HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Viner now the sole owner

Old
07-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Rattrick

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
jealous?
No, because I could have done the same thing, I just think it's a terrible idea because the fans are the worst people to have that intimate a relationship with.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
I know Cliff Viner personally and find him to be a much more personable person and better fan that stu seigel. For one, While Stu is up in the box seats, Viner and his family actually still maintain the same season tickets theyve had for years (I believe section 109 or one of the sections behind panthers shoot twice, 4 rows behind the glass). that being said seeing as how the panthers are 11 million under the cap it doesnt look like either of these guys are going to be the Rocky Wirtzs (Blackhawks) or Leonsis(Caps) of the league.
Not until the team starts winning and consistently generating good revenue. Doesn't matter who owns the team, if the team doesn't win, then we can't have a high payroll.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
I think county was expecting more transparency when they agreed to give those loans to SSE, i.e. showing "true" revenues etc (I wonder what SSE has been telling to county sofar). But like in Phoenix, terms of lease doesn't mean anything, Phoenix still has more than 20 years left of lease, but it's pretty much guaranteed that they will be back in Winnipeg after coming season.

JOL
I would like to know how that investigation ended when they were still investigating whether SSE overspent their limit on the Panthers' payroll last season.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Georgia Panther

Boca Raton, FL. [July 30, 2010] – ClipFree announced today that Co-Founder/Chairman Stu Siegel will focus his efforts on growing the rapidly expanding startup Marketing Technology Company. Siegel stepped down last week as the CEO of Sunrise Sports & Entertainment (“SSE”), the parent company of the Florida Panthers NHL team and the BankAtlantic Center.

“I have a passion for starting and growing technology businesses”, said Siegel. “With the experienced staff we have put in place at SSE, I feel confident that the Panthers are on the way to a very successful future. As the start of the season is approaching, I felt it was an ideal time to step back from my day-to-day management role and focus my efforts on growing ClipFree.”

http://clipfree.com/News-Press/Stu-S...-ClipFree.aspx

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote