... like offense.

LA gets two quality forwards. Ribeiro is paid $5M per for the next 3 years and Neal will certainly get around $3.5-4/M and with the right players, he could reach 65pts this year.

Dallas has financial issues, so they get rid of $8.5-9M in salaries and get around $5M (Johnson) (realistic?) and Loktionov on his ELC.

Then, DL could move Handzus or Stoll to open a spot for Schenn or he could play another year in the CHL/AHL (is he eligible for the AHL?). I think that, if LA's 4th Cman is Stoll, you're in good position to make the playoffs..
Unfortunately the Kings also need another puck moving d-man to help with the transition game, that's why they targeted Martin and Hamhuis in free agency, so trading Johnson is not really an option. The closest thing the Kings can really offer is puck moving d-men prospects like Hickey, Voynov, Martinez and so on.

Old
07-20-2010, 08:56 AM
goforit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Unfortunately the Kings also need another puck moving d-man to help with the transition game, that's why they targeted Martin and Hamhuis in free agency, so trading Johnson is not really an option. The closest thing the Kings can really offer is puck moving d-men prospects like Hickey, Voynov, Martinez and so on.
Alright... so maybe:

Ribeiro for Hickey?

Old
07-20-2010, 09:12 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post

I am holding my breath still hoping for an offensive addition this offseason. Without one, I question whether we have the overall offense to get passed the first round and would suffer the same result as last season. I count three and a half top 6 forwards on this team and none who are solidly expected to become a top 6 anytime soon within our depth charts... We have one of the best developing defensive and goaltending units, but our forwards groups are abysmal compared to competing teams across the board.

I wouldn't do that. You'll be turning blue and getting very cold in the near future.

Old
07-20-2010, 09:16 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
I don't mind Dean not matching that NJ offer. That is just insanity...sadly, it is contracts like that which will more than likely cost all of us a year of quality hockey during the next lock out.

What I am a little peeved about is that we couldn't offer cashews (instead of peanuts) for Gagne.
I have heard that Gagne actually reached out to Tampa, and Holmgren traded him there as a sign of respect, not much that anyone can do if that is true.

Old
07-20-2010, 09:17 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
The Furry Blue Suede Cement Shoe line.

Old
07-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Dave33
Still smiling

I like the idea of going after Hemsky, I think he'd look great setting up Kopi for 40. I was trying to figure out from where DL can pry a forward and other than Edm, the only team I can think of in a rebuild is Florida but I don't know who DL might target there. I'm sure there are other options I'm not thinking of and hopefully DL goes after one soon.

Old
07-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforit View Post

I can't stand Ribeiro and don't want anything to do with hime in LA

Old
07-20-2010, 10:47 AM
riznat

Does Bud Holloway have any chance at the NHL this year? I've only seen a handful of highlights of him with Manchester, is there any chance he gets some time as our 2nd line LW this year? Is is skating and physical game good enough for a call up or even to stick.

Old
07-20-2010, 10:53 AM
lumbergh

I haven't read the last 18 pages of posts and don't know if this name has come up:

MARIAN HOSSA

It would take a lot to get him, but Chicago still has cap problems.

Old
07-20-2010, 10:56 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh View Post
I haven't read the last 18 pages of posts and don't know if this name has come up:

MARIAN HOSSA

It would take a lot to get him, but Chicago still has cap problems.
If Chicago had to move him they'd move him East like all the other guys they traded.

Closed Thread