HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Timmins Silent on Drafted Prospects

Old
07-20-2010, 08:29 AM
ScopeHockey

vCash: 500
Timmins Silent on Drafted Prospects

Anyone have any idea why Timmins didn't address the media and give a little 'blurb' on each prospect that the Habs drafted? He typically did this in past years and it was interesting to hear what the Habs liked about each player, who he thought might be the 'steal of the draft', etc.

ScopeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 08:44 AM
jsol

Why attract the attention of lynch mobs? A lot of people lost their jobs this year in the Habs organization. For the record, I think he's fine and most of his picks seem to be panning out.

jsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 08:51 AM
goforit

Because Montreal's medias can be ****ing idiot.

goforit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 09:24 AM
VanNistelrooy

It was PG who told him to remain silent. I remember RDS saying a word about it.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 09:25 AM
alexstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
Anyone have any idea why Timmins didn't address the media and give a little 'blurb' on each prospect that the Habs drafted? He typically did this in past years and it was interesting to hear what the Habs liked about each player, who he thought might be the 'steal of the draft', etc.
Mathias Brunet replied to that question in his blog comments :
NO ONE comments to the media beside PG and JM since PG is "the man".

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 11:06 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

its simple... Gauthier is a control freak

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Might be the case, I don't know how it is in the administration, but concerning the medias, I think it's a great thing, all attention on PG, so everybody around him can just work quietly without being disturbed by medias... and like someone said, Timmins not talking about the prospects, gives less chance for overhyping, prospects goes under the radar, so if someone breaks out, great, if not, no big deal cause nobody (aside from us) would have heard of these guys anyway...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 11:28 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Gainey

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
It's actually the norm in big and public companies to restrain their employees from commenting their work. They have public relations people for that.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Turboflex*

HFboards was mean to Timmins.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Habs

Because the last one he bragged about was Andrei Kostitsyn.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Darz

Quote:
That is a good thing, imo.

07-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforit View Post
Because Montreal's medias can be ****ing idiot.
Exactly why the reason he should voice his opinions and his views....to enlighten most of them.

Nope. Habs prefer keeping them ignorant which to me is completely dumb. Tons of ignorant journalists in there informing the crowd who have almost no choice to believe them since you rarely hear the other side of the medal.

While I'm not THE greatest Timmins fan, I hear myself responding to those journalists and their stupid recriminations that they are making without making 1 single research about it. I know I could go to any shows and destroy most of their opinions that they would have no choice but to either agree or to go the girl way and finish with "Anyway......". In order to get an opinion you need 2 sides. When it comes to draft, you hear 1 side and Mathias Brunet. And rarely is Mathias invited to shows to explain his views. Did it 1 time last week with a big Timmins critic in Thériault (In all honestly, I share some of Thériault's views especially as far as Timmins 1st round success). So Thériault was open enough to invite Mathias, though he was not open enough in the end and did finish with....."Anyway....". Still for a fan perspective, you can have a much better understanding when there's actually a confrontation and you take whatever you want from it.

But what strikes me the most is that when we had all those shows, there were alwalys confrontations.....except when it came to the draft where everybody in their own ignorance agreed to agree.

This town, especially with those journalists, (not talking about hockey wise here....don't crucify me...), would have needed a Brian Burke. A guy who would not be afraid to confront them and give them straight forward answers. The cowards ones wouldn't dare confront them. The ignorant ones would be well informed.

Anybody thinks the media are afraid and informed by our past and actual organization? Then, they go on by saying whatever they want, some people buy it, and there goes the boos towards a young goalie, and all the other nonsense going around.

Yes, we all are responsible. And everything CANNOT always be the organization's fault. But as far as communication is concerned, well from a coach who doesn't talk to a player that is benched, to a GM who doesn't talk to an agent 'cause he doesn't feel I has to, to a head scout who can't talk anymore, their communication sucks and they are responsible a whole lot of the nonsense around the team. I'd wish they would respect their fans more by talking to them more. By not letting the journalists be the voice of this team.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote