HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Atlantic Team do you hate the most?

View Poll Results: Which atlantic team do you hate the most
Devils 85 37.78%
Islanders 30 13.33%
Pens 57 25.33%
Philly 53 23.56%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-24-2010, 01:05 PM
cjdv16

vCash: 500
Why aren't the Rangers listed here? 'Fraid the truth will hurt?

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 01:06 PM
SaveByLundqvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIsDifferentHer View Post
Yes. The Flyers don't bother me for some reason. I dunno, I'm a weird Ranger fan, lol.
Haha to each his own I guess. We're all weird cause we like the Rangers lol

SaveByLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 01:07 PM
PacManNJD
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanRanger View Post
lmfao the Devil fans in this thread have proven my point.
What point? Did you say we were ignorant or something along those lines? Because that would be deeply hypocritical, especially considering us Devils fans are actually the ones who watch the team and go to the Prudential Center. And, no, this isn't an inferiority complex. There's nothing for Devils fans to feel inferior to when concerning the New York Rangers.

We are defending our team from the inane claims of rival fans with FACT. The very idea the you dismiss everything we said with "lmfao the Devil fans in this thread have proven my point." while probably not even reading any of the perfectly viable points we made shows that you are the one being ignorant.

PacManNJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Deathstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanghostx View Post
What point? Did you say we were ignorant or something along those lines? Because that would be deeply hypocritical, especially considering us Devils fans are actually the ones who watch the team and go to the Prudential Center. And, no, this isn't an inferiority complex. There's nothing for Devils fans to feel inferior to when concerning the New York Rangers.

We are defending our team from the inane claims of rival fans with FACT. The very idea the you dismiss everything we said with "lmfao the Devil fans in this thread have proven my point." while probably not even reading any of the perfectly viable points we made shows that you are the one being ignorant.

Ignorant and a bunch of tools.

And yes, you've proven both of those points.

Deathstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 01:13 PM
PacManNJD
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
Barry Melrose said it's a nice arena but you'd better not carry your wallet outside of it. Kind of negates a lot of the positives of the new place.
I can only assume that you've never been there.

There area is just fine. It's in the middle of the Downtown Business District. Melrose probably saw the abandoned warehouses across the street (that are currently being replaced with brand new sports bars) and immediately assumed that dilapidated buildings are synonymous with crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanRanger View Post
Ignorant and a bunch of tools.

And yes, you've proven both of those points.
If I'm a tool for defending my favorite sports franchise, then so be it...

Good on you for showing how mature you can act in the face of criticism.

Last edited by PacManNJD: 07-24-2010 at 01:19 PM.
PacManNJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 01:33 PM
CaptainCallahan*

I am a diehard Rangers fan, but I am even more of a hockey fan. I enjoy watching Devils and Flyers games because they are quality teams that play entertaining hockey. I will always give credit where credit is due, which is why I'm not one of the people who say 'Devils Suck' when they statistically have been better than us for years, or 'Crosby sucks' when he leads the league in points.

That being said, as a completely unbiased, objective HOCKEY fan, I have noticed a few things. Living in New Jersey, every time I wear a Rangers t-shirt on campus, there is always at least 1 rude person approaching me with insults, only to find that they are a Devils fan. Obviously I can't generalize and say every Devils fan is a rude *********, but every time I have been minding my own business and have been insulted, it is by a Devils fan. In fact, in class last week, I was wearing a Rangers shirt and some kid says 'So I see you follow crappy teams', so I go 'I take it you like the Devils' which of course he says yes too. Trying to be friendly even though the kid was an ass, I said, so what do you think about the Kovalchuk contract and he says 'who is that'. I LOLed.

Also, I don't understand why Philadelphia is called the city of brotherly love. My dad works there and I have been there many times, and everyone there is a belligerent drunk idiot. I am convinced they would eat their young and slay their newborns if necessary.

Islanders are passionate fans and that team has a rich tradition, but have been so poorly run for the past 2 decades, I think its inevitable they will relocate.

CaptainCallahan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 01:35 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCallahan View Post
I am a diehard Rangers fan, but I am even more of a hockey fan. I enjoy watching Devils and Flyers games because they are quality teams that play entertaining hockey. I will always give credit where credit is due, which is why I'm not one of the people who say 'Devils Suck' when they statistically have been better than us for years, or 'Crosby sucks' when he leads the league in points.

That being said, as a completely unbiased, objective HOCKEY fan, I have noticed a few things. Living in New Jersey, every time I wear a Rangers t-shirt on campus, there is always at least 1 rude person approaching me with insults, only to find that they are a Devils fan. Obviously I can't generalize and say every Devils fan is a rude *********, but every time I have been minding my own business and have been insulted, it is by a Devils fan. In fact, in class last week, I was wearing a Rangers shirt and some kid says 'So I see you follow crappy teams', so I go 'I take it you like the Devils' which of course he says yes too. Trying to be friendly even though the kid was an ass, I said, so what do you think about the Kovalchuk contract and he says 'who is that'. I LOLed.
This is exactly why Devils fans don't get respect. The knowledgeable ones are tolerable, but the casual fans are ****ing ********.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Matteau Matteau

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
Because this is a thread for Ranger fans on a Ranger board. Tool.

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 02:46 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
That's embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanghostx View Post
I can only assume that you've never been there.

There area is just fine. It's in the middle of the Downtown Business District. Melrose probably saw the abandoned warehouses across the street (that are currently being replaced with brand new sports bars) and immediately assumed that dilapidated buildings are synonymous with crime.
Do yourself a favor and don't bother arguing. The Prudential Center is an absolutely fine area, no less of a crime-enthused radius as Madison Square Garden is. However, you're sailing in uncharted waters arguing on one of our threads. I used to do it, but don't bother anymore. It's only a headache and infractions that you end up not needing in the long run.

This is the off-season. We're all bored.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 03:16 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Funny enough the way a lot of fans act on here I think they might vote for the Rangers haha.

For me currently I absolutely hate the Pens.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Basement Cat
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCallahan View Post

Also, I don't understand why Philadelphia is called the city of brotherly love. My dad works there and I have been there many times, and everyone there is a belligerent drunk idiot. I am convinced they would eat their young and slay their newborns if necessary.

Islanders are passionate fans and that team has a rich tradition, but have been so poorly run for the past 2 decades, I think its inevitable they will relocate.
Quote:
This is exactly why Devils fans don't get respect. The knowledgeable ones are tolerable, but the casual fans are ****ing ********.
So the smart ones are tolerable and the dumb ones are ****ing annoying? Can't the same be said for all fanbases. There are plenty of stupid fans in every fanbase and some of the responses in this thread show that the Rangers are no different.

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 03:28 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
So the smart ones are tolerable and the dumb ones are ****ing annoying? Can't the same be said for all fanbases. There are plenty of stupid fans in every fanbase and some of the responses in this thread show that the Rangers are no different.
It seems to me(at least in my area)that there are more casual Devil fans then diehards. I mean, this idiot I know tried to tell me the Rangers lost 7-0 to Buffalo when we hadn't even played them yet.

Old
07-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Basement Cat
Frank Drebin

Quote:
It seems to me(at least in my area)that there are more casual Devil fans then diehards. I mean, this idiot I know tried to tell me the Rangers lost 7-0 to Buffalo when we hadn't even played them yet.
Okay and there are idiots that say that the Devils never sellout without having the Rangers come to town. There was also a poster from this very board that came onto the Devils forum and said that on nights where the Rangers aren't even in town, 15% of the fans are Rangers fans!

You can't just generalize like that and say that most of the Devils fans are stupid or whatever you want to say. There are dumbasses everywhere.

Old
07-24-2010, 03:35 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Okay and there are idiots that say that the Devils never sellout without having the Rangers come to town. There was also a poster from this very board that came onto the Devils forum and said that on nights where the Rangers aren't even in town, 15% of the fans are Rangers fans!

You can't just generalize like that and say that most of the Devils fans are stupid or whatever you want to say. There are dumbasses everywhere.
Well, I'm not one to do that. I actually don't mind the Devils, but the casual fans are really intolerable. That's really all I'm saying.

Old
07-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Basement Cat
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Well, I'm not one to do that. I actually don't mind the Devils, but the casual fans are really intolerable. That's really all I'm saying.
Gotcha and I was just syaing that it works both ways. There are plenty of dumbass Rangers fand and Philly fans and Pens fans. I respects most you guys too. Just like you, I respect any knowledgable hockey fan.

Old
07-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Times have sure changed when the Isles are the least hated, lot of young kids on the board I guess.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

The Rangers and the Devils make for an interesting rivalry, no doubt about it. A few years down the line if Marty has retired and Lundqvist has signed elsewhere, it might not be so much fun.

I am going to attempt to enjoy the Rangers-Isles games as much as I can before they move out of the division and into the heartland.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Basement Cat
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
The Rangers and the Devils make for an interesting rivalry, no doubt about it. A few years down the line if Marty has retired and Lundqvist has signed elsewhere, it might not be so much fun.

I am going to attempt to enjoy the Rangers-Isles games as much as I can before they move out of the division and into the heartland.
Ah here is one Rangers fan that is adored on the Devils board. Him and Dagoon.

Old
07-24-2010, 04:04 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

Right now the Pens. I absolutely despise Crosby, their stuck up "fans" and how the team is always garbage until they get a bunch of high draft picks.

Overall, it will always be the Islanders. I really don't hate any of the players on their team right now, but that might change in the future. Will always have a strong dislike for the fan base in general though.

If I actually had a reason to dislike some of the Islanders players, this would be a no brain-er.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 04:06 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

Quote:

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 04:07 PM
IfYouCantEtemJoinEm
so hot right now

vCash: 983
I'm going to agree with some of the posters here about the arrogance of Devils fans. I enjoy conversing with rival fans, and do so respectfully when at MSG. It's hard to go to the Prudential Center and start a conversation with a Devils fan without getting a snide remark. Like when I was at the game last season in March...

Me: "Congrats on the Kovy trade, hopefully we'll meet up in the playoffs again."

Devils fan: "9th place doesn't make the playoffs (laughs)"

I know this isn't true for every devils fan, but in my opinion it is more or less the standard. Even my friends that are Devils fans are like that. It's impossible to talk hockey with them without a snide remark.

At least I don't get physically assaulted there like I do at the Wachovia Center.

IfYouCantEtemJoinEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Basement Cat
Frank Drebin

^^^^

It's a generalization. There are plenty of stupid Devils fans and plenty of dumbass Rangers fans. Does it really make you feel better by saying that Devils fans are arrogant and dumb?

Old
07-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
^^^^

It's a generalization. There are plenty of stupid Devils fans and plenty of dumbass Rangers fans. Does it really make you feel better by saying that Devils fans are arrogant and dumb?
You can't possibly deny this in any way. Any person who's been to the Garden, or the Colosseum should know that. If you go to either place and manage to not see a single fight break out, then you're actually viewing one of life's great rarities.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 06:20 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Times have sure changed when the Isles are the least hated, lot of young kids on the board I guess.
Plus the Isles blow. It's hard to hate the Isles and especially the Devs when we beat them the last few years and get killed by the Pens.

I agree with another guys perspective what really gets me too is the Pens "fans" abandoning the team and then flocking back when they get lucky and hit the 1st overall pick jackpot with Crosby.

If I remember they actually needed another year before flocking back while they waited for some wins to jump back on the bandwagon. Combine that with bad officiating in the PO's and leaguewide accusations of diving and crybaby antics and you have: A new focal point for my hatred.

The Isles and Devs get beaten too often byu us for me to hate them. Didn't we go undefeated against them 2 years ago. Hank has a godly record against them if I remember b/c we beat them a lot. Same for the Isles. hard to hate when you're winning. When you suck ass is when you start to hate haha.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
The old guys (few of us here) hate the Islanders. The young guys hate the Devils. But everybody hates Philadelphia.
Couldn't have said it better.

But I hate the devils too. The hatred for the islanders has turned into more scorn and laughing at their lowly circumstances and hoping it never gets better.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote