HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

STU Tommies

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2011, 10:58 PM
STUTOMMIES

vCash: 500
I thought the comment was a tad condescending also but it doesn't really matter. Whatever will be, will be.

In regard to the 11 - 2 thumping tonight in Grand Falls, STU was flat as all get out (Snipeshow can I borrow that tire pump you speak of?) and couldn't recover. My excuse is they got off the bus in the wee hours this morning, slept a bit, got back on the bus again early this afternoon and the rest is history.

I for one will look to the future with great hope. If we get four wins or fourteen this season it will be an improvement. I'll take it.

Old
10-09-2011, 02:58 AM
SnipeShow91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I bet the two of you complained that it was only 23 degrees today.
lol, it was a beautiful day in Toronto today for RMC vs. Ryerson haha

Old
10-15-2011, 06:12 AM
cookiecutter

Female Hockey

Anyone had an opportunity to watch the European Tommies play in the Women's league yet? Also, it looks like the V-ball team will be strong again.

Old
10-15-2011, 06:34 AM
STUTOMMIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecutter View Post
Anyone had an opportunity to watch the European Tommies play in the Women's league yet? Also, it looks like the V-ball team will be strong again.
You mean all 2 of them, one of which who is from Germany but came from Edmonton? I have, yes.

I see your home is being renovated. I had hoped like heck that's why you were quiet all summer. Oh well, I personally hope they get it done in November like they say.

Old
10-15-2011, 11:09 AM
cookiecutter

sorry??

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUTOMMIES View Post
You mean all 2 of them, one of which who is from Germany but came from Edmonton? I have, yes.

I see your home is being renovated. I had hoped like heck that's why you were quiet all summer. Oh well, I personally hope they get it done in November like they say.
So how did they play, the two of them I mean. Not sure about your home renovation comment. No reno in my abode? I got to talk to the Europeans and they were considering elsewhere. and ....btw good luck...with your personality improvement course you are taking. I see you paid up for the rest of the decade.

Old
10-15-2011, 02:00 PM
SnipeShow91

Quote:
who cares where they come from as long as they play for STU and play well. Seriously? Would you rather have 20 local girls and get smoked or would you rather have girls from all over the place and win. Sometimes STU fans dont know what they really want.

Old
10-15-2011, 02:24 PM
STUTOMMIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeShow91 View Post
who cares where they come from as long as they play for STU and play well. Seriously? Would you rather have 20 local girls and get smoked or would you rather have girls from all over the place and win. Sometimes STU fans dont know what they really want.
She's not a STU fan Snipeshow, she is a troll. As Gleanerguy said once, back under your bridge troll, which btw, I hope is opened in November.

Old
10-15-2011, 02:41 PM
SnipeShow91

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUTOMMIES View Post
She's not a STU fan Snipeshow, she is a troll. As Gleanerguy said once, back under your bridge troll, which btw, I hope is opened in November.
you just never know sometimes...trolls or squirrels

Old
10-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

hey folks i hope don't mind me asking here but do you know which thread over here follows the university of miami ohio? I want to get some input from one of the leaf prospects.

Old
10-16-2011, 06:09 AM
STUTOMMIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
hey folks i hope don't mind me asking here but do you know which thread over here follows the university of miami ohio? I want to get some input from one of the leaf prospects.
Not sure if there has been a separate thread created for Miami Ohio but you are in the right place. You could start a thread specifically for them or start a thread below on just the prospect and see who replies. Good luck.

Old
10-17-2011, 10:56 AM
cookiecutter

Let the Truth be known

Snipeshow, Just so you know the truth;
Glearner guy was upset with me because he heard from the brass at STU that there would not be a full time assistant coach. I heard from the brass that there would be. He heard wrong and got upset with me. If you wanted to be silly and take the time to re-read the posts on this thread, you would find that to be true. I did not support either coach (mens or womens) and I let that be known here. I did not support Eagles as AD(long story). There used to be a thread at STU, but they were tracing IP numbers to find out who was posting. Not certain if No Squirrels allowed was a part of that or not. I support STU mens hockey and the new coach.

Old
10-18-2011, 12:04 AM
gleanerguy

Quote:
Snipeshow, Just so you know the truth;
Glearner guy was upset with me because he heard from the brass at STU that there would not be a full time assistant coach. I heard from the brass that there would be. He heard wrong and got upset with me. If you wanted to be silly and take the time to re-read the posts on this thread, you would find that to be true. I did not support either coach (mens or womens) and I let that be known here. I did not support Eagles as AD(long story). There used to be a thread at STU, but they were tracing IP numbers to find out who was posting. Not certain if No Squirrels allowed was a part of that or not. I support STU mens hockey and the new coach.
Not sure why I keep getting dragged into this. Not upset with you CC, or any of the developments at STU. Genuinely did not, and do not care how they go about making the program at STU competitive. As a fan and reporter, simply want to see a team that competes hard and has a chance to win every night. I believe they've got the people in place now who will take the team in that direction.
That's about all I'm going to say on this subject, at least in this forum. Leave me out of it, please.

Old
10-18-2011, 04:32 AM
STUTOMMIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleanerguy View Post
Not sure why I keep getting dragged into this. Not upset with you CC, or any of the developments at STU. Genuinely did not, and do not care how they go about making the program at STU competitive. As a fan and reporter, simply want to see a team that competes hard and has a chance to win every night. I believe they've got the people in place now who will take the team in that direction.
That's about all I'm going to say on this subject, at least in this forum. Leave me out of it, please.
Good answer GG but following CC's pattern, prepare for the sucker punch and a stupid question to keep the non-discussion going.

Old
10-18-2011, 06:22 AM
cookiecutter

Framed

Gleaner Guy,
I do not wish to banter outside of hockey issues either. No Sqs Allowed drug you into this by telling Snipeshow you called me a troll. No Squirrels Allowed(NSA) just wants to keep a fight going for his amusement. I am not buying into this any more. His type is usually linked to little man syndrome. They ususally enjoy any power they can get, especially over females, because they cannot compete in a mans world. His next post will probably say that I am not a STU fan, or something to one up me. I am just wanting him to go away.

Re mens hockey: I like the energy Ryan brings. I hope they give him time to "cycle" through the draft and rebuild a team. STU is a small university and we just need to compete in the upper three or four. That will attract quality players who want to be seen in a good division.

Old
10-18-2011, 03:48 PM
STUTOMMIES

I thought this was a good article and wanted to share it with Tommie fans and anyone else who wishes to read it.

http://stutommies.com/2011/10/new-ho...-by-chris.html

Old
10-18-2011, 04:49 PM
AUS Fan

Good article.
I was talking to Chris Friday night at Dal and he was very upbeat about the team and the attitude in the room.

Old
10-18-2011, 05:37 PM
STUTOMMIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS Fan View Post
Good article.
I was talking to Chris Friday night at Dal and he was very upbeat about the team and the attitude in the room.
When you think about it, that in itself is a HUGE accomplishment.

Old
10-18-2011, 10:27 PM
gleanerguy

I thought it was a good story too...passed along to the folks at the Aquinian to give my congratulations to Chris. Well written, with good insights. He'll do well.

Old
10-20-2011, 04:55 PM
AUShockeyfan

Just finished reading the article on the MHL site and looked to post it here - glad someone already did. Very well done....

Old
10-22-2011, 07:22 AM
STUTOMMIES

Just going to make a few comments about last night's game. Most people didn't see Daniel Barteck grab Mike Reich's head and slam it off the back of the net last night. Reich went down (rightfully so) but when he got up, he skated away. Incredibly disciplined and I had to call Mike out on it. Check out the stats, the Tommies are the most disciplined team in the league after 3 games with UNB a close second. This did not happen last year and may not last, but Ryan is pushing it.

The Tigers got the last bounce that ended up being the winner. It could have gone either way but it was an entertaining game no matter what.

I see lots of positives for STU but perhaps not many wins this seasons. I think it will be OK. Long term thinking needed. Our webcasts are going well, a few kinks, nothing major. The school is doing better with promotion (Thank God, I want to retire) and there is some interest creeping back in. When the wins start to come people will return.

If things stayed the same as they are right now in Fredericton with the only change being the Tommies winning, IMO, we would grab more of the casual fans. Last night proved that STU can compete with UNB's little circus and if we keep it up, you are going to see things like the way they use to be.

Old
10-22-2011, 09:31 AM
gleanerguy

Lots of atmosphere in the place -- some of it having to do with what was happening on the ice, some not -- but yes, a very entertaining game. After Tommies went down 3-1 on the Breault breakaway goal, I figured they were done: instead they got it back within 30 seconds, and tied it up on an Andicropolous shortie.
Asked Pete Belliveau what he felt the biggest difference was in this year's team and last year and he said: discipline.
So it starts there: discipline. Heart to come back when they would have folded last year. Two pretty important components. Plug in more talent, which will be done in time, and they'll be OK. They're worth supporting.

Old
10-22-2011, 11:39 AM
AUS Fan

Good to see positive comments coming from a STU game.

Stay the course and with time things will improve

Old
10-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Rob

I caught a little bit of the STU vs Acadia game tonight online.

The quality of the feed is fine but it is the actual camera angle that is horrid. When they used to have the games on cable 10 back in the day I am pretty sure they would have the camera up in the booth.

Old
10-29-2011, 07:39 PM
STUTOMMIES

BIG win tonight. Way to go!!! Huge weight lifted right there. These guys are out there every shift working their tails off. Big win for the team.

Old
10-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Rob

Against a very worthy opponent as well!

Closed Thread