HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos-Col

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-21-2010, 05:59 PM
  #26
hockeyfreak7
Registered User
 
hockeyfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 7,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbruin View Post
Wheeler will be a force on a young offensive team he just cannot seem to get going under Juliens system And Ference is a good d-man when healthy and can help the youg guys in colorado Timmy will be the #1 over anderson and may take them deeper in the playoffs the second rd pick should be decent aswell I like Mueller alot thats why i added him to this proposal
I wish people would understand things about the other team before they post a trade proposal. Do you honestly think Anderson is the reason the Avs didnt make it out of the first round?

Have you ever seen Anderson play?

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:06 PM
  #27
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,166
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbruin View Post
Wheeler will be a force on a young offensive team he just cannot seem to get going under Juliens system And Ference is a good d-man when healthy and can help the youg guys in colorado Timmy will be the #1 over anderson and may take them deeper in the playoffs the second rd pick should be decent aswell I like Mueller alot thats why i added him to this proposal
Yeah, we're not interested.

Also... I like Chara a lot, can you add him?

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:08 PM
  #28
Sitch
Registered User
 
Sitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
There is no need for Tim Thomas on the Avalanche. Anderson is our #1 and will be our #1 for the foreseeable future. Though Thomas may be better than Budaj, I'd much rather have Bood's cap hit of 1.2 for maybe 10-20 games than Thomas' of 5. Thomas would actually take away from the value of the Bruin's package, and theres no way we are giving Mueller away for so little.

The Avalanche will not be trading either Liles or Mueller this season. Liles is going to have to step up and be our pest puck mover and Mueller is going to have to be one of our top wingers. They are both important pieces to our team IMO, and the only player that would be coming back in this deal that would be positive is Wheeler.

Sitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:13 PM
  #29
chagopian
Registered User
 
chagopian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Markham, Canada
Country: Armenia
Posts: 790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbruin View Post
Thomas is a # 1 Anderson is not, Ference is a good vet d colorado could use, Wheeler could use a change, plus a second rd pick fair value for both teams
lol Anderson actually was a number 1 last year, and no way on this trade. We gave up Wolski for Mueller, and Mueller has been an instant smash in Colorado. We're not giving him up anytime soon

and we really have no need for any more mediocre D-men who are vets, they populate half our defense, and we have depth up the ass there. So no, horrible trade

chagopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:21 PM
  #30
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,194
vCash: 50
*For all the people on the Eastern Seaboard.*

There's something called the Western Conference, watch it some time.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:26 PM
  #31
shadow1
Registered User
 
shadow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 11,296
vCash: 1210
No one is taking the combined 7.25 million cap hit Thomas and Ference share for the next three years, and certainly not when they're giving up the best two players in the deal.

This needs to be closed. It's not remotely close.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:28 PM
  #32
Kaen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbruin View Post
Bos get's

D John Michael Liles 4.2 2012
F Peter Mueller RFA sign for 3 years 6.6 (2.2/per year)
G Peter Budaj 1.2
7.6 million total


Col get's

G Tim Thomas 5.0 2013
F Blake Wheeler RFA sign 3 years 7.8 (2.6/per year)
D Andrew Ference 2.2 2013
Minny 2nd rd pick 2011
9.8 million total

Boston then signs Seguin

Lucic-Savard-Horton 12 mill
Seguin-Krejci-Mueller 6.9
Ryder-Bergeron-Recchi 10.6
Thornton-Campbell-Paille 3.0

Chara-Liles 11.7
Seidenberg-Boychuck 5.0
Stuart-Hunwick 2.0

Sturm 3.5

Rask
Budaj 2.4
plus 1.7 cap penalty and buy outs

57 million total

Flame away
Liles is expendable, the Avs aren't looking to dump him, Mueller played great after joining the Avs and Budaj at a 1.2 cap hit is completely acceptable as a backup.

For this you offer Thomas, who is not better then Anderson, at a 5M cap hit on a 35+ contract, Wheeler who is a good winger, but with Mueller's play after arriving in Colorado, I wouldn't swap the two, Ference, a slightly overpaid veteran dman and a 2nd.

The Bruins win this by a landslide. If you are going to make a proposal please try to think of both sides.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:46 PM
  #33
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,216
vCash: 500
I have no problem that people are saying Col. wouldn't do this, well, because they wouldn't.

I do have a problem with people saying Anderson is better than Thomas because that quite simply isn't true. Thomas is a better goaltender and the only reason he backed up Rask last year was because rask played like he was the best goaltender in the league for the last 1/3 of the season.

Don't get me wrong, i like Anderson, he just isn't as good of a goaltender as Thomas.

What is absurd is that Thomas is one of the top 15 goaltenders in the league and is paid like it so people say he has negative value, I guess that is why a team tried to trade for Thomas at the deadline but Thomas vetoed it according to several places.

Thomas isn't overpaid, the problem is he is getting older and I have no problem with people not wanting to take him on for that reason, but he is still in the to 1/4 of all goaltenders in the league, the Bruins happen to have someone who played even better which makes Thomas' contract a problem.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:47 PM
  #34
MikeC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbruin View Post
Thomas is a # 1 Anderson is not, Ference is a good vet d colorado could use, Wheeler could use a change, plus a second rd pick fair value for both teams
A ridiculous trade proposal and a ridiculous statement.

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:49 PM
  #35
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks
 
Rivet52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbruin View Post
Thomas is a # 1 Anderson is not, Ference is a good vet d colorado could use, Wheeler could use a change, plus a second rd pick fair value for both teams
Oh come on now. Andy is a starter in this league. Thomas is getting older and with Rask in front of him may never be a starter again.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:51 PM
  #36
Pure
Registered User
 
Pure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I have no problem that people are saying Col. wouldn't do this, well, because they wouldn't.

I do have a problem with people saying Anderson is better than Thomas because that quite simply isn't true. Thomas is a better goaltender and the only reason he backed up Rask last year was because rask played like he was the best goaltender in the league for the last 1/3 of the season.

Don't get me wrong, i like Anderson, he just isn't as good of a goaltender as Thomas.

What is absurd is that Thomas is one of the top 15 goaltenders in the league and is paid like it so people say he has negative value, I guess that is why a team tried to trade for Thomas at the deadline but Thomas vetoed it according to several places.

Thomas isn't overpaid, the problem is he is getting older and I have no problem with people not wanting to take him on for that reason, but he is still in the to 1/4 of all goaltenders in the league, the Bruins happen to have someone who played even better which makes Thomas' contract a problem.
Yes he is. If Anderson was playing in Julien's system, his numbers would be insane.

Pure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:51 PM
  #37
Dwatson783
@dwatson783
 
Dwatson783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Didn't HFBoards have a minimum number of posts before you could start a new thread? Can we please enforce one on the Trades board? The Boston trades I've seen today started by B's fans and TML fans are absolutely horrible.

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:52 PM
  #38
hockeyfreak7
Registered User
 
hockeyfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 7,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I have no problem that people are saying Col. wouldn't do this, well, because they wouldn't.

I do have a problem with people saying Anderson is better than Thomas because that quite simply isn't true. Thomas is a better goaltender and the only reason he backed up Rask last year was because rask played like he was the best goaltender in the league for the last 1/3 of the season.

Don't get me wrong, i like Anderson, he just isn't as good of a goaltender as Thomas.

What is absurd is that Thomas is one of the top 15 goaltenders in the league and is paid like it so people say he has negative value, I guess that is why a team tried to trade for Thomas at the deadline but Thomas vetoed it according to several places.

Thomas isn't overpaid, the problem is he is getting older and I have no problem with people not wanting to take him on for that reason, but he is still in the to 1/4 of all goaltenders in the league, the Bruins happen to have someone who played even better which makes Thomas' contract a problem.
Thomas is a #1 goalie, but you can't say he is definitively better than Anderson. They are too close to call. Like the poster above said, Anderson would have had tremendous numbers if he played for Boston.

If we go based on careers, it's obviously Thomas. If we go by recent performances, which we should, then it is Anderson easily. Anderson is a goalie with the potential to be a top ten guy and he has a muuuch better contract. If you were to make a poll, very, very few people would take Thomas instead. The marginal difference in skill, if there is any at all (which I dont think there is), just isnt enough to make most people take Thomas over Andy given the contract situation. Thomas is overpaid. Given what he is paid, he should not be being outperformed by Rask no matter how well Rask is playing.

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:53 PM
  #39
NOTENOUGHBREWER
Registered User
 
NOTENOUGHBREWER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I have no problem that people are saying Col. wouldn't do this, well, because they wouldn't.

I do have a problem with people saying Anderson is better than Thomas because that quite simply isn't true. Thomas is a better goaltender and the only reason he backed up Rask last year was because rask played like he was the best goaltender in the league for the last 1/3 of the season.

Don't get me wrong, i like Anderson, he just isn't as good of a goaltender as Thomas.

What is absurd is that Thomas is one of the top 15 goaltenders in the league and is paid like it so people say he has negative value, I guess that is why a team tried to trade for Thomas at the deadline but Thomas vetoed it according to several places.

Thomas isn't overpaid, the problem is he is getting older and I have no problem with people not wanting to take him on for that reason, but he is still in the to 1/4 of all goaltenders in the league, the Bruins happen to have someone who played even better which makes Thomas' contract a problem.
Anderson and Thomas had very similar numbers last season. Thomas lower GAA, Anderson higher save %. Anderson stood on his head almost the whole season and was the Avs MVP. I'd say they arent very far apart.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:54 PM
  #40
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Yes he is. If Anderson was playing in Julien's system, his numbers would be insane.
I have watched Anderson too many times to count, he is not as good of a goaltender as Thomas.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:55 PM
  #41
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,194
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I have watched Anderson too many times to count, he is not as good of a goaltender as Thomas.
You obliviously didn't watch this season.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:58 PM
  #42
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Yes he is. If Anderson was playing in Julien's system, his numbers would be insane.


come on now, i understand this proposal is terrible, it embarrasses me that a fellow Bruins fan made it, but anderson would have "insane" numbersnot even close. he is a good goalie, but not that good. thomas is better, there is a vezina that says so.

and btw with the numbers Rask was putting up last year he would have beaten out almost every other goalie in the league........

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 06:58 PM
  #43
NOTENOUGHBREWER
Registered User
 
NOTENOUGHBREWER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I have watched Anderson too many times to count, he is not as good of a goaltender as Thomas.
I disagree.

Conceding the fact that Thomas is better, his age and contract mean the Avs will not want him.

Neither will they want Ference.

Wheeler might be a decent fit for the Avs but not at the expense of Liles, Mueller, etc.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 07:00 PM
  #44
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel
 
Bordeleau Of Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I have watched Anderson too many times to count, he is not as good of a goaltender as Thomas.
Anderson also isn't 36 years old with a cap hit of $5 million for the next three seasons. The Bruins can keep Thomas.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 07:02 PM
  #45
NOTENOUGHBREWER
Registered User
 
NOTENOUGHBREWER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post


come on now, i understand this proposal is terrible, it embarrasses me that a fellow Bruins fan made it, but anderson would have "insane" numbersnot even close. he is a good goalie, but not that good. thomas is better, there is a vezina that says so.

and btw with the numbers Rask was putting up last year he would have beaten out almost every other goalie in the league........
You dont believe that teams affect stats? He's not saying Anderson would magically become a better goalie but his numbers would very likely improve with the Bruins defense instead of the Avs.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 07:02 PM
  #46
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOMUCHBREWER View Post
Anderson and Thomas had very similar numbers last season. Thomas lower GAA, Anderson higher save %. Anderson stood on his head almost the whole season and was the Avs MVP. I'd say they arent very far apart.
I didn't say they were far apart, i said Thomas was better, I have seen them both too many times to count and I think Thomas is better. I like Anderson, just not as much as Thomas. It took years for me to accept how good of a goaltender Thomas is because he plays an "unorthodox" style. There is just the fact that even when the bruins stunk, Thomas was fantastic. They had chara and a bunch of #7 d-men and he was still top 3 in some of the goaltending stats. It took me awhile to accept just how good he is, but he has proved it over and over again and he still doesn't get respect from a lot of people.

Thomas had injuries last year and didn't play as well as he could have, yet he was still better than many #1 goaltenders and he would be the #1 goaltender on most teams outside of Boston, Vancouver, New Jersey, New York and a few others and he would be the #1 on Colorado in my opinion.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 07:03 PM
  #47
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOMUCHBREWER View Post
I disagree.

Conceding the fact that Thomas is better, his age and contract mean the Avs will not want him.

Neither will they want Ference.

Wheeler might be a decent fit for the Avs but not at the expense of Liles, Mueller, etc.
Well, that is pretty much exactly what i said.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 07:04 PM
  #48
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunbaba View Post
Anderson also isn't 36 years old with a cap hit of $5 million for the next three seasons. The Bruins can keep Thomas.
That is exactly why i said I could see why they wouldn't want to make a trade like this.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 07:05 PM
  #49
My Sweet Shadow
Registered User
 
My Sweet Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Doesn't address any of Colorado's needs.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 07:06 PM
  #50
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 8,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbruin View Post
Thomas is a # 1 Anderson is not, Ference is a good vet d colorado could use, Wheeler could use a change, plus a second rd pick fair value for both teams
LOLWUT?? Anderson shouldve been nominated for Vezina last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbruin View Post
Thomas has won a vezina and his numbers were actually not that bad last year as a backup
So keep him lol. Just in case Tuuka struggles

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.