HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

STU Tommies

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2011, 11:14 AM
  #426
AUS Fan
Registered User
 
AUS Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: At the Rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gleanerguy View Post
I think I've had enough of all this for a while. You try to contribute to a discussion, offer some insight, you become a target. I don't need it.
Don't let the trolls get to you.
I think most of the people here appreciate the journalistic slant on our discussions.

Back under your bridge, CC.

AUS Fan is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 04:57 PM
  #427
cookiecutter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gleanerguy View Post
I think I've had enough of all this for a while. You try to contribute to a discussion, offer some insight, you become a target. I don't need it.
Wow! What I said was "what do you think of the rumours Gleaner guy, it certainly flies in the face of what you knew to be true"?
From this you considered you to be a target??? I asked you what you thought of the rumours, and that the rumours were certainly different that what you were led to believe..... I was following the thread of what others were saying and said the rumours were what I had suggested. They are RUMOURS....If they are true and you were misinformed am I the one to get angry with? I think you had a snit and fell in it. Are you angry because they broke it before the Gleaner? Not certain how you felt targetted, but you decide to take cheapshots?????? Go figure??

Has anyone heard whether Biz was offered the job by the coach or by the University? Usually the coach wants his own picks for assistants. Either way the coach has been hired for sometime, and word always leaks in a small town.

cookiecutter is offline  
Old
04-27-2011, 05:26 PM
  #428
gleanerguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
I took it as mocking. Between this and what's going on on other threads, I'm just not going to participate. Didn't take any cheap shots at you. What do you interpret as a cheap shot?
In the grand scheme of things, I don't care who coaches the Tommies -- I have to work with whoever is in that seat and have done so.

gleanerguy is offline  
Old
04-28-2011, 08:05 AM
  #429
rantfather
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
TROY RYAN;
the newly announced STU men's head hockey coach has impressed a large number of hiring committee people as well as others like Tom Watt in being named the new man,although he was unknown to me and for that reason not my first choice I do want to make it clear that I am supporting this appointment as a breath of fresh air and have every hope that his efforts will result in the program coming back to prominence.Time will tell of course but the man deserves a chance and I for one will give him that...GOOD LUCK.

rantfather is offline  
Old
04-28-2011, 08:07 AM
  #430
cishockeyfan
Registered User
 
cishockeyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Well I have to say, when I first read the rumoured comment they heard Troy Ryan was hired as Head Coach, I was a little baffled, a little worried for STU Hockey, only because I knew nothing about the guy , except that he was a Tier 2 Junior Coach which I thought is not good, cause they didnt need a guy with good connections to the Maritime Junior Hockey Circuit.........But After reading more into him and his overall background, and seeing the gleaner story on him being hired and the Gleaners interview with Darren Burns on him, it seems STU has landed a pretty respected guy and a hard worker and a competitor, hopefully he will land the Full Time Assistant he wants, whether it's Eric or someone else.

To I think it was "Cookiecutter" for the comment on how they would interview for a Dave Morrell type position, I don't know why I can't stop laughing at that, but I can't to picture a bunch of candidates at the LBR, trying to fire a T-Shirt Cannon there with the low roof and rafters is just hilarious.

cishockeyfan is offline  
Old
04-29-2011, 05:02 AM
  #431
cookiecutter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Thanks for the acknowledgement on the humour. BTW I did enjoy that STU higher ups were thinking the same way I was about the full time assistant coach. No one here wants to play "middle of the pack hockey"! We may be there by times. but every sport suffers and celebrates from year to year. I was disappointed that they did not go with a full time Female coach, but it seems that league is self destructing year by year anyway. Glad to hear SMU is back, but coaches are walking away. Dal may be next? STU men's game is now in a make or break cycle. I can see us climbing several spots quickly and then will come the real test. But, it will be nice to sit in a nice rink, watch our team in competitive games night after night, have some ball park franks that are NOT made on a George Foreman Grill, and be able to park on pavement as opposed to walking through the tar sands at the LBR. However I will miss the LBR adn hopefully we won't miss playoffs! All we need now is a mascot that does not resemble a grade two science project and a Dave Morell Minnie Me. Last suggestion ....for now... Do a huge ticket promotion to get some fans in the seats....a free one for me would be nice.

cookiecutter is offline  
Old
05-04-2011, 12:51 PM
  #432
mikeandI
Registered User
 
mikeandI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecutter View Post
Thanks for the acknowledgement on the humour. BTW I did enjoy that STU higher ups were thinking the same way I was about the full time assistant coach. No one here wants to play "middle of the pack hockey"! We may be there by times. but every sport suffers and celebrates from year to year. I was disappointed that they did not go with a full time Female coach, but it seems that league is self destructing year by year anyway. Glad to hear SMU is back, but coaches are walking away. Dal may be next? STU men's game is now in a make or break cycle. I can see us climbing several spots quickly and then will come the real test. But, it will be nice to sit in a nice rink, watch our team in competitive games night after night, have some ball park franks that are NOT made on a George Foreman Grill, and be able to park on pavement as opposed to walking through the tar sands at the LBR. However I will miss the LBR adn hopefully we won't miss playoffs! All we need now is a mascot that does not resemble a grade two science project and a Dave Morell Minnie Me. Last suggestion ....for now... Do a huge ticket promotion to get some fans in the seats....a free one for me would be nice.
Hey you mike busters, Any idea what the heck is going on in Alberta? They seem to have swept Thurston under the rug and hope he disappears? Replace him with an interm guy with one years assistant coaching on his resume? That is strange to only me in Manitoba I guess?

mikeandI is offline  
Old
05-04-2011, 04:02 PM
  #433
STUTOMMIES
Registered User
 
STUTOMMIES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fredericton
Country: Canada
Posts: 543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandI View Post
Hey you mike busters, Any idea what the heck is going on in Alberta? They seem to have swept Thurston under the rug and hope he disappears? Replace him with an interm guy with one years assistant coaching on his resume? That is strange to only me in Manitoba I guess?
I would say it appears odd for sure. No clue as to "what the heck is going on". I would bet money that the Alumni or close to the team people had a hand to play. It doesn't take a phys ed student to figure out that people in Alberta were upset last season with the recruiting job Thurston did. To most teams it would have been great but not the western green and gold. Just a guess but it looks like he was ran out of dodge and they didn't do it on HFboards!!! ...probably because nobody really cares in Edmonton one way or another. If that happened at STU or UNB these boards would be lit up like a Christmas tree.

STUTOMMIES is offline  
Old
05-05-2011, 06:18 AM
  #434
cookiecutter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Are you suggesting that Mike lost his job because of what was posted here? WOW! I was thinking that a change was made in order to move the team in a new direction.

cookiecutter is offline  
Old
05-05-2011, 05:13 PM
  #435
austrooper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecutter View Post
Are you suggesting that Mike lost his job because of what was posted here? WOW! I was thinking that a change was made in order to move the team in a new direction.
not really sure of the mindset that what is written on these boards means diddly squat to the powers to be. You only need to take a gander at the standings the last couple of years to get a pretty good sense of why STU made the change.....I'm sure administration heard a lot of crap from the alumni and no doubt the empty benches at the LBR was too obvious to ignore any longer.....hopefully Troy Ryan can inject new life into the program and get some players on board...as for thurston, he never did reach the popularity of rob daum among the U of A diehards, and the lack of recruiting success over the last couple of seasons no doubt sealed his fate....who knows, he might have initiated the departure...I never got the feeling thurston was all that happy in the position, particularly coming in on the heels of daum and his loyal fathom.....

austrooper is offline  
Old
05-05-2011, 07:22 PM
  #436
STUTOMMIES
Registered User
 
STUTOMMIES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fredericton
Country: Canada
Posts: 543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Just a guess but it looks like he was ran out of dodge and they didn't do it on HFboards!!!
I said it as a joke, hence the laughing face. No need to make a controversy over it.

BUT, and I said but, while these boards had little to no baring on STU's decision, the feelings, opinions, and thoughts expressed on here were similar to what administration was hearing from alumni and hockey fans in Fredericton. There were problems, everyone knows it, and it got written here just like it was getting talked about in other places. Now don't take that to mean only the negative was talked about on here either because Eagles had his defenders as well. Fredericton is a CIS town because of circumstance and us diehard fans (Squirrel or Tommie) are going to talk about it.

Trooper is correct by saying "no doubt the empty benches at the LBR was too obvious to ignore any longer" which was a direct result of the man's overall record. We are moving forward now and I am pleased as punch about it.

The new coach will have his hands full that is for sure. I wish him luck and pray for his success.

Quote:
I think I've had enough of all this for a while. You try to contribute to a discussion, offer some insight, you become a target. I don't need it.
Power through it GG, many trolls around, (myself included when need be) but don't let the bad apples ruin the good apples fun...lots of good apples on here.


Last edited by STUTOMMIES: 05-05-2011 at 07:27 PM.
STUTOMMIES is offline  
Old
05-08-2011, 12:01 PM
  #437
cookiecutter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Any word on the Assist coach? I think GG got angry because he was led to believe no full time assistant coach and the powers at STU led him astray

cookiecutter is offline  
Old
05-08-2011, 06:02 PM
  #438
gleanerguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecutter View Post
Any word on the Assist coach? I think GG got angry because he was led to believe no full time assistant coach and the powers at STU led him astray
I'm ignoring you, troll.

gleanerguy is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 06:58 AM
  #439
cookiecutter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gleanerguy View Post
I'm ignoring you, troll.
Thanks, and for the record I have been ignoring your writings for years.

cookiecutter is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 09:27 AM
  #440
gleanerguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
Sure you have.


Last edited by gleanerguy: 05-13-2011 at 02:31 AM. Reason: She's an ignorant troll
gleanerguy is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 09:46 AM
  #441
SnipeShow91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 619
vCash: 500
now cant we all get along on the internet.

SnipeShow91 is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 09:01 PM
  #442
STUTOMMIES
Registered User
 
STUTOMMIES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fredericton
Country: Canada
Posts: 543
vCash: 500
Eric Bissonnette was officially announced as the new assistant coach at St. Thomas. I think we are going to have a very formidable 1-2 punch behind the bench. Better days ahead STU fans.

STUTOMMIES is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 09:31 PM
  #443
austrooper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUTOMMIES View Post
Eric Bissonnette was officially announced as the new assistant coach at St. Thomas. I think we are going to have a very formidable 1-2 punch behind the bench. Better days ahead STU fans.
that's great news, and good for Eric. He'll really help Ryan make the transition to the university game, and being a former Tommie, he'll be able to tap into the alumni and supporters to help sell the program again. University hockey fans, both UNB and STU alike, would like nothing better than to see the Tommies become a respected force again, and to renew the Battle of the Hill rivalry that we all remember with so much fondness...

austrooper is offline  
Old
05-12-2011, 09:55 PM
  #444
rantfather
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUTOMMIES View Post
Eric Bissonnette was officially announced as the new assistant coach at St. Thomas. I think we are going to have a very formidable 1-2 punch behind the bench. Better days ahead STU fans.
Glad to hear that Eric has been named an assistant to Coach Ryan, Eric adds a solid tradition for the Tommies and I expect that this dynamic duo will bring lots of success to our beloved Tommies.

It is a complimentary leadership that should excite all fans.b aby.

rantfather is offline  
Old
05-15-2011, 09:20 AM
  #445
cookiecutter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
okay, time for me to move to quiet a few of the folks on this board who do not believe this girl knows what she is talking about;
1. I made the statement that The Female team has no problem requiting girls from Europe, because we have that kind of money (double dollars compared to requiting Ontario girls). Someone countered by saying that other universities requit Ontario girls???? Great counter arguement to my statement(duh).
2. I said we needed a full time assist. Coach to move forward. Others said that would never happen. Bingo!
3. I said STU was investing close to 1.5 million on the new rink. People said that was grossly inflated. Bingo, 1.3 was named.
4. I said Glearner Guy was angry because STU lead him to believe no full time assist. coach...and he calls me a troll.
Look it up folks. Perhaps you should hire this gal to help you with your hockey pools.

cookiecutter is offline  
Old
05-15-2011, 09:23 AM
  #446
cookiecutter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
As for the Moves we have made to bring STU to the top of the hockey pack. YAY!! I am guessing it will take a mere three years to be number two in the league. Junior hockey is alive and well in Freddy.

cookiecutter is offline  
Old
05-15-2011, 12:45 PM
  #447
gleanerguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
4. I said Glearner Guy was angry because STU lead him to believe no full time assist. coach...and he calls me a troll.

You misrepresent me, CC. Not angry. Don't care.
I have, can, and will work with the new coaching leadership, as I have from the days of Larry Wood, Al MacAdam, Derryl Smith and Mike Eagles. I mean a troll in the sense that you're always provoking, trying to start fires. And here you are again. Bored?
No wonder you always sit alone...

gleanerguy is offline  
Old
05-15-2011, 11:44 PM
  #448
Island Husky
Registered User
 
Island Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kensington PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecutter View Post
okay, time for me to move to quiet a few of the folks on this board who do not believe this girl knows what she is talking about;
1. I made the statement that The Female team has no problem requiting girls from Europe, because we have that kind of money (double dollars compared to requiting Ontario girls). Someone countered by saying that other universities requit Ontario girls???? Great counter arguement to my statement(duh).
2. I said we needed a full time assist. Coach to move forward. Others said that would never happen. Bingo!
3. I said STU was investing close to 1.5 million on the new rink. People said that was grossly inflated. Bingo, 1.3 was named.
4. I said Glearner Guy was angry because STU lead him to believe no full time assist. coach...and he calls me a troll.
Look it up folks. Perhaps you should hire this gal to help you with your hockey pools.
Hockey Pools? But you are so much better than that! Here, I think, is a better idea. The man tried to give you an out much earlier than this CC, obviously you did not recognize it and stuck in your insecurity you can only gloat and crow. Well, if you are as good and accurate as you claim you are, and so much better than other contributors, girl or not, perhaps you should be doing it for a living, then maybe you'll understand Gleaner Guy's position. Until then, maybe you could start by publicizing your findings, If only on a guest opinion piece, because after all, it doesn't matter so much to us on this forum whether or not you were correct, but with such talent I would be considerably more interested were I the administration at St Thomas, or the editorial board of a newspaper. If you ARE that good, and they see it as such and seek to hire you on a full time basis, you had better be more than accurate and eerily efficient at detecting secrets, because your spelling and your other grammatical style will see the end of your career quicker than it began.
Oh and another thing, you were out by $200,000 on one of your statements, Get some training in finance then, but don't go into the business of Capital Planning on what you know now. I can't think of too many CEO'S who wouldn't turf you on the spot for being out that much on a 1.5 Million dollar project.

Island Husky is offline  
Old
05-16-2011, 04:50 AM
  #449
cookiecutter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
MY spelling mistakes and grammatical style???? Have you read the Gleaner? Are you new here?
BTW, the other girls loved my last post. Hard for a girl to have little man syndrome, I guess.

cookiecutter is offline  
Old
05-16-2011, 09:49 AM
  #450
Island Husky
Registered User
 
Island Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kensington PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Uh Yeah I'm new if three years is new, oh I forgot again, you cannot navigate beyond your last post, and I guess a person's status, that is how new they are, is important to you. What does that have to do with anything? Since I didn't recognize you and put you on that pedestal I must be new or something? Newsflash, neither does anyone else on this forum, in fact they call you a lot worse. "The other girls loved it", oh...are they new? Maybe they could post their appreciations here, otherwise how do WE know what you are talking about. Do they read The Gleaner? Do you read anything besides your own posts and those who critique you? Do YOU read The Guardian? WHO CARES!! All the more ammunition for why you should go public, why are you wasting your time with a bunch of ill informed men? Harping at The Gleaner, why don't you go work for them if they are so bad, and you are so good, Sigh,....Here I go, trying to reason with the lowest common denominator.

Island Husky is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.