HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Nyi-Bos

Old
07-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Sterling31
YNWA

vCash: 50
Tor-Nyi-Bos

TOR-
Savard

NYI-
Ryder
Grabovski

BOS-
Caputi
Ryan/Blacker
2nd (NYI)

~Toronto adds the number one center, they need.
at the loss of 3 guys that might not even fit into a spot next year.

~NYI pays very little, to get 2 guys who can immediately play in the top 6. although overpaid, they need some guys to get above the cap floor. Ryder is off the books next year.

~Boston may get rid of the 2 best guys in the deal. One of which is a dump, the other is said to want out. a soft deal,(gagne can be a president) was expected. They gain a ton of Cap space, and are able to deal some more in the F/A pool.

Last edited by Sterling31: 07-21-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
TOR-
Savard

NYI-
Ryder
Grabovski

BOS-
Caputi
Sweatt/Ryan
2nd (NYI)

~Toronto adds the number one center, they need.
at the loss of 3 guys that might not even fit into a spot next year.

~NYI pays very little, to get 2 guys who can immediately play in the top 6. although overpaid, they need some guys to get above the cap floor. Ryder is off the books next year.

~Boston may get rid of the 2 best guys in the deal. One of which is a dump, the other is said to want out. a soft deal,(gagne can be a president) was expected. They gain a ton of Cap space, and are able to deal some more in the F/A pool.
Fail. Toronto gets Savard & only gives up Caputi? Time to wake up son its 9am you're late for school..

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Sterling31
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Fail. Toronto gets Savard & only gives up Caputi? Time to wake up son its 9am you're late for school..
if i remember correctly. Grabovski and Sweat/Ryan are part of the leafs.

You should get a cup of coffee, old man?

Old
07-21-2010, 09:14 AM
leafsfuture

Quote:
I think your the one who needs to wake up.

TO would give up Grabovski, Caputi and Ryan

That being said, I highly doubt NYI or Boston does this

leafsfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 09:16 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Ryan is a Toronto prospect.

Anyways, with more going Boston's way, it could make some sense. There's too many angles we don't know though, such as whether Savard wants out, whether the NYI would want to take on Ryder, the number of teams Savard will waive for, etc. It's sort of pointless to speculate without knowing these things.

If Savard will only waive for a couple of teams like Gagne, he won't return very much more than this proposal, particularly if Ryder is going somewhere.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
if i remember correctly. Grabovski and Sweat/Ryan are part of the leafs.

You should get a cup of coffee, old man?
Sweat doesnt want to sign w/ TOR so ofcourse you'll include him in any trade, his trade value is deemed zero. Grabovski is an overpaid 3rd line center who's not great in his own end, he's your version of Ryder. Caputi is a good prospect, could pan out & be a regular NHLer some day. He's the only value Toronto gives up. If the Isles want Ryder im sure they can offer BOS a 10th round pick & have him. Same for Grabo. So that way Boston keeps their proven #1 point per game center, & Toronto keeps one of their better prospects.

Old
07-21-2010, 09:24 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Sweat doesnt want to sign w/ TOR so ofcourse you'll include him in any trade, his trade value is deemed zero. Grabovski is an overpaid 3rd line center who's not great in his own end, he's your version of Ryder. Caputi is a good prospect, could pan out & be a regular NHLer some day. He's the only value Toronto gives up. If the Isles want Ryder im sure they can offer BOS a 10th round pick & have him. Same for Grabo. So that way Boston keeps their proven #1 point per game center, & Toronto keeps one of their better prospects.
You keep ignoring Ryan. Forget Sweatt, he has no value and isn't going to be a Leaf any more. It doesn't make a huge difference, but at least get it right.

Old
07-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Sterling31
YNWA

Quote:
Is that better. Ryan/Blacker.

This is under the impression Savard is wanting out.

Technically, Bruins are getting a decent crop of young talent, for outcasts. (Gagne for walker and 4th. Im sure: NHL ready prospect, mid prospect and 2nd....looks a little better)

I could have offered: Sjostrom and 3rd. for Savard. and you could flame and flame. but we still could come back to the Gagne situation, and how its very similar. So realistically, I wouldnt be trolling....with a proposal like that

Last edited by Sterling31: 07-21-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old
07-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
You keep ignoring Ryan. Forget Sweatt, he has no value and isn't going to be a Leaf any more. It doesn't make a huge difference, but at least get it right.
Ryan? Why do we want Ryan? We've got no room on our roster for our better prospects such as Colborne, Sauve, Knight, Spooner, Caron, Hamill etc.. as it is. So we're going to give up Savard for Ryan to play on our 3rd line in Providence? Listen im a fair guy when it comes to discussions, but your proposal is horrid. Ya Ya I know Leaf fans will point to Gagne deal, Lebrun's "soft deal" comment, cap troubles blah blah. But the fact is Marco Sturm is on LTIR until mid to late November, that gives us a $3.5m cushion to fit both Wheeler (2.5?), & Seguin (900k) under the cap. When & IF Sturm returns, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. If Chia finds his back against a wall, he can just add our 2011 1st to Ryder & ship him to Atlanta or NYI or Anaheim, Nashville, Phoenix, or any team w/ space willing to take Ryder for 1yr. (or 1/2 yr). Savard will not go in a "soft deal", dont get your hopes up, you will be dissapointed.

Old
07-21-2010, 09:33 AM
leafsfuture

Quote:
Really? Grabovksi had 2 more points than Ryder..... in 21 less games. Hes also 4 years younger, and is paid less. In what way is he our Ryder

Old
07-21-2010, 09:37 AM
grabo84

Precedent, not president, by the way.

Anyways, like I said, this isn't going to go anywhere productive since we really have no idea what's going on with Savard. If he waives for a few extra teams or is willing to go out west, he could have a fair bit of value - alternatively, Boston might move somebody else somehow (Thomas, Ryder maybe?) and it won't even be an issue. Or maybe Savard only waives for Toronto and Ottawa like the rumour, but Boston doesn't like the offers, so they keep him.

There's a million things that can happen, and this deal only makes sense in a few scenarios.

Quote:
Ryan? Why do we want Ryan? We've got no room on our roster for our better prospects such as Colborne, Sauve, Knight, Spooner, Caron, Hamill etc.. as it is. So we're going to give up Savard for Ryan to play on our 3rd line in Providence? Listen im a fair guy when it comes to discussions, but your proposal is horrid.
Look, it's not my proposal buddy. You're looking at this on the assumption that Savard will waive to a number of teams, or that Boston can/wants to make room elsewhere. It's a possibility they can and he does, but like I said, nothing is set in stone.

Old
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
Really? Grabovksi had 2 more points than Ryder..... in 21 less games. Hes also 4 years younger, and is paid less. In what way is he our Ryder
Go back & compare their stats for past ummm 3 seasons. Dont try selling me on Grabovski, please dont.

Old
leafsfuture

Quote:
Ryan? Why do we want Ryan? We've got no room on our roster for our better prospects such as Colborne, Sauve, Knight, Spooner, Caron, Hamill etc.. a it is. So we're going to give up Savard for Ryan to play on our 3rd line in Providence? Listen im a fair guy when it comes to discussions, but your proposal is horrid. Ya Ya I know Leaf fans will point to Gagne deal, Lebrun's "soft deal" comment, cap troubles blah blah. But the fact is Marco Sturm is on LTIR until mid to late November, that gives us a $3.5m cushion to fit both Wheeler (2.5?), & Seguin (900k) under the cap. When & IF Sturm returns, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. If Chia finds his back against a wall, he can just add our 2011 1st to Ryder & ship him to Atlanta or NYI or Anaheim, Nashville, Phoenix, or any team w/ space willing to take Ryder for 1yr. (or 1/2 yr). Savard will not go in a "soft deal", dont get your hopes up, you will be dissapointed.
I think you are the misinformed one. Firstly, Ryan still has a year left of junior eligibility. I also think he will surpise people this year as he will get good time with the Spits with guys like Shugg, Wellwood, Fowler and Ellis.

Also, you may have noticed that your boy Seguin was held pointless in the series against Windsor. You do realize that Ryan was on the Windsor line that shut him down. Ryan was also huge in the Memorial cup in a 3rd line role

Old
07-21-2010, 09:38 AM
KrisBeKreame

The islanders do not need either to reach the CAP floor and Im not sure the would have a desire to have them either.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 09:39 AM
leafsfuture

Quote:
Go back & compare their stats for past ummm 3 seasons. Dont try selling me on Grabovski, please dont.
3 years ago Grabs wasnt even in the NHL. And at the same age neither was Ryder. Has Ryder had a better career to date? Of course, but hes done now. Grabs is still getting started.

Old
07-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Precedent, not president, by the way.

Anyways, like I said, this isn't going to go anywhere productive since we really have no idea what's going on with Savard. If he waives for a few extra teams or is willing to go out west, he could have a fair bit of value - alternatively, Boston might move somebody else somehow (Thomas, Ryder maybe?) and it won't even be an issue. Or maybe Savard only waives for Toronto and Ottawa like the rumour, but Boston doesn't like the offers, so they keep him.

There's a million things that can happen, and this deal only makes sense in a few scenarios.
This deal only makes sense under one scenario, if Savard approaches management & says " I want a trade to Toronto, Im not willing to go anywhere else, Im not happy in Boston ".. EVEN then Chia can just say no, sorry Savvy but we cant do that. If he refuses to play maybe he goes to Providence,, im sure a few weeks of bus rides will change his mind..

Old
07-21-2010, 09:43 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

The NHL wouldn't allow this trade, it's not uhm crazy enough, maybe add a 4th team to the mix

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 09:45 AM
grabo84

Quote:
This deal only makes sense under one scenario, if Savard approaches management & says " I want a trade to Toronto, Im not willing to go anywhere else, Im not happy in Boston ".. EVEN then Chia can just say no, sorry Savvy but we cant do that. If he refuses to play maybe he goes to Providence,, im sure a few weeks of bus rides will change his mind..
I'd love to see Chiarelli explain to Jacobs why they're paying 7 mil for a player to ride the bus. But yeah, apart from that I agree. This would obviously have no chance of happening if it wasn't for the rumours about Savard wanting out. As it is, its unlikely.

Old
07-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
3 years ago Grabs wasnt even in the NHL. And at the same age neither was Ryder. Has Ryder had a better career to date? Of course, but hes done now. Grabs is still getting started.
200708 Montreal Canadiens NHL 24 3 6 9 8
200809 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 78 20 28 48 92
200910 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 59 10 25 35 10

He's played past 3 seasons. His career high thus far 20 goals. Grabovski will play behind Bozak, Kadri, & the #1 center Toronto will get in the next season or so (Joe Thornton?).. He's not valuable to you, that's why he's offered up in every other Toronto fans trade proposals (Similar to Boston fans & Ryder). No thx on #84.

Old
07-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Sterling31
YNWA

Quote:
That is true. He agreed to a contract with the Bruins and he should play it out.
Although we dont know what goes on behind closed doors. He may have a great relationship with the management, and they want to do the right thing with him. If his head is somewhere else, and they think it will burden the team if they keep him around. He may get moved, we dont know the circumstances.

Overall we are just a bunch of hockey fans, and on this site we try to gauge value; and what players are thinking. Time and again, we are proven wrong with things that GMs decide to do.

Old
07-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
I'd love to see Chiarelli explain to Jacobs why they're paying 7 mil for a player to ride the bus. But yeah, apart from that I agree. This would obviously have no chance of happening if it wasn't for the rumours about Savard wanting out. As it is, its unlikely.
A more realistic deal would be

To BOS:
Schenn
Caputi

To TOR:
Savard
Wheeler
Hunwick

Old
07-21-2010, 09:50 AM
grabo84

Quote:

To BOS:
Schenn
Caputi

To TOR:
Savard
Wheeler
Hunwick
I'm fine with that. It isn't particularly realistic to see Schenn getting traded though, and I'm not sure why Boston would get rid of Savard AND Wheeler in the same deal.

Old
07-21-2010, 09:51 AM
All Day*

Quote:

To BOS:
Schenn
Caputi

To TOR:
Savard
Wheeler
Hunwick
Savard is coming to Toronto, it would be a "soft" deal. Burke doesn't like contracts that span more than 5 years and sure as hell wouldn't include Schenn for an injury prone centre with a long term contract.

All Day* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
Savard is coming to Toronto, it would be a "soft" deal. Burke doesn't like contracts that span more than 5 years and sure as hell wouldn't include Schenn for an injury prone centre with a long term contract.
ding ding ding we have a winner! Only a matter of time

Old
07-21-2010, 09:59 AM
All Day*

Quote:
ding ding ding we have a winner! Only a matter of time
The only way that Savard gets traded to us is if he waives his NTC to us. He only has five teams on his NTC list and, and only about two of those teams are viable.

Why would Toronto give up any significant value to acquire him?

All Day* is offline   Reply With Quote