HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which team will you take? (Canadiens or Lightning)

View Poll Results: Which
Montreal Canadiens 246 72.35%
Montreal Lightning 94 27.65%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-24-2010, 07:25 AM
ReVeuF

vCash: 500
My vote is to get all the staff from TB and swap it with the Habs, keeping Habs history and everything, just players and management swap. I just cannot believe the number of fans with rose coloured glasses here... or you guys think we swap the history as well and that is why so many voted to keep the team like it is. Of course if the vote was to swap history and the 24 Cups as well I would vote Habs...

So 75% would not like a team with Yzerman, Boucher, Lecavalier, Gagné, St-Louis, Malone, Hedman, Stamkos, Downie etc... wow just wow... you guys lost all objectivity.

I mean for the show on the ice alone it worth the swap, the funniest part is 75% of people will still complain about Martin boring system or Gauthier not doing much to improve the team etc... Yzerman so far is impressive compared to Gauthier, he basically stole Gagné from Philly (Flyers fans are really complaining since the trade).

Last edited by ReVeuF: 07-24-2010 at 07:36 AM.
ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 07:37 AM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
My vote is to get all the staff from TB and swap it with the Habs, keeping Habs history and everything, just players and management swap. I just cannot believe the number of fans with rose coloured glasses here... or you guys think we swap the history as well and that is why so many voted to keep the team like it is. Of course if the vote was to swap history and the 24 Cups as well I would vote Habs...

So 75% would not like a team with Yzerman, Boucher, Lecavalier, Gagné, St-Louis, Malone, Hedman, Stamkos, Downie etc... wow just wow... you guys lost all objectivity.

I mean for the show on the ice alone it worth the swap, the funniest part is 75% of people will still complain about Martin boring system or Gauthier not doing much to improve the team etc... Yzerman so far is impressive compared to Gauthier.
You know what? I'd switch management and coaching and that's it. I like Cammy, Gionta, Gomez, Plekanec, Eller, Markov, Subban, Gorges, Price. And I will like Avtsin, Tinordi, Leblanc, Kristo. I got a feeling I might end up thinking 'what if' if Yzerman and Boucher become successful.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 07:39 AM
ReVeuF

Switching management alone I will do in a heartbeat... I like Habs players too but the poll was on switching management+players.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 07:54 AM
bentheprop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
You know what? I'd switch management and coaching and that's it. I like Cammy, Gionta, Gomez, Plekanec, Eller, Markov, Subban, Gorges, Price. And I will like Avtsin, Tinordi, Leblanc, Kristo. I got a feeling I might end up thinking 'what if' if Yzerman and Boucher become successful.
my sentiments exactly.

bentheprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Subban76

Quote:

I mean for the show on the ice alone it worth the swap, the funniest part is 75% of people will still complain about Martin boring system or Gauthier not doing much to improve the team etc... Yzerman so far is impressive compared to Gauthier, he basically stole Gagné from Philly (Flyers fans are really complaining since the trade).
Yes I prefer the entire Habs roster vs. TB roster, including prospects. Way more depth and better prospects with the Habs. TB as no defense at all. Lecavalier is more overpaid than Gomez and stuck for many many more years. St-Louis is getting old. Gagné is there for 1 year only (no cap room next year for him) and Yzeman said so. Malone is Ok, nothing more. Downie? Except for Stamkos and Hedman, I do not envy their roster at all. Habs have a much better TEAM and future.

You talk of the great show they will give, but that team is about the same as last year and that show was a disaster to watch. No defense to transition the game. Same problem as last year and it will show again this year. Doesn't matter how many good forwards you have, they can't do much when you are stuck in your zone all the time.

As for management, can't comment yet. Yzerman and Boucher have not done anything yet. They are just a big unproven hype right now. The Yzerman hype is hilarious. What as Yzerman done so far that is so great?

Anyhow, anyone wanting to switch deserves to be banned for life. Habs all the way!!!

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Rose-colored glasses... gimme a friggin break LeVeuf.

I heard the same thing last season, and it was regarding the bolts, and it was also regarding the Leafs. How both teams were better than Habs, how they would battle for the playoffs and how the Habs would finish at the bottom of the east, and if someone didn't see this, they had rose-colored glasses.

I'm tired of arguing with people who have huge blinders. Tampa will be better, but they are coming from way down the conference standings. They still don't have a solid D. I hope for them that Boucher changes that.

But you see, that the entire problem here lies elsewhere, and it has nothing to do with rose-colored glasses. It has to do with the ever present mentality that the grass is always greener elsewhere. Malcontents whining because they don't get EVERYTHING they want.

The proof of this lies in the perception of Boucher vs Subban. Boucher is seen already has having a huge impact. Already the TB butt-lickers are SURE that he'll be a great coach right from the outset. Yet he has limited experience. Yet he has never coached pro milionaire players.

But in the case of Subban, who we did see in the NHL, whom we do have something to base ourselves upon, the impact he had when Markov wasn't therer, well his addition is diminished, there is no correlation made between what we were missing on D and what we'll now have, and the difference it will make. All that is trivialized.

What's changed in Tampa for the product on the ice? Mezsaros switched for Kubina. Gagné added. Coach Boucher added. Oh, and they lost Prospal, so it's not life Gagné isn't replacing anyone....

The improvement is not that much, and they were already low to start with.

It's the usual "easily impressed by other's team's moves, but always hard to impress with the Habs' moves".

If anyone replies to this, you will be doing so futily as I will not reply forth, as I've said, I've grown tired (like last summer) of arguing with people who are so easily swayed by emotional induced flawed logics.

Like last summer, the season will prove me right again.

Last edited by Ozymandias: 07-24-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 11:45 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Rose-colored glasses... gimme a friggin break LeVeuf.

I heard the same thing last season, and it was regarding the bolts, and it was also regarding the Leafs. How both teams were better than Habs, how they would battle for the playoffs and how the Habs would finish at the bottom of the east, and if someone didn't see this, they had rose-colored glasses.

I'm tired of arguing with people who have huge blinders. Tampa will be better, but they are coming from way down the conference standings. They still don't have a solid D. I hope for them that Boucher changes that.

But you see, that the entire problem here lies elsewhere, and it has nothing to do with rose-colored glasses. It has to do with the ever present mentality that the grass is always greener elsewhere. Malcontents whining because they don't get EVERYTHING they want.

The proof of this lies in the perception of Boucher vs Subban. Boucher is seen already has having a huge impact. Already the TB butt-lickers are SURE that he'll be a great coach right from the outset. Yet he has limited experience. Yet he has never coached pro milionaire players.

But in the case of Subban, who we did see in the NHL, whom we do have something to base ourselves upon, the impact he had when Markov wasn't therer, well his addition is diminished, there is no correlation made between what we were missing on D and what we'll now have, and the difference it will make. All that is trivialized.

What's changed in Tampa for the product on the ice? Mezsaros switched for Kubina. Gagné added. Coach Boucher added. Oh, and they lost Prospal, so it's not life Gagné isn't replacing anyone....

The improvement is not that much, and they were already low to start with.

It's the usual "easily impressed by other's team's moves, but always hard to impress with the Habs' moves".

If anyone replies to this, you will be doing so futily as I will not reply forth, as I've said, I've grown tired (like last summer) of arguing with people who are so easily swayed by emotional induced flawed logics.

Like last summer, the season will prove me right again.
They are about as sure as you were several weeks ago that he would become a great coach. You not expecting great things from him anymore?

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
They are about as sure as you were several weeks ago that he would become a great coach. You not expecting great things from him anymore?
If you think you can take me on with sophistry, go take a hike Gilligan. (and don't cry about the "personal attack", if you don't want any, start by debating the proper way instead of the dishonesty you just spewed.... Now you may be able to understand WHEN I make those attacks, you've got your reason right there : a reply to my post, filled with a stupid comment that has no bearing on what I DID say).

Becoming a great coach doesn't come from day 1 in the NHL. I guess you can't understand that. I guess you also forget that I was agreeing fully with Boucher that he might need several seasons in the AHL to make his coaching game better. You forgot that, right?

His team got eliminated by a defensive team in the AHL. And the same will happen in the NHL. Boucher also had some great puck-movers in Hamilton. I hope for him that Ohlund and Hedman do the trick.

There is a difference between saying someone will be a great coach, and thinking he will do so from the very beginning.

You are also avoiding this thing I brought up, trying to twist my words so you can completely avoid the obvious double-standard given to the additions of Boucher and Subban on their respective teams. Funny how you don't dabble too much into that (because you know the double-standard is so friggin obvious), and instead try to twist words I've said.

Can't wait to see you back here in 12 months and making up new excuses as to why the Habs were succesful (ECF finals) when you thought they wouldn't even make the playoffs, or if they would, they'd only do the first round...

Now don't bother me with other twisted logics and half-lies that I have to correct. If you are unable to debate properly (not using sophistry), well then do so with someone else.

Last edited by Ozymandias: 07-24-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old
07-24-2010, 12:14 PM
macavoy

Quote:
If anyone replies to this, you will be doing so futily as I will not reply forth
Quote:
If you think you can take me on with sophistry, go take a hike Gilligan.
liar liar pants on fire

[I better add a smiley )

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
liar liar pants on fire

[I better add a smiley )
He puts words into my mouth. He knew I would reply to that.

What If I said, "well Macavoy, didn't you say Boucher would win a cup with the Habs".

Wouldn't you want to corret the liar?

I won't argue over the subject of Canadiens vs TB, and I explained the reasons, but that didn't mean I wouldn't reply to someone who puts words into my mouth.

What I said stands (it's great you left out the end of that paragraph, huh? How dishonest of you), I will not argue further on the subject with those who are incapable of rational logic.

Old
07-24-2010, 12:22 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Montreal has good players. It's just that coming to Montreal seems to act like kryptonite. The underlying puck possession numbers of virtually everyone who's joined the Habs in the last 3 years took a drop, and those of the players who left went up. Lang and Tanguay who both joined and left over that period went down with the Habs and up with their other teams.
Robert Lang: 39 pts in 50 games with canadiens, 29 points in 64 games with coyotes.
Alex Tanguay: 41 pts in 50 games with canadiens, 37 points in 80 games with lightning.

Lang and Tanguay went up with other teams??? lol you are not very good at math

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Robert Lang: 39 pts in 50 games with canadiens, 29 points in 64 games with coyotes.
Alex Tanguay: 41 pts in 50 games with canadiens, 37 points in 80 games with lightning.

Lang and Tanguay went up with other teams??? lol you are not very good at math
Mathman has his 'I hate Jacques Martin' blinders on.

Old
07-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

And I'm sure the same people wishing for TB's team were wishing for Toronto's team+management before last season as well.

TB finished 12th last year. Everybody in management is a rookie, from the owner to the coach. They have a decent team but there are weak points especially on D. Hedman is the only one I'd take.

Will they be good?..probably better than last year at least.
Are they better than us?..No, I don't believe they are. So I have no reason to want a swap.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Tampa is much better positioned going forward, doesn't mean squat though if they don't manage it well. That said, I'd take TB over MTL any day from top to bottom.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

75% would keep our current addition of the Habs (ECF - Halak) over a team they have not seen play yet. What is so freaking crazy about that??..

If I'm going to start magically wishing for roster changes, might as well wish for Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, Backstrom, E.Staal, Toews, etc..to be on our team. At least I know I'd have the best all star team.

With TB, you don't know how good or bad they'll be and they have an incomplete roster.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty hates Sergei View Post
Tampa is much better positioned going forward, doesn't mean squat though if they don't manage it well. That said, I'd take TB over MTL any day from top to bottom.
How do you figure that? The only pros I see on TB's side are Stamkos, Hedman and management "potential".

St-Louis is 35 years old and may well start to slow down.
Lecavalier has not been his former PPG+ self since his myriade of injuries.
They have financial problems. Not only do they have to keep the raise in attendance they've had, but they have to upgrade it to raise their revenues so the team doesn't have a negative balance sheet as it still does. Meaning they might not be able to spend to the cap year in and year out, which is a huge disadvantage.

Habs have Markov, Subban, and I'm still not lost on Price either. They have Plekanec, Gomez, Gio and Cammy signed for at least the next 4 years. A crew that showed dedication, strong work, and strong defensive play.

The difference is, with the contracts ending soon on D, the Habs will be able to manoeuvre to make the team better as they have the financial ressources to do so, and the team was already much better than Tampa in terms of overall accomplishments in the last season or so. And Tampa didn't get that much better. They will battle for a playoff spot, that's for sure.

Habs have as many good young players coming in from drafts, if not more. One of Tampa's problems is depth, whereas the Habs is the team that develops the most NHLers in recent years.

Tampa has financial, attendance and performance problems to fix, and the Habs only had the latter to fix and have been doing a better job at it in recent years, a consequence of their better financial situation.

Old
07-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Little Nilan

Quote:
How do you figure that?
Much more talented core players. Proven they can developp star players, as opposed to Timmins' 0 consistent core players in 7 years. I like their coach a lot as well, while I grew to dislike Martins' "system" quite a bit.

Old
07-24-2010, 01:49 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
Yes I prefer the entire Habs roster vs. TB roster, including prospects. Way more depth and better prospects with the Habs. TB as no defense at all. Lecavalier is more overpaid than Gomez and stuck for many many more years. St-Louis is getting old. Gagné is there for 1 year only (no cap room next year for him) and Yzeman said so. Malone is Ok, nothing more. Downie? Except for Stamkos and Hedman, I do not envy their roster at all. Habs have a much better TEAM and future.

You talk of the great show they will give, but that team is about the same as last year and that show was a disaster to watch. No defense to transition the game. Same problem as last year and it will show again this year. Doesn't matter how many good forwards you have, they can't do much when you are stuck in your zone all the time.

As for management, can't comment yet. Yzerman and Boucher have not done anything yet. They are just a big unproven hype right now. The Yzerman hype is hilarious. What as Yzerman done so far that is so great?

Anyhow, anyone wanting to switch deserves to be banned for life. Habs all the way!!!
Has won Stanley Cups as a player with the Wings

Has won the GOLD medal at the last Winter Olympics.

'banned for life'

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
How do you figure that? The only pros I see on TB's side are Stamkos, Hedman and management "potential".

St-Louis is 35 years old and may well start to slow down.
Lecavalier has not been his former PPG+ self since his myriade of injuries.
They have financial problems. Not only do they have to keep the raise in attendance they've had, but they have to upgrade it to raise their revenues so the team doesn't have a negative balance sheet as it still does. Meaning they might not be able to spend to the cap year in and year out, which is a huge disadvantage.
How is this even a valid point? This is a discussion revolving around transplanting the TB roster (and management, I guess) in Montreal, and whether or not we'd do it. If that was the case, obviously the entirety of that remaining cap space becomes useful.

Quote:
Habs have Markov, Subban, and I'm still not lost on Price either. They have Plekanec, Gomez, Gio and Cammy signed for at least the next 4 years. A crew that showed dedication, strong work, and strong defensive play.

The difference is, with the contracts ending soon on D, the Habs will be able to manoeuvre to make the team better as they have the financial ressources to do so, and the team was already much better than Tampa in terms of overall accomplishments in the last season or so. And Tampa didn't get that much better. They will battle for a playoff spot, that's for sure.

Habs have as many good young players coming in from drafts, if not more. One of Tampa's problems is depth, whereas the Habs is the team that develops the most NHLers in recent years.

Tampa has financial, attendance and performance problems to fix, and the Habs only had the latter to fix and have been doing a better job at it in recent years, a consequence of their better financial situation.
Again, more about the financial situations of the teams... we're not debating whether or not to cheer for the Lightning over the Habs, lol. It seems like some people simply didn't get THAT memo (despite the poll option CLEARLY reading: Montreal Lightning, NOT the Tampa Bay Canadiens).

And Tampa's "problem" isn't really depth. If anything, it's youth. The Habs might have a long list of fringe NHLers/bottom 6 role players knocking on the door right now, and Price's potential can be viewed as an advantage in this comparison, but going forward I don't see Montreal as having an overall "calibre" advantage in the up-and-comers. If a team iced 30 players per game, Montreal might look stronger on paper due to the "depth". Looking at what each team has now, projecting them all 1 or 2 years from now (and beyond), and realizing that Montreal has to replace Spacek, Hammer, Gill, maybe even Markov, pehaps Auld - while TB might have to replace only Gagne, Hall, and Smith...

Come on, given the resources of the Canadiens, which roster do you think they could do more with as a starting point? And who's more likely to attract those crucial UFAs to fill the spots: Montreal GM Pierre Gauthier, or Canadian Olympic team GM Steve Yzerman?

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty hates Sergei View Post
Much more talented core players. Proven they can developp star players, as opposed to Timmins' 0 consistent core players in 7 years.
Subban? Halak??

LOL... how are they much more proven to develop young players?
1- It's new management, granted Boucher is part of that
2- Lecavalier, Hedman and Stamkos are all top 3 picks. Those aren't usually hard to develop.

Historically, they've had relative success with top 10 picks. They've had an awful record for all 1st round picks higher than top 10 (10 to 30).

Check it out for yourself here :
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/t...r00008385.html

If Tampa continues going onward, then they will not draft top 3-5-10 anymore and consequently, they will have to do A LOT better in later rounds than they did in the past.

The Habs on the other hand rarely pick inside the top 10, have not been doing a great job in the top 10-30 picks, but have been doing a tremendous job for the rest of the drafts. They've practically took a guy that should've been a top 5 pick, in the 2nd round. They've drafted great goalies outside the first round, defensemen, 3rd liners, something Tampa was unable to do.

Funny how Yzerman is suddenly a development and draft guru too.

Old
07-24-2010, 02:31 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
If you think you can take me on with sophistry, go take a hike Gilligan. (and don't cry about the "personal attack", if you don't want any, start by debating the proper way instead of the dishonesty you just spewed.... Now you may be able to understand WHEN I make those attacks, you've got your reason right there : a reply to my post, filled with a stupid comment that has no bearing on what I DID say).

Becoming a great coach doesn't come from day 1 in the NHL. I guess you can't understand that. I guess you also forget that I was agreeing fully with Boucher that he might need several seasons in the AHL to make his coaching game better. You forgot that, right?

His team got eliminated by a defensive team in the AHL. And the same will happen in the NHL. Boucher also had some great puck-movers in Hamilton. I hope for him that Ohlund and Hedman do the trick.

There is a difference between saying someone will be a great coach, and thinking he will do so from the very beginning.

You are also avoiding this thing I brought up, trying to twist my words so you can completely avoid the obvious double-standard given to the additions of Boucher and Subban on their respective teams. Funny how you don't dabble too much into that (because you know the double-standard is so friggin obvious), and instead try to twist words I've said.

Can't wait to see you back here in 12 months and making up new excuses as to why the Habs were succesful (ECF finals) when you thought they wouldn't even make the playoffs, or if they would, they'd only do the first round...

Now don't bother me with other twisted logics and half-lies that I have to correct. If you are unable to debate properly (not using sophistry), well then do so with someone else.
I was just asking if you still thought he would be a great coach. Sensitive to this subject?

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Little Nilan

Quote:
Subban? Halak??
Are we talking about 2 players without a single full NHL season? Did you not read what I wrote?

Quote:
LOL... how are they much more proven to develop young players?
1- It's new management, granted Boucher is part of that
2- Lecavalier, Hedman and Stamkos are all top 3 picks. Those aren't usually hard to develop.
Nice try, that's what you read, this is what I actually wrote: "Proven they can develop star players".

Quote:
Historically, they've had relative success with top 10 picks. They've had an awful record for all 1st round picks higher than top 10 (10 to 30).

Check it out for yourself here :
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/t...r00008385.html

If Tampa continues going onward, then they will not draft top 3-5-10 anymore and consequently, they will have to do A LOT better in later rounds than they did in the past.
A lot of traded 1st round picks outside of the top 10 as well. We've been equally terrible with our 1st round picks. They've gotten high level players out of them, we haven't. Big difference.

Quote:
The Habs on the other hand rarely pick inside the top 10, have not been doing a great job in the top 10-30 picks, but have been doing a tremendous job for the rest of the drafts. They've practically took a guy that should've been a top 5 pick, in the 2nd round. They've drafted great goalies outside the first round, defensemen, 3rd liners, something Tampa was unable to do.
They've drafted no great goaltender outside of the first round, sorry (or even in the first round). No one who's proven he's been anything more than a 1 year wonder. Our only top 5 pick has done nothing. We've gotten no core players yet from the Timmins era. Our drafting has been basically a bust for the last 7 years, though they've been great for the rest of the league, which is actually completely counterproductive for us. So I wouldn't throw any stones at other teams.

Quote:
Funny how Yzerman is suddenly a development and draft guru too.
Funny how you just created an imaginary argument that no one ever even implied.

Old
07-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Little Nilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
How is this even a valid point? This is a discussion revolving around transplanting the TB roster (and management, I guess) in Montreal, and whether or not we'd do it. If that was the case, obviously the entirety of that remaining cap space becomes useful.

Again, more about the financial situations of the teams... we're not debating whether or not to cheer for the Lightning over the Habs, lol. It seems like some people simply didn't get THAT memo (despite the poll option CLEARLY reading: Montreal Lightning, NOT the Tampa Bay Canadiens).

And Tampa's "problem" isn't really depth. If anything, it's youth. The Habs might have a long list of fringe NHLers/bottom 6 role players knocking on the door right now, and Price's potential can be viewed as an advantage in this comparison, but going forward I don't see Montreal as having an overall "calibre" advantage in the up-and-comers. If a team iced 30 players per game, Montreal might look stronger on paper due to the "depth". Looking at what each team has now, projecting them all 1 or 2 years from now (and beyond), and realizing that Montreal has to replace Spacek, Hammer, Gill, maybe even Markov, pehaps Auld - while TB might have to replace only Gagne, Hall, and Smith...

Come on, given the resources of the Canadiens, which roster do you think they could do more with as a starting point? And who's more likely to attract those crucial UFAs to fill the spots: Montreal GM Pierre Gauthier, or Canadian Olympic team GM Steve Yzerman?
Nice reply, destroyed every single one of his arguments, hit the nail on every point.

Old
07-24-2010, 03:37 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Has won Stanley Cups as a player with the Wings

Has won the GOLD medal at the last Winter Olympics.

'banned for life'
for what its worth... Reggie Houle won more...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 03:53 PM
buddahsmoka1

I have yet to see TB gel and play as a team, right now they have some decent pieces but it remains to be seen if they can pull it together to produce a consistent product. The Habs on the other hand are building chemistry and playing hard for one another. Montreal's internal competition is much higher than Tampas. I think that aspect is more important than whats on paper, and that is why I think Montreal has a better team.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote