HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Petrovic

Old
07-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140
Alex Petrovic

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...n+nhl+visentin

According to ESPN(not the best source, i know), Petrovic is NHL ready this season. I'm curious what you guys think about this? Is he ready? If so, where would he fit in the lineup?

I think the only locks are:
Wideman
McCabe
Allen
Kulikov

So does that potentially leave 2 spots for Gudbranson and Petrovic? Or do you only see Gudbranson making the team?

Thanks.

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 09:41 PM
TimHortons
Gud Night

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...n+nhl+visentin

According to ESPN(not the best source, i know), Petrovic is NHL ready this season. I'm curious what you guys think about this? Is he ready? If so, where would he fit in the lineup?

I think the only locks are:
Wideman
McCabe
Allen
Kulikov

So does that potentially leave 2 spots for Gudbranson and Petrovic? Or do you only see Gudbranson making the team?

Thanks.
You're missing Garrison. Also, Nate Paetsch/Keaton Ellerby would be fighting Gudbranson for the 6th D spot. In all likelihood, I could see Gud going back to junior. Petro has slim to no shot at an NHL roster spot this year. Another year in the Dub will serve him well.

TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Yeah, he might be able to survive in the NHL this year, but there's just no point. It would be foolish to put him in the NHL right now. Let him go back to junior for 2 more years and then preferably a year or two in the AHL. If we have that kind of patience with him, then I think he's going to turn out to be a very good NHL defenseman. I salivate thinking of Gud being on one pair and Petrovic on another. Both huge nasty d-men who can skate well and will fight anyone.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 02:15 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Petro would have to have a crazy camp to make the team. There are just too many guys ahead of him on the depth chart. It won't hurt to let him have another year in the WHL and a shot at the WJC team.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 07:12 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

theres no way guds and petro both make the team and i think it is pretty clear that guds would make it before petrovic would. petro will have plenty of time to develop and i look forward to watching him in about 2-3 years

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Would be nice to see Petrovic-Gudbranson for Canada in the WJC... that would be a ridiculous pairing! Maybe Howden and McFarland up front? Possibly against a USA team including Bjugstad, Brickley and Shore?

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 09:55 PM
KWGoon

I was going to say Kulikov made the team, so in theory Gudbranson or Petrovic should have the same chance. However, Kulikov was a few months older at camp time than EG or AP will be, it may make a difference.

BTW, is Canada still doing youth hockey with years of enrollment starting Jan 1st? Such that kids born in Jan are the oldest and those born in Dec are the youngest. At age 10 or 12 those extra few months make a big difference physically. For a long time this was the reason NHL players from Canada were all born in the first 4 months of the year. Canada basically has been throwing away more than half of its young player talent right off the bat. European football has for a long time had a similar setup. I don't know about US hockey.

KWGoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
I was going to say Kulikov made the team, so in theory Gudbranson or Petrovic should have the same chance. However, Kulikov was a few months older at camp time than EG or AP will be, it may make a difference.

BTW, is Canada still doing youth hockey with years of enrollment starting Jan 1st? Such that kids born in Jan are the oldest and those born in Dec are the youngest. At age 10 or 12 those extra few months make a big difference physically. For a long time this was the reason NHL players from Canada were all born in the first 4 months of the year. Canada basically has been throwing away more than half of its young player talent right off the bat. European football has for a long time had a similar setup. I don't know about US hockey.
offcourse they have a chance, but remember kulikov was fighting for a spot against all-time fan favorite koistinen, and we were trying to make the playoffs last year.. we NEEDED an upgrade on D badly, and kuli was there!
this year i wouldnt mind at all if no one from this draft makes the team, they all go back and dominate their respective leagues.

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 01:38 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post

I'm not sure on the rules, I know Quebec has different rules than the rest of the country, which is a big reason why they have lagged behind recently.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 07:57 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
offcourse they have a chance, but remember kulikov was fighting for a spot against all-time fan favorite koistinen, and we were trying to make the playoffs last year.. we NEEDED an upgrade on D badly, and kuli was there!
this year i wouldnt mind at all if no one from this draft makes the team, they all go back and dominate their respective leagues.
Hell yeah, he was the new and improved Cory Murphy!!

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Hell yeah, he was the new and improved Cory Murphy!!
Well, can't say that wasn't an accurate assessment lol...

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 07:20 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
I agree with this part. We are going to be so terrible this year IMO, that I'd rather these kids not waste a year of their contracts on such a bad team as it could also hurt their development.

However, maybe we were "trying" to make the playoffs, but I was saying before the season started that the Panthers would be terrible. There wasn't a mass following that agreed, but I felt strongly about it.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote