HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Marc Staal

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Randomtask68

vCash: 500
Marc Staal

Any news on the contract negotiations with Marc Staal at all? The Rangers have about 5 million in cap space I believe, so are they going to have to move a contract to sign Staal or do they believe they can fit him under the cap? Also, any chance that Staal gets an offer sheet at all? Maybe San Jose tries to overpay for Staal after losing out on Hjalmarsson ?

Old
07-21-2010, 01:43 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
i'm starting to get really pissed off he hasn't signed yet. He has played only 3 seasons in the NHL, with only his last one being his "breakout" season with 27pts.

Now i know the guy has alot of potential, and plays alot of minutes here, but I can't see why he feels he warrants more than 4-4.5m which is what i believe the NYR offered him. If this guy wants 5+, I just as soon move him. It's getting ridiculous now.
If you truly feel he's 4-4.5 m why would you move a polayer of his caliber and age for a discrepancy of 1 mil?

Come on the over reaction there is too much. If you feel he only warrants 2 mil THEN I'd understand...that you're clueless about hockey.

If he wants 5 mil than his contract needs to go 6 or 7 years to cover some UFA years. I'd have no problem with that. Maybe we'd be able to pull in Jordan to play with him too. Sh** the Sedin's play for what 7 mil each so the Staal's should come at 4-5 mil each.

Personally I think he is asking for about a mil too much but that's why they are still negotiating.

Old
07-21-2010, 01:50 PM
John Torturella

This has been beaten to death. How many threads can we have for one subject?

Old
07-21-2010, 02:45 PM
terrrrrible

Why am I getting a case of deja vu when reading this thread? Didn't you just make the same thing the other day/last week and got referred to an existing thread?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=797830 or http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=791784 for discussion about Staal.

Closed Thread