HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers let Christer Rockstrom go

Old
07-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Lion, first of all, I just said that what you said was a load of bull -- and it is without any single doubt.

To say that Rockström didn't scout Lundqvist is like saying that Glen Sather today haven't seen Sidney Crosby play. Its ridiculos; Rockström -- without any single doubt -- must have seen Lundqvist 30-40 times, at least, at the time we drafted him. Its not like Lundqvist came out of Kazakstan, he played for the Swedish Nationalteam, in the big youth tournaments in Sweden and for his club team. Touraments that Rockström scouts, while Jan Gajdosik -- who was a recently hired part time scout at the time, and was asigned to cover the Czech and Slovak Rep, probably had not seen him much at all.

I've also heard Rockström several times say that he Lundqvist struggled in international tournaments in his draft year, but that he always had a shutout when Rockström watched him in the U-20 league in Sweden that year and how Rockström thought he was lucky to get to see a different side of Hank that many others didn't get to see since they only watched him in int. tournaments. Someone in the media deparment might have mixed up Jan Gajdosik and Christer Rockström.

Being that you know him personally maybe he can tell you him himself.

He may have seen him play numerous times. I am sure he did, but my point still stands. While he was the head of European scouting the organization drafted other guys ahead of Henrik, and DOCUMENTED in the show on MSG was the guy who directly said he was scouting Henrik in those tourneys. Was Rockstrom a part of drafting him, of course...But why wouldn't MSG give him the credit on the show?

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:43 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Lion, first of all, I just said that what you said was a load of bull -- and it is without any single doubt.

To say that Rockström didn't scout Lundqvist is like saying that Glen Sather today haven't seen Sidney Crosby play. Its ridiculos; Rockström -- without any single doubt -- must have seen Lundqvist 30-40 times, at least, at the time we drafted him. Its not like Lundqvist came out of Kazakstan, he played for the Swedish Nationalteam, in the big youth tournaments in Sweden and for his club team. Touraments that Rockström scouts, while Jan Gajdosik -- who was a recently hired part time scout at the time, and was asigned to cover the Czech and Slovak Rep, probably had not seen him much at all.

I've also heard Rockström several times say that he Lundqvist struggled in international tournaments in his draft year, but that he always had a shutout when Rockström watched him in the U-20 league in Sweden that year and how Rockström thought he was lucky to get to see a different side of Hank that many others didn't get to see since they only watched him in int. tournaments. Someone in the media deparment might have mixed up Jan Gajdosik and Christer Rockström.
Jan Gajdosik has been scouting for Rangers since early 90´and is their full-time scout watching games all around the Europe.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
Did Rockstrom find Lundquist?
I would say no. The scout that found Lundqvist was Jan Gajdosik that should have credit. He was the first to find Lundqvist and scout him. However, it's true Rockström was involved in the follow-ups, which would lead to Hank being drafted.

I think we've all seen the same video material. It's the MSG video of Lundqvist, I don't remember if it's part 1 or 2. It's both on Rangers' homepage and youtube.

Gajdosik basically wrote: "I've never seen a goalie this good at this age, since Dominik Hasek." Then Hasek himself has said on record, that he considers Lundqvist the best goalie in the NHL. The circle is complete.

Last edited by Chimp: 08-04-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote