HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

La - Nsh

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-24-2010, 04:40 AM
  #51
heartandsoul
 
heartandsoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: warm weather locale
Country: St Vincent and the Grenadines
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Umm yeah....I don't think a single Kings fan would do Doughty for Weber straight up, let alone us adding 1sts.
Crosby or Ovechkin might be the only two players who can get Doughty away from LAK for a 1 on 1 trade.

heartandsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 06:17 AM
  #52
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,252
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartandsoul View Post
Crosby or Ovechkin might be the only two players who can get Doughty away from LAK for a 1 on 1 trade.
Yep. Doughty just will not be traded. It's as simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartandsoul View Post
You're fired. True Kings fans won't give up Simmonds.
It's not the fact that I'd want to just give up Simmonds, it's just that Weber is worth it. Trust me, I don't ever want to lose Simmonds. I foresee him as our captain one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
yadda yadda yadda..

theres also not a preds fan that would trade weber for doughty straight up... we each like our own superstar and thats how it should be.


these threads are the least enjoyable part of HF boards...

This. Doughty and Weber are both upper echelon talents in the league. Both of their respective teams are ecstatic to have them and theres just no way they'd ever be in a deal going opposite directions.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 10:10 AM
  #53
gsharpe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
Myers... really?....... really.....?







no really!?
Actually, yes. He was the number 1 defenseman on Buffalo last season. At 20 he is already an excellent shut down defenseman and don't forget he had 48 points in his rookie season. He also has 2 years left on ELC. At this point, from a Buffalo point of view, I wouldn't trade Myers for Weber straight up.

gsharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 10:42 AM
  #54
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsharpe View Post
Actually, yes. He was the number 1 defenseman on Buffalo last season. At 20 he is already an excellent shut down defenseman and don't forget he had 48 points in his rookie season. He also has 2 years left on ELC. At this point, from a Buffalo point of view, I wouldn't trade Myers for Weber straight up.
I don't see why. Sure the kid had a good rookie season, has size already, and at 20 years old only has room to improve. Weber is a beast and has proven it over multiple seasons, though. You and I don't make this deal, but Buffalo does.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 12:03 PM
  #55
Zal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
Give us Kopitar, Johnson, and a 1st and Nashville will do it...maybe.

It would take that much to pry him away from us
That's ridiculous. It would be Kopitar for Weber.

I gave a handsom counter-proposal posted above for Weber+Sullivan, but this counter is absolutely asinine.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 12:42 PM
  #56
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator
 
saintsnsoldiers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Logan, Utah
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
On no planet is Simmonds\Johnson good enough to get back Weber. Put the shoe on the other foot...if someone offered you a solid, gritty 25 goal 2nd liner and a number 2\3 defenseman that's struggled a bit with consistency...would you give up Doughty?
No, because Weber is no Doughty. Simmonds and Johnson would get conversations going between the GM's. Maybe a bit more from LA but nowhere near Schenn. Parse or a 2nd maybe. You way underestmate JJ and Simmonds. JJ is on his way to being a 1-2 guy and Simmonds is still a pup.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 03:35 PM
  #57
pwilson14
Registered User
 
pwilson14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsharpe View Post
I'm a Canucks fan, but am making this trade from a Kings point of view. I'm not sure if this trade would actually work.

Weber + Sullivan

for

Johnson + Simmonds


Simmonds fits Nashville's rough 2 way consisten game plan. Johnson may turn into Suter's best partner. Nashville knows how to develop defenseman.


Kings obviously get a great pairing and probably the best pairing in the league with Weber and Doughty. Sullivan can play left wing for relatively cheap. They can feel better about not getting Zherdev, Kovalchuk, Gagne and Frolov.

PS. I can't wait for hockey and real hockey news.

Where the heck do I sign??? Doughty and Weber together...WOW!?!?!

No chance Weber would get traded and for so little, wasn't he just named team captin?

pwilson14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 05:54 PM
  #58
UpperShelf21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsharpe View Post
I'm a Canucks fan, but am making this trade from a Kings point of view. I'm not sure if this trade would actually work.

Weber + Sullivan

for

Johnson + Simmonds


Simmonds fits Nashville's rough 2 way consisten game plan. Johnson may turn into Suter's best partner. Nashville knows how to develop defenseman.


Kings obviously get a great pairing and probably the best pairing in the league with Weber and Doughty. Sullivan can play left wing for relatively cheap. They can feel better about not getting Zherdev, Kovalchuk, Gagne and Frolov.

PS. I can't wait for hockey and real hockey news.
And how does this benefit the Kings at all? Horrible proposal.

UpperShelf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 08:19 PM
  #59
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
That's ridiculous. It would be Kopitar for Weber.

I gave a handsom counter-proposal posted above for Weber+Sullivan, but this counter is absolutely asinine.
Ya im aware that it is an insane proposal, its the only way any team would get Weber away from us. Teams would have to overpay. The point is he isnt going anywhere.

And the Weber Sullivan deal was not a good proposal either.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 12:17 AM
  #60
lightning_legwand*
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsharpe View Post
I'm a Canucks fan, but am making this trade from a Kings point of view. I'm not sure if this trade would actually work.

Weber + Sullivan

for

Johnson + Simmonds


Simmonds fits Nashville's rough 2 way consisten game plan. Johnson may turn into Suter's best partner. Nashville knows how to develop defenseman.


Kings obviously get a great pairing and probably the best pairing in the league with Weber and Doughty. Sullivan can play left wing for relatively cheap. They can feel better about not getting Zherdev, Kovalchuk, Gagne and Frolov.

PS. I can't wait for hockey and real hockey news.

Worst proposal ever.

Sullivan > Simmonds


Weber >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Johnson


Dumb idea for Nashville, really dumb

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 12:30 AM
  #61
Zal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
Ya im aware that it is an insane proposal, its the only way any team would get Weber away from us. Teams would have to overpay. The point is he isnt going anywhere.

And the Weber Sullivan deal was not a good proposal either.
In other words, it was pointless for you to post.

Got it.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 12:38 AM
  #62
Mukluk*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
That's ridiculous. It would be Kopitar for Weber.

I gave a handsom counter-proposal posted above for Weber+Sullivan, but this counter is absolutely asinine.
Not a chance. Weber > Kopitar, if I had to pick one it would be Webs in a heartbeat.

Mukluk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 02:08 AM
  #63
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
In other words, it was pointless for you to post.

Got it.
Hahaha thats what you say back, talk about a pointless post.

But anyway

Weber>Kopitar D men like Weber dont come around often. There are numerous players the league arguably better than Kopitar. Kopitar is amazing dont get me wrong but it would be much eaiser to find a replacement for him than a replacement for Weber.

And i dont see how Weber & Sullivan for Johnson & Simmonds is a good proposal....I would love an explanation becuase that makes us much much worse and you all much better.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 02:48 AM
  #64
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
Worst proposal ever.

Sullivan > Simmonds


Weber >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Johnson


Dumb idea for Nashville, really dumb
Ok, not trying to defend the original proposal here, because it is bad for Nashville, but how is Sullivan better than Simmonds? They basically had identical numbers, and Simmonds in 15 years younger, not to mention a much more physical player and cap freindly contract.

It'd take more than Sullivan to get Simmonds.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 05:13 PM
  #65
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Ok, not trying to defend the original proposal here, because it is bad for Nashville, but how is Sullivan better than Simmonds? They basically had identical numbers, and Simmonds in 15 years younger, not to mention a much more physical player and cap freindly contract.

It'd take more than Sullivan to get Simmonds.
Mostly by virtue of ignorance of the players' mutual roles.

That said, crappy rebuttals of a crappy proposal does not make said proposal any less crappy.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 06:57 PM
  #66
Canadian Game
Registered User
 
Canadian Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelsman View Post
Pretty clear you are making this from a Kings point of view. Add Kopitar and maybe you got a deal.

Weber is worth far more than that package
Wow, that's like looking at things from the complete opposite view. Kopitar is worth more than Weber alone and therefore, he wouldn't be added with Simmonds and JJ for just Weber. Honestly, I would even hesitate in adding Brown to the deal if Weber comes back with nothing else (picks, prospects, players).

Something to keep in mind with Webber is that while he is a highly skilled d-man and is making $4.5m this year, he becomes an RFA at the end of this season. I would expect that he will be making a few extra dollars for the next few years after and will become another highly paid d-man.

Canadian Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 10:17 PM
  #67
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Game View Post
Wow, that's like looking at things from the complete opposite view. Kopitar is worth more than Weber alone and therefore, he wouldn't be added with Simmonds and JJ for just Weber. Honestly, I would even hesitate in adding Brown to the deal if Weber comes back with nothing else (picks, prospects, players).

Something to keep in mind with Webber is that while he is a highly skilled d-man and is making $4.5m this year, he becomes an RFA at the end of this season. I would expect that he will be making a few extra dollars for the next few years after and will become another highly paid d-man.
Weber isn't just "highly skilled", he's already elite. Kopitar, by contrast, is merely* extremely likely to reach elite status within the next two or three years. Kopitar is therefore presently not worth more than Weber alone - especially given the much higher value being placed on elite defensemen nowadays.

All that said, that would be in a scenario where all other things are equal, though, and that's not actually the case - LA has guys like JMFJ and Drew Doughty, whereas Nashville has nobody with Kopitar-like upside. So I can see why folks might think Nashville would have to add.

In the end, though, I think both teams would have to be crazy to even consider swapping Weber and Kopitar. LA doesn't need another super-defenseman, and Nashville has no reason to give up their captain and face of the franchise.

*: note that I use the word "merely" extremely loosely here. It's kind of a relative thing when you're talking about players of this kind of skill.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 12:01 AM
  #68
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperShelf21 View Post
And how does this benefit the Kings at all? Horrible proposal.
Are you serious? How does adding Weber help the Kings, is that what you're asking?

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 12:36 AM
  #69
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Mostly by virtue of ignorance of the players' mutual roles.

That said, crappy rebuttals of a crappy proposal does not make said proposal any less crappy.
I very much respect the role Sullivan plas, his veratility and the offensive capabilities. The way he came back from about 18 months off to come in at nearly full stride won me over, even though I was a fan of his since his time with TO.

I still don't understand how Sullivan is worth more than Simmonds however.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 01:03 AM
  #70
huntison
Registered User
 
huntison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,603
vCash: 500
Haha Nashville laughs at this one...

huntison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:45 AM
  #71
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I very much respect the role Sullivan plas, his veratility and the offensive capabilities. The way he came back from about 18 months off to come in at nearly full stride won me over, even though I was a fan of his since his time with TO.

I still don't understand how Sullivan is worth more than Simmonds however.
You misinterpret. The ignorance I spoke of was not on your part.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.