HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

would you do 1st round 04 and Marcel Hossa for Nathan Horton ????

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
But Beatnik you don't think that Horton is the PERFECT player for the habs?? He is a power forward that have tremedous skills and this guy give his 110% every day he is a big player with a lot of skills,strong,charachter player thats what the habs lacks over the the years and don't forget he can play winger and center if ribs didn't respond Horton can replace him and it will be a tremendous line Horton-Koivu-Kovalev or Ryder-Horton-Perezhogin but as like you said it will cost a lot to get him he is a futur superstar I dont think 1 round 04 , 3rd round 04 , marcel hossa and Ron Hainsey will be enough.Anyway Horton is what the habs need to build a strong team .BTW sorry for the english it's my fourth language.
The reasons why he would be perfect for Montreal are the same reasons why keenan wouldn't do it.

Old
05-26-2004, 07:29 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Not a chance.

Especially not Souray.
Agreed, Sourays only had 1 really good season and he still got injured for a good chunk of it.

If we wanted to make a serious offer for Horton we`d have to put ATLEAST Kastitsyn and another top prospect and that`s just to get the ball rolling. Horton is a top 4 pick you aren`t going to get him for potential busts like Hossa, Hainsey and a late first round pick.

Old
05-26-2004, 09:24 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisson11
There are about 1 - 2 threads every couple of days based on trying every single trade possible and seeing if they would work
AGREED it's the time to talk about trade it's the off-season

Old
05-26-2004, 09:34 PM
Traitor8

it's time to talk about draft..we can't talk trade until about june 1 because a lot of RFA will be UFA because they won't be qualified. Also with the new CBA, lots of teams don't want to make chances unless they are dumping 9 M $ but there is no team to trade him too so they are all staying put. You might see good players in the 0-5 M $ Price Range and young players/prospects get traded on draft day but I don't expect much more.

Old
05-26-2004, 09:35 PM
keemo905

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
would you do that trade???? me yes but if it's not enough who would you add to work this trade ????

I think any habs fan would...

Closed Thread