HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos-Col

Old
07-21-2010, 10:40 PM
somethingbruin

vCash: 500
Bring colorado back to Quebec city anyway miss the old Nordiques

somethingbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:48 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbruin View Post
I actually wanted Colorado to beat the Sharks out last year but what did San Jose get like 16 goals in 6 games
Rask let in 22 in the Flyers series. Thomas let in zero because he didn't play, despite a huge salary.

Your point?

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:51 PM
somethingbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Rask let in 22 in the Flyers series. Thomas let in zero because he didn't play, despite a huge salary.

Your point?
we made it out of first round and thomas should have played game 4 when we were up 3-0 but Rask learned alot and will be great again

Old
07-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingbo2133 View Post
how so its stats and everyone knows stats is what matter specially when one goalie cant even get one game of playing time
specially since he is supposed to be such a better goalie
and you have nothing to say to that cause im right so you try a personal attack which is ohh so sad of you
So what you're really saying is that Anderson would have seen one second of ice time after pre-game warm ups if he were on the same team as Rask? That seems to be what you're saying. We all know Anderson would have also have had a big fat zero GP behind Rask.

Let me ask you this: why did you go after the Bruins fan who referred to Thomas' Vezina, saying that Thomas has one good year (not true by the way), but didn't rebut the Avs fan who sadi that Anderson has been good for must of his career. I don't think that's true either - He's been a career AHL/NHL fringe guy (averaging less than 15 GP since his first NHL season in 02-03, with one good year last year). Anderson had a career year last year, and Thomas had a bit of a down year, but yet their stats (which you seems to think are the be-all end all) are close. You may be engaging in hyperbole for this thread, but live by the sword, die by the sword... I've seen enough to know that Thomas is a better goalie that Anderson.

That being said, There's no reason for the Avs to make this trade. No one thought this was a good trade proposal besides one Bruins fan (OP) and one Avs fan (who said Mueller would have to be removed from the deal). Even if Anderson isn't quite as good a goalie as Thomas, he's still a viable #1 in the NHL, and I don't think the Avs need to bring in Thomas, especially at the expense of losing Mueller, who seems to have nice upside.

Ference the Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:53 PM
shadow1

Quote:
we made it out of first round and thomas should have played game 4 when we were up 3-0 but Rask learned alot and will be great again
Yeah, because that would have made alot of sense.

Old
07-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Chad29Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadLooch View Post
That being said, There's no reason for the Avs to make this trade. No one thought this was a good trade proposal besides one Bruins fan (OP) and one Avs fan (who said Mueller would have to be removed from the deal). Even if Anderson isn't quite as good a goalie as Thomas, he's still a viable #1 in the NHL, and I don't think the Avs need to bring in Thomas, especially at the expense of losing Mueller, who seems to have nice upside.

Chad29Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
krejci played 50 games his rookie year, bergeron has been injured for most of those three years and last year only came within a few points of putting up the same numbers. Bergeron is starting to put those behind him and hopefully will return to a 70 point season soon.

but i like Duchene a lot and think soon he will be a number one center and maybe a ppg player. my point was never to argue about duchene.

my point was to stick up for thomas because some morons were saying he sucks because he got beat out by rask, which is absurd.

i know you guys would never take thomas for anderson in a million years because of contracts and age, i never said you would or should. it is simply my opinion that money and age aside he is a better goalie. again my opinion, your not gona change it and im not gona change yours.

so there really is no point to continue.
Thats fair. Just FYI, I don't actually think Duchene should be put as a number 1 center of the Bruins as an 18 year old. Just making the point Boston plays a defensive system that makes their goalie look good (and forwards produce less) while Colorado does not. And this is not even mentioning the fact that the Avs didn't have anyone near the caliber of Chara to help Anderson. He was our MVP and carried the team all season, and we do take offense that anyone would think their backup is better than our MVP. Especially since the Bruins weren't better than the Avs last season.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
h2owned

vCash: 200
What has Wheeler done to get more money than Mueller??

h2owned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Pure

Quote:
Ya in the East. You would have been out of the playoffs in the West.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:58 PM
Chad29Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owned View Post
Play for the Bruins and have Jack Edwards make him seem like the next Eric lindros...

Chad29Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 10:59 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

This thread has turned from proposal to counter proposal to comparisons to flaming to stream of consciousness. It's a beautiful thing

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:01 PM
somethingbruin

Quote:
Mcarthur got 2.4 in arbitration and he isn't anywhere closeto wheeler or mueller Wheeler filed so he will get that and then some I dont think mueller filed not sure anyway it's obvious the proposal was not that good so **** it But Thomas is better then Anderson

Old
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
This thread has turned from proposal to counter proposal to comparisons to flaming to stream of consciousness. It's a beautiful thing
Hey life is boring.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gabriel Landeskog

Quote:

Doesn't matter if he gets paid more, I'll take the lower cap hit

Gabriel Landeskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:02 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Mcarthur got 2.4 in arbitration and he isn't anywhere closeto wheeler or mueller Wheeler filed so he will get that and then some I dont think mueller filed not sure anyway it's obvious the proposal was not that good so **** it But Thomas is better then Anderson
Yeah......Cap hit that is!

Old
07-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Gabriel Landeskog

Quote:
Well lucky for you, Thomas is all yours and probably will remain that way until the end of his NMC deal.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he have surgery last year as well?

Gabriel Landeskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:04 PM
somethingbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad29Johnson View Post
Play for the Bruins and have Jack Edwards make him seem like the next Eric lindros...
Your a Bruins fan on the inside you know it Jack edwards is a jack ass and so is lindros

Old
07-21-2010, 11:05 PM
somethingbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkory33 View Post
Well lucky for you, Thomas is all yours and probably will remain that way until the end of his NMC deal.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he have surgery last year as well?
yeah hip surgery also have no problem going with the best #1#2 for the 3rd straight year facts are facts

Timmy-Fernandez
Tuukka-Timmy
Tuukka-Timmy 2010

Old
07-21-2010, 11:06 PM
shadow1

Quote:
So what you're really saying is that Anderson would have seen one second of ice time after pre-game warm ups if he were on the same team as Rask? That seems to be what you're saying. We all know Anderson would have also have had a big fat zero GP behind Rask.
Rask was good for three months, Anderson was good all year - as evidenced by the fact he led the NHL in saves. He also had a 51 save shutout in the playoffs. Something tells me he wouldn't be warming the bench.

Quote:
Let me ask you this: why did you go after the Bruins fan who referred to Thomas' Vezina, saying that Thomas has one good year (not true by the way), but didn't rebut the Avs fan who sadi that Anderson has been good for must of his career. I don't think that's true either - He's been a career AHL/NHL fringe guy (averaging less than 15 GP since his first NHL season in 02-03, with one good year last year). Anderson had a career year last year, and Thomas had a bit of a down year, but yet their stats (which you seems to think are the be-all end all) are close. You may be engaging in hyperbole for this thread, but live by the sword, die by the sword... I've seen enough to know that Thomas is a better goalie that Anderson.
Anderson: 38-25-7
Thomas: 17-18-8

Those aren't close. You were likely referring to GAA and SV%, in which case I point out that Colorado gave up significantly more shots than Boston (6th most in the league), and Anderson started 71 games (as evidenced by his high GAA). No one is buying that Thomas is better than Anderson; the Bruins were a power house last year, and the second they fell back to earth so did Tim Thomas. I'll at least listen to a claim that they're around the same level, but the bold statements in this thread about Thomas being better (all coming from Bruin fans, mind you) are simply laughable.

Old
07-21-2010, 11:07 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Thats fair. Just FYI, I don't actually think Duchene should be put as a number 1 center of the Bruins as an 18 year old. Just making the point Boston plays a defensive system that makes their goalie look good (and forwards produce less) while Colorado does not. And this is not even mentioning the fact that the Avs didn't have anyone near the caliber of Chara to help Anderson. He was our MVP and carried the team all season, and we do take offense that anyone would think their backup is better than our MVP. Especially since the Bruins weren't better than the Avs last season.
that is debatable, but since the Bruins played like such **** last year even i could hardly watch i wont.

but yea i understand why you all love anderson, and i do know that we play a defensive system which helps the goalies, but i don't think it can turn a bad goalie good or great (just ask manny fernandez) it helps a goalie no doubt but both thomas and rask are good goalies imo.

just want to state again that i thought this trade was bad for the Av's from the start and would not expect you guys to ever do this.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:07 PM
DRL

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Ill take anderson at under 2m over thomas at 5m any day of the week.

DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:14 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL View Post
Ill take anderson at under 2m over thomas at 5m any day of the week.
So will pretty much anyone on here except somethingbruin. That dude is out to lunch.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 11:17 PM
somethingbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
So will pretty much anyone on here except somethingbruin. That dude is out to lunch.
we will see when Colorado is looking for a goalie 25 -30 games into the new season book it

Old
07-21-2010, 11:22 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
we will see when Colorado is looking for a goalie 25 -30 games into the new season book it
Then we'll just trade for Rask.

Liles
2nd

for

Rask

?

Last edited by S E P H: 07-21-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old
07-21-2010, 11:25 PM
somethingbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Then we'll just for Rask.

Liles
2nd

for

Rask