HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LD Hampus Lindholm (2012, 6th overall, Anaheim)

Old
12-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Eyelanders

vCash: 500
LD Hampus Lindholm (2012, 6th overall, Anaheim)

I would like to hear something on him. I have seen Lindholm playing once this year and he looked as a very promising defenseman. Smart decisions with the puck, likes to play the offensive game. He´s also big, listed at 6´2". How does Lindholm compare to his former teammate Rasmus Bengtsson, who is a second round pick by Florida Panthers?

Eyelanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 05:18 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Two-way defenseman who likes to play offensively but never sacrificing defensive work. Is quite big and good skater. Decent physical player.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:44 PM
KlattNazty

update?

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 12:54 PM
WayneBruce

Never seen him play but it looks like he´s taken a spot in Rögle. His stats in Superelit are pretty good, 3rd in +/- and 16 points in 27 games.

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 06:43 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

How does he compare to rasmus bengtsson?

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Saw him play tonight but I was focused on Filip Forsberg. Will make a trip back to Rögle soon to watch Lindholm (and hopefully Törnkvist) and give more info then. I did notice him jumping into the attack a few times (he made it as far as the crease once). He's an outstanding skater.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:19 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Saw him play tonight but I was focused on Filip Forsberg. Will make a trip back to Rögle soon to watch Lindholm (and hopefully Törnkvist) and give more info then. I did notice him jumping into the attack a few times (he made it as far as the crease once). He's an outstanding skater.
Any idea of how he might compare with Klefbom?

Old
01-16-2012, 07:43 PM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
How does he compare to rasmus bengtsson?
He is a better skater from my limited viewing, Rasmus have some serious trouble with accelerating. On the other hand Rasmus Bengtsson got sick hands for a defenseman and better tools for putting up a lot of points. Lindholm is probably the safer bet though. Rögle moved Rasmus Bengtsson (that was having a bad season) to make room for Lindholm.

Rögle is on a hotstreak with d-men, they also have Anton Cederholm and Amil Krupic. Highend d-men for the 2013-draft, plus Niklas Hansson that also looks good. All born 1995.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

That is an awesome name.

Any idea on where he could be selected?

Seto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Got a chance to see Lindholm play against Malmö tonight. Here's the report, which I also posted on my blog (linked in my sig) with some more thoughts:

HAMPUS LINDHOLM
DEFENSEMAN (Right), Rögle BK, Hockeyallsvenskan
SEASON TO DATE: 12GP - 0G - 1A - 1P - -3 - 24 SOG - 8 PIM
STATS ON THE NIGHT: 0G - 0A - 0P - +/- EVEN - 3 SOG - 0 PIM

Rögle BK @ Malmö Redhawks (Malmö Arena, Malmö, Sweden)
31/1/2012 (19:00)
FINAL SCORE: MAL 3-2 (SO) RÖG
BY PERIOD: 1-1, 1-0, 0-1, 0-0, 1-0 (SO)

SUMMARY
Raw offensive defenseman with top-end skating ability but questionable play in his own end. Lindholm's biggest asset(s) was/were his feet. Showed a quick, powerful stride and his pivots were outstanding. His backwards skating was strong but his gap control was off all night. Tended to turn his back, or at least side, towards the play when anticipating the breakout at center ice. Often reacted improperly when forwards would change their speed entering the zone, giving them too much space. Showed the ability to make quick changes of direction but the defensive awareness was not there. Also showed a tendency to leave too much room between himself and opposing forwards, allowing them to gain speed. Overall, he did not look poised when facing the rush, particularly on the left side. Tended to lead with his stick when checking along the boards, which was sometimes a positive, but he often reached and as a result had a hard time being effective with his body. Two times, forwards bounced off his checks without trouble. He also missed a check and took himself out of position. Played a little too aggressively for his size/strength. Might be that he's not used to playing against professional competition and is still adjusting. Seemed to be unaware of how much time he had with the puck. Once, with the puck floating off a deflection, he threw it against the side boards without clearing the zone even though he had time to settle it, creating a scoring chance for the opposition. Showed a hesitance towards taking the puck deep in his zone or behind the net to calm the play or restart the attack. Tried to force the play off turnovers. Communicated D assignments with his teammates on numerous occasions but showed some hesitance in doing so. Needs to be more decisive and less aggressive in the defensive zone overall. Too tense. Too lax in front of his net. Got knocked fully off his feet at least five times on the night. Again, could be an adjustment to the competition. Whatever the case, he was a little too late in getting rid of the puck on multiple occasions and paid for it. Was apt at carrying the puck up the ice but his breakout passes were hit-or-miss. On multiple occasions he made the right pass, but sometimes without enough zip, setting up his forwards to get hit. Showed a good ability to keep the puck in at the point with his skates. Lines up very wide off faceoffs, near the middle of the zone. Illustrated a willingness to go below the dots in the offensive zone and was generally good about picking his spots. Showed determination in getting the puck deep to allow for a change, though he followed it a little too heavily, got crushed, and allowed the opposition numbers the other way. Did not play on the PK or PP. Did not get a shift in the third period after his team tied the game (around the 11 minute mark). Shorted many of his shifts, especially after getting hit hard. Looked like a boy amongst men, but his skating ability alone makes him an interesting prospect. Couple that with some offensive prowess, and he could develop into a nice depth defenseman, but there was no visible star potential.

CSS CHECKLIST:
Skating
(8) Acceleration - First few strides, ability to pull away from or catch other players.
(NA) Speed - When in motion at full stride. (Did not reach full speed)
(5) Balance - Is he strong on his skates?
(8) Mobility - Agility, footwork, pivots, stops and starts.
(7.5) Backward Skating - Overall backward skating ability.

Puck skills
(7) Shot accuracy - Does he hit the net, force the goalie to make a save?
(6) Shot strength - Does he have a heavy shot?
(7) Shot release - Ability to shoot without getting set, off of the stickhandle.
(6) Possess multiple shot types - Quality of wrist, slap, snap and backhand.
(6) Stickhandling ability - Can he handle the puck at top speed? Controls the puck in tight
quarters, corners, along the boards.
(5) Puck protection - Ability to adjust body position & balance to keep or acquire the puck.
(NA) Faceoffs - Gets his team puck possession off the draw, used in all zones and all
situations.
(6) Giving a Pass - Delivers puck for easy handling, leads his man.
(6) Receiving a Pass - Gets puck under control quickly, can receive puck backhand, forehand,
off skates.
(NA) Scoring touch - Can he score several ways? Smart around the net, has a nose for the net.
(Involved in chances but no goals on the night)

Competitiveness
(6) Scoring drive - Willing to battle, go to the net, pay the price to score.
(6) Work ethic - Overall effort, works and competes every shift regardless of score & venue.
(5) Attitude - Level of maturity; well developed or 'has a ways to go.'
(4) Consistency - How consistent has his play been over the course of the season or in a game?
(He was better at the Rögle/Leksands game)
(5) Forechecking - Puck pursuit, fights through checks.

Physical Play
(5) Board & Corner play - Battles for loose pucks, willing to pay the price.
(4) Physical presence - Size and strength are used as an asset; tough to play against;
punishes opponents every chance.
(5) Conditioning - Overall physical conditioning, build, strength, stamina and durability,
seldom misses games.
(4) Hitting - Takes the body, effectively separates opposition from the puck, willing to take
a hit to make a play.
(NA) Fighting - Willing to fight and is capable.

Hockey Sense
(7) Playmaking - Vision, offensive imagination, sets teammates up for scoring chances.
(7/5) Anticipation - Reads and reacts to the play, gets himself in position before the play
develops, sees opening for transition play.(Offense: 8.5; Defense: 5)
(8) Discipline - Avoids bad penalties, accepts a bad call, not drawn in to retaliation.
(No penalties on the night; hesitant to join scrums)
(6;5) Decision Making - Ability to sort out options and make the right choices. (Offense: 8;
Defense: 4)
(6) Play under pressure - Ability to make the right decisions above when forechecked or in a key situation.
(3) Versatility - Ability to play various positions, roles, special teams. (Did not play PP or PK)

Defensive Play
(6) Defensive Anticipation - Reads the play, gap control.
(5) Positioning - Angles opponents, active away from the puck.
(5) Backchecking - Picks up man, returns hard to the defensive zone.
(3) Defensive Reliability - Is he used in critical situations?

Psychological Factors
(4) Leadership - Takes charge, displays on-ice leadership.
(5) Communication - Witnessed in-game examples of constructive discussions w/ teammates and coaches.
(5) Confidence - Displays a noticeable 'air of confidence' in his on-ice activities.

Old
01-30-2012, 09:26 PM
arsmaster

Thanks Josh.

I really like your format for scouting reports.

Was this your first viewing?

Im wondering how he fares against his peers (junior aged players)...as some of the things that look like negatives (leadership, no PK or PP etc) might be due to his youth.

All in all good job...

I have this idea in my head that he is similar to Klefbom, after this scouting report I dont see it, seems his offensive upside is higher but his defensive game needs work.

Would you have a comparable NHL player?

I'd love a report Ludwig Bystrom if you have ever seen him live....cheers, keep up the good work.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 06:06 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Thanks Josh.

I really like your format for scouting reports.

Was this your first viewing?

Im wondering how he fares against his peers (junior aged players)...as some of the things that look like negatives (leadership, no PK or PP etc) might be due to his youth.

All in all good job...

I have this idea in my head that he is similar to Klefbom, after this scouting report I dont see it, seems his offensive upside is higher but his defensive game needs work.

Would you have a comparable NHL player?

I'd love a report Ludwig Bystrom if you have ever seen him live....cheers, keep up the good work.
Thanks!

I did get the feeling that he's still adjusting to bigger/stronger competition but he looked so tentative defensively that it makes me think he's not ready for full-time Allsvenskan play. He also went almost 10 minutes in the third without a shift. Seems to me his confidence is a little shot right now. I saw him play at home last week against Leksands and he looked better, but to be fair I wasn't focused on him as much as Filip Forsberg.

Comparable player... not an NHLer but he reminded me a lot of Thomas Hickey. Positively and negatively.

I'm a ways away from Modo but I'd like to see Bystrom. Will definitely keep an eye out.

Old
03-15-2012, 02:57 PM
cheerupmurray

He is playing fantastic right now, he looks like a firstrounder to me. One of the best d-men a
out there against Djurgården (that is a SEL-team) in Kvalserien, enormous confidence, bold offense and great skating.

Last edited by cheerupmurray: 03-15-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old
03-15-2012, 03:36 PM
WayneBruce

Wow, wonderful game by him. Too bad it was against DIF....

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 04:04 PM
KlattNazty

Whats his skating like? And creativity?

Is he one of these premier offensive swedish dmen ala karlsson?

Old
03-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Rirre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamshot View Post
Whats his skating like? And creativity?

Is he one of these premier offensive swedish dmen ala karlsson?
Saw him yesterday against Djurgarden. Best D-man on ice, he was everywhere. He will never be near Karlsson offensively even though he seem to have quite good offensive abillity. Hes a 2-way D-man and should go in the first round otherwise hes a really good steal. His skating is good, above average and had some nice passes, good vision.

Rirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 07:42 AM
YARR123

Why haven't we heard more of this guy before? Has he just started to play better or has he just been under the radar? All I knew about this guy was that he is the guy on Buttons lists in the top-15 and nobody knows why

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 08:55 AM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Why haven't we heard more of this guy before? Has he just started to play better or has he just been under the radar? All I knew about this guy was that he is the guy on Buttons lists in the top-15 and nobody knows why
He has started to adjust to playing senior hockey, seen him before this season and he was miles better against Djurgården. He was called up in the middle of the season from the junior team. If he plays like this in the u-18 wjc he could rise on alot of rankings.

Old
03-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Another Hampus? Seriously, these kids parents must really hate them.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:10 AM
FirmestPiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
He is playing fantastic right now, he looks like a firstrounder to me. One of the best d-men a
out there against Djurgården (that is a SEL-team) in Kvalserien, enormous confidence, bold offense and great skating.
Thought he had a really good game aswell. Though it was the first time I saw him so I don't have much to compare with. Wanted to catch him and Åberg play last night, shame Åberg wasn't playing that much. Noticed his skating and offensive instincts the most, crisp passing aswell. Seemed like he was running around a little too much when playing D though but probably to be expected. The way he moved kinda reminded me of Larsson (Obviously not as good, just comparing their styles). Looking forward to watching more games of him, wonder how he compares to Byström?

FirmestPiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Scored a goal vs Örebro.

Last edited by Hockeyfrilla: 03-17-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 07:02 PM
sg58

His play in the games of late when the games have mattered the most and the competition have been the toughest has really been excellent, definitely playing his way into a surefire first round.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:18 PM
cheerupmurray

I keep bumping this, if this kid isn't in the first round the scouts have been slacking. He have 1+4 in 8 games in the relegation/promotion-series to Elitserien. Great upside in this guy.

Old
03-31-2012, 02:21 PM
hawksfan50

He was noticed before-you have heard of him--Craig Button had him quite high --ealy teens of round one back even several months ago and he is at #12 overall as of the latest rankings by Button (March 12th) --now that he is really impressing in the KVALSERIEN for the SEL with ROGLE one of the 2 teams (TIMRA the other) leading the QUALIFICATION tournament --and he is 1g+4a and+3 in 8GP do far I'm sure lots of other scouting orgs are giving him a RISER staturs--IF he shines again at the World u-18's ==then he could rise into the top ten in the final rankings of a lot of orgs..WE shall have to wait and see because the radars really will focus at that pressure cooker tournament as they always do to influence the FINAL rankings...

hawksfan50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:24 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Who would you rate higher in terms of offense and defense, Lindholm or Bystrom?

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote