HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010 Offseason Trade / FA Speculation (Plan B Thread)

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2010, 04:06 PM
funky

vCash: 500
I think D.L has to do what he does best and rely on an ex organization for players. Saying this I think he has to contact Philly and try and grab a top 4 dman in either Coburn or Carle. We need something to fill the void. It will cost, but it is needed and we have the resources, plus it kills the Kaberle rumors.

I am still for introducing a rookie ie) Hickey, Muzzin, or Voinov into the #6 spot to play with Greene

As well as introducing a rookie into the bottom 6 ie) Clifford and as I am still up for one more growing season I wouldn't be to upset to introduce one into the top 6 ie) Schenn

I also think Bernier makes the club

Old
08-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
He's not ready. He's just the most ready from what I've seen.
A 14 game sample isn't enough to say that. Just my opinion.

Old
08-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Johnny Utah

Lombardi pretty much said they all need work, which is why I don't know how people are penciling Hickey and co all in....the only reason I see Muzzin has a shot is because he plays the type of game that no other prospect besides Teubert and Campbell play and he is older AND Greene is hurt....

Old
08-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
I can see someone like Campbell surprising and making the team out of camp. DL and Hextall have spoken highly of him. He's already played 2 full AHL seasons, and is a good size at 6'4" 205lbs. He could gain 5 pounds this summer working out. He'd be a good shutdown d-man till Greene gets back. Other than Campbell, Voynov I would think would be the only other choice to make the team out of camp. Muzzin and Hickey need 1 more year of seasoning in the AHL. Fransson doesn't count as he's already 25. I could see something like this.

Johnson-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov/Campbell
Fransson-Drewiske(this one could be a little scary...)
Harrold

Then when Greene returns...

Scuderi-Doughty
Johnson-Campbell/Voynov
Fransson-Greene
Drewiske

These are of course, without a player acquired before camp.

Old
08-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
I can see someone like Campbell surprising and making the team out of camp. DL and Hextall have spoken highly of him. He's already played 2 full AHL seasons, and is a good size at 6'4" 205lbs. He could gain 5 pounds this summer working out. He'd be a good shutdown d-man till Greene gets back. Other than Campbell, Voynov I would think would be the only other choice to make the team out of camp. Muzzin and Hickey need 1 more year of seasoning in the AHL. Fransson doesn't count as he's already 25. I could see something like this.

Johnson-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov/Campbell
Fransson-Drewiske(this one could be a little scary...)
Harrold

Then when Greene returns...

Scuderi-Doughty
Johnson-Campbell/Voynov
Fransson-Greene
Drewiske

These are of course, without a player acquired before camp.
Wouldn't surprise me in the least bit.

Old
08-08-2010, 05:44 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

All well and true but I think that A-Mart, if he is still a King will be the first kid, along with DavisD to step in right away. The Kings are sort of at the make or break with A-Mart and still see him as a bottom 3 d guy with fair/good upside.

He isn't the shutdown guy that we need and will have to be spelled into his role with the team in the same manner that DavisD was but I still think he will develop into an NHL caliber 5-7 dman and that isn't a terrible thing.

I can't see Franson (good skater shakey with the puck) being the next guy and Campbell still seems to be lacking in ability when it comes to seeing the game for my money but I trust our scouts to make the right decision regarding when he or whoever is ready to step up makes it.

I could see Hickey making it in the same manner that A-Mart would but with a much greater upside still, none of our kids are ready to step in and take an everyday spot at this point, not from what I have seen.

Old
08-08-2010, 07:51 PM
BringTheReign

Anyone else starting to think Kaberle wouldn't be such a bad idea...

Old
08-08-2010, 08:07 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Not me.

Unless the Leafs were willing to take a 4rth round pick plus a prospect like Lewis for him, and even then I would want to think about it before I made the deal. I hate the one year exit contracts, doubly so when it comes to name players who will very likely be walking at the end of them.

Old
08-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
Only for prospects/picks. No roster players. He's a one year player.

Old
08-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
I always thought Kaberle was a good idea, since he would only be here for 1 year, which is perfect, since most of the D prospects need an additional year in the ahl, then can step up next year.

the problem is what Burke wants for Kaberle

Old
08-08-2010, 08:20 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Not me.

Unless the Leafs were willing to take a 4rth round pick plus a prospect like Lewis for him, and even then I would want to think about it before I made the deal. I hate the one year exit contracts, doubly so when it comes to name players who will very likely be walking at the end of them.
Lombardi could be looking for 1 year of help from Kaberle only. Then you'd have Kaberle, Williams and Handzus all coming off the books in order to, gulp, sign a top free agent next July. The Kings would then have 3 top Dmen comparable to anybody in the league, a good top 9 and Bernier and Quick in net NEXT SEASON. I can definetely see both sides of the argument for Kaberle, just trying to see it from Lombardi's point of view. And don't forget you would be getting a real good year from Kaberle who will be looking to cash in next July-and you can also trade him at the deadline if things go awry in LA.

Old
08-08-2010, 08:21 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

For the right price I would love to have Kaberle, but that price is a 1st and a prospect or someone like Williams and a 2nd. No way do I trade half of what most proposals for Kaberle are on the trade board. Burke may hold out for the moon, doesn't mean he will get it or Kaberle deserves it when he only has a year left on his contract. If he was locked up for 3 years at the same price, I would trade considerably more for him.

Old
08-08-2010, 08:22 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Lombardi could be looking for 1 year of help from Kaberle only. Then you'd have Kaberle, Williams and Handzus all coming off the books in order to, gulp, sign a top free agent next July. The Kings would then have 3 top Dmen comparable to anybody in the league, a good top 9 and Bernier and Quick in net NEXT SEASON. I can definetely see both sides of the argument for Kaberle, just trying to see it from Lombardi's point of view. And don't forget you would be getting a real good year from Kaberle who will be looking to cash in next July-and you can also trade him at the deadline if things go awry in LA.
We'll get 'em next time!

Old
08-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Reaper45

Richards, Thornton, Semin, Chara, Markov, Kaberle are the top free agents next year.

Old
08-08-2010, 08:29 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I agree that TK would be a solid add and the one year and done idea as far as contract negotiations go is perfect for us especially when next year is the pumpkin for us and the CBA.

The trouble is the price. I am worried that we will overpay and likely by a stretch to get TK and that is where my problem with dealing for him is.

A 4rth and Lewis is allot in my opinion at this stage in our development. Of course all bets are off until next Wednesday and if things go very well then I could see us adding a player like TK and trying to grab the cup this year.

If things only go alright for us then I don't see us as truly legitimate contenders for another year (2011/12) and that puts TK out of reach or need.

If we end up playing the kids and filling holes with lesser talents (pony boy etc) then it might take another year still but then imo TK would be an even bigger risk for us.

I like TK as a player but don't think he is a top pairing guy on our team and since it would very likely only be for a year, I jist wouldn't pay too much to get him when we have a couple of much bigger holes to fill.

Old
08-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Johnny Utah

Again, Kaberle has told Brian Burke he wants to stay in the East and the odds of him re-signing to a West team are very slim according to most Toronto writers. Please lets move on to a different player. I don't want this guy either, he is awful defensively and soft as a marshmellow....we shouldn't have traded Visnovsky if Lombardi wants a guy like this...

Old
08-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Burke wants too much for him, no way we consider Kaberle unless the price becomes dirt cheap.

Old
08-08-2010, 08:52 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Fine then. Pretty much all agreed that TK simply aint the guy.

Now, how about we sign Mara (ugh AND gulp) and call our D.......... ready? Yes, ready, that is what we will call it.

Now we deal for our top six (after Wednesday)?

I think that there are a few teams that need to make room and will be willing to practically give away a nice top sixer so long as no cash comes back.

Package Lewis, Tuebert and a 5th and we could be looking pretty good come opening night (and better once Greenie and West G get back yo).

Old
08-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I like TK as a player but don't think he is a top pairing guy on our team and since it would very likely only be for a year, I jist wouldn't pay too much to get him when we have a couple of much bigger holes to fill.
Id imagine Kaberle will slot in as our #4, play on the 2nd pp unit, and the 3rd pk unit

Old
08-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Reaper45

I don't even think Kaberle would play in the top 4. Kaberle and Johnson together just screams FUBAR. So either Johnson or Kaberle plays in the bototm pairing. I can't see that happening.

Old
08-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Change it up.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...2#post27295602

Closed Thread