HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton // Atlanta

Old
07-24-2010, 11:51 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
What in the world are you doing!?!?!?!? Trade Burmistrov??? Why?? He is our future #1 center. Something we have never had!!!

KULDA?!?! Are you trying to handicap our defense for next year???
So...the proven Hemsky would'nt be our #1??

Unkown good prospects >> proven talent on HF I suppose.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 12:08 PM
bdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post

Well, Hemsky is not a center for one thing, and if I'm not mistaken Atlanta has been looking for a number 1 center for a long time, and Burmistrov might be that guy.

But yeah, I don't like his comparisons, as Bogosian has a ton more value than Hemsky, and Burmistrov/MPS have the same value right now. In fact I think Edmonton would make that Hemsky deal.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 12:24 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post

Hemsky is a winger....

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 12:57 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Hemsky is a winger....

Alright...so me trying to make this point = fail.

The point is Atlanta runs.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 01:33 PM
VAThrasher

Quote:
What in the world are you doing!?!?!?!? Trade Burmistrov??? Why?? He is our future #1 center. Something we have never had!!!

KULDA?!?! Are you trying to handicap our defense for next year???
Relax. We took his signing privileges away.

VAThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 01:45 PM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

Hmmm, thought the value was pretty decent.

A top 10 prospect and young shutdown Dman for a blue-chip young dman.

Maybe not.

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 02:11 PM
nvan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Tier View Post
Well, Hemsky is not a center for one thing, and if I'm not mistaken Atlanta has been looking for a number 1 center for a long time, and Burmistrov might be that guy.

But yeah, I don't like his comparisons, as Bogosian has a ton more value than Hemsky, and Burmistrov/MPS have the same value right now. In fact I think Edmonton would make that Hemsky deal.
Do you actually think that? MP has been in the WJC 3 times. In 2008 he was Sweden's youngest player ever to play in the tournament, and in the 2010 tourney he was named to the all-star team. This year at the WHC he was named to the all-star team as one of the youngest players in the tourney. Meanwhile Burmistrov was barely a PPG player in the OHL.

nvan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 02:19 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskyoil View Post
Hmmm, thought the value was pretty decent.

A top 10 prospect and young shutdown Dman for a blue-chip young dman.

Maybe not.
Smid is talented, I'll give you that, but this doesn't appeal to any of Atlanta's needs. We have a young shutdown d-man in Kulda not to mention an already big glut with Sopel, Hainsey, Enstrom, Oduya, several very good prospects in the system as it is (Burmistrov, Jordan Samuels-Thomas, John Albert, Patrice Cormier, Carl Klingberg). Secondly, Bogosian was our 3rd ovr pick for a reason. He had a down season this year due to injury, but when he is healthy and on his game, he is really a big reason for the Thrashers' sudden rebound.

Currently if anything I think the thrash are looking to add some offense.

May I suggest-

Bryan Little, Boris Valabik

for

Dustin Penner, 2011 3rd

Bryan Little is 22 years old, so he can add to Edmonton's nucleus of young guys, with the ability to play RW and C. He's a guy who had a down year playing with some bad linemates (sup todd white sup), but still has the potential to pot 35+ goals, especially playing on lines with potentially Gagner, Hemsky, Hall or Cogliano.

Boris Valabik, while fragile, looked to finally come into his stride pre-injury. I'd love to have him, since Chara, a similar huge player started rough and improved, but then again, with our glut of d-men, he's not exactly a necessity. Fortunately, he's 24, so yeah, there's another guy that adds to a young nucleus.

Penner meanwhile, would benefit the Thrashers greatly. We've got a glut of 20g guys, but with the trade of Kovalchuk there hasn't been a bona-fide scorer expected yet. Penner brings a physical game that fits well in our new identity, and gives us a guy that can score 30 or be that elite offensive guy.

I'm not that knowledgable about Edmonton's lines but Atlanta's would be looking like:

Bergfors-Antropov-Penner
Byfuglien-Peverley-Kane
Ladd-Slater-someone
Eager-Cormier-Thorburn
Boulton

A physical team that gets Atlanta over the hump. We're in win mode. Our franchise really depends on this upcoming couple of seasons on whether or not we'll be putting a contender on ice. I think this is a lineup that gets there.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 02:38 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Some Thrashers fans are more clueless than Don Waddell.

Thrashers say no, and no to every other joke proposal that was proposed in this thread. Burmistrov and Kulda are going no where.

MPS is not important to us and in fact we don't need him period lol. Horrendous proposal.

John Cena* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 02:54 PM
aBurmistrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post

MPS is not important to us and in fact we don't need him period lol. Horrendous proposal.
This.

aBurmistrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 04:16 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:

Thrashers say no, and no to every other joke proposal that was proposed in this thread. Burmistrov and Kulda are going no where.

Does anyone else see the irony in this?

Old
07-24-2010, 04:17 PM
belair

Quote:

Not really a horrendous proposal. It caters to the needs of both teams. Atlanta has an abundance of upcoming defensemen and lacks a true goalscorer. Edmonton is heavy in offensive-minded forwards and lacking in the defensive department.

But neither team does it. Both teams are giving up too much to get what they are getting.

For the Thrashers, Bogosian is a future Top-2 defenseman. Although they need a goalscoring forward, they'd rather not move their future top-pairing guy for one.

The Oilers have a rather pitiful defensive prospect pool. But in getting this big fish, they give up a forward who, at this point, is looking to be at least a 50 point guy with a ton of speed. Then add a d-man who is only 24 and already capable of logging Top-4 and Short-handed minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsigh View Post

May I suggest-

for

Dustin Penner, 2011 3rd
Not a bad proposal IMO. Little is Edmonton born. But he really kind of adds to the small-statured, offence-first type player. He is what I see Eberle as a few seasons from now. Valabik would be a decent add.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Schennsation
Show goes on

Atl says no way

Schennsation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 05:20 PM
bdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvan97 View Post
Do you actually think that? MP has been in the WJC 3 times. In 2008 he was Sweden's youngest player ever to play in the tournament, and in the 2010 tourney he was named to the all-star team. This year at the WHC he was named to the all-star team as one of the youngest players in the tourney. Meanwhile Burmistrov was barely a PPG player in the OHL.
From an unbiased point of view I think they're equal, maybe Burmistrov has a bit more value because he can play center. You're selling Burmistrov awfully short by just saying to look at his stats, the guy is dynamite. Amazing skill, just needs to get bigger.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 06:34 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Smid is talented, I'll give you that, but this doesn't appeal to any of Atlanta's needs. We have a young shutdown d-man in Kulda not to mention an already big glut with Sopel, Hainsey, Enstrom, Oduya, several very good prospects in the system as it is (Burmistrov, Jordan Samuels-Thomas, John Albert, Patrice Cormier, Carl Klingberg). Secondly, Bogosian was our 3rd ovr pick for a reason. He had a down season this year due to injury, but when he is healthy and on his game, he is really a big reason for the Thrashers' sudden rebound.

May I suggest-

for

Dustin Penner, 2011 3rd

Bryan Little is 22 years old, so he can add to Edmonton's nucleus of young guys, with the ability to play RW and C. He's a guy who had a down year playing with some bad linemates (sup todd white sup), but still has the potential to pot 35+ goals, especially playing on lines with potentially Gagner, Hemsky, Hall or Cogliano.

Boris Valabik, while fragile, looked to finally come into his stride pre-injury. I'd love to have him, since Chara, a similar huge player started rough and improved, but then again, with our glut of d-men, he's not exactly a necessity. Fortunately, he's 24, so yeah, there's another guy that adds to a young nucleus.

Penner meanwhile, would benefit the Thrashers greatly. We've got a glut of 20g guys, but with the trade of Kovalchuk there hasn't been a bona-fide scorer expected yet. Penner brings a physical game that fits well in our new identity, and gives us a guy that can score 30 or be that elite offensive guy.

I'm not that knowledgable about Edmonton's lines but Atlanta's would be looking like:

Bergfors-Antropov-Penner
Byfuglien-Peverley-Kane
Ladd-Slater-someone
Eager-Cormier-Thorburn
Boulton

A physical team that gets Atlanta over the hump. We're in win mode. Our franchise really depends on this upcoming couple of seasons on whether or not we'll be putting a contender on ice. I think this is a lineup that gets there.
Why can't you be ATL's GM..EDM fans would love you.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
May I suggest-

for

Dustin Penner, 2011 3rd
I would slightly tweak it:
Little and Valabik for Penner and Cogliano.

Is that close EDM fans?

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 08:23 PM
AintLifeGrand

to ATL: Penner, Hemsky, and Anton Lander
to EDM: Little, Kulda, 1st 2011

Penner-Antropov-Hemsky
Kane-Peverley-Bergfors
Ladd-Slater-Byfuglien
Eager-Cormier-Thorburn
Machachek/Petterson, White

Enstrom-Bogosian
Hainsey-Oduya
Sopel-Valabik
Schubert

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 09:22 PM
JustinCider

The original proposal isn't as far off as ATL fans are making it out to be. MPS and Smid are both top 10 picks, and both are on clearly on the rise. ZB is a very good young dman with a huge upside, both sides are would be giving up some very good, very valuable parts. I understand ATL not wanting to trade ZB, but if this deal happened, the Thrashers would be getting 2 very good young players. I'd like to revisit this proposal in about 3 or 4 years, and it would be a lot clearer as to which package is better.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 09:34 PM
blackcoffee

Quote:
MPS is not important to us and in fact we don't need him period lol.
It is really sad when people make comments like this because it ends up reflecting on the entire fan base and it makes Atlanta fans seem clueless.

blackcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 09:41 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcoffee View Post
It is really sad when people make comments like this because it ends up reflecting on the entire fan base and it makes Atlanta fans seem clueless.
I think it was more how he worded it. We have too many forwards right now as is, and trading a defensemen for ANOTHER forward doesn't do much for us. We would have to make some room just to get him onto the 3rd line, which I think he is better then to start. We lose Bogo and get a huge downgrade offensively in Smid.

This trade just doesn't do much for Atlanta.

Old
07-24-2010, 09:42 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcoffee View Post
We'll trade him for MPS and Smid

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 09:48 PM
iggyman12

I think it is very funny how some Edmonton fans are saying "no" to this. Oilers would be grateful for Atlanta to even considered this...

iggyman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 09:51 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyman12 View Post

I think it is very funny how some Edmonton fans are saying "no" to this. Oilers would be grateful for Atlanta to even considered this...

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 10:12 PM
iggyman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Good argument.

But I can tell that I am speaking to someone who refuses to look at the other teams point of view. Your Penner for Little trade that you mentioned earlier on this thread is more laughable than the original.

iggyman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyman12 View Post

There is a reason why Edmonton fans are saying no to this deal. MPS has all the tools to be a great NHL player. We watch him, we read scouting reports and know a lot about him and his potential. People are going to say he is only a prospect so anything could happen but now a days, any prospect that makes the WJ squad as the youngest player on the team and makes it 3 years in a row, plus makes it on the WC and is nominated to the all star game has a very good chance of becoming a good NHL player. Eberle and MPS both have proven that they can play against men and play very well. In Eberle's case, he made it to the World champions and did fantastic there and has put up over a point per game pace in the AHL. MPS has put up better numbers then I believe it was Backstrom in the SEL and he was Sweden's best player in the world champions.

There is a reason Oilers fans are saying no to this deal, when your clueless about MPS and have no idea what's going on, don't bother posting.

Ice Whole is offline   Reply With Quote