HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

STU Tommies

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2013, 11:44 AM
rantfather

vCash: 500
Thanks to Alan Bentley, English Professor at STU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS Fan View Post
I would suggest that everyone take a deep breath and refrain from responding to rantfather. If there was an Ignore button, I would use it. Passion for your team is one thing (the UNB people certainly have it), but this crusade against Eagles has gone too far a long time ago. This will be my last public response to anything rantfather says. All of us have stated our desire for STU to get better and most of us are content to leave the past behind. This is NOT a personal attack against you, so please do not take it as such. Happy Canada tomorrow.
"FACTS DO NOT CEASE TO.EXIST BECAUSE THEY ARE IGNORED"

Aldous Huxley.

Old
06-30-2013, 12:41 PM
timbitca

Sounds like a good hire for STU, wish him the best.

How's about we send rantfather to MT A with Jack so they can relive the good old days 24/7 and leave us to enjoy the discussion here and the forthcoming hockey season?

Old
07-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Nick Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS Fan View Post
I would suggest that everyone take a deep breath and refrain from responding to rantfather. If there was an Ignore button, I would use it.
This entire thread started as Rantfather's own vendetta against Eagles in one way or another. See the very first post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantfather View Post
What Gives with STU mens hockey ?

Questions-
Why is it that Coach-A/D Eagles cannot attract and retain sufficient player personel to rise above last place in the AUS these last 2 years?

Can it be that he is his own boss and has no accountability to anyone but to himself?

Eagles performance as a coach and recruiter has declined steadily since his hiring with no remedy in sight.

There was a time that STU was recruiting some of the best of AUS hockey,what has occurred since Eagle takeover?

Is it not time to initiate a full scale investigation as to what are the problems and what are the solutions.

I believe that STU is in an enviable academic position in that students can take advantage of different academic interests from UNB to augment any CV.

It is becoming more apparent that current recruiting stratagies and coaching leadership are not working to attract sufficient numbers of student/atheletes to one of the finest Liberal Arts University in the country.
Perhaps a Tommies fan without defamatory intentions can create a new thread and put the Eagles hoarde to rest?

Rantfather, you emailed me earlier this year with your anti-Eagles argument urging me to look into it. You signed your real name along with your alias and asked me to keep your identity to myself.

I will (though I suspect many on here know), but I won't tolerate anonymous cheap shots against not only a fellow journalist, but a dear friend of mine who has my utmost respect.

On positive note, as a STUdent I'm extremely excited about this year's Tommies season with Powers at the helm. Had the pleasure of meeting him for the first time last year in Saskatoon. Seems like a stand-up guy.

Last edited by Nick Murray: 07-02-2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Typo
Old
07-02-2013, 01:53 PM
rantfather

Work on your tolerance!

Patrick Powers is certainly a standup guy who I have known since his Junior Petrolia days when he was often the.BEST player on the ice.

His impeccable background,athletically and academically will stand him in good stead in taking the Men's hockey forward.

There is a decent base upon which he can build a contender.

I believe that STU goaltending might be the best in the country.

GO TOMMIES GO!

Old
07-02-2013, 02:54 PM
SnipeShow91

We get it Rantfather, you have a crush on Powers. Give it a rest. All your posts are the same! About your goaltending being the best in the country, they don't have a capable back up goalie and Groenhyde can't save 70 shots a game every game. That should be Powers #1 priority in the 7 weeks he has to get players.

Old
07-02-2013, 05:14 PM
RED ARMY EAST

Even Dale would make more sense than this episode of the Benny Hill Show.

Old
07-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Murray View Post
Rantfather, you emailed me earlier this year with your anti-Eagles argument urging me to look into it. You signed your real name along with your alias and asked me to keep your identity to myself.
What a pointless and bush league statement for an aspiring journalist to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeShow91 View Post
We get it Rantfather, you have a crush on Powers. Give it a rest. All your posts are the same! About your goaltending being the best in the country, they don't have a capable back up goalie and Groenhyde can't save 70 shots a game every game. That should be Powers #1 priority in the 7 weeks he has to get players.
Give it a rest?? Good grief! Rantfather gets scolded by one poster for being negative towards Eagles and then gets scolded by another poster for being positive towards Powers. I'm pretty sure the point of this thread is to talk about the Tommies. I get that folks are sick and tired of him dumping on Eagles but to tell him to "Give it a rest" over a positive post about the program's new direction and franchise goalie is nothing short of asinine.

Closed Thread