HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

STU Tommies

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2011, 08:42 AM
STUTOMMIES

vCash: 500
Tommies coaching vacancy down to the final 8 according to the Daily Gleaner. Several former Tommies still in the mix as I understand it. We should have a new coach by the end of April at STU.

Based on the limited amount of information I have, my "want list" for coach is Beezer or Powers. They both have STU ties, have something to prove, understand the University game, and seem like solid coach personalities. <--subjective words but to me I think either would do a great job.

Old
04-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Espher

Send a message via ICQ to Espher Send a message via AIM to Espher Send a message via MSN to Espher Send a message via Yahoo to Espher
Hopefully STU can start to turn it around this year.

Old
04-14-2011, 04:05 PM
cookiecutter

wow down to eight

Can someone make a post when we have a new coach so I don't have to read the Gleaner every day? The baseball, hockey, lacrosse, basketball seasons are in full go and what do we read in the Glearner? Why...... the playoff predictions of Tim, Gardner, Mike and Peter.

Old
04-15-2011, 12:08 PM
gleanerguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecutter View Post
Can someone make a post when we have a new coach so I don't have to read the Gleaner every day? The baseball, hockey, lacrosse, basketball seasons are in full go and what do we read in the Glearner? Why...... the playoff predictions of Tim, Gardner, Mike and Peter.
Apparently you read it. Thank you. Several people I respect enjoyed the story.

Old
04-15-2011, 05:15 PM
cookiecutter

LOL I read all your stuff. Usually early morning and on line. The board was quiet so I thought I would rub some fur the wrong way. Keep up the good work and I guess Tiger can't run into a tree everyday, so finding other stuff must be difficult.....but please... the Habs won a game.... Use a page for that.... I was talking to a UNB fan today and even they want us to return to the passionate days of the battle of the hill not always be an uphill battle.

Old
04-15-2011, 07:03 PM
gleanerguy

Quote:
LOL I read all your stuff. Usually early morning and on line. The board was quiet so I thought I would rub some fur the wrong way. Keep up the good work and I guess Tiger can't run into a tree everyday, so finding other stuff must be difficult.....but please... the Habs won a game.... Use a page for that.... I was talking to a UNB fan today and even they want us to return to the passionate days of the battle of the hill not always be an uphill battle.
It workedhttp://hfboards.com/images/smilies/laff.gif.
Unfortunately, can't wait for a long story detailing the Habs' win...we have to take what we can get by deadline. Check the paper tomorrow, however...

Old
04-21-2011, 08:22 AM
cishockeyfan

I'm kinda getting a little shocked that STU seems to be taking so much time with the hiring of the Men's Hockey Coach.

I understand they want the best guy possible and the right guy, but at the same time they really should consider this is a process that started before the University Cup, its been about 4 weeks since the CIS Mens Championchip, everyday is a very Valuable recruiting day lost. Not only do the Tommies have to work on Players to come to make last years team better, but they have to replace even key holes from last years team who will no longer be their. Pete Beliveau has already announced what 4 key additions for the Tigers Next year? Making his impressive list something like 26 new recruits announced in a 3 year recruiting span (whether they ever suited up with the Tigers or not) Im not being a STU Hater here, I wanna see them improve and succeed, and it just seems like they are kinda taking their time on this.

Old
04-21-2011, 07:33 PM
rantfather

Not To Worry...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by cishockeyfan View Post
I'm kinda getting a little shocked that STU seems to be taking so much time with the hiring of the Men's Hockey Coach.

I understand they want the best guy possible and the right guy, but at the same time they really should consider this is a process that started before the University Cup, its been about 4 weeks since the CIS Mens Championchip, everyday is a very Valuable recruiting day lost. Not only do the Tommies have to work on Players to come to make last years team better, but they have to replace even key holes from last years team who will no longer be their. Pete Beliveau has already announced what 4 key additions for the Tigers Next year? Making his impressive list something like 26 new recruits announced in a 3 year recruiting span (whether they ever suited up with the Tigers or not) Im not being a STU Hater here, I wanna see them improve and succeed, and it just seems like they are kinda taking their time on this.
The deposed mens hockey coach is on the job and is,as we speak out there making recruitment contacts as he demonstrated such talent before his demise.

PLEASE,SOMEBODY,TELL ME THIS IS NOT SO AND GOD HELP US IF IT IS TRUE

Surely to GOD Eagles does"nt maintain the fantasy that he has ANY capacity to resurrect this team?

Saddling a new coach with selections by Eagles is just wrong,wrong,wrong.

Old
04-22-2011, 01:56 PM
STUTOMMIES

Quote:
Thanks for that.

Any truth to the latest Rantfather posting in the STU section?
From several different sources close to the team...I would say it is 100% true. They have had a steady stream of guys in on recruiting trips, all from the Q. Mike has been responsible for bringing them and several guys from the team have been asked to help out. As I have been told from a source a lot depended on who would be named coach. Until the new coach is named -and I think you will see that on Tuesday (just a guess) - Eagles is still running things for men's hockey at STU. Nothing will change that until the new coach is named, complaint or no complaint.

Old
04-23-2011, 05:46 PM
TYayo

Word on the street is Eric Biz has been asked to be an Assistant Coach...No word on what the reply was
For everyone who thought he may be a lock to get the head job seems like it isn't happening.

Old
04-25-2011, 10:12 AM
SnipeShow91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYayo View Post
Word on the street is Eric Biz has been asked to be an Assistant Coach...No word on what the reply was
For everyone who thought he may be a lock to get the head job seems like it isn't happening.
Door open for Pat Powers maybe?

Old
04-25-2011, 06:13 PM
cookiecutter

I would find it hard to believe that anyone would be asking Biz to be an assistant coach except the coach. For that to happen, it would mean that the coaches name would be out there and why would STU want to let it leak with out making the announcement official from the University.

Old
04-25-2011, 09:32 PM
cishockeyfan

Head Coach was picked last week and Eric was informed he did not get the position, and he was later offered a full time assistant position. I dont know if he accepted

Old
04-26-2011, 04:25 AM
STUTOMMIES

Quote:
Head Coach was picked last week and Eric was informed he did not get the position, and he was later offered a full time assistant position. I dont know if he accepted
Are you sure about "offered a full time assistant position"? I think it is totally needed in order to compete on an even playing field with the other teams but surprised to hear STU has created the position. Would love to find out it is true.

Old
04-26-2011, 09:08 AM
cishockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUTOMMIES View Post
Are you sure about "offered a full time assistant position"? I think it is totally needed in order to compete on an even playing field with the other teams but surprised to hear STU has created the position. Would love to find out it is true.
I am 125% sure Eric Bissonette was indeed offered a full time Assistant Coaching Position. Now Im not positive if only Eric was offered that position, based on how much he means to STU and how tough of a Head Coaching position decision they had to make, and if he does not accept if no one else will be offered that same position. But I have to say Im pretty sure their will be a Full time Assistant Coach in place even if Eric didnt accept.

I can confirm theyre is roughly 4 or 5 New Jobs Created to do with Tommies hockey (some of those have to do with Multiple Sports). I can't confirm exactly what those titles are but as I said Full time Assistant Coach on the Mens Hockey Team I am 99% sure is one of them, and Im almost certain their will be a person in a simular role as a (Dave Morell @ UNB)

I can't reveal my source for this info in respect to them, but the news is good News for Tommies fans, Im sure theyre will be announcements made shortly.

The Future is bright, bring on the new rink, theyre is also some fairly big name recruits on the Horizon, thats all I can say for now

Old
04-26-2011, 02:44 PM
AUShockeyfan

rumour on Head Coaching position....

Just got wind of a rumour that Troy Ryan will be the next Head Coach at St. Thomas. Nothing has been published yet in Metro, etc.; mere heresay at this point. Again, just a rumour...

Old
04-26-2011, 03:33 PM
STUTOMMIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUShockeyfan View Post
Just got wind of a rumour that Troy Ryan will be the next Head Coach at St. Thomas. Nothing has been published yet in Metro, etc.; mere heresay at this point. Again, just a rumour...
I hope you're wrong, please let this only be a rumour.

Old
04-26-2011, 08:33 PM
cishockeyfan

who is troy Ryan ? any info on him

Old
04-26-2011, 08:43 PM
cishockeyfan

I presume is the weekscrushers coach gm

Old
04-26-2011, 10:05 PM
AUShockeyfan

Quote:
who is troy Ryan ? any info on him
lol - he was the coach/GM of the Weeks Crushers, but most recently the jack of all for the Metro Marauders Hockey Club, formerly the Halifax Lions.

His website/resume is fairly impressive...

http://www.troyryan.com/Troy_Ryan/Main.html

Old
04-26-2011, 11:22 PM
TYayo

seems about right..
a tier 2 coach..all Eagles could ever recruit was Junior A players...might as well keep it regular

Old
04-27-2011, 04:50 AM
cookiecutter

Interesting developments!! I wonder if they plan to announce something or are they waiting for a Mike to write a press release. Also what is being said here is what I suggested many times; A full time coach, and a full time assistant coach to challange the UNB team, after all that is how we are measured. I also said full time coach for the females that would bring the total up to three positions. I never thought of hiring someone like Dave Morrell! I wonder what the interview for that position would be? See who could fire the T-shirt cannon the greatest distance...if I were picking that position, I would look for Trevor Doyle. So Gleaner guy, what do you think of the rumours? They certainly fly in the face of what you knew to be true!

Old
04-27-2011, 08:46 AM
STUTOMMIES

It's official

Troy Ryan is the new head coach at STU.

http://w4.stu.ca/stu/athletics/news....99&returnId=26

Old
04-27-2011, 09:06 AM
gleanerguy

Quote:
Interesting developments!! I wonder if they plan to announce something or are they waiting for a Mike to write a press release. Also what is being said here is what I suggested many times; A full time coach, and a full time assistant coach to challange the UNB team, after all that is how we are measured. I also said full time coach for the females that would bring the total up to three positions. I never thought of hiring someone like Dave Morrell! I wonder what the interview for that position would be? See who could fire the T-shirt cannon the greatest distance...if I were picking that position, I would look for Trevor Doyle. So Gleaner guy, what do you think of the rumours? They certainly fly in the face of what you knew to be true!
I think I've had enough of all this for a while. You try to contribute to a discussion, offer some insight, you become a target. I don't need it.

Old
04-27-2011, 09:13 AM
timbitca

He seems to have a pretty solid background. Best of luck to him in his new functions.

I was also looking at the plans for the Grant Harvey Centre on STUTOMMIES.com looks like it'll be a fine building and both teams will have a great setup!

Closed Thread