HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

BOS/COL: Duchene

Old
01-25-2017, 02:17 PM
PlayMakers

vCash: 500
BOS/COL: Duchene

Brandon Carlo & Danton Heinen for Matt Duchene.

01-25-2017, 02:20 PM
Maukkis

Just doesn't seem to be enough. Carlo is nowhere near proven enough to be enough, and Heinen is more or less the same: good potential, not proven. You need to add something significant.

Maukkis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 02:24 PM
jw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMakers View Post
Still don't want to trade Carlo.

Also, this would have to be a secondary trade after trading away a F for a D.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 02:26 PM
Balthazar
Someone

I wouldn't want to buy high on Carlo. The deal for Duchene or Landeskog needs to be around McAvoy.

Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 02:30 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
I wouldn't want to buy high on Carlo. The deal for Duchene or Landeskog needs to be around McAvoy.
I agree but it sounds like sakic doesn't here

That said I don't think Heinen is enough of a plus

falconski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 02:46 PM
bbfan419

I would do Carlo + Heinen + Subban + one of Czarnik, Cehlarik, Donato or Fitzgerald for Duchene, provided the Bruins could get Krejci to waive his NMC for someone like a Trouba type player or a signed Shattenkirk. I think Sakic really likes Carlo and he is their target, could still be Zboril too, but I think the Colorado native Carlo and Heinen who played NCAA in Denver would be big draws for the avs, throw in a decent goalie prospect still and another young guy like a Czarnik.

bbfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 02:56 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
We have Wiercoich and Colborne who played for DU, nobody cares about the hometown kids angle. Duchene is a huge fan favorite, unless they are bringing in a name even the casual fans know then it will be a net loss from the fan perspective.

tigervixxxen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 03:29 PM
bear16

Colorado can do better. I'm not saying there isn't any value in the proposal... just not enough to justify shipping Duchene out.

bear16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 03:30 PM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

vCash: 50
Not interested in the slightest.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 03:34 PM
TheLegend27
Drouin is bae

vCash: 565
Why has no one suggested McAvoy and Carlo for Duchene? Both teams get what they want. Also, McAvoy and Carlo for Landeskog+ would potentially work.

TheLegend27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 03:35 PM
Bone Breaker

Quote:
Duchene is a huge fan favorite, unless they are bringing in a name even the casual fans know then it will be a net loss from the fan perspective.
Chara + Heinen

to the OP- not enough. what about McAvoy + 2018 1st + ?

Bone Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 03:43 PM
Dr Danglefest
Lindros|Giroux|Krug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicBoltsFan View Post
Why has no one suggested McAvoy and Carlo for Duchene? Both teams get what they want. Also, McAvoy and Carlo for Landeskog+ would potentially work.
Because the Bruins Blueline is terrible and their #1 is knocking on retirement...so shipping out their top two defensive prospects for a forward would be incredibly foolish

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 03:53 PM
chet1926

If we are talking Duchene the only name that interests me is McAvoy. If it's Landeskog then I'd be thinking Carlo.

It's not the worst proposal I've seen for Duchene, just feel like he has better value than the main piece being Carlo.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 03:54 PM
cgf
FireBednarsSuccessor

McAvoy with a significant plus, that's what Duchene or Landeskog would cost the Bruins.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 03:56 PM
BruinLVGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicBoltsFan View Post
Not the Bruins. We have been trying to fix the defense by all means and trading the two best young promising D is EXACTLY the OPPOSITE of "what we want".

BruinLVGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 04:09 PM
PlayMakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Breaker View Post
Chara + Heinen

to the OP- not enough. what about McAvoy + 2018 1st + ?
That would be too rich for my blood. I'd swap Heinen with the 1st if you thought that meant more value. Personally, I would rather keep Heinen than the 1st.

McAvoy... That's tough for me. Obviously he's a high-profile prospect but honestly, if he could come in next year and do what Carlo did this year I'd consider that a huge win. Carlo's playing against top lines at 19, he kills penalties, he leads all D not named Chara in ES TOI, he's one of only 2 defensemen (Krug is the other) that they're willing to play in 3on3 OT...

I actually expected more Bruins fans to come in here and say they wouldn't do the deal, that Carlo was too important to the Bruins rebuild.

PlayMakers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 04:15 PM
BruinLVGA

Quote:
That would be too rich for my blood. I'd swap Heinen with the 1st if you thought that meant more value. Personally, I would rather keep Heinen than the 1st.

McAvoy... That's tough for me. Obviously he's a high-profile prospect but honestly, if he could come in next year and do what Carlo did this year I'd consider that a huge win. Carlo's playing against top lines at 19, he kills penalties, he leads all D not named Chara in ES TOI, he's one of only 2 defensemen (Krug is the other) that they're willing to play in 3on3 OT...

I actually expected more Bruins fans to come in here and say they wouldn't do the deal, that Carlo was too important to the Bruins rebuild.
Count me in. Carlo and/or McAvoy = immediate no go from this Bruins fan.

BruinLVGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 04:20 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

For comparison,

A Landeskog for Carlo trade would be close, even though as an Avs fan I would not move him for Brandon. On the other hand, Duchene's starting price is McAvoy and NOTHING less.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 04:21 PM
PlayMakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
McAvoy with a significant plus, that's what Duchene or Landeskog would cost the Bruins.
It will be interesting to see what these guys actually go for if they're eventually dealt.

Larsson got Taylor Hall.

I would rather Carlo than Larsson. Carlo already plays more minutes than Larsson overall, at ES, on the PK, all Carlo. He's 4 years younger and has 2 years left on his ELC. I think most considered that EDM/NJ deal a bad one at the time so maybe it's not a great measuring stick, but when you look at other recent deals for all-star caliber forwards, that one is probably one of the better ones.

Either way, I don't think either fan base will be disappointed at having to keep Carlo/Duchene if the teams can't reach an agreement.

Old
01-25-2017, 04:24 PM
cgf
FireBednarsSuccessor

Quote:
It will be interesting to see what these guys actually go for if they're eventually dealt.

Larsson got Taylor Hall.

I would rather Carlo than Larsson. Carlo already plays more minutes than Larsson overall, at ES, on the PK, all Carlo. He's 4 years younger and has 2 years left on his ELC. I think most considered that EDM/NJ deal a bad one at the time so maybe it's not a great measuring stick, but when you look at other recent deals for all-star caliber forwards, that one is probably one of the better ones.

Either way, I don't think either fan base will be disappointed at having to keep Carlo/Duchene if the teams can't reach an agreement.
How so? RyJo was traded for a much stronger return even though he to was 2.5 years away from being able to reach UFA, ROR was traded for a much stronger return even though he was just 1 year away from being able to reach UFA, so how is the Hall trade a better measuring stick? Especially when that's the only one that involves a winger instead of a center.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 04:24 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
Larsson is a lot more proven. There a lot of young D who have had a good 6 months. The Avs are conservative in development, they aren't going to play a 20 year old in that role.

tigervixxxen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 04:25 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:

Larsson got Taylor Hall.
With all due respect, this trade doesn't matter to us. Oilers had to eventually move somebody and decided to overpay for Larsson. Avs can keep all their players and suck next year to draft Dahlin, Wilde, or McIsaac. We don't really need to move Duchene or Landeskog except for an offer that helps our team.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2017, 04:30 PM
PlayMakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
How so? RyJo was traded for a much stronger return even though he to was 2.5 years away from being able to reach UFA, ROR was traded for a much stronger return even though he was just 1 year away from being able to reach UFA, so how is the Hall trade a better measuring stick? Especially when that's the only one that involves a winger instead of a center.
Fair points. I was thinking about the Seguin and Kessel deals.

Old
01-25-2017, 04:33 PM
Meeqs

Quote:
Considering it has been reported that Duchene will cost more than Gabe and the Avs ask of Bos when they called on him was Carlo, Debrusk, 1st and Miller I think its safe to say that will not be enough

Meeqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2017, 11:59 AM
OneManIsNoMan

Count me in the camp of McAvoy/Carlo hsa non-starters. I like Landeskog, but not enough to give up either of our two young RHD.

OneManIsNoMan is offline   Reply With Quote