HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-2011 Florida Panthers Prospect Poll #7

View Poll Results: Who is the Panthers #7 Ranked Prospect?
Quinton Howden - LW [2010 - 25th Overall] 17 40.48%
Jason Garrison - D [FA] 5 11.90%
Keaton Ellerby - D [2007 - 10th Overall] 5 11.90%
Kenndal McArdle - LW [2005 - 20th Overall] 0 0%
John McFarland - C [2010 - 33rd Overall] 9 21.43%
Alexander Petrovic - D [2010 - 36th Overall] 2 4.76%
Drew Shore - C [2009 - 44th Overall] 1 2.38%
Alexander Salak - G [FA] 2 4.76%
Evgeni Dadonov - RW [2007 - 71st Overall] 1 2.38%
Marc Cheverie - G [2006 - 193rd Overall] 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-21-2010, 01:44 AM
Gudbranson44

vCash: 500
howden, add the brick

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 07:18 AM
LuckyLuke87

Considering McFarland quality propect really shows how desparate and pathetic Panthers are. This pick made me angry and forced me to question Dale's abilities...and Chicago's draft history with Tallon as their GM proved me right. Only Kane and Toews (no-brainers), one lucky Hjalmarsson in 4th and then big fat nothing... McFarland is total waste of pick, talent is worthless with these guys, who won't pay the price, because they are too lazy. He is top 20 talent but he's certain bust, so don't waste time with him...

LuckyLuke87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 07:23 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuke87 View Post
Considering McFarland quality propect really shows how desparate and pathetic Panthers are. This pick made me angry and forced me to question Dale's abilities...and Chicago's draft history with Tallon as their GM proved me right. Only Kane and Toews (no-brainers), one lucky Hjalmarsson in 4th and then big fat nothing... McFarland is total waste of pick, talent is worthless with these guys, who won't pay the price, because they are too lazy. He is top 20 talent but he's certain bust, so don't waste time with him...
So you're a billionaire who has won multiple lotteries I take it? Turned your multiple lottery winnings into stock fortunes as well?

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Mogo
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 814
Would Kulikov gone #2 in this pool before Guds?

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I surely would have voted him there, but it's hard to say with hindsight being 20/20. Ask LuckyLuke87, he is the only one capable of seeing the future here.

Old
07-21-2010, 10:06 AM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Quote:
Kuli would definitely (in my eyes) have gone before Gudbranson and slotted in at #2.

He was an integral part of the Drummondville Volts throughout the year and especially in their Memorial Cup run(57GP 12-50-62). He acquitted himself quite well in his first year in the Q by demonstrating great vision, outlet passing and a penchant for unleashing a bomb on the PP. He has the potential to be a hell of a player. Comparisons thrown around by a lot of people is Andrei Markov, the anchor for Montreal's D.

TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Mogo
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 814
Quote:
That sentence summed up most talented czechs

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:40 AM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
Kuli would definitely (in my eyes) have gone before Gudbranson and slotted in at #2.

He was an integral part of the Drummondville Volts throughout the year and especially in their Memorial Cup run(57GP 12-50-62). He acquitted himself quite well in his first year in the Q by demonstrating great vision, outlet passing and a penchant for unleashing a bomb on the PP. He has the potential to be a hell of a player. Comparisons thrown around by a lot of people is Andrei Markov, the anchor for Montreal's D.
i would rank kulikov over markstrom myself. markstrom hasnt done anything in the ahl or nhl for that matter. kulikov having done so well this last year i think he is our brightest young player. markstrom may eclipse him at some point, but for now id say kulikov is the top young player we have other than maybe frolik.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 12:29 PM
305Pantera

IMO Garrison made the best of his time with the Panthers. He made some plays and as far as I remember, and I've learned to have a short-term memory , he was decent on defense. I really don't remember curing his name that much at least? That being said, I suppose, I'd have to vote for JG. Mainly cause he has already contributed to this club, and earned a roster spot.

305Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 02:06 PM
panthersfan751

Howden, add Brickley.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 03:37 PM
16Skippy

A lot of people want to add Brickley...did I miss something?

16Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 03:42 PM
hockeyDude09

You kidding no Jenks. This kid is even under the radar on a blog

LOL

hockeyDude09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Skippy View Post
A lot of people want to add Brickley...did I miss something?
He's a very solid prospect. Was a good scorer in the USHL, adds a great physical element, and was a big part of USA winning the U18s.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 05:20 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 05:41 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyDude09 View Post
You kidding no Jenks. This kid is even under the radar on a blog

LOL
Speaks to the depth of the system. Brickley was a 2nd rounder, I think he is getting overshadowed because he was our 6th pick in the draft.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:08 PM
LuckyLuke87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
So you're a billionaire who has won multiple lotteries I take it? Turned your multiple lottery winnings into stock fortunes as well?
Unfortunately, I'm not. But I use my eyes when I watch players, not unrealistic desires like most Panthers fans do...

Old
07-21-2010, 06:12 PM
LuckyLuke87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I surely would have voted him there, but it's hard to say with hindsight being 20/20. Ask LuckyLuke87, he is the only one capable of seeing the future here.
Oh man, thanks for appreciation of my scouting skills Well, Kulikov would definitely be #2, he's more talented than Gud is. I would even consider him #1, it's probably draw with Jacob...

Old
07-21-2010, 06:20 PM
LuckyLuke87

Quote:
That sentence summed up most talented czechs
And point relating with topic is?

Btw, as long as lazy Czechs beat crap out of "hard-working" Finns every single World Championship, I'm pretty content... How many Championships have you won recently, I can't remeber

Old
07-21-2010, 06:46 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
And point relating with topic is?

Btw, as long as lazy Czechs beat crap out of "hard-working" Finns every single World Championship, I'm pretty content... How many Championships have you won recently, I can't remeber
1995 we beat you in the olympics as well.we'll take it when it counts . congrats on winning this year though i was extremely suprised vokoun was AWESOME.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 07:18 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 605
Quote:
So the cats should have drafted a euro instead? Is that why your knickers are in a pinch? McFarland could have easily gone first round under different circumstances. He has huge upside. A bit of a gamble? Sure. Seeing how he performs this season especially now that the Wolves drafted Andrei Kuchin as a possible linemate will give us a better idea. He has been playing on a relatively weak team in the OHL which would affect anyones numbers.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 07:24 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 605
Take Garrison off the list. It's pretty clear a lot of us don't consider him a prospect anymore regardless of your rules and its affecting the outcome. Or make a new rule about being over the age of 24.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 07:59 PM
16Skippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
He's a very solid prospect. Was a good scorer in the USHL, adds a great physical element, and was a big part of USA winning the U18s.
Who would you compare him with?

16Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Skippy View Post
Who would you compare him with?
I don't know really. I guess Chris Kunitz.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 07:09 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
So the cats should have drafted a euro instead? Is that why your knickers are in a pinch? McFarland could have easily gone first round under different circumstances. He has huge upside. A bit of a gamble? Sure. Seeing how he performs this season especially now that the Wolves drafted Andrei Kuchin as a possible linemate will give us a better idea. He has been playing on a relatively weak team in the OHL which would affect anyones numbers.
Bingo! I for one am glad that the Panthers finally took a risk. Every freaking year, they take the guys that are MORE likely to reach their potential -- their potential of a 3rd line grinder. It just pisses me off to be honest. I'd rather see them take a few more risks and that's what McFarland is. If he pans out, we will make out like bandits, if he doesn't big deal, we had an abundance of picks. It's not like (well, one person aside) we are praising him as one of our TOP prospects. I think most of us are pretty realistic about where he stands.

Old
07-22-2010, 09:31 AM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Take Garrison off the list. It's pretty clear a lot of us don't consider him a prospect anymore regardless of your rules and its affecting the outcome. Or make a new rule about being over the age of 24.
You're entitled to your own opinion and you can voice it through the voting system. I am going to continue to include Garrison on this list, as he has the qualifications of a prospect. If you want more information regarding his candidacy, refer to Poll #4.

TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote