HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

5th Season Awards - Biggest Rivalry

View Poll Results: Who is Atlanta Thrashers biggest rival?
Nashville Predators 7 15.56%
New York Rangers 2 4.44%
Tampa Bay Lighting 22 48.89%
Toronto Maple Leafs 3 6.67%
Other (write in) 11 24.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-25-2004, 08:01 PM
  #1
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army
 
Peter Sidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,737
vCash: 500
5th Season Awards - Biggest Rivalry

Now this next poll is kind of tough because in five seasons I don't think we have built up a major rivilary with another team. Therefore who do the fans thinks is Atlanta's biggest rival. The nominees are fellow expansion team Nashville; NY Rangers (Phillips seems to always sell out when the team plays them);Toronto (national anthem fiasco); and fellow Southeast team Tampa Bay. Also I have included a 'other' option so anyone can write in their team that Atlanta wants them to beat always.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline  
Old
05-25-2004, 08:57 PM
  #2
btn
Gone Hollywood
 
btn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ATL
Country: United States
Posts: 15,674
vCash: 500
Just due to the lengthy winless drought to start their history, I would say Carolina. Even now they stink I do so enjoy it when we beat them.

I would have put Philly on there instead of the Rangers, for some reason the Thrashers and Flyers players just seem to hate each other.

Florida is also a better choice than say Nashville. I would certainly prefer Nashville as a rival, but when you play once or twice a year it is tough to build something up.

btn is offline  
Old
05-26-2004, 03:36 AM
  #3
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 500
Tampa for me, you should of heard me squeal like a little girl when I heard the result of the Lehtonen vs TB game

Having said that, I am rooting for them in the playoffs, so its a bit of a weird rivalry.

Amen evil king is offline  
Old
05-26-2004, 07:23 AM
  #4
The Sneak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Georgia
Country: Jersey
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
I voted other: None. I don't think we'll have one until we're fighting for a playoff spot. Really, when our games haven't meant anything, why would anyone get worked up about playing us?

The Sneak is offline  
Old
05-26-2004, 03:05 PM
  #5
WellSeats
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Nashville Predators for me. Even though we don't play them much (go figure!), we are relatively close. I attended the March 2003 game in Nashville between the Thrashers and Predlies, and it was great because 1) we won and 2) there must have been 2-3 thousand Thrasher fans present. For once, it was nice to be on the other side of things (in an opponents house proudly wearing our colors and winning, much like we see at Phillips when Detroit, Philly, NYR, etc come to town). I hope this rivalry can be expanded in the future.

WellSeats is offline  
Old
05-26-2004, 05:06 PM
  #6
Section119
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Connecticut
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
The Crapitals might be my second choice after Tampa.

Section119 is offline  
Old
05-27-2004, 10:45 AM
  #7
thrashers=cup05
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Edmonton, i wish we could play against them more than we do. I hope the NHL smartens up and lets us play them with our extra games. think about it, Kovys goal and illegal stick show, Comrie and Kovy fight, And the all players on the ice fight (including the goalies)

thrashers=cup05 is offline  
Old
05-28-2004, 08:50 AM
  #8
VAThrasher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellSeats
Nashville Predators for me. Even though we don't play them much (go figure!), we are relatively close. I attended the March 2003 game in Nashville between the Thrashers and Predlies, and it was great because 1) we won and 2) there must have been 2-3 thousand Thrasher fans present. For once, it was nice to be on the other side of things (in an opponents house proudly wearing our colors and winning, much like we see at Phillips when Detroit, Philly, NYR, etc come to town). I hope this rivalry can be expanded in the future.
Ditto. I'm biased by prior residence, however.

VAThrasher is offline  
Old
05-28-2004, 12:12 PM
  #9
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,591
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashers=cup05
Edmonton, i wish we could play against them more than we do. I hope the NHL smartens up and lets us play them with our extra games. think about it, Kovys goal and illegal stick show, Comrie and Kovy fight, And the all players on the ice fight (including the goalies)
I'm with you on this one. Every Edmonton/Atlanta game always ends up in complete chaos. The Comrie/Kovalchuk fight had me on the floor laughing (especially with Comrie's little spin move) and was one of the most entertaining fights i've seen in a while...until the brawl this past year with Oilers fighting from inside the Atlanta bench, and even the goalies getting into it (even if it did result in atl not having a goalie for the last 3 or 4 minutes).

misfit is offline  
Old
05-30-2004, 08:52 AM
  #10
SlimJater
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Edmonton and Buffalo.

SlimJater is offline  
Old
05-30-2004, 06:40 PM
  #11
Epoch
Registered User
 
Epoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,152
vCash: 500
Tampa.

:gman:

Epoch is offline  
Old
07-21-2004, 04:33 PM
  #12
puckstopper101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to puckstopper101
Montreal or Edmonton

puckstopper101 is offline  
Old
07-21-2004, 05:18 PM
  #13
15+17=Cup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit
I'm with you on this one. Every Edmonton/Atlanta game always ends up in complete chaos. The Comrie/Kovalchuk fight had me on the floor laughing (especially with Comrie's little spin move) and was one of the most entertaining fights i've seen in a while...until the brawl this past year with Oilers fighting from inside the Atlanta bench, and even the goalies getting into it (even if it did result in atl not having a goalie for the last 3 or 4 minutes).
agreed, I have to say our biggest rivalry until we are fighting for a playoff spot is with Edmonton.

15+17=Cup is offline  
Old
07-23-2004, 07:56 PM
  #14
thrashers=cup05
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15+17=Cup
agreed, I have to say our biggest rivalry until we are fighting for a playoff spot is with Edmonton.
Now that I think about it we have a pretty good rivalry with the penguins too, and the majority of the canadian teams. We just don't really have them with Calgary and Vancouver though.

thrashers=cup05 is offline  
Old
07-24-2004, 12:27 AM
  #15
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 18,110
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJater
Edmonton and Buffalo.
As far as Buffalo is concerned, we played some entertaining games against you guys this year and that should only grow in the future with the young talent on both teams.

Rob Paxon is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.