HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scary ?

Old
07-20-2010, 01:27 PM
MontrealHabitant

vCash: 500
Scary ?

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/302885.html

Check the talkbacks, when did we as a population get to this stupidity level ? I mean OK - I've seen dumb stuff in the past but nowhere near that level of stupidity - the worst is that most of these opinions are from people that actually are "professionals" in their domain - even more scary !

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Auld ou Price à Hamilton
ROFL

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Habsfan22100

Wow

Habsfan22100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
There is a reason why I havent read RDS' talkbacks for over 6 years

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 01:44 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

RDS - TSN - ESPN talkbacks = good laughs

But ROFL at the Simon Gagné article's talkback on RDS.ca: they think Gauthier should have gotten Gagné

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Jakomyte

There's a fresh reason why the Habs should have kept Halak over Price... Because Halak would have been a better mentor for the team's real future #1, Desjardins.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:54 PM
TankEller*

Whether you like it or not, most fans are like this. And this is the very reason why I'm anxious after the management's decision to deal Halak instead of Price. The fans just might never forgive it and blame Price for how the management mismanaged the goalies situation in the past few years.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:56 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5on3 View Post
RDS - TSN - ESPN talkbacks = good laughs

But ROFL at the Simon Gagné article's talkback on RDS.ca: they think Gauthier should have gotten Gagné
They don't think Gauthier should have gotten Gagne. They think Gauthier LET GAGNE PASS right below his nose. Which is even worse put this way.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Analyzer

Quote:
Il faut échanger Desjardins.
lolwut ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 03:58 PM
mtl_felix

I laugh whenever I hear "Montreal is a knowledgeable hockey city."

Most of the fans know jack ****, but pretend to.

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:04 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
lolwut ?
this is what he said

Honestly, I wonder why Desjardins did not simply set sail for another organization, following his sparkling campaign. With the number of teams struggling with salary cap, it could have offered an alternative more than tempting for several DGs, and onto a bench in the NHL as a substitute, waiting his chance. Philadelphia would have been an option some ...

Yet the message is clear: if you have not been recovered by Timmins, you're labeled "minor league player" in the CH. He had to know. At 24, it is high time that Cedrick passes to the next level, I think. However, in July, the approach of Gauthier was oriented looking for auxiliary experience for Carey Price, and we certainly did not want another "aspiring to the position of Number One" as was the case with Halak. .. To do this, it took TWO attempts, Ellis and Auld. This persistence can be explained by the partiellememt need some experience in the league but, knowing the business culture of the CH, it does not bode well for the tall blond in La Pocatière. If it did not take the damn experience in Montreal, he can NEVER fill the role he intended. I would add that the reputation of perseverance and hard work that sticks to Desjardins may begin to fear the "Clan Price" which would certainly not have the legs ... It harms the image of the Product Price.

Clearly, it will take an alignment of the stars shows up for Desjardins in Montreal, just as was the case for Halak, three years ago. Phew!

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:04 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl_felix View Post
I laugh whenever I hear "Montreal is a knowledgeable hockey city."

not so fast buddy, did u know who Randy Cunneyworth was??

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:05 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
not so fast buddy, did u know who Randy Cunneyworth was??

oh noes
hope this meme will end up soon
we started a monster with cunneyworth

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Analyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
this is what he said

Honestly, I wonder why Desjardins did not simply set sail for another organization, following his sparkling campaign. With the number of teams struggling with salary cap, it could have offered an alternative more than tempting for several DGs, and onto a bench in the NHL as a substitute, waiting his chance. Philadelphia would have been an option some ...

Yet the message is clear: if you have not been recovered by Timmins, you're labeled "minor league player" in the CH. He had to know. At 24, it is high time that Cedrick passes to the next level, I think. However, in July, the approach of Gauthier was oriented looking for auxiliary experience for Carey Price, and we certainly did not want another "aspiring to the position of Number One" as was the case with Halak. .. To do this, it took TWO attempts, Ellis and Auld. This persistence can be explained by the partiellememt need some experience in the league but, knowing the business culture of the CH, it does not bode well for the tall blond in La Pocatière. If it did not take the damn experience in Montreal, he can NEVER fill the role he intended. I would add that the reputation of perseverance and hard work that sticks to Desjardins may begin to fear the "Clan Price" which would certainly not have the legs ... It harms the image of the Product Price.

Clearly, it will take an alignment of the stars shows up for Desjardins in Montreal, just as was the case for Halak, three years ago. Phew!
Ahh ****, i didn't know there was more than just the little title. I wouldn't have understood all that, so thanks.

Some days I'm glad I don't get French all that well.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:07 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Damn Cunneyworth, it's already spreading, and me saying it's spreading will make it spread more. The question is...am I intentionally trying to spread it? Only Randy knows.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:08 PM
JackieChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
They don't think Gauthier should have gotten Gagne. They think Gauthier LET GAGNE PASS right below his nose. Which is even worse put this way.
Well it IS sentimental over-reaction and fabulation all over the place, but this part is actually true: Gagne's agent called Gauthier since Gagne was interested in playing here, but Gauthier waived it off saying they didn't have the money to make it happen. I heard Sauve say it himself on air.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
Yeah. They are all loud and opinionated. It's sad, but talk-backs are a pretty accurate representation of what people in this city think. I just wish they would shut up if they don't know what they're talking about.

That's why I like coming here. If someone says something untrue or illogical he gets shot down almost instantaneously.

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:18 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post

That's why I like coming here. If someone says something untrue or illogical he gets shot down almost instantaneously.
God help us if this board is considered sane or logical.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Firestar27

At the same time, it's not better to come here acting like only your opinion is good. I mean, I see sometimes on these boards people complaining about other fans that are angry we didn't keep Halak. Sorry but I'm one of those who thinks we should've kept him, I do not have faith in Price and it's my opinion and as long as the season hasn't started, well it's worth the same thing as yours. Some people here follow blindly what the organisation does, if I do not agree with many past decisions Gainey did, well it doesn't mean I do not know anything about Hockey.

Seriously, it's like blaming someone for liking player X better than player Y, it's all about personal opinions and you cannot bash everything you see that you do not agree with. (I'm not targeting anyone in particular, just stating my opinion here).

And those saying we should've tried to get Gagne aren't necessary wrong. I mean, we lack a few players that are able to play in the top 6... Gagne when he ain't hurt can be one.

Last edited by Firestar27: 07-20-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Firestar27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:26 PM
mtl_felix

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
lol well it is safe to say this board is ten times better than talkbacks or CKAC phone calls, for one thing.

This board gets its fair share of idiots, but its not THAT bad haha.

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
I think it is. Maybe not right after trades or signings, but once the dust settles it's a pretty rational board IMO.

Beats any other one I've read anyways, and certainly beats talkbacks, lignes ouvertes, general public's opinions, etc.

Old
07-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
lol well it is safe to say this board is ten times better than talkbacks or CKAC phone calls, for one thing.

This board gets its fair share of idiots, but its not THAT bad haha.
beat me to it

Old
07-20-2010, 04:34 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
Well it IS sentimental over-reaction and fabulation all over the place, but this part is actually true: Gagne's agent called Gauthier since Gagne was interested in playing here, but Gauthier waived it off saying they didn't have the money to make it happen. I heard Sauve say it himself on air.
Yeah I guess when you bring up this fact they are not wrong, but I still think that people don't even think about the facts when they say something like this. They believe it's Gauthier, the GM with the player they want, and the GM that gets that player they want in the end. All 27 other teams don't exist and didn't let Gagne go, we did. It's the same thing with the draft..

And maybe Gauthier is actually smart and will wait 1 more season instead of trading everybody just to make space for a 5M injury-prone to become UFA player. Then, Hamrlik will be UFA, Gagne will be UFA, and we could potentially get him for nothing considering we know he has interest in playing here.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 05:05 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
What people don't understand is that Desjardins is no better than Sandford who can't handle the NHL.

What RDS doesn't understand is that Desjardins is from New Brunswick.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 05:11 PM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
What people don't understand is that Desjardins is no better than Sandford who can't handle the NHL.

What RDS doesn't understand is that Desjardins is from New Brunswick.
You are wrong, he speaks french so he IS a quebecer

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote