HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers ending affiliation with the Everblades

Old
07-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Panthers ending affiliation with the Everblades

Haven't seen this anywhere, is a few days old, though. Didn't realize the Blades were owned by the Canes.

http://www.litterboxcats.com/

07-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Georgia Panther

Now who is going to teach our kids how to dive?

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 06:32 PM
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I like the Everblades.

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 01:18 AM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Haven't seen this anywhere, is a few days old, though. Didn't realize the Blades were owned by the Canes.

http://www.litterboxcats.com/
They used to have preseason Canes vs. Cats games at the Everblades arena. I haven't been to one since Sutter was our head coach.

Totally unrelated, but my boys were picked as "Fan(s) of the Game" at the last Everblades game they went to. It was a rare night when I got to stay home alone, so I didn't get to see them win it. I did however, have them dressed in their Panther gear.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 04:11 AM
Acadmus

Wonder if this means the Panthers are finally going to seek a sole affiliation somewhere?

07-24-2010, 04:11 AM
Gudbranson44

meh...

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 10:35 AM
keithLGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Wonder if this means the Panthers are finally going to seek a sole affiliation somewhere?
With what players? The Sabres don't have an ECHL affiliate at all, could be going down the same road.

keithLGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 11:43 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

This makes the goalie surplus situation a bit more interesting.

angry_treefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 05:57 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithLGA View Post
With what players? The Sabres don't have an ECHL affiliate at all, could be going down the same road.
Don't know if you noticed how big the Panthers' draft was this season, but they won't be able to stick all their professional prospects in Rochester since they'll also have to get you guys some regulars and veterans as well. They'd have the same arrangement with an ECHL team. But the point to it is to have greater control in their players' development. Even those who can't play in Rochester could be playing for a coach Tallon selects with input from Deboer.

And since clearly the point is to increase the depth of the organization (continuing what Martin started), it would make sense for the Panthers to have an affiliate. It's too late to start one this season, I'd suspect, so it wouldn't happen until next year - they'd probably have plenty of pros to start filling an ECHL roster then, and more still the year after that.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
This makes the goalie surplus situation a bit more interesting.
They'll rent them out.

Old
07-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Santos said they will have a new ECHL affiliation soon.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 08:01 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Don't know if you noticed how big the Panthers' draft was this season, but they won't be able to stick all their professional prospects in Rochester since they'll also have to get you guys some regulars and veterans as well. They'd have the same arrangement with an ECHL team. But the point to it is to have greater control in their players' development. Even those who can't play in Rochester could be playing for a coach Tallon selects with input from Deboer.

And since clearly the point is to increase the depth of the organization (continuing what Martin started), it would make sense for the Panthers to have an affiliate. It's too late to start one this season, I'd suspect, so it wouldn't happen until next year - they'd probably have plenty of pros to start filling an ECHL roster then, and more still the year after that.
Well none of those players drafted this year will turn pro for at least another season, except maybe Gudbranson.. And, as of now at least, it doesn't seem like they have enough players targeted for Rochester to be able to send anyone to an ECHL team, save for probably a goalie. But I guess they could add some depth by the time training camp rolls around.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 10:23 PM
Holy Jokinen

Fixed.

Last edited by Acadmus: 07-29-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: altering quotes not allowed
Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 04:48 AM
jol

Any other Panthers' players besides Paul Laus who has played in ECHL?

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 07:07 AM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
Any other Panthers' players besides Paul Laus who has played in ECHL?

JOL
McArdle played the end of a year and playoffs for the Everblades, as did Ashton (no longer with the team) and Shantz (not sure what happened to him).

One problem with the affiliation was that it seemed the Hurricanes prospects got more of a shot, as they owned the team.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Per the team, the Lightning have entered into a one-year affiliation agreement with the Florida Everblades of the ECHL. 38 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukboy5kroner View Post
McArdle played the end of a year and playoffs for the Everblades, as did Ashton (no longer with the team) and Shantz (not sure what happened to him).
Last I saw, Shantz was backstopping the Abottsford Heat team that ousted our affiliate Americans from the playoffs last spring

Old
07-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Fixed.
A lot of people haven't noticed this rule despite the change was made back in early January, so let me point it out here.

It is no longer allowed to alter someone's quoted post. You can trim it for length or relevance, but you may not change the substance of what was said. No matter how insignificant.

Any gripes with this rule to be brought up with Buffaloed and not me.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Well none of those players drafted this year will turn pro for at least another season, except maybe Gudbranson.. And, as of now at least, it doesn't seem like they have enough players targeted for Rochester to be able to send anyone to an ECHL team, save for probably a goalie. But I guess they could add some depth by the time training camp rolls around.
Each of the last few seasons they've had a few players that couldn't fit in Rochester. They'd have had more but without anywhere to put them aside from a handful of ECHL slots under Carolina's control, they likely don't offer contracts to project players who haven't developed sufficiently to warrant it and instead let them go to free agency (and often the end of their careers). Perhaps knowing they have a low-level minor league team of their own to develop players, they'd lower the bar a little in hopes someone blossoms.

And remember, the Panthers were building a prospect system almost from scratch in the first year of co-affiliation with Buffalo, since Keenan had gotten rid of almost all their prospects a year or two earlier.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
A lot of people haven't noticed this rule despite the change was made back in early January, so let me point it out here.

It is no longer allowed to alter someone's quoted post. You can trim it for length or relevance, but you may not change the substance of what was said. No matter how insignificant.

Ah, my bad. I definitely don't post here a ton so i must've missed that rule. Is it for the whole boards? cause i see it done in the Free Agency forum regularly. Anyways, noted.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 06:34 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:

Question: Is there a rule against quoting a poster and saying "Not Fixed" after the unedited quote?

ratmanfu is online now   Reply With Quote