HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

THN Draft Preview is out

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2004, 06:05 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Crap something tells me the Wild are looking at Korpikoski...

Old
05-26-2004, 06:07 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e)
Surprisingly - 37th. And Hedman is 80th.
Sounds like O'Neill, Hedman and Lepisto may have been the most overrated players on these boards over the past couple months. In Hedman and Lepisto's cases it would appear that none of the major scouting guides (CSS, THN, Redline) have them in the 1st round while a bunch of posters on here insisted that would be the case (see some mock drafts.) I'm sure we'll see a correction with respect to their positions now that the rankings are out.

Old
05-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Sounds like O'Neill, Hedman and Lepisto may have been the most overrated players on these boards over the past couple months. In Hedman and Lepisto's cases it would appear that none of the major scouting guides (CSS, THN, Redline) have them in the 1st round while a bunch of posters on here insisted that would be the case (see some mock drafts.) I'm sure we'll see a correction with respect to their positions now that the rankings are out.
McKeens has O'Neill pretty high (16), and I've seen other rankings of him in the 1st round, but it does sound like there have been some wide ranging opinions on him. For all his struggles, he is still quite young and has a great package of size and speed - so you just never know. I think Valabik is in the same boat. That said, it doesn't really sound like top 10 is likely.

Hedman has certainly moved up at McKeens over the last few months (he is now at 36 on their list). He is taking a regular shift in the SEL and lead defenceman in goal scoring at the U18. Sounds like he has a NHL sized body already (read: thick) and the upside to get better. He supposedly really must improve his slap shot, which is no where near on par with the rest of his skills. But despite that, it has been said he has been his SEL team's best d-man at times late in the year. So I think it's fair to say that some of his hype is the result of his play late in the year. Fransson still sounds like the better bet for the first round, but you never know.

Lepisto is just a bit too old to compare to some of the other players. There will be so many intriguing d-men available early in the 2nd (like Hedman and Lyamin potentially), I think he'll fall. Enstrom certainly didn't go as high as some people thought he would last year, and Lepisto might just experience the same fate. Other than post-WJC after his performance there, I really haven't seen Lepsto in the top 40 in any ratings. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall to the third round given his age.

Old
05-26-2004, 07:30 PM
H_I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Just a heads up. Picked mine up from the newstand in Westwood today.
Also found at Borders in Torrance, CA.

Old
05-26-2004, 08:22 PM
felixd

I was a little confused by Radulov's profile.

They say he "can disappear when it gets physical" and then they say "he runs over people to get the puck" Can anyone explain? Is Radulov soft or not?

Old
05-26-2004, 08:24 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Maybe if there are some big defensemen out there, he'll disappear from mucking it up but in 'soft games' like those when playing against Minnesota (lol), he'll be physical? I mean maybe he doesn't like defensemen like Phaneuf but like Kuba? Guys that won't lay you out? And if there are defensemen out here like that he disappears but other than that he'll kill people to get the puck as long as it's not overtly physical out there.

Old
05-26-2004, 08:46 PM
gmdevils

I'm wondering where is Kris Chucko?

Old
05-26-2004, 08:48 PM
NYIschremp44

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdevils
I'm wondering where is Kris Chucko?

Old
05-26-2004, 09:18 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3ro
Perfect for me!
as a flames fan, shouldn't you be hoping for the guy who is projected to go #30, since that is when the flames will pick if they win the cup?

Old
05-26-2004, 09:19 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaz
It's not in the United States at least in New Jersey aanyway?!
i live in nj and i got mine in the mail yesterday

Old
05-26-2004, 09:24 PM
DJ Spinoza

This is well worth the five or so bucks I spent on it. I was just browsing through it briefly, haven't sat down and read everything yet, but whoever this one scout is pays a great compliment to Viktor Alexandrov: "He is better than the other Kazak (Nik Antropov) that we all know about."

Unless there's another Nik Antropov in this draft, that's pretty good marks.

Does anyone have any info on Zdenek Bahensky? He's rated 39 and I haven't read anything about him before.

Old
05-26-2004, 09:28 PM
MHJS

What about the big men- Valabik and Graham?

Old
05-26-2004, 09:38 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
Does anyone have any info on Zdenek Bahensky? He's rated 39 and I haven't read anything about him before.
He caught my eye when the final CSB rankings came out, because of his size (Oilers like big kids now) and the fact that he had over 200 minutes in penalties in the Czech junior league. One scouting service says he's a pretty good skater who struggles at stickhandling.

Sounds like a perfect Oiler.

Old
05-26-2004, 10:43 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
as a flames fan, shouldn't you be hoping for the guy who is projected to go #30, since that is when the flames will pick if they win the cup?
He's a Habs fan.

Old
05-26-2004, 10:56 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
He's a Habs fan.
oh my bad...i was thrown off by the avatar

Old
05-26-2004, 11:00 PM
The Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
i live in nj and i got mine in the mail yesterday
Thanks for the heads up I'll have to check again.

Old
05-27-2004, 01:30 AM
Zap Brannigan

Where is Evan McGrath on the list?

Old
05-27-2004, 01:32 AM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
McGrath is 65th

Old
05-27-2004, 01:56 AM
bleedgreen

anyone on colorado get it yet?

Old
05-27-2004, 02:26 AM
czechhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
This is well worth the five or so bucks I spent on it. I was just browsing through it briefly, haven't sat down and read everything yet, but whoever this one scout is pays a great compliment to Viktor Alexandrov: "He is better than the other Kazak (Nik Antropov) that we all know about."

Unless there's another Nik Antropov in this draft, that's pretty good marks.

He looks as he could be player but won´t be IMO. Here are at least 10 better Czech prospects this year but on the other hand some people are quite high on him.

Old
05-27-2004, 05:25 AM
Hiishawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechhockeyfan
He looks as he could be player but won´t be IMO. Here are at least 10 better Czech prospects this year but on the other hand some people are quite high on him.
I found Bahensky often to be indistinguishable from Karel Hromas on the ice. They both play a crash and bang game without a lot of finesse, although they are both good skaters. I prefer Hromas though because he does his thing with just a little more pro-like 'authority' than Bahensky. Bahensky though could have the advantage of 'coming on' a bit later in the season.

Old
05-27-2004, 05:27 AM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Steblick, do you mind sharing your opinion on Gracik? He seems to have great size and a goalscorers touch, not to mention he is going to be one of the youngest players taken in this years draft.

Old
05-27-2004, 08:32 AM
Hiishawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo
Steblick, do you mind sharing your opinion on Gracik? He seems to have great size and a goalscorers touch, not to mention he is going to be one of the youngest players taken in this years draft.
I have him placed well in the 2nd round. I think he is a sleeper. Not only the age and size issues, as you mentioned, but I like the way he works in traffic- he can do something with the puck while warding off, or going through, defenders. He could use a little more agility and polish in his movements but he's still a good one. Where is he on the THN ranking?

Last edited by Hiishawk: 05-27-2004 at 08:33 AM. Reason: errors
Old
05-27-2004, 09:29 AM
czechhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by steblick
I found Bahensky often to be indistinguishable from Karel Hromas on the ice. They both play a crash and bang game without a lot of finesse, although they are both good skaters. I prefer Hromas though because he does his thing with just a little more pro-like 'authority' than Bahensky. Bahensky though could have the advantage of 'coming on' a bit later in the season.
I see at least one big difference between Hromas and Bahensky. Bahensky is very inconsistent while I didn´t see Hromas to play really bad game.

Old
05-27-2004, 10:10 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steblick
I have him placed well in the 2nd round. I think he is a sleeper. Not only the age and size issues, as you mentioned, but I like the way he works in traffic- he can do something with the puck while warding off, or going through, defenders. He could use a little more agility and polish in his movements but he's still a good one. Where is he on the THN ranking?
THN has Gracik at 45.

Closed Thread